Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Anyone For Glasses? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Anyone For Glasses? (7264 Views)

Seven BEAUTY TIPS For Ladies Who Rock Glasses. / Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? / Geek Clear Glasses Look- Hot Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone For Glasses? by Pweety4me(f): 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2011
Hmmm

I got my first pair of glasses today!! cheesy

I mean at first didn't even want to look at myself with it on, i just don't like the whole spectaculed thing on me sha!!, so only when i got home i tried it on and explored the whole house with my new vision lol. . .it was amazing to see the things i saw ooo, vision so clear & defined, i felt like a new born baby, very exciting but i still like myself unspectaculed undecided wink cool

Taken some pictures too, very foxy lady wink cheesy cool

So, would any of you specs users like to share your experiences?
smiley
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Pweety4me(f): 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2011
So nobody here owns a pair of glasses abi?
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Sissy3(f): 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2011
sunglasses or corrective glasses
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Pweety4me(f): 11:32am On Sep 10, 2011
^^^Spescaver glasses ofcos
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by pleep(m): 12:56am On Sep 11, 2011
haha, i remember when i got my first glasses everything looked so high def and awesome. I never wanted to wear them at first, but now i think i look better with them on.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by bittatruth(m): 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2011
^^^Oh cool, what are your glasses for? r u long/short sighted?

I would like to see claremonts say
tongue
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by pleep(m): 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2011
me? oh, i'm near sighted. . . or is it far sighted? grin whichever one means you cant see things far away.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Evagreenfields: 11:34am On Sep 14, 2011
I feel u sha. I remember getting my first pair of glasses in the yr 2000. First time a wore it, i almost fell cos t kinda made me drowsy.eventually got used to it. Still have my glasses bt i wear my contact lenses more cos i prefer em plus they r more fashionable
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by bittatruth(m): 3:14pm On Sep 14, 2011
^^Lol ok sista, but do u find th contacts easy to use?

pleep:

me? oh, i'm near sighted. . . or is it far sighted? grin whichever one means you cant see things far away.
Lol ur short-sighted, u look like a book geek tongue
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Evagreenfields: 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2011
Yea, ts pretty easy to use. Bin using contacts for 5yrs nw
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by bittatruth(m): 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2011
Kl u look gud smiley
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Evagreenfields: 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2011
^ ^ thankx
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Evagreenfields: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2011
@pleep in reply to ur signature i fink so.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by iice(f): 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2011
Don't like them. But have to wear them. There was a time though i broke mine and was to lazy to get a new pair. I went a year without them grin
Reason why i haven't gotten new contacts. . .to lazy to go get them.
Also i don't like watching 3D because i need to put my glasses under those glasses. It's irritating.
*sighs* I should go get contacts just so i can watch 3D without all this wahala tongue
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 31, 2011
What a concidence! I'm just about leaving to go collect mine now, having done(and failed) eye test this morning.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2011
So Pweety finally got glasses lol.

I've had mine since 2006. They're not strong so I don't have to wear them all the time. It's supposed to be for driving and when I'm in class, but I'm so used to them now that I feel naked without them somehow lol.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
Just seeing that this thread has been on since Sept 5 but just making homepage today. Anyway, I'm just getting mine today. I had observed I had problem with seeing while driving but used to dismiss it. Sometime early this month, I was sent on 2 trainings, and in each of those trainings, I realized I can't see the screen from a not-so-far seat. Later, I realized even in my home I find it difficult reading footages on TV screen. I reported to my employers and was given letter to go do eye test since Oct 12. Not so serious with it again, I kept postponing it until today when I took the referral letter to the eye clinic. I was told I was long due for eye glasses, that what have I been doing all this while, as it has gone quite bad. This was like 3 hours ago. I'm on my way back right now to go collect my glasses.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by domack99(m): 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2011
Have you heard about the Lasik Vision, i read on internet that they can actually correct the cornea using a laser form. thay are presently not in Nigeria now but i think that could solve eye defect without using recommended glasses.
I even saw their advert one nairaland too.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Wallie(m): 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2011
The first day that I got mine and drove on the highway, I couldn't believe how clear I could read road signs and license tags! I felt like I was seeing things in super high definition. Everything just seemed so much brighter and clearer even things that I could see before the glasses. I guess I've been blind for a while thinking that it's normal!
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by dabrake(m): 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2011
Mine wuz alexia. Due 2 frequent use of ma system(mainly 4 coding). Acquired mine sumtym around march this yr & d spec is 'triple coated'(3 lenses combined). Daah, d spec wicked die.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by DisGuy: 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2011
Pweety4me:

Hmmm

I got my first pair of glasses today!! cheesy

I mean at first didn't even want to look at myself with it on, i just don't like the whole spectaculed thing on me sha!!, so only when i got home i tried it on and explored the whole house with my new vision lol. . .it was amazing to see the things i saw ooo, vision so clear & defined, i felt like a new born baby, very exciting but i still like myself unspectaculed undecided wink cool

Taken some pictures too, very foxy lady wink cheesy cool

So, would any of you specs users like to share your experiences?
smiley

Same way i felt some years ago!! thank God for that french teacher after complaining several times of headache

All the buses that you to go pass me in front of the school, ihad to wait till they come close to see what number is was before putting my hands up

just get a decent glass that you are comfortable with, your own style and fits the shape of your face- you wont want to take if off!

