Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (164564 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 21, 2015
I am afraid of the unknown. For those interested in me for a relationship for marriage or anyone who want to counsel me:

This is my contact:

Email: adekunleman@yahoo.com

Phone number: 08186971526

May ALLAH help us and guide us aright. Amin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Wizeboy(m): 1:37pm On May 21, 2015
usqoh:
I am afraid of the unknown. For those interested in me for a relationship for marriage or anyone who want to counsel me:

This is my contact:

Email: adekunleman@yahoo.com

Phone number: 08186971526

May ALLAH help us and guide us aright. Amin

Kindly go through this link: https://www.nairaland.com/1935933/muslim-singles-matching-service-msms

It will help you in your search for a Muslimah.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Wizeboy(m): 2:07pm On May 21, 2015
usqoh:
Salamalaekum. I cant imagine myself broadcasting this but I just have to because i am losing patience.

I am actually looking for a good virgin muslimah who will be my wife. The goal is to get married and not boyfreind/girlfreind relationship.

I am a 26 year old male muslim virgin. I would also want to marry a virgin. Y have I not seen. Y ar our female loose. I am ready to marry but cant just find one that fits.

Islam enjoin virgins to marry themselves and vice versa.

It would be ideal if I had
someone of similar class, which as per my
definition is a virgin or Am I right seeking
this ideal-ness? Am I right in thinking going
with a non-virgin equates to me going for
someone of lesser class?

Wa alaykum salam warahmotullahi wa barakaathu

I believe there are still many Muslimah that are virgin; so you can always get your choice of Muslimah.

I saw this below on a nairaland thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2292198/how-many-men-too-much/1

"Me I will never marry a girl that is not a virgin.
Reasons:
1. women that are not virgins tend to have
some sort of spiritual problem like lack of
favour, breakthrough and the likes " since God
is against it"
2. being a virgin shows some level of discipline
and self-whorth.
3. you respect your wife more when you marry
her as a virgin.
4. Let's just say you just happen to meet a guy
in the future who have FUC.KED your wife
countless times. How will you feel.
5. marrying a Virgin is the only assurance that
your wife has not committed murder
( ABORTION) thus reducing the possibility of
childlessness, And even if she can still give
birth, she is already cursed for committing
murder.
I am not and never ever going to marry a girl
that is not a virgin.
After you don waka from Sokoto to Jalingo
finish you wan come carry your silly self come
near me, I go just shoot you. Basterd silly runs
girl"

Also, wat if i cant satisfy her compared to d guys she has slept with or wat if she has std's?

Most of these are simply fallacy... Even though I support getting marry to a virgin any day, but that doesn't mean those who are not virgin are totally bad. The society or University made some people commit some atrocities, which they might have later repented on.

I can tell you that a sister who has made mistake in the past either out of ignorance or peer pressure and has taken up a better moral/behaviour are also very good to marry. Most of these sisters might even be more pious than the so-called virgin who had not engaged in intimacy but are full of very worst behaviour.

Putting more emphasis on virgin might get you disappointed later on rather than praying to Almighty Allah to grant you, your own rightful partner. There are some sisters who pretended to be a virgin only to be discovered on the night of Nikkah that they are not (will you divorce her?) and there are some as well who are truly virgin but which their character might make life to be a hell for you. In your search for that special person, remember the four qualities Prophet Muhammad (saw) implored us to seek from a woman: Religion, Beauty, Background and wealth.. I believe these are the qualities you should rather be looking for (especially religion and character) rather than basing yourself on a virgin. Been a virgin doesn't equate been religious or having a good character.

The most important thing is for you to pray to Almighty Allah to grant you a spouse who will be coolness in your eye and that both of you will strive hard towards Aljannah.

Almighty Allah will grant everyone of us the best of partner that we will both strive toward Jannah and continue to receive the favour and blessings of Almighty Allah (Ameen).

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 21, 2015
thank you
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sage10pm(m): 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
wots perfection? wus perfect? no one except Allah(swt). am abdul-quadri...jst luking for a sista dat we can easily n almost perfectly panelbit ourselves tu our tastes. Islamically tho n ery oda tins culd follow. interested sis shld wassap mi on 08084680861. ma-salam
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Kaff23(f): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]Assalamun alaikum
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by niyi123: 11:56am On Nov 03, 2015
Kaff23:
[color=#006600][/color]Assalamun alaikum

@kaff23 salam alaekum..
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by easymanofdpeopl(m): 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
Am really happy for seeing something like this on nairaland, may Allah ta'ala bless anybody that initiate it. Jazakallah
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ummsulaym(f): 12:02am On May 01, 2016
Good Lord!

