Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Why Do People Sleep In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Sleep In Church (11273 Views)

10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon / Why Do People Sleep In The Church? / Why Do People Sleep In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Sleep In Church by Komedy(m): 7:22am On Sep 04, 2011
honestly,bits me when i see people snoring away during church services,but d irony is that most of these people actually stay up all night watchin their favourite movies
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by obowunmi(m): 9:58am On Sep 04, 2011
Church is boring. God is forgiving.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by GSyntax(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2011
For some people, it's a habit. You see them fall asleep immediately it is time for sermon, but once it's over, you see them awake instantly without the help of anybody. Some churches could boring at times, no doubt, but believe you me, if you make up your mind to stay awake and listen, you will go home with at least one nugget!
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by folaski: 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2011
Sleeping habitually is an indication of spiritual sickness. It has a cure; deliverance !
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by IyaWitch(f): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2011
Church empty, it mean nothing, so obvious.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by executinal(m): 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2011
People that sleep in Church is possessed by spirit of distraction and need urgent deliverance embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by ogagusps3: 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2011
The only time I sleep in church is when the pastors preaching is dry.
I can't go through a dry sermon. I find a lot of Nigerian churches dry,
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by globexl: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2011
Most People are tire of listening to the same old crap week after week from their infancy althrough their lives. Any thing new? Any new gospel?

God loves you. Good but so what?
Jesus is the son of god and he loves you. good but so what?
The devil is out to decieve and harm you. Really? Then why can't Goad and his son Jesus team and kill the devil for one last time and then game over?
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by sagaponle: 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2011
maybe because they have no where to sleep at home.

Seriously, why is this topic on the home page?
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by 27naira(m): 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2011
globexl:

Most People are tire of listening to the same old crap week after week from their infancy althrough their lives. Any thing new? Any new gospel?

God loves you. Good but so what?
Jesus is the son of god and he loves you. good but so what?
The devil is out to decieve and harm you. Really? Then why can't Goad and his son Jesus team and kill the devil for one last time and then game over?

Nobody is asking you to ridicule the system, the question is: why do people sleep in church??
état de mort cérébrale
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by ogagusps3: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2011
Truth be told, unless its a church that you enjoy you can't help but sleep. undecided
On less you don't want to admit to yourself that you're tired.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by xynerise: 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2011
It depends on the pastor preaching. Some pastors preach as if they are Richard marx or R kelly. So what do u expect from a preaching that sounds like blues. grin
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Joagbaje(m): 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2011
It's a spiritual problem , they moss out of what God is doing at that time. Another thing is that the flesh does not like spiritual things. So those who are in the flesh sleeps . They have to learn to take charge of their bodies by the spirit . It is spiritual indiscipline.

Matthew 26:40
40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter,. . . the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by mithel(m): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2011
boring service,boring preachings.and to be honest i try not to sleep,and instead just wander off in thoughts but check in on the preachings once in a while,so i dnt leave church without nothing to show.but its mostly in 9ja churches dat i doze or seem uninterested.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by kevoh(m): 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2011
Noticed the same thing in the past few sundays to cap it up those that manage to stay awake are not there mentally. From the look on their face and body signs you'll know they are not following the preacher, some are lost in thought, some are tapping away at their mobile phones, others are just waiting for it to end.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Bokoharam: 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2011
I guess, it's lack of interest. If you know why you are there, there is no reason you should not be alive all through. Some lecturers are drier & drab in their lectures, but students still keep wake and listen attentively. What about that?

If your church is boring, please, find that kind of church where they flog people with cane/koboko (mayb to keep them awake). You know the churches I talk about!!! I guess that's the solution!
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by IYANGBALI: 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2011
they sleep in church because they do not have to pay house rent to shylock landlords
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by atuagbo: 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2011
Anybody dat sleep during church service is under attack and need 2 under go deliverance.
Not habit ooooooo but attack!
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Olayinkaoj(m): 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2011
I pray you dont know why.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by teemon: 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2011
Because they are demon possessed shocked!
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Horlazuncanmi(m): 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2011
if you sleep in church you are possessed and need deliverance urgently, anyway you cant listen to my pastor and sleep(Dr D.K OLUKOYA MFM)
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Builder: 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2011
I prefer to sleep in church, cos that a very deep and comforting sleep, no mosquito, correct fan and ocassionally wet dreams
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Afam4eva(m): 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2011
I remember my days in Deeper life bible church. I dey sleep no be small. I wonder what gets into me. When the sleep starts, i will be praying for the pastor to say something ike Pastor Kelechi, pls bring a bed for Mr Afam to sleep on. I'll be praying for the service to be over ASAP so that i can go home and enoy my sleep. The funny thing is that once the service is over, the sleep disappears from my eye. That's why i believe it's satan's hadiwork.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by stagger: 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2011
I have never fallen asleep in a business meeting, during sex with my wife or other important occasions where maximum attention was required.

Why would I sleep during a service where I meet with my Maker? It is unforgivable to me and that is why I make sure I have enough sleep on Saturday night.

No midnight calls, no late night movies and no working late on Saturday night.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Exponental(m): 8:06pm On Sep 04, 2011
Nothing else bt boring service!
Likes of pastor Oyakilome, listening 2 msgs like his, awakens once spirit. Though nt a member, bt I lyk his msgs n d swaggers dat keep all in accord. Most pastors get it wrong, dy beliv, dres is to preach while odas are 2 listen, bt dy 4get 2 check, if dy are communicating.
Rmberd a service where a deacon at d alter was sleeping! OMG!!
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by seedord247(m): 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2011
That means the pastor is dull.

It happen in class sometime's when the teacher give's lecture that's is boring.

I doubt it if they sleep in CCC Or C & S, because there's maximum ginger and swaGGER IN THA CHURCH.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Skii(m): 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2011
na wah for you o poster, you asked and answered the question at a go
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by odumchi: 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2011
Heres a perfect example.

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by rezzy: 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2011
Boring service can make one to sleep while at times, it could be as a result of tiredness
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Babamide(m): 9:32pm On Sep 04, 2011
afam4eva:

I remember my days in Deeper life bible church. I dey sleep no be small. I wonder what gets into me. When the sleep starts, i will be praying for the pastor to say something ike Pastor Kelechi, pls bring a bed for Mr Afam to sleep on. I'll be praying for the service to be over ASAP so that i can go home and enoy my sleep. The funny thing is that once the service is over, the sleep disappears from my eye. That's why i believe it's satan's hadiwork.
Mr Afam, i'm rolling on the floor. But seriously nowadays, i discovered i sleep more often in church as a result of the air conditioning so i started chewing gum during service. Bye bye to sleep. Simple deliverance.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by God2man(m): 9:34pm On Sep 04, 2011
Fatigue is one of the major reason. It can also be caused by too much comfort, for example, you have already taken heavy meals in the morning before coming to church, then when you get to church the standing fan and the ceiling fan are already blowing over you, before you know it, you have slept off. Also sleeping late on saturday will also make you to sleep in the church. With all the above reasons, it easy to fall asleep in the church. However, if you do not engage yourself with all these reasons and yet you are sleeping in the church, it means that there is the possibily of satanic manipulations empowered to steal great blessings from you during the service. God bless you. God2man. is the possibily of satanic manipulations empowered to steal great blessings from you during the service. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by ikechukz(m): 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2011
some pastors are way boring.i think church ushers should move around with pepper spray,that would be a cure fore the sickness

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Will Be Slavery In Heaven So I Hope Yall Are Ready To Own White Slaves / Myles Munroe Is In Lagos, Nigeria / Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.