I have 3 glasses!! full rim, semi-rimless, and rimless with a bag full of contact lenses cool
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Ajiowe: 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
Oh! at the begining of the first use, you feel as if your ears is itching. As time goes on you will really enjoy using a spec which you may not want to stop again. It is very good.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by DisGuy: 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
and i know some people, when speaking to them they can hear you properly until they have their specs on- i think it has to do with seeing your facial expressions properly to get the words to register cheesy
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by JeSoul(f): 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2011
Lol. I wish I could be as excited as some of you are about wearing glasses. And sorry to be a bit of a downer but I wish someone had told me this years ago -

As veteran eye glass wearer, let me offer some advice for new-wearers -
1- If the strength of your glasses are low, restrict your use to only when you need them. Reason below- 
2- Do not upgrade the strength of your glasses year after year. Your optician will most likely suggest it or even insist it, but do your best not to. Wearing glasses has both a corrective - and detrimental effect on your eyes, in other words, the more you wear them, the more you'll need them because the worse your eyes will get. When it becomes more of a handicap than a fashion accessory, and you can't wake up and see the alarm clock without squiting your eyes, I'm sure many will feel differently. lol.

I currently use contacts and will never go back to frames, its just so much more convenient. But there are pitfalls to using contacts. Take care of them well, use the proper solution to soak, change them when they've expired. When used correctly they can be great, used incorrectly and can result in a host of problems.

Someone mentioned Lasik - fantastic procedure that is done in just minutes with the latest laser equipment. A bit pricey and if not done at a reputable doctor can end in disaster and loss of sight. However, if you don't do your homework and avoid ^things above, you'll be so far gone with your eyes that you won't even qualify for Lasik. There is a cut off Lasik candidates - that is your vision cannot be worse than -7 (i think). Thankfully, there are options for non-lasik candidates.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Andrew3(m): 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2011
JeSoul:

Lol. I wish I could be as excited as some of you are about wearing glasses. And sorry to be a bit of a downer but I wish someone had told me this years ago -

As veteran eye glass wearer, let me offer some advice for new-wearers -
1- If the strength of your glasses are low, restrict your use to only when you need them. Reason below-
2- Do not upgrade the strength of your glasses year after year. Your optician will most likely suggest it or even insist it, but do your best not to. Wearing glasses has both a corrective - and detrimental effect on your eyes, in other words, the more you wear them, the more you'll need them because the worse your eyes will get. When it becomes more of a handicap than a fashion accessory, and you can't wake up and see the alarm clock without squiting your eyes, I'm sure many will feel differently. lol.

I currently use contacts and will never go back to frames, its just so much more convenient. But there are pitfalls to using contacts. Take care of them well, use the proper solution to soak, change them when they've expired. When used correctly they can be great, used incorrectly and can result in a host of problems.

Someone mentioned Lasik - fantastic procedure that is done in just minutes with the latest laser equipment. A bit pricey and if not done at a reputable doctor can end in disaster and loss of sight. However, if you don't do your homework and avoid ^things above, you'll be so far gone with your eyes that you won't even qualify for Lasik. There is a cut off Lasik candidates - that is your vision cannot be worse than -7 (i think). Thankfully, there are options for non-lasik candidates.
me too oo, its so boring angry angry angry
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by McCoy91(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
I'm short-sighted and use em. From experience tho, I don't think there's anything like corrective lens.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by tit(f): 5:51pm On Oct 31, 2011
wrt to poster here who have been driving with poor eyesight.
i wonder how many accidents have occured because drivers could not see a pothole in good time or could not judge distance of oncoming vehicle?
the frsc has its work cut out to keep the public safe from handicapped drivers.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by JeSoul(f): 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2011
::Andrew:::

me too oo, its so boring angry angry angry
Lol. I was excited too when I first got them at 12yrs old so I don't blame many ppl here. But I wish so hard with all my heart that someone told me what I know now or that my optician wasn't so cavalier about increasing the power year after year. Knowledge is power, I hope people will hear and hear well.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Meristem: 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2011
wwearing glasses was not funny for me. i had all sorts of problems from having problems with my gait to my new ''professor'' image grin
i had to stop playing football and basketball, had to learn playing tennis cos that was one of the few sporting activities I could still engage in.
worn this thing for more than 15 years but its still just one thing to me; a necessary INCONVENIENCE grin grin grin
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Meristem: 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2011
wrt to poster here who have been driving with poor eyesight.
i wonder how many accidents have occured because drivers could not see a pothole in good time or could not judge distance of oncoming vehicle?
the frsc has its work cut out to keep the public safe from handicapped drivers.
yeah, many people do not know they have sight problems until they go for an eye test.
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by slimyem: 6:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
, behold the nerds!
Re: Anyone For Glasses? by Outstrip(f): 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2011
When I was a kid I tricked my mom that my eyes were bad because I thought glasses were cool. I got the glasses though but did not wear them too long because it would give me a headache

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How A Woman Almost Lost Her Husband Because Of Her Bald Hair / Want to clear dark spots, sunburn, stretch marks, pimples & tone your skin? / What Makes Clothes Fade?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.