Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

How To Pray A Prevailing Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Pray A Prevailing Prayer (5244 Views)

Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? / Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? / How To Pray Effectively By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Pray A Prevailing Prayer by ecenter(m): 11:48am On Sep 05, 2011
I will be sharing with us on how to pray a prevailing prayer .  In the first place let me define what I mean by prevailing prayer.

Prevailing prayer is the prayer prayed until the answer comes. Such prayer takes all of a man.Men of prevailing prayer are aggressive to the point that they can't do without prayer. To such warriors prayer is a second nature to them.Anything you are saying over how to solve their problems that is not to pray sounds funny to them. So do you want to know how to pray a prevailing prayer? Then read the remaining article below.

There are steps to praying prevailing prayer.The steps I want to share with you are fundamental to prevailing prayers. Now lets see them in detail.

1. You must be born again. Jn 3:3. In this portion of the scripture, Jesus said to the Jewish ruler Nicodemus, Except a man is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. What is being born again? It's the recreation of the Adamic nature in man. By the sin of Adam every man born here on earth inherited a sinful nature that will not please God neither would it desire the things of God.(Rom 5:12) Those who are not born again cannot pray a prevailing prayer because it involves the totality of the man; It involves the recreated; regenerated spirit of the man. this is the spirit that desires the things of God. So such kind of person automatically can pray a prevailing prayer. A sinner's  prayer cannot be heard or answered (Isaiah 59:1-2).

2. You must be filled with the holy spirit. Acts 2:1-4. The Holy spirit is the power of God that enables a christian to pray a prevailing prayer.Without the power of the Holy spirit you cannot pray a prevailing prayer.(Jn 15:5) And apostle Paul expressed the importance of the Holy spirit when he said in the book of Romance 8:26-Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groaning which cannot be uttered.) So the holy spirit is an important person that helps us to pray. If you have not been filled with the Holy spirit you have to invite Him into your life today and as you do your prayer life will be a rewarding and enjoyable exercise.

[b]3.you have to have faith.[/b]Furthermore for you to pray a prevailing prayer that will move mountain, Faith in God and in yourself is essential. Prevailing prayer is a mountain moving prayer that every believer must pray always.
And for such kind of prayer to be possible you have to have faith in God and in yourself. Faith in God is trusting God for every help you  need; for encouragement and dominion over the enemy of your soul and family.Whereas, Faith in yourself is that confidence you have that you are going to make it. Because God has given to you all you need to fight the devil and overcome him. Jesus said in Luke 10:19- ''Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you''. (KJV) So don't despise yourself for you have been given power greater than any other power in the world.

[b]4.You must pray consistently.[/b]Consistence is the key that enables you to pray till the answer comes. Today many Christians are no longer praying because of lack of consistence.  They are discouraged because their prayers in the past have not been answered, therefore they stopped praying. If you are among those who have stopped praying because your prayers have not been answered, my advise to you is that you should keep on praying till the answer comes. So long as your prayer request is the will of God it must surely be answered; because delay is never a denial. So don't give up because the request to your prayers are there at the corner waiting for you. That was why Apostle Paul advised Christians to pray without Ceasing 1Thes.5:17. So pray without ceasing.

In conclusion I encourage you today to begin to pray a prevailing prayer that will bring great answer that will amaze you a bring great deliverance to many.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them / Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? / Catholic Priest Gerald Njoku In Imo State Sends Old Man To Jail In A Bid To Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.