Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (164858 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
URGENT PLEASE!!!
Do you know any graduate with 1st class, 2.1 or 2.2 in any of the following fields?
- Mathematics
- Statistics
- Physics
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Geology
- Political Science
- Civil Engineering
- Law
- Health sciences
- Sociology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mass Communication
- Medicine
• Can they speak English fluently?
• Do they have Computer skills?
• Are they willing to relocate to Germany?
• OK! Greet them for me. It's not easy. grin tongue grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by FriendNG: 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
AbdelKabir:
URGENT PLEASE!!!
Do you know any graduate with 1st class, 2.1 or 2.2 in any of the following fields?
- Mathematics
- Statistics
- Physics
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Geology
- Political Science
- Civil Engineering
- Law
- Health sciences
- Sociology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mass Communication
- Medicine

If I blow your mouth ehn grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2017
snapscore:
Would you ever consider marrying someone against your/their parents wishes?
it actually depends on the reason the parents don't want them be together. If it is something the sharia agrees with, one shouldn't go against them. But if it is the opposite, like the parent(s) doesn't want his daughter to marry a sunni but a bid'ee, such child can go against them in this after making efforts to enlighten them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
I agree with brother busar. I think if it's important to understand their reasons for it. If it's something that's not significant then I guess one can go against their wishes. However, sometimes ohun ti agbalagba ri nigba ti joko, ọmọkekere ko le ri nigba ton duro.

I feel like marrying without consent might one way affect the marriage at some point. Say for example if the man's family doesn't like the woman and they have that very clear. For instance, if something was to happen between she and her husband, she probably won't get any support from them.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
RIP Yoruba..... Murdered by the hajia up there....
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
I used google translate...Is it wrong?

I understood it.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2017
On a more serious note, its essential the parents consent to your marriage, agreed...

But what if you've done a check on the person and you found out the deen is saheehu jiddan and every other thing you need is found infact you are already dreaming of getting married to the person... Suddenly our parents say they don't want "Eleha" (niqobi) or "oni irungbon'(bearded one)....what will you do?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
On a more serious note, its essential the parents consent to your marriage, agreed...

But what if you've done a check on the person and you found out the deen is saheehu jiddan and every other thing you need is found infact you are already dreaming of getting married to the person... Suddenly our parents say they don't want "Eleha" (niqobi) or "oni irungbon'(bearded one)....what will you do?

This is the most important thing I look for. If their reason is because he's religious, I won't accept that. But if it's his parents that don't want me....I will take a pause.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
snapscore:
I used google translate...Is it wrong?

I understood it.

Don't mind me....there is just one mistake...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Don't mind me....there is just one mistake...

What is it? Maybe it's the word I changed.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
snapscore:

This is the most important thing I look for. If their reason is because he's religious, I won't accept that. But if it's his parents that don't want me....I will take a pause.

Na'am....so it actually depends.... And yes for me also....once the parent don't want me....o pari...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
snapscore:

What is it? Maybe it's the word I changed.

ohun ti agbalagba ri nigba ti joko, ọmọkekere ko le ri nigba ton duro.

The emboldened doesn't sound correct, its should be "Ton"
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
AbdelKabir:

ohun ti agbalagba ri nigba ti joko, ọmọkekere ko le ri nigba ton duro.

The emboldened doesn't sound correct, its should be "Ton"

that wasn't me. I changed the second ti to ton
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Na'am....so it actually depends.... And yes for me also....once the parent don't want me....o pari...

It doesn't pari for me. It will only pari when their dislike for me affects their ability to be diplomatic with me.

What if it's extended family members that don't want you?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
snapscore:

It doesn't pari for me. It will only pari when their dislike for me affects their ability to be diplomatic with me.

The dislike I meant is strong dislike.... If they don't like me they won't give me their daughter's hand in marriage....and I won't bother myself going through the channel of looking for another wali

What if it's extended family members that don't want you?

That's a minor case, since they are not the ones to give me their daughter's hand in marriage..
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
So if everyone is saying that they don't mind going against their parents' wishes, what about the other person?

For example the man's family don't want her but he doesn't mind going against their wishes, what will make the woman accept since she's not wanted?

So is there a difference between, if one's parent doesn't want him/her and if it's the other parent that don't him/her?

Once one of the family isn't okay with it, someone has to marry into a family that doesn't want them.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
I think I've already mentioned what I think about that....
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
AbdelKabir:
I think I've already mentioned what I think about that....

