Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin (4258 Views)

I Want To Develop Mobile Applications / I Want To Learn Mobile Applications Development / Vb vs Java: Which Is Better For Mobile Applications? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin by Danyl(m): 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2011
hello house, i want, know if there is any API that could be bought from MTN for selling mobile applications which can only be useful for nigerians alone and which can be used to pay for such mobile applications when downloaded. gurus in the house pls comment
Re: Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin by ndgfx(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2011
Info from, some people who know people who shud know, say that your prayers may well soon be answered.
Not saying much, but it appears that an Appstore and an API/SDK [B]may[/B] be in the works.
Re: Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin by Danyl(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2011
if the api is out so many peolpe will so much be interested but MTN should have something like despite all the years of their existence in the telecommunications industry.
Re: Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin by johnbenth: 8:02am On Feb 28, 2012
I agree with you Danyll! Does anyone found an app to monitor 3G data, i use mtn's website to check my usage on my pc.
Re: Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin by dansmog(m): 6:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
but how does gameloft do it? There are some of there games that are for trial, and after the trial, you can buy the game with credit on your phone (NGN:100). Even when you go to mtnonlineplay.com you buy game with your phone if there is credit. And this is not limited to MTN only.
Re: Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin by Danyl(m): 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
dansmog++:
but how does gameloft do it? There are some of there games that are for trial, and after the trial, you can buy the game with credit on your phone (NGN:100). Even when you go to mtnonlineplay.com you buy game with your phone if there is credit. And this is not limited to MTN only.
may be one have to research more on that...there must be an api they are using to get users download their apps while paying @d same time or may be once dey subscribe by sending it through short code Sms,they av a timed download link
Re: Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin by dansmog(m): 11:10am On Jan 10, 2013
This is how it works;
apart from your data plan or bundle,

when you want to download anything (image, videos, games and music) from www.mtnonlineplay.com, this is what you see; buy now or send to a friend.

If you click buy now, it loads to check if you have credit on your phone not your data bundle or MB.
If you have it takes permission to go ahead if you don't it tells you, DON'T HAVE SUFFICIENT CREDIT TO PERFORM THIS TASK.

at least there should be a way to perform this connecting to mobile phone. Anyways it is API work sha.

Codeacademy is having a free course on web api to creating very useful apps. They have the following api's youtube, , torento or something can remember that, that one connects your app to phones, for sending sms and calls.
Re: Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin by dansmog(m): 11:24am On Jan 10, 2013
With the new api lessons at codeacademy, student will be able to embed a youtube player on thier website and search for videos, find NPR radio show transcripts, send text msgs and call with TWILIO not TORENTO. Shorten links with and other website api.

The mtn api should work like that of TWILIO but more in the downloading with money aspect.
Re: Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin by Danyl(m): 10:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
Thanks@dasmog+ 4dat piece,i'll go over it...
Re: Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin by dansmog(m): 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
@danyl, you are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Processing Games And Tangible User Interface / Internships With Google / Python Code For Birthday Reminder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.