Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,814 members, 7,802,618 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Why Do People Hate GEJ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People Hate GEJ? (2139 Views)

Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ / If You Hate GEJ Or Have Ever Cursed On Him (Anti-Gej).. Read This / Why Do Yorubas Hate GEJ So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Hate GEJ? by odumchi: 5:00am On Sep 06, 2011
Why do people hate GEJ?
Seriously, it's something I don't get. I've seen many posts in which people speak carelessly about Mr.President. Honestly if you can't give enough respect to the man answering "Mr.President" why do you expect him/her to do any work?

People really need to stop the foolish complaining because living a "term to term" lifestyle doesn't pay. What I mean by this is that certain people will always frustrate the hell of the president and await till the next term to choose someone who is "better" and also frustrate the he'll out of him too. How can you expect a man to do something good for you when all you do is act as an obstacle to his every move?

It seems that the title "Mr. President" cannot be respected even though GEJ is the best thing to happen to Nigeria since the days of Azikiwe in terms of leadership. Honestly, I'm tired of whining and crying, GEJ is the president whether you like it or not. You better side with him and help "oil the stiff gears of progress" rather than destroy the "rails."

Please I know everyone has a different opinion when it comes to GEJ, and that's fine, but atleast show some support for your president. I don't know whether its because he's Ijaw, or an Easterner, or the first ex Biafran to become president, but I'd like to know the cause. Insults and bigotry aren't needed. cool
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by EkoIle1: 5:09am On Sep 06, 2011
what hate are you talking about? People just want him to do is damn job.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by aljharem3: 5:20am On Sep 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

+ 1000

u have said it all

end of tori cool
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by odumchi: 5:22am On Sep 06, 2011
My point is whether you like it or not, he is your president and my president and it's in your best interest to help him do his job with your support.

Eko Ile:

Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by aljharem3: 5:27am On Sep 06, 2011
odumchi:

My point is whether you like it or not, he is your president and my president and it's in your best interest to help him do his job with your support.

EVERY single Nigerian in his right senses would support Mr president but we want to urge him to do his job correctly even if it mean we are going to show it in an uncultuered manner. we would

the people are not happy and hearing someone just come out and say he would do this and that without doing it is very annoying

You see Nigeria is getting to his breaking point where people are showing more discomfort at issues we look at before. it has nothing to do with ethncity and region. Just the people.

even if it was Buhari, the same would have been doing against him

people hated OBJ, IBB, ABACHA, ETC so what makes GEJ different
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by odumchi: 5:35am On Sep 06, 2011
Since when did you become the spokesman for the people? Please speak for yourself. All of the people I encounter are content with Mr. Jonathan's efforts. Electricity is abuzz in places never before and etc.
What makes him different is that he isn't in the military, he ascended the presidency under justifiable conditions, was voted in fairly, and is a civilian. He is the first president of this sort Nigeria has ever had since 1966. That is why he is different.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by aljharem3: 5:43am On Sep 06, 2011
odumchi:

Since when did you become the spokesman for the people? Please speak for yourself. All of the people I encounter are content with Mr. Jonathan's efforts. Electricity is abuzz in places never before and etc.
What makes him different is that he isn't in the military, he ascended the presidency under justifiable conditions, was voted in fairly, and is a civilian. He is the first president of this sort Nigeria has ever had since 1966. That is why he is different.

why should i speak for myself. who are the people u have meet that told u jonathan is OK. i bet it is those would are as delusional as u are. Where did electricity increase where do u live

when i speak in national issues i speak FOR THE PEOPLE BECAUSE I ENCOUNTER PEOPLE FROM DIFFERNT ETHNIC GROUPS THAT MAKE UP NIGERIA so i just don't talk out of my head

guy please stop that trash (no insult) he is different is total rubbish and u at this time and age u do not know this then it is really sad that u are not objective

Now tell me the things jonathan has done to improve ur life ? he has been there since febuary 2010

or was his wife not caught with 1 million dollars last year to spend on gold in dubia

please tell me the different apart from uniform
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by efisher(m): 5:47am On Sep 06, 2011
OP, u are right but GEJ truly needs to win some of these critics to his side by doing more. (I said some because no matter what he does, he will never win the die hard boko haramists to his side). He has great plans and great passion. It's time for great action. I think that is what most people have against him. Let's all support him and offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms and not needless insults.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by odumchi: 5:55am On Sep 06, 2011
@Alj Harem

I am delusional because I speak my opinion? See people. As for yourself I can see that you are among those people I listed. People who are so used to bad leadership that they must talk trash about any president whether good or bad. To me and others, GEJ has made serious improvements.

