Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,278 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare (15769 Views)

This Davido And Psquare Fight Sha,na Wa O / Psquare's Lola Omatayo And Wizkid's Tani Omotayo Are Blood Sisters (LOOK) / Fans Insults PSquare For Deleting May-D's Tracks From Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by ZiggyHimself(m): 3:29am On Sep 03, 2011
We Dont Need Foreign Collabo - Psquare. Video

If you follow Nigerian Music, then you would notice that foreign collaboration is the "IN-Thing". Psquare seems not to be feeling the foreign collabo thing at all.

Psquare were at a press conference in London, from my point of view, they made a clear point of discrimination coming from the "international artists". But I feel they uttered some rather unnecessary statements.

If you are taking me to a club to listen to western music, forget it I wont go there
    Don't be deceived by this collabo thing,,,cos they are trying to tap from us
    If you don't open the doors for us, we would shut our door.
    I don't need to do a collabo with somebody before you can start playing my music there, we play your songs in Nigeria, did you do a collabo with anybody?
    We don't need no collaboration from no artist, we don't need no Jay Z, we don't need no Kanye W
est

click the link below to watch the video interview
http://www.amebortalk.com/exclusive-gist/naija-gist/822-we-dont-need-foreign-collabo-psquare-video
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 03, 2011
Ziggy Himself:
If you are taking me to a club to listen to western music, forget it I wont go there
Don't be deceived by this collabo thing,,,cos they are trying to tap from us
I don't need to do a collabo with somebody before you can start playing my music there, we play your songs in Nigeria, did you do a collabo with anybody?

I hate the bolded so much. When I went to Nigeria, everyone was forcing western influence in my face. I didn't fly 6,000 miles to feel like I'm in the US.

Anyway, they've made a very good point. The west is always funny when it comes to music. There's some exposure in the UK for Nigerian artists. But the US? Hardly any. The US is strictly American/Western music. Breaking into the US scene without doing any collabo is beyond difficult, but I'm sure they're up for the challenge. I'd love to see them do it. If they try, I'll support them all the way.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by nimma(f): 11:53am On Sep 03, 2011
Why are they sounding like angry bitches,bcuz others have foreign collabos and they dont? This na the case of bad belle. If they are not bothered why mention it at all?
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Princek12(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2011
They need to swallow their okrika mentality and humble themselves. Pride comes before a fall, and there is nothing wrong with collaborating with foreign artists. P Square has apparently forgotten that the Nigerian music industry is still young, and therefore the west, especially Yankee, is still getting used to the sound. A business person/artist is obliged to market his music to his intended audience, even if it involves collaborating. Once you get your feet in the door, you may not need collaboration. I guess once the kokomaster paves the way for other Nigerian music artists P Square will be the first to go to Yankee and attempt to reap the benefit.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by koolgrap: 2:15pm On Sep 03, 2011
P square if u have opportunity grab it with two hands and stop being a local Champion. Grow big and grow higher. Abi Psquare dey trip for Dbanj, no need do urs show raw talent and go abroad and work with prosm.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by koolgrap: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2011
Na who get opportunity go move go foreiign,P square stop player hatin. U no like collabo then u are fakin usher raymond for naija people wey no open eye. Psquare shut up & sit down
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by dotman2(m): 2:30pm On Sep 03, 2011
. . . . As if the music wey psquare dey play no get foreign influnce, wit all dem PRE-MIX from international acts. Quit hating and grab ur ursher raymond mentor to do collabo wit, b4 time go jare.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by silvernus0: 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2011
This guys r just too full of themselves with their wealth nd fame they think that's were the world ends .nd these words were out of share jelosy of artist doing colabo foreign arts
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by nasty45(m): 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2011
c ds fake dudes o,who wud want to do a collabo wit a copyright artistes.de shd shut their trap.they dnt knw collabo is a way of buyin into one's fan base.sumone shd teach ds folks sth
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2011
I luv p square,s music but 4dis one, na bad belle d worry them!!!! There music have so much western influence more than any well known artist in naija. Maybe akon, usher them have snub them, they startin hatin!!
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Drunk: 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2011
Go, P-Square, Nigeria is your LIMIT
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by deoyel25(m): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2011
These guys are just dumb and stu.pid. They better grow up or get lost.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by ajirebi20: 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2011
They cant get collabo like Dbanj, now they are hating

Typical Ibo mentality; when you cant beat them, Cry, cry, and cry some more.