Can't believe I have this much time to spare for celebrities' gist.

Although the people involved are non Muslims and their circumstances can hardly relate directly to Muslims' but still, there was so much to learn from it of which number one to me is, don't go ahead with marriage because "I must marry" when there is a major fault spotted in your spouse to be, a kind of fault you know you won't put up with in the long run but because you told yourself "he will change", " no body is perfect " et al.

Yes, change is a constant thing and no human above it but make sure you are ready to endure it if the change doesn't occur. Nobody is perfect but make sure his/her imperfections is 'copable'.

People usually give list of the ingredients they want in their homes but mine has always been two - compatibility and understanding. Love can exist without those two but those two's existence is accompanied by true love and those two help one stand the test of time save God have planned something really different for the two.

Another lesson learnt:
Society, culture, people's talk will drive a lot to their graves.
May Allah distant talaq from us and us from talaq but when that becomes solution, then it is. Stretching it unnecessarily will amount to greater defect especially when it will still happen anyway.

Just like teebillz and tiwa saga, a close one's dirty linen was washed in the 'community square' each of the couple explaining to who cares to listen, why they have to part ways. Now this is a shameful and disgraceful thing. They would have been able to do this honourably, early enough with 'irreconcilable differences' being all they owe whoever 'cares' to know why.
Beauty of Islam, you can still return to each other within the limits set but this grace might be jeopardized the moment you give people CCTV to watch your lives with.

Another thing is some brothers earning 50k monthly want to settle with a sister whose monthly pocket money almost double his salary. Brother, there are still such good sisters though but ehm, Khadija r.a wasn't cloned nor photocopied. We need to be more realistic.

And to sisters, if you are a salafi, don't marry a staunch Sufi, Shi'a and vice versa. This has nothing to do with sectarianism but your marital success. The differences in opinions and ways of practice is a WIDE margin. People who don't really know about their practices have no problem with this but if you are a Shi'a and you really KNOW it, leave the Salafi brother who KNOWS it too, and vice versa. This is a huge incompatibility. We hear things like, 'haba one can change the other na' but egbon mi, that's a rare happening if the two really, like really understand what they do.

And other examples of huge incompatibilities follow...

No home or marriage is perfect. Even couples of over 50 years who are still very much together have many sad episodes and went through tough phases but they were only able to scale through because their differences are endurable. Some differences are not bearable.

The good news is the medicine is there "ISLAM" we have the Qur'an, hadith and the seerah of the family life of the salafiyyoon lead by Habibullah, salallahu alayhi wassalam but we always don't know which particular medicine to use for one illness or we don't know the right dosage.

In a nutshell, regardless of the inevitabilities in marriages, we need to lay a good foundation first, then struggle with what follows. Getting married is one, staying married is another aluta. Yes, I believe in qadar just as I believe in freewill.

May Allah help every student of this eternal college 'nikkah' and may it be an accelerator of speed to jannah.

#prayforeveryhome

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 10:36am On May 01, 2016
ummsulaym:
Good Lord!

Although the people involved are non Muslims and their circumstances can hardly translate directly to Muslims' but still, there was so much to learn from it of which number one to me is, don't go ahead with marriage because "I must marry" when there is a major fault spotted in your spouse to be, a kind of fault you know you won't put up with in the long run but because you told yourself "he will change", " no body is perfect " et al.

Yes, change is a constant thing and no human above it but make sure you are ready to endure it if the change doesn't occur. Nobody is perfect but make sure his/her imperfections is 'copable'.

People usually give list of the ingredients they want in their homes but mine has always been two - compatibility and understanding. Love can exist without those two but those two's existence is accompanied by true love and those two help one stand the test of time save God have planned something really different for the two.

Another lesson learnt:
May Allah distant talaq from us and us from talaq but when that becomes solution, then it is. Stretching it unnecessarily will amount to greater defect especially when it will still happen anyway.

Just like teebillz and tiwa saga, a close one's dirty linen was washed in the 'community square' each of the couple explaining to who cares to listen, why they have to part ways. Now this is a shameful and disgraceful thing. They would have been able to do this honourably, early enough with 'irreconcilable differences' being all they owe whoever 'cares' to know why.
Beauty of Islam, you can still return to each other within the limits set but this grace might be jeopardized the moment you give people CCTV to watch your lives with.

Another thing is some brothers earning 50k monthly want to settle with a sister whose monthly pocket money almost double his salary. Brother, there are still such good sisters though but ehm, Khadija r.a wasn't cloned nor photocopied. We need to be more realistic.

