Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? (1665 Views)

REPORT: Yar'adua Is Brain-Damaged / Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! / Yar'Adua Is Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by babasin(m): 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2007
Saharareporters learnt that Soludo wheedled and cajoled and was virtually on his knees before Yar’Adua

if this true; what a weakingly of a man!!!!!!!!!!

grin cheesy grin

http://www.saharareporters.com.nyud.net:8090/www/news/detail/?id=395

Embattled Charles Soludo, Nigeria’s Central Bank Governor, is reportedly in panic mode in a bid to save his job.

Soludo cut short a vacation in London to return to Abuja to begin the uphill—and one source said impossible task—of mending the rift with Umar Yar’Adua, the current occupant of Aso Rock, Nigeria’s seat of power.

Two weeks ago, Soludo raised a storm of controversy in local and international financial circles with an announcement of plans to re-denominate the naira to bring it to closer parity with the dollar.
While the proposed measure had its champions and critics, a large part of the controversy had to do with the governor’s apparent decision to announce the policy without national debate, or even consultation with interest groups.

Piqued by Soludo’s unilateral approach, Yar’Adua last week ordered the suspension of the exercise. In a statement, Attorney General Michael Aaoondarka ripped Soludo in an uncharacteristically harsh, undiplomatic language. Charging Soludo with presumption, the attorney general revealed that the CBN governor had not only failed to obtain presidential approval but had also argued erroneously that he did not need one.

The tone of the attorney general’s rebuke—and an even harsher scolding from presidential spokesman Segun Adeniyi alleging insubordination—suggested that Soludo was all but finished.

Realizing this, the CBN governor has been running round in circles to save his job.

For the last two days, he has remained in Abuja trying hard to meet Yar’Adua. Initially rebuffed by Yar’Adua, Soludo reportedly became more desperate. A break came only last night when, after pleading Yar’Adua’s deputy, Jonathan Goodluck, he was finally led to see Yar’Adua.

Saharareporters learnt that Soludo wheedled and cajoled and was virtually on his knees before Yar’Adua. After listening to his pleas for some time, Yar’Adua asked Soludo to tell him the cost of the new naira policy. A bewildered Soludo could not provide any tangible answers, but merely stated that it would be “cheaper in the long run.”
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
His response seemed to justify rumors at Aso Rock that part of Soludo’s motive was to corner huge kickbacks for himself. The new Finance Minister, Dr. Shamsudeen, reportedly told Yar’Adua that Soludo had made a lot of money from the last minting of new notes and coins.
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
Despite Soludo's public statements that Nigeria was capable of minting its own currencies by the end of 2006, it was discovered that he had secretly invited bids from companies abroad for the minting of the re-denominated naira. Yar’Adua and his aides were shocked to learn that representatives of the minting companies had arrived for the bidding slated for today (August 27) at the CBN in Lagos.

Despite the government’s grave concerns about Soludo’s
action, the reconciliatory meeting may have spared
him—in the short run. He is expected to make a
statement apologizing to Yar’Adua.

In return, Yar’Adua may issue a statement indicating his continued confidence in Soludo.
What will become the fate of the naira policy in view of the truce remains unresolved.

A shame for Soludo, he failed to see the hands-writing on the wall. He should have followed his Boss.
Stupid man.
His days are numbered!
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by vigasimple(m): 1:02am On Aug 28, 2007
To

Babasin,

I think you should mind your language and calling somebody that have done very well at his job stupid, it is uncalled for.

I really question Soludo's judgement to the point that I will say that he has been charmed with'voodoo' because his decision lack good judgement and economic merits.

He has just changed currencies some months ago and to change all the currencies again is pure wast of resources and devoid of good thought.

The most worrysome of all is the fact that he didn't consult finance minister and the president at least plus all the stakeholders.

He may need to mend fence with more than just the presidency, the finance minister and the AG.

He may also have to call meeting of all the major stakeholder and the Nigerian people and openly apologies.

Even if the CBN has full independence , he should understand that Nigeria is not yet ripe for his type of economic thinking and some other pecularities that is called Nigeria.

I beg Nigerians to forgive him once he apologies and let him get on with his job.

I am a nigerian, not IGBO and i don't have to be to recognise a good person in public service.

Please Mr, president, Finance Minister, AG, all the stakeholders and Nigerians please forgive Soludo once he apologise.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by babasin(m): 7:43am On Aug 28, 2007
Saharareporters learnt that Soludo wheedled and cajoled and was virtually on his knees before Yar’Adua

you missed the point.

How can he knee down berging yaradua is this our to run Govt??

He surely lost me, He has slowly become a politician.

Mark it, this is the begining of the end.