The o pari?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
snapscore:

The o pari?

Yep if the dislike for me is so so strong such that will they can't leave their daughter for me....
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
But again it depends..... If its a woman I like so much, perhaps due to virtues I've seen.....then perhaps we will transfer the wali position to the next available person after we've begged and begged the father...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
I was about to respond then I saw ^^
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Mujah1deen: 7:52am On Jun 16, 2017
I guess everyone is now happily married?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by habdulafeez(m): 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
happily married ke....
I'm currently searching for my missing ribs o. She may just be here,
I am Afeez Adedamola, age:30 years from Lagos State and resides in Lagos State. Genotype:AS/O+
I am Interested in a pious Muslim lady with age bracket:20-28 and attained a tertiary education level.
A lady who is openminded, honest and kindhearted. She must be from any of the southwestern states and resides in Lagos.
About me: introvert but a sanguine, loves meeting people, writing and watching football. presently working with the State civil service
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Coccoh(f): 10:43am On Jul 04, 2017
habdulafeez:
happily married ke....
I'm currently searching for my missing ribs o. She may just be here,
I am Afeez Adedamola, age:30 years from Lagos State and resides in Lagos State. Genotype:AS/O+
I am Interested in a pious Muslim lady with age bracket:20-28 and attained a tertiary education level.
A lady who is openminded, honest and kindhearted. She must be from any of the southwestern states and resides in Lagos.
About me: introvert but a sanguine, loves meeting people, writing and watching football. presently working with the State civil service

You didnt include ur preferred genotype embarassed
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by habdulafeez(m): 4:21pm On Jul 04, 2017
Coccoh:

You didnt include ur preferred genotype embarassed
sure...my preferred genotype must be AA
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by dlantean(m): 8:30am On Sep 24, 2017
MAN LOOKING FOR WOMAN
MALE SEARCHING FOR FEMALE

Name: Y...
Genotype: AA
Blood Group: O-
Tribe: Yoruba
Religion: Islam
State of Origin: Ogun
Current Location: Ojodu-Berger, Lagos.
Employment: Employed and Freelance Web Developer
Looks: 4/5
Body: Athletic
Height: 5.11"
Weight: 60 - 65 kg
Disability : None
Highest Academic: First Degree
I've been a Muslim since birth.
My knowledge of Islam: I can recite the Qur'an but can't translate.
Practise of Islam: Observe prayers daily, Friday Jumat and Ramadan fasting.

Description of would-be spouse:
Preferably, light in complexion.
Body (plum, athletic, slender...) irrelevant.
Hair/Eye colour, irrelevant.
Single or Divorced.
With or without a kid.
Preferably, Muslimah.
Nigerian.
No secrets.
No psychological issues.
Ready to lay out all cards from first meeting. Life is short so I don't want to waste your time. Would appreciate, you not wasting mine.

Married but complicated (Complication open for discussion with the lady, not Nairaland)

I don't subscribe to any Islamic sect and don't intend to. The Masjid is enough for me.

Email: ylantean@gmail.com
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ummsulaym(f): 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
Coccoh:

Wa anta fajazakillahu khayran. Berra for u my sister cos the rate at which those people up dere take amala and ewedu serious ehn, its not here at all.

grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ummsulaym(f): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
AbdelKabir:
URGENT PLEASE!!!
- Mathematics
- Statistics
- Physics
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Geology
- Political Science
- Civil Engineering
- Law
- Health sciences
- Sociology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mass Communication
- Medicine
cheesy
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by loshybab(m): 7:23pm On Oct 29, 2017
maclatunji:
On the scale of 10 in terms of cooking. I give myself a 6. I learnt to cook without adding flavour enhancers a.k.a. Maggi, knorr etc. My mother is convinced that they lead to an early grave.
Thank God I'm not alone in this.

It feels good to know Im not the only person or whose mother doesn't cook with flavour enhancers and as such don't cook with it myself....#Cheers Man
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by loshybab(m): 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
As a fresher in this section,i grew interest in this thread and I'm in for a long reading coz I'm gonna read all posts.....

Now in 6/219
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hello..
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by missyQween(f): 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
loshybab:
As a fresher in this section,i grew interest in this thread and I'm in for a long reading coz I'm gonna read all posts.....

Now in 6/219

Lol,So,You actually started from 1?

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.