Dbanj go on with your collabo, let them cry themselves dry, And BTW, P'square or whatever you call yourselves, please return your Yoruba wives to their right owners, it is about time
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by htajz: 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2011
p square can easily get foreign artist to collaborate with, they have the money and the fame, whats the big deal with foreign artist , nigerian artist have been collaborating with foreign artist from beenie man ,akon,nas ,wyclef,chamillionaire,even wale remixed naeto c song and drake used nneka heartbeat for one of his songs.etc dbanj just arrived so you guys should stop hating on p square.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2011
ajirebi20:

Dbanj go on with your collabo, let them cry themselves dry, And BTW, P'square or whatever you call yourselves, please return your Yoruba wives to their right owners, it is about time

your very st.upid , i guess storm records and mohits don jazyy also have the typical igbo mentality, hater.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by SisiKill1: 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2011
Have they been offered foreign collaboration? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Saltiness to the highest order
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by htajz: 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2011
p square are getting millions of viewers on youtube without any foreign collaboration they are selling like pure water round the world and some fools are here hating on them , abegii we need to stop all these inferiority complex american artist are not all and all after all fela was succesful without any american artist , typical african and their slave mentality mscheeew.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by htajz: 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Have they been offered foreign collaboration? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Saltiness to the highest order

mumu you pay for a foreign artist to collaborate with you , its not free, if they wanted to they can pay and have one like darey payed chamillionare and donjazzy payed snoop dog ,2face payed beenie man its as simple as that and they have the money.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by publisher(m): 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2011
ogugua88 said:
I hate the bolded so much. When I went to Nigeria, everyone was forcing western influence in my face. I didn't fly 6,000 miles to feel like I'm in the US.

Anyway, they've made a very good point. The west is always funny when it comes to music. There's some exposure in the UK for Nigerian artists. But the US? Hardly any. The US is strictly American/Western music. Breaking into the US scene without doing any collabo is beyond difficult, but I'm sure they're up for the challenge. I'd love to see them do it. If they try, I'll support them all the way.

I agree with everything u said,except the bolded area. I dont agree with the so-called western influence thing. Westerm music as we know it also borrowed lots and lots from other cultures. The music known as jazz originated from African slaves,you know that dont you. Same as most 'western' music instruments. The good part is that no matter how western any Nigerian song sounds,our artistes always go an extra mile to remind whoever is listening that their song is from Naija.

PS: Psquare is on point about the collabo issue and unknown to many haters,Psquare is the biggest act in Africa,they are bigger than D'banj (ask youtube), thats a fact. So they have no reason to beef him. Also Dbanj has got to be VERY careful in collaborating with African American Acts, they DONT like Nigerians o. They'ld rather do collabos with South Africans, their reasons are many. Another discussion for another day.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by hackney(m): 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2011
ajirebi20:

Don jazzy wey dey run mo'hits wey arrange collabo for d'banj na Yoruba abi?
face ur tribal mark away .
fux.c.kin.g  dustbin.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by ajirebi20: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2011
hackney:

Don jazzy wey dey run mo'hits wey arrange collabo for d'banj na Yoruba abi?
face your tribal mark away .
fux.c.kin.g  dustbin.

You mean it was Don Jazzy's song that Snoop and kanye heard that made them collabo with Dbanj?

Wish Dpn Jazzy's song or album are talking about? I'd love to listen
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by SisiKill1: 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2011
@ htajz
Hey dumbass, obviously your boys think it's a big deal that's why they are mentioning it. They are the ones with the inferiority complex that's why they think it's a big deal, which again is why they are mentioning it. Get it now. , stu/pid

Here's a question for you. . .Fool, do you think just because they can afford a collaboration, they can get it? No need to answer that. . Dummy, It's not hard to tell you are from the ijit school of thought who believe money can buy everything.