And to sisters, if you are a salafi, don't marry a staunch Sufi, Shi'a and vice versa. This has nothing to do with sectarianism but your marital success. The differences in opinions and ways of practice is a WIDE margin. People who don't really know about their practices have no problem with this but if you are a Shi'a and you really KNOW it, leave the Salafi brother who KNOWS it too, and vice versa. This is a huge incompatibility. We hear things like, 'haba one can change the other na' but egbon mi, that's a rare happening if the two really, like really understand what they do.

No home or marriage is perfect. Even couples of over 50 years who are still very much together have many sad episodes and went through tough phases.

You know, when mummy asked me how marriage life was I replied "so sweet mum. I wish it can only get better ( I was this girl really scared of marriage because of the husband and Jannah thing #scary. LOL).

Mummy said " that's good to hear. I wish you the very best and pray it works even better for you than me BUT the down moments will come and how you two handle it will determine its longevity"

Sweet Grammy told me to firmly deposit this up moments in my memory box and remember it to enable me work to get it back when other moments set in "
Till tomorrow, I can't forget those lines and sometimes, I get really scared.

The good news is the medicine is there "ISLAM" we have the Qur'an, hadith and the seerah of the family life of the salafiyyoon lead by Habibullah, salallahu alayhi wassalam but we always don't know which particular medicine to use for one illness or we don't know the right dosage.

Wallahi, I wish this sweetness in nikkah just never pause not to talk of taking a turn even for a moment. LOL!

In a nutshell, regardless of the inevitabilities in marriages, we need to lay a good foundation first, then struggle with what follows. Getting married is one, staying married is another aluta. Yes, I believe in qadar just as I believe in freewill.

May Allah help me and every student of this eternal college 'nikkah' and may it be an accelerator of our speed to jannah.

#prayforeveryhome

A lot of people ignore major signs and marry because they sometimes think love conquers all, or hoping that the spouse will change, and that does not always happen.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Antyna(f): 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2016
ummsulaym:
Good Lord!

Although the people involved are non Muslims and their circumstances can hardly relate directly to Muslims' but still, there was so much to learn from it of which number one to me is, don't go ahead with marriage because "I must marry" when there is a major fault spotted in your spouse to be, a kind of fault you know you won't put up with in the long run but because you told yourself "he will change", " no body is perfect " et al.

Another lesson learnt:

No home or marriage is perfect. Even couples of over 50 years who are still very much together have many sad episodes and went through tough phases.

You know, when mummy asked me how marriage life was I replied "so sweet mum. I wish it can only get better ( I was this girl really scared of marriage because of the husband and Jannah thing #scary. LOL).

Mummy said " that's good to hear. I wish you the very best and pray it works even better for you than me BUT the down moments will come and how you two handle it will determine its longevity"

Sweet Grammy told me to firmly deposit this up moments in my memory box and remember it to enable me work to get it back when other moments set in "
Till tomorrow, I can't forget those lines and sometimes, I get really scared.

Wallahi, I wish this sweetness in nikkah just never pause not to talk of taking a turn even for a moment. LOL!

May Allah help me and every student of this eternal college 'nikkah' and may it be an accelerator of our speed to jannah.

#prayforeveryhome

Well said sister, may Allah help us in the search for a pius partner
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by syras: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
As for me, I shall want someone who's muslimah (and understands Islam). She has to be beautiful both inside (i.e. character-wise) and out (i.e. gorgeous ).

A real person who never pretends and mature (i.e. she knows what marriage is about). She should be real as she could. The complexion of the lady should be light skin, and she should know how to make a very wonderful conversation.

By the way, I hope I am right on time. grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zeyney(f): 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
must b a practicing Muslim have a vast knowledge of d Qu'ran and hadith shud HV d fear of Allah average looking or good looking b humble and HV good relationship with people around him
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zeyney(f): 9:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
in a bid to get to know ourselves let's not go outside d tenet of Islam which discourages free mixing of single male and females. may Allah forgv our short comings

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zeyney(f): 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
and let's not also forget DAT courtship in Islam is not allowed as shaytan can use DAT as a means to turn our desires against us.may Allah save us from d fitna of shaytan
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zeyney(f): 5:40am On Jul 17, 2016
usqoh:
Salamalaekum. I cant imagine myself broadcasting this but I just have to because i am losing patience.

I am actually looking for a good virgin muslimah who will be my wife. The goal is to get married and not boyfreind/girlfreind relationship.

I am a 26 year old male muslim virgin. I would also want to marry a virgin. Y have I not seen. Y ar our female loose. I am ready to marry but cant just find one that fits.