The apex bank also pledged support for the Yar'Adua administration and declared commitment to its desire to make Nigeria one of the world's 20 strong economies by 2020.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by angel101(f): 8:34am On Aug 28, 2007
@babasin
ur comments are extremely harsh and quite uncalled for in my opinion.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by McKren(m): 9:00am On Aug 28, 2007
angel101

where have you been??
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by babasin(m): 9:29am On Aug 28, 2007
@angel101,

Soludo is a fine breed. He has shown what stuff he is made off, but lately something has gotten to him.

On what basis, should CBN govenor not be in economic team?

Can you imagine UK economic team without the Governor of Bank of England?

And now this naira issue; is just the final straw.

Thats why I am proud of Iwela; professional to the core.

Soludo for some reason is behaving like politicial now, and will know what happens to Nigeria politicians
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by vigasimple(m): 9:59am On Aug 28, 2007
Funny enough what may have cost Okonja iwela her job is not going along with his political paymaster. i don't know and I am only speculating.

To be frank the Nigerian economy is nowhere near where it should be, so CBN cannot even have partial independence let alone full independence, it is part of the tools of the govt of the day to control the economy and inflation. So CBN cannot make decisions of such magnitude without serious consultation and agreement of all the stakeholders.

Soludo will have to go at some point as an appointee of OBJ and for Yar Adua to choose his own person but he Soludo just quicken the process. But I hope Yar Adua does not listen to bad advice and fire him too soon.

He Soludo, Ribadu and Mrs. Akinyuli are the ones we consider need to be there for some another 2 years or so for continuity as they have demonstarte their ability.

If Soludo were to knee down to save his job, his carrer and reputation, in as much that as I don't like it or encourage it so be it.

Overrall he has been a good steward, he just got big to understand art of bring foes and enemies together and importantly art of consultation. Even Pastors in church are good politician. So he should have prayed and seek counselling from his pastor.

In everything there are politics you play, with wifes, husbands, kids, family, friends, you plays some politics of inclusiveness and not alienation.

God will bless this nation whether the enemy likes it or not and so shall he bless me and my family and all our friends, and all the Nairalanders.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by chidichris(m): 10:23am On Aug 28, 2007
no need for all these beating about the bush. aso rock is so corrupt that you cannot co-exist as a saint with the directors of aso rock.
the game of nigerian politics is join them if you cannot beat them.
nigeria has been outstanding as a country where winning teams can be changed for loosers as long as they are going to play according to the rules.
okonjo iweala could not soil her image so she had to quit.
solude might have been infested with the sickness of the aso rock survivors. so he can do anything to exist even if it means been the minister of culture.
in any normal country, no economic team can exist without the central bank governor.
the issue is that the directors of aso rock are so clever that we cannot predict them. it may be in line with the cleansing of aso rock of obj boys,we never can tell.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by funloving(m): 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2007
babasin:

you missed the point.

How can he knee down berging yaradua is this our to run Govt??

He surely lost me, He has slowly become a politician.

Mark it, this is the begining of the end.

This sahara reporters, who are they and how authentic is their news ?
They must be so influential that they were allowed into the same room as Yar Adua and Soludo to see him, Soludo, kneeling down to beg Yar Adua.

Please give me an authentic and corroborated link to this information or stop peddling rumours.

Shara reporters have never liked anything Obasanjo and I feel they would publish lies to rubbish their own mother if she as much as went close to Ota farm gate.

Sahara reporters my foot !
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by Seun(m): 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2007
Sahara Reporters is a junk news site. Not too different from the other one whose name eludes me.

However, if it's true that Soludo begged Yar'adua like that, that shows that he's not an arrogant slowpoke!
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by babasin(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2007
@chidichris
in any normal country, no economic team can exist without the central bank governor.

exactly!

so what is he still doing in CBN?

They have sent him the message 3-times(economic team + naira palaver + usman becoming his boss); he refuses to read between the line

The little respect left is sliding away,
cool
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by DisGuy: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2007
He may also have to call meeting of all the major stakeholder and the Nigerian people and openly apologies.

Even if the CBN has full independence , he should understand that Nigeria is not yet ripe for his type of economic thinking and some other pecularities that is called Nigeria.

I beg Nigerians to forgive him once he apologies and let him get on with his job.

why should he apologise? just because his proposal wasn't accepted? He should get on with his job esp the more important aspects that have real impact on the economy.

