Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) (34440 Views)

Ladies: Why Do You Prefer Dark Guys? / Girls Which Do You Prefer, Fair Guys Or Dark Guys? / Dark Guys Vs Fair Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Wislet(f): 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2012
all i need is DE (great)MAN....if he turns out to be light/dark.. Good.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by TisaBone: 11:03am On May 01, 2012
i love darkskinned men with beautiful eyes

1 Like

Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 01, 2012
^^oooh! cheesy TYSON! TYSON! TYSOOOON!! My Jamo prince!! kiss kiss kiss

lefulefu:
nothing wrong if ur husband black pass kettle yansh.in my village na wetin we dey refer to as blk beauty grin

you this jive burnt turkey! grin
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Fulaman198(m): 7:44pm On May 01, 2012
So Nigerians are copying Americans when it comes to this sort of thing. Sometimes I'm ashamed of being Nigerian, I really am. How Westernized can Nigeria get. Dark skinned girls, light-skinned girls it shouldn't matter. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 01, 2012
Fulaman198: So Nigerians are copying Americans when it comes to this sort of thing. Sometimes I'm ashamed of being Nigerian, I really am. How Westernized can Nigeria get. Dark skinned girls, light-skinned girls it shouldn't matter. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

This is a black issue.
Individual countries are irrelevant. For aslong as there was contact between the African and European, there has always been a complex on both sides. Nigeria/ns included.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Fulaman198(m): 8:13pm On May 01, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

This is a black issue.
Individual countries are irrelevant. For aslong as there was contact between the African and European, there has always been a complex on both sides. Nigeria/ns included.

Well it is something that needs to be dealt with. For me personally, black is black. I like dark-skinned black women as much as light-skinned black women.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by MrsChima(f): 1:09am On May 02, 2012
lefulefu:
nothing wrong if ur husband black pass kettle yansh.in my village na wetin we dey refer to as blk beauty grin

That's right Black Shrek be proud! Beat your chest and roar! tongue tongue
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by MrsChima(f): 1:19am On May 02, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

This is a black issue.

Exactly Sis! What kills me about some Black folks regardless where they are from...they think they are different because they pronounce their vowels phonetically different and toes are ultra ashy. If the World would to put a Carrib, an African, Black American, and Afro-Latin in a pool.....the first thing comes to mind is Niggas, not their respective identity.

Black is Black is Black.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 1:41am On May 02, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Exactly Sis! What kills me about some Black folks regardless where they are from...they think they are different because they pronounce their vowels phonetically different and toes are ultra ashy. If the World would to put a Carrib, an African, Black American, and Afro-Latin in a pool.....the first thing comes to mind is Niggas, not their respective identity.

Black is Black is Black.

okay! They know....trust me.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by TisaBone: 2:44am On May 02, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Black is Black is Black.

this is so true, but i've always wondered if there are naturally light skinned black people, who are of 100% african origin, with not one single drop of European blood.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 3:00am On May 02, 2012
TisaBone:

this is so true, but i've always wondered if there are naturally light skinned black people, who are of 100% african origin, with not one single drop of European blood.

there is one tribe in southern africa...the tribe that Saarah Bartman came from (forgot the name)but they are dark-medium brown not light skinned. As far as really light, no. I dont think so. Arabs and africans have mixed for centuries even before europeans came into the mix.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by TisaBone: 3:28am On May 02, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

there is one tribe in southern africa...the tribe that Saarah Bartman came from (forgot the name)but they are dark-medium brown not light skinned. As far as really light, no. I dont think so. Arabs and africans have mixed for centuries even before europeans came into the mix.

yes. they are called Khoikhoi. I think that's what Nelson Mandela is. They look exotic to me...their eyes almost look oriental...only they slant downward, instead of upward like the eyes of an Asian.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 7:03am On May 02, 2012
Depends on how cute he is. . . . .shade doesnt determine sexiness.
Most Nigerian men wowo either way sha.