Islam enjoin virgins to marry themselves and vice versa.

It would be ideal if I had
someone of similar class, which as per my
definition is a virgin or Am I right seeking
this ideal-ness? Am I right in thinking going
with a non-virgin equates to me going for
someone of lesser class?
walaykumsalam .Allah has made it clear in d Quran DAT pious men are for pious women and vice versa
so if u are indeed pious den all have to do is ask Allah for a pious muslimmah and insha Allah ur prayers will b ansered
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Abdullahi2016(m): 8:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
deols:

Religion-wise- *Muslim
-has good Qira'a
-is working on being a better muslim

Physical attributes *good-looking
*tall-my height or taller.
*dark skinned
- should love the gym

Endearing attributes *in love
*confident
*should make it obvious(in every way possible) what he thinks of me
*Intelligent- dont like to explain wat I mean all da time.
*mature
- any form of pretence wld put me off
Profession
-no specific one
*should be able to think beyond his nose

* compulsory
- can do without

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
snapscore:
Something is telling me you are deols... You have so many things in common, just that you are more matured than her in relating(which is understandable, growth)
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
busar:
Something is telling me you are deols... You have so many things in common, just that you are more matured than her in relating(which is understandable, growth)

Nah. But I enjoy reading some of her comments.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2017
Oh! Ok...... ...

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
Had to go look at her profile.

She was last online in 2014.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
She deactivated 2013 due to some issues (can't remember again)..... She Really tried. May Allah grant her ease wherever she may be
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ameen.

https://www.nairaland.com/deols

Maybe there is another deols but this is the deols I'am talking about.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2017
Yeah, I know... She deactivated but when nairaland was hacked in early 2014, those that deactivated were activated automatically afterwards
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
ohhhhhh wow. I didn't know that.

Thanks for the explanation.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
Alhamdu lillah, you are welcome...... That means you ain't deols then......
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
No. I am contact17
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
I know that already
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
Okay.

Just clarifying.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 11:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
Alright
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 26, 2017
I was going through the thread and I really learnt a lot from it!
So I guess I would add mine. The list is incomplete.
The most important characteristics I look for are righteousness and character, followed by family lineage, not sure if beauty or wealth would come next.
Now in terms of religion and character
I would like someone knowledgeable and practicing. If not knowledgeable enough but able to accept the truth when presented to him.

*Shouldn’t be ladies man. I cannot blame a man for being handsome but I can blame him for being flirty and keeping female companions. This is one of my biggest turn off.

*Honest

Respect*- Respectful and polite doesn’t just mean to greet people anyone. But someone with principles (like me), tolerates and able to relate with people in respectful manner. For example, I cannot stand someone who curses or abuses, someone who says every four letter swear word. I understand sometimes people need to take out their frustration but there are alternative like say flying potatoes or flip flops or whatever. I would not want my kids to pick up these habits. I have seen kids use curse words and I am left to wonder where they picked it from.

*Not be arrogant- I can’t stand it!
*Not stingy
*Family oriented- If or when I do have a family, I would like someone who understands that work isn’t everything. I would like someone who does not mind taking off to spend with family.
*Hardworking- Should be goal oriented- knowing what he wants in life and work towards it.
Shy- Shyness is a beautiful thing
Intelligent &Mature
Education level- University level... I dunno
Finance/employment/type of job – As long as it’s halal based
Social status- I don’t think I have a preference but as long as we can afford our needs and wants.

Family heritage/ nobility - This is the next thing I look for after religion and character. Some characteristics are passed on to children. What type of family are they? What are they known for? Are they understanding? Are they the type would get offended when I speak English or greet them in English? Are they the type to get upset at me when me and my husband have decided on a matter that they aren’t pleased with.

*Should not hit women or easily get angered.
*Shouldn’t be the type to hold grudges or keep malice
*Should believe in communication and opening up feelings. If I have asked you why you are upset twice and you just shu enu jo ...I probably won’t ask again.
*Understands that I do not believe it is an obligation to cook or clean. Not the type to be going out every weekend or inviting friends every weekend- realistically speaking some nurses have only a day off during the weekend. If I happen to be working in the hospital and hubby invites six of his friend over without informing me, he should know that I am under no obligation to start cooking a variety of dishes. I deserve my weekend as much as he does
*Understand that I do not cook amala, eba, ewedu and co. I may do it for him but I don't eat them.
*Jealousy is natural but being possessive is not
*Confident
Caring and sensitive
Preferably, likes the gym and believes in living a healthy lifestyle. I would love to workout with my husband and raise healthy kids.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.