I think he should make a call to the other ministries to do more, the banking sector alone cant improve the economy
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by DRANOEL(m): 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2007
frankly speaking soludo should resign,he has shot himself in the foot
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by naijaway(m): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2007
I think he messed up for not consulting with the president and finance minister but not no yeye stakeholders; And I wish he can give a public apology for his acts but the fact remains that his plans for this new money should be dubbed a masterplan and yar adua and the Nigerian people should not fail to heed that plan cuz this is the real plan to national pride, investment, equality, willingness to innovation in Nigeria, and major employment.
Yar adua is mad about the chain of command part than the plan itself, but the fact remains that there's massive hope in that plan cuz other plans have been tried before this one.
And lastly, people should stop talking about Asian countries and their currencies cuz most things from there are inferior things anyway cuz they lack the resources to make superior things eventhough they have the knowledge to make something superior so they compensate by making a look alike of that superior; to cut the story short, Is as if we are not ready for a big challenge yet and I know the patient dog eats the best bone but not in a world like that knows that too and for how long may I ask that we keep waiting or is it when we get to $1 to 10,000naira that we will drop the ball. We can face this challenge together and prove to ourselves and to the world that Nigerians are capable of taking bold steps.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by angel101(f): 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2007
McKren:

angel101

where have you been??

my dear i just thot i'll take a break. and i tell u it was worth it!
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by babasin(m): 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2007
I knew it.

Sources in Anambra State, Soludo’s home state have informed this reporter that the CBN Governor has already started putting structures in place for his eventual run for the governorship of the State 4 years from now. To this end, he has started putting key people and materials into places that would benefit his ambition. Soludo had tried to get his cousin, Chike Anyaonu into the House of Representatives during the 2007 April elections. Anyaonu lost to a more popular candidate but that did not stop Soludo from insisting that his cousin must assume the seat. He only gave up, we were told, after former Pres. Olusegun Obasanjo told him nobody could change election results already announced by INEC.

-->

Elendureports.com can now reveal that a team of foreign consultants and contractors who were supposed to work on the new naira notes and coins were already on their way to Nigeria when the Government suspended the re-denomination policy of CBN. Part of the brief for these contractors was the printing of the new naira notes. According to a Presidency source, “we found this curious given that the man had not even gotten the approval of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) and he had touted the Nigerian Mint as a success story. What did he need these people for?” he asked.

Soludo is no longer to be trusted, thats why the hawks are after him now
cool shocked cool
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by Afam(m): 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2007
Which elendureports? The same one that claimed that they got confirmation from the hospital that Yar'adua was dead? Abeg, wey my tom and jerry make I watch better thing.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by Abeem(m): 1:44am On Aug 29, 2007
Afam:

Which elendureports? The same one that claimed that they got confirmation from the hospital that Yar'adua was dead? Abeg, wey my tom and jerry make I watch better thing.
Thunder does not strike at the same spot twice. Credibility is the name of the game of their profession. If they failed to get Yaradua's story right the other time, their credibility has already suffered. This time around, they would do more homework to doublecheck the accuracy, reliability and credibility of the stuff they are dishing out to the public.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by Iman3(m): 1:53am On Aug 29, 2007
Abeem:

Thunder does not strike at the same spot twice. Credibility is the name of the game of their profession. If they failed to get Yaradua's story right the other time, their credibility has already suffered. This time around, they would do more homework to doublecheck the accuracy, reliability and credibility of the stuff they are dishing out to the public.

So in effect. . .their prior unreliability provides the rationale for trusting them now.They were unreliable before,so they will be reliable now.Does that mean you think CIA reports are more reliable now,since they were unreliable before?
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by Mariory(m): 11:04am On Aug 29, 2007
Abeem:

That's a joke right? There's no way you could possibly believe what you typed up there.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by narcissus(m): 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2007
Weakling? The guy just did what he had to keep his job. The same way Obasanjo had to prostrate before Atiku to make second term? Does that make OBJ a weakling? By the way do not ask me for a source. My uncle was there. Call him 08023605947. he'll tell you.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by babasin(m): 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2007
The same way Obasanjo had to prostrate before Atiku to make second term? Does that make OBJ a weakling?

and what became of OBJ?

grin cheesy grin
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by Seun(m): 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2007
Obasanjo would not prostrate before anybody in a million years.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by RichyBlacK(m): 12:51am On Sep 01, 2007
Seun:

Obasanjo would not prostrate before anybody in a million years.

Yeah right, how do you know that for sure? Abeg, be careful of categorical statements like that bo.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by RichyBlacK(m): 12:55am On Sep 01, 2007
I think Soludo should resign. For him to argue that he didn't need the president's approval (if true) means that his understanding of the power structure in Nigeria is at odds with that of the presidency.
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by Seun(m): 1:07am On Sep 01, 2007
He is known to b a very proud African man. And at his age he has every right to be proud. wink
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by A40(m): 4:58am On Sep 01, 2007
You want him to lose his job dont you know Mr Presido is his boss are you a blockhead?
Re: Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? by angel101(f): 8:03am On Sep 01, 2007
Abeem:

LMAO!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
U are 2 funny man

(1) (Reply)

7-point Agenda Meaningless – Great Ogboru / Abba-ruma Leads Yar’adua Group In Negotiations With Jonathan / Students Threaten To Sue Lagos Deputy Gov Sarah Sosan For Brutal Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.