2 Likes

Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Fulaman198(m): 7:07am On May 02, 2012
TisaBone:

Light-skinned black has nothing to do with or w/o being 100% African origin as everyone has their roots in Africa. As you know in every African ethnic group (we should not refer to them as tribes), there are light-skinned black and dark-skinned black. Complexion has nothing to do with how much African blood % one possesses.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Fulaman198(m): 7:08am On May 02, 2012
TisaBone:

yes. they are called Khoikhoi. I think that's what Nelson Mandela is. They look exotic to me...their eyes almost look oriental...only they slant downward, instead of upward like the eyes of an Asian.

You mean Khoisan
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by TisaBone: 7:18am On May 02, 2012
Fulaman198:

You mean Khoisan

oh ok, but Khoikhoi is another name that they are called also.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by MrsChima(f): 10:55am On May 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Idi! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by MrsChima(f): 6:26pm On May 02, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

okay! They know....trust me.
Lol @ur signature
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL! grin grin

Mrs.Chima:

Lol @ur signature

Was reading some old posts.
I said it to Ragballz a while back. cheesy cheesy grin

TisaBone:

yes. they are called Khoikhoi. I think that's what Nelson Mandela is. They look exotic to me...their
eyes almost look oriental...only they slant downward, instead of upward like the eyes of an Asian.

Exactly!! They are naturally brown (not light) in complexion.
Anything lighter especially someone as light as Obama is the result of mixing.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by MrsChima(f): 12:57am On May 03, 2012
Fulaman198:

Light-skinned black has nothing to do with or w/o being 100% African origin as everyone has their roots in Africa. As you know in every African ethnic group (we should not refer to them as tribes), there are light-skinned black and dark-skinned black. Complexion has nothing to do with how much African blood % one possesses.

If I had a dollar for every time I said the emboldened I would end world hunger. Seriously!
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 1:05am On May 03, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

If I had a dollar for every time I said the emboldened I would end world hunger. Seriously!

can you provide proof that there were africans as light as alicia keyes since before african/arab contact?
im not talking about now. nowadays someone can be dark and still be genetically more mixed than someone lighter than them. we are talking about how the lighter shades came about.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by MrsChima(f): 1:29am On May 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

can you provide proof that there were africans as light as alicia keyes since before african/arab contact?
im not talking about now. nowadays someone can be dark and still be genetically more mixed than someone lighter than them. we are talking about how the lighter shades came about.

Maybe my comment was misconstrued and I should have added more clarification. Fulaman spoke about how the shade of someone's skin has nothing to do with how "African" a person is. My agreement to that comment was purely that I have stated similar comment for the last year when some Nairalands who names will remain unknown, stated that if you look more Black American, you can't be pure African. In other words saying if your skin is light spectrum...you aren't African.

I am not speaking of race mixing. I just agree with Fulaman that a skin tone doesn't determine whether you are African or not.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 1:32am On May 03, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Maybe my comment was misconstrued and I should have added more clarification. Fulaman spoke about how the shade of someone's skin has nothing to do with how "African" a person is. My agreement to that comment was purely that I have stated similar comment for the last year when some Nairalands who names will remain unknown, stated that if you look more Black American, you can't be pure African. In other words saying if your skin is light spectrum...you aren't African.

I am not speaking of race mixing. I just agree with Fulaman that a skin tone doesn't determine whether you are African or not.

GOT YA!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I wonder, where IS pleep? grin
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by MrsChima(f): 1:39am On May 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

GOT YA!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I wonder, where IS pleep? grin

Maybe Verizon Wireless cut off his internet service. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:16am On May 03, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Maybe Verizon Wireless cut off his internet service. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin grin
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by marlockj: 5:33am On May 03, 2012
ur mate are delibratin on d cock size ur here talkin abt skin.ur mate are swallow heavy and mighty cock ur deir talkin abt skin.hw mny gals dnt wnt satisfactn.pple lik u afta delibratin on skin end up wil albino wit tick al ova d skin.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by richy5(m): 2:39pm On May 03, 2012
jUST PASSING BY......
LIGHT SKIN NONI
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Fulaman198(m): 4:03pm On May 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Could you provide proof that there were not? It has nothing to do with African/Arab contact, everyone has different complexions. Even within my family I'm lighter than my siblings, skin complexion is in correlation to the amount of melanin one possesses, I don't know how strong your science is, it seems to be a bit lacking no offense. It has nothing to do with Blood mixture of African/Arab Contact or African/European contact. For example, if someone works in the sun all the time, each generation will inherit DNA to cooperate with the environment they will eventually get extremely dark to compensate, and this darkness would be passed onto future generations.

