Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,148 members, 7,780,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:34 AM

What To Wear When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What To Wear When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents? (3417 Views)

Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers / What Would You Prefer Your Wife To Wear Always? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Wear When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents? by Bidy(f): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2007
what do you wear when you are meeting you boyfriend's parents for the first time?
Re: What To Wear When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents? by cammax7(m): 2:23pm On Aug 27, 2007
Your title is misleading. Edit it. Else you won't get your desired response in time, at least before the big day comes.
Re: What To Wear When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents? by spikedcylinder: 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2007
You can try wearing prison garments. It'll create a lasting impression. grin
Re: What To Wear When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents? by Busybee1: 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2007
Its depends on d tribe u are meeting but d most important thing is 2 be modest and neat DONT WEAR TROUSER
Re: What To Wear When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2007
Dont look overly done up or wear too much make up. You can still look good while indeed covering up.
Re: What To Wear When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents? by Janeesa: 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2007
I would say something modest, no  boobs hangin out, no mini skirts, tight shirts/pants, or sheer see-through clothing,
Just a nice fitting top and pants or w/e, look conservative.
Re: What To Wear When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents? by Bidy(f): 8:33am On Aug 28, 2007
@ Spikedcylinder

That is a very good one for you to wear, i like people like you who dont pretend.
Re: What To Wear When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents? by suze(f): 10:07am On Aug 28, 2007
It all depends on the background of the parents
The type of meeting, Is the guy just a boyfriend or someone you are planning to marry.
It also depends on how old the parents are
And it depends on your age range , whether you are a teenager, early or late twenties. There's a way they'll expect you to dress at a certain age.
Are they educated or not?
Do they stay in the village or they stay in Lagos?
Are they Nigerians or not?
Are they the yuppy or conservative type?

All these matter.

Men, there are lots to consider, But I think the best thing is to always be yourself and not to pretend to be who you are not or dress like what you are not. Its immpossible to please everybody!
Re: What To Wear When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents? by spikedcylinder: 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Bidy, I was kidding o! grin

What does the level of education of the parents have to do with what you wear? You should dress to impress them whether they are highly educated or not.

(1) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian Poses Completely Full Frontal NAK.ED For Paper (PHOTOS, +18) / WTF! See The Fake Vagina Ladies Now Wear To Deceive Men (photos) / Ladies Order Your Packs Of Tummy Slimming Patch Product Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.