Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan (3463 Views)

Buhari Not Nigeria’s Messiah, There’ll Be No Biafra – Bishop Kwakpovwe / There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara / Is Gen. Ibrahim B. Babangida A Sacred Cow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2011
MAKE una leave uncle jo, make hin talk
all work and no play makes jona a dull boy
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2011
[size=16pt]"Caesar's wife must be above suspicion."[/size]
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by BigMeat2: 4:44pm On Sep 06, 2011
Three months into his presidency, only one person has been charged to court, now nobody knows what the outcome of the case has been - Mr Bankole
Ex-governors, ex-minister of state for health, MD of major parastatals etc, until now they are galivanting all over the country without been charged.
Even Mr President hasn't declared his assets over 100 days since he has been in office.

Yet some people still claim that the govt is doing something about corruption, so sad indeed empty words all over again. Mr President made the same statement few months ago we want to see result.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2011
Another talk
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by splitnaija(m): 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
[/quot
odomanis:

Some of you criticise without reasoning. May I remind you that we have 3 arms of government,the Executive,the legislature and the Judiciary.
The legislature has made the law which Bankole is alleged to have fallen victim of, the executive has arrested him,investigated him and charged him to court. It is now left for the Judiciary to judge him and if found guilty send him to jail. How can you still be blaiming Jonathan( Executive) for not sentencing bankole? Is he the Judiciary? You people need to study and understand any issue before you begin to comment on them else ,foreighners may think Nigerians are dafts. PLEASE !!
e]

I'm not sure you love Mr. President more than any Nigerian here, I know how many kilometres I trekked to make sure I voted him into power, and I know how many Nigerians I personally convinced to vote for him during April 2011 elections. If at the end of the day he's not performing as expected, I have the right to demand accountability and perhaps criticize him so he wakes up from his slumber and live up to his responsibilities as the President of Nigeria. I'm not going to sit aloof and watch or join worthless praise-singers who have sold their consciences.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by redsun(m): 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2011
Nigerian politicians like gej are shameless and unrepentant pigs, they always have the guts to say to docile nigerians that they will go after rogues when they themselves are kinpins. A case lucifer casting demon.
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by bossinie: 10:11am On Sep 07, 2011
odomanis:

Some of you criticise without reasoning. May I remind you that we have 3 arms of government,the Executive,the legislature and the Judiciary.
The legislature has made the law which Bankole is alleged to have fallen victim of, the executive has arrested him,investigated him and charged him to court. It is now left for the Judiciary to judge him and if found guilty send him to jail. How can you still be blaiming Jonathan( Executive) for not sentencing bankole? Is he the Judiciary? You people need to study and understand any issue before you begin to comment on them else ,foreighners may think Nigerians are dafts. PLEASE !!
I quite agree with you that after reading your piece that any foreigner may begin to think 'you are daft' and by far all Nigerian are too.How do you separate the Executive arm of govt. from the Judiciary or the Legislature,they are complimentary like you rightly observed.For your info the Financial crimes watch-dog 'EFCC' which is prosecuting Bankole's case is a creation of the Executive arm powered agreeably by the Legislature for effective bite.However you and i both know that there is no separating these arms of govt. from the politics of the moment which the Executive control and have always interfered with the Judiciary directly or otherwise,even a little importer with excess funds in his coffers can frustrate your case at the courts with series of adjournments.The problem i believe you have is that you probably have been away for too long such that you now believe that Nigeria's Judicial system is completely 'independent' with little or no influence from the Executive arm of govt. "wake-up" Is it not curious to you that most of the high profile cases in the country have not been fully expended with even were judgement was given it was for 'plea bargain' And your "blind-mind" tells you the Judiciary is without executive influence.If you actually believe this then you can equally believe that Nigeria gives orders to the United States on International politics. grin
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by kizito96(m): 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2011
How many people have you prosecuted?
Re: There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan by Jimbaz7(m): 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2011
Na wa o! No sacreD cows? Before nko? E be like say uncle Joe no no say cows no Dey for government again? No wonDer we no Dey hear anything about fighting corruption. Abeg make una tell am say cows no Dey goverment if na cow i'm Dey fin since i'm enter office.
TALK! TALK!! TALK!!!
E Don 4 much self. na toay we begin Dey hear am. Abeg make person hear better thing jare. Mschew

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Governor Lamido Sanusi Has 7 Bullet-Proof Cars - CKN / President GEJ On Suit In Germany- Photos / Breaking News !! Patience Jonathan Sacked From Being Africa First Lady President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.