There are many Africans who did not work in the sun all the time, and often stayed in the shade.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Fulaman198(m): 4:05pm On May 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Exactly!! They are naturally brown (not light) in complexion.
Anything lighter especially someone as light as Obama is the result of mixing.

Absolutely wrong, you are sounding like a person who lacks a scientific background.

Tone and darkness has more to do with region and environment more so than mixing
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 03, 2012
Fulaman198:

Absolutely wrong, you are sounding like a person who lacks a scientific background.

Tone and darkness has more to do with region and environment more so than mixing

did i tell you i was a scientist? Did i claim scientific knowledge? What are your credentials? You major in anthropology? You doing DNA testing of your own? Ok so until you have or do any of the above, i suggest you respect my opinons and move the frigg on.

Im not into nor do i support the theory of evolution. So keep that.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Fulaman198(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

did i tell you i was a scientist? Did i claim scientific knowledge? What are your credentials? You major in anthropology? You doing DNA testing of your own? Ok so until you have or do any of the above, i suggest you respect my opinons and move the frigg on.

Im not into nor do i support the theory of evolution. So keep that.

You may not support evolution but it does exist....

Why does the African elephant found in the Savannah for example have vast differences from its Asian counterpart? Larger ears (to keep it cooler in heat), and both males and females possess tusks. African Elephants are also larger.

Why is the coat on a Siberian tiger less tawny than that of it's Bengal Tiger counterpart when they are both tigers? The Amur/Siberian tiger lives in a colder region so it is [b]lighter[/b]and has a thicker coat to help it better survive in its climate. That's just science, it's true and it is backed up. Religion and science go hand in hand. People become darker as a result of living in a region that has a lot of sun. Africa being the most ethnic diverse continent by far in the world is no exception.

I'm sorry if I had insulted you, but to claim that all African peoples who aren't dark have some admixture in their DNA is just flat out wrong. Science can support this. Sure there are some groups that have Arab admixture, but it isn't common. For example, not all Fulani (my ethnic group) look a particular way. You will find that from Senegal to Sudan where Fulani inhabit, there are different phenotypes but in the end we are all Fulani. You will find light complexioned Fulani and extremely dark (almost black much darker than mahogany) Fulani in the deep Sahel zone.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by millco88(f): 7:56pm On May 03, 2012
Fulaman198:

You may not support evolution but it does exist....

Why does the African elephant found in the Savannah for example have vast differences from its Asian counterpart? Larger ears (to keep it cooler in heat), and both males and females possess tusks. African Elephants are also larger.

Why is the coat on a Siberian tiger less tawny than that of it's Bengal Tiger counterpart when they are both tigers? The Amur/Siberian tiger lives in a colder region so it is [b]lighter[/b]and has a thicker coat to help it better survive in its climate. That's just science, it's true and it is backed up. Religion and science go hand in hand. People become darker as a result of living in a region that has a lot of sun. Africa being the most ethnic diverse continent by far in the world is no exception.

I'm sorry if I had insulted you, but to claim that all African peoples who aren't dark have some admixture in their DNA is just flat out wrong. Science can support this. Sure there are some groups that have Arab admixture, but it isn't common. For example, not all Fulani (my ethnic group) look a particular way. You will find that from Senegal to Sudan where Fulani inhabit, there are different phenotypes but in the end we are all Fulani. You will find light complexioned Fulani and extremely dark (almost black much darker than mahogany) Fulani in the deep Sahel zone.

Educate her, Fulaman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Would You Feel If Your Ex Girlfriend Is Dating Your Friend? / Cute Pre-wedding Photos Of Team Juventus Couple / Leaked Sex Video From Lagos City Polytechnic Students Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.