Chew on that nitwit. . .but don't task your mushy brain too much, we don't want the little you have left to finally dissipate. On seconds thoughts. . . Go ahead. Being the first walking brainless seems a good fit for you. . .slowpoke!  cheesy cheesy
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by publisher(m): 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2011
@ajirebi20

Obviously,the excess oil and pepper in your soup(s) has diluted your brains. Kindly go and so-do-mize Awolowo's statue on Allen roundabout ikeja, cos that's clearly the only thing you'll ever be good at. First class mumu!!!!
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by htajz: 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

@ htajz
Hey dumbass, obviously your boys think it's a big deal that's why they are mentioning it. They are the ones with the inferiority complex that's why they think it's a big deal, which again is why they are mentioning it. Get it now. , silly!

Here's a question for you. . .Fool, do you think just because they can afford a collaboration, they can get it? No need to answer that. . Dummy, It's not hard to tell you are from the ijit school of thought that money can buy anything.

Chew on that nitwit. . .but don't task your mushy brain too much, we don't want the little you have left to finally dissipate. On seconds thoughts, being the first walking brainless seems a good fit for you. . .slowpoke!  cheesy cheesy

mumu p square is bigger and more succesfull than many of the so called foreign artist  , your very dumb so because they are africans you now rate them lower than american artist , people like you wont mind to become slaves to americans and the earlier we get rid of your types the better for us. if they want a collabo they will schedule pay for one like others did , its not a big deal.

my boys remain the biggest artist to come out of naija since the death of baba fela and  tubaba.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by AjanleKoko: 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2011
Guys,
P-Square have easily the biggest following of any artiste in Africa. Forget D'Banj. I have been to a number of African nations, and you would be shocked at how some of these nations are crazy about these guys. From Senegal to Angola. They are making a killing in Africa. That might have informed their position on the collabo issue, a position which I kinda like.

Ironically they're also the highest paid of all the Glo Ambassadors, D'Banj included.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by ajirebi20: 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2011
publisher:

@ajirebi20

Obviously,the excess oil and pepper in your soup(s) has diluted your brains. Kindly go and so-do-mize Awolowo's statue on Allen roundabout ikeja, cos that's clearly the only thing you'll ever be good at. First class mumu!!!!

At least, I am First-class at something. Even in mumulogy, Ibos suck ballz.

Kinda suck to be you though.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by SisiKill1: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2011
@htajz
Bwahahahahahahaha!

Aiiight keep telling yourself that. Far be it from me to poke holes at your delusions. Everyone is entiled to believe in something. . .no matter how idiotic. It gives 'em a reason to wake up every morning. cheesy
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Greenslim: 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2011
Be yourself o jere.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by koolgrap: 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2011
htajz:      Who is this guy (htajz),when u start to dey listen to music, I guess during daddy showkey. Instead of P square listen to Usher, instead of M.I listen to Lil wayne,instead of our funny dancehall listen to jamaica hits or raggaeton. I am very positive we nEed collabo with foriegners if opportunity come. Our entertainment industry is 0•5 / 10.   Who say make u patronize them is saying rubbish believe me. I prefer western sports, western clothes,weestern language , because na there e for dey happen. So Mr htajz shut da hell up
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Kollage(m): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2011
I love D'banj, Darey, and all Nigerian act doing collabo with the west but at same tym we re proud to b Africans and Nigerians in particular. wat P square said is wat M. I. said too, is his interview with choic boiz wen they came to London, according to them, Nigerian artiste don't need to run to these yankee guys on their knees begging for collabo and at last paying a whole lot of money for a single track. ask don jazzy how much he paid to snoop dogg for endowed remix. all am saying is that we got what it takes, naija no dey carry last, let believe in ourselves. M. i. said if he will do collabo with any western musician then it will be based on mutual respect and not him paying so much to work with u, simple.
Re: We Do Not Need Foreign Collaboration - Psquare by Outstrip(f): 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2011
How is that a smart thing to say publicly. Their business is very flaky. That foreign collaboration is probably what will help them when no one cares about their music anymore. Bridle you tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Quavo’s Solo Album To Feature Davido / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Recounts Her Grass To Grace Story / Is Ycee Calling Out Sony Music? "They Tried To Ruin My Career But We Had Plan B"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.