My town which is a remote town somewhere in South east Nigeria now has steady uninterrupted electricity for several months now. New powerplants and generators are also being built in my state.

Like I said: you don't like him. Fine. But simply accord him with the respect that comes with presidency.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by aljharem3: 6:13am On Sep 06, 2011
Odumchi I am not happy the way u turn this. I know u. read my second post, I stated that it is only an insane man that would be against Mr president. But the people are more voical now. So trying to tell us not to critizice him sounds craze I mean Obj went through worse . It is a democratic government at the end of the day. So saying he is not military and as such we should say he is different does not sound right to me.

Now it is up him to prove us wrong and make Nigeria better
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by Desola(f): 6:34am On Sep 06, 2011
Okoro tief tief! When was Ijaw land ever part of the East abi Biafra? Stupid mofo!

Mumuchukwu Jonasatan is just badluck!

Yeye people dem. Infact na amadioha go scatter your yansh for asking me to respect a corrupt and incompetent fool like him!

Yeye Okoro man, if not for you and your clan would we have an odenson like him for president? Na wetin una go chop go kill una. Oya now shebi una don dey chop? Ehen, chop and quench now but while chopping, no come ask me to respect your stupidity too. Anuofia of Africa!
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by asha80(m): 7:23am On Sep 06, 2011
Desola:

Okoro tief tief! When was Ijaw land ever part of the East abi Biafra? silly mofo!

Mumuchukwu Jonasatan is just badluck!

Yeye people dem. Infact na amadioha go scatter your yansh for asking me to respect a corrupt and incompetent fool like him!

Yeye Okoro man, if not for you and your clan would we have an odenson like him for president? Na wetin una go chop go kill una. Oya now shebi una don dey chop? Ehen, chop and quench now but while chopping, no come ask me to respect your stupidity too. Anuofia of Africa!

ignorance is a very strong disease.

i blame our educational system.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by odumchi: 7:24am On Sep 06, 2011
asha 80:

ignorance is a very strong disease.

i blame our educational system.

And I thought I was the only one. Bros, it's not worth the trouble.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by DrummaBoy(m): 8:26am On Sep 06, 2011
@OP
It goes with d job. If U dont wanna get wet dont play with water
@Desola
I enjoy every1 of ur post on NL.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by DrummaBoy(m): 8:29am On Sep 06, 2011
Those who celebrate GEJ are so used to mediocrity in leadership they dont know any better
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by DrummaBoy(m): 8:30am On Sep 06, 2011
@OP
Go and read what Rooservelt did in 100 days in office then U will know that GEJ is truly incompetent
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by DrummaBoy(m): 8:32am On Sep 06, 2011
Nig are not unncesarily pessimistic. Alleast they celebrate Fashola
Fact most leaders we had have been incompetent.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by Pukkah: 8:44am On Sep 06, 2011
Respect is mutual and it also begets respect.  Mr Jonathan should respect Nigerians by respecting the countless promises he made while he was campaigning for the position which he presently occupies.

Why demand respect for someone that has immense opportunities to be respected by simply rolling his sleeves and working?  Respect is earned and not bought. For example, how does a father earn the respect of his son?  Is it by begging or pummelling the child while shouting 'respect me', 'respect me'?

In any case, he's not the first Nigerian President that would be harangued by Nigerians.  In fact, has any President been spared?  It is posts such as yours that actually portray the President as a weakling by begging for respect for him and pleading for soft landing for someone that freely, consciously and willfully took on a difficult job.

For his sake, stop begging/pleading/demanding for respect for him because it's almost condescending to do so. He's the President.  He should act as the President.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by T8ksy(m): 8:52am On Sep 06, 2011
@ Op, why do you always start dumb threads?
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by odumchi: 8:53am On Sep 06, 2011
^^
Why do you always produce Useless posts and attempt to destroy a thread with your presence? Did I call you to my dumb thread? If They're so dumb why do you comment in all of them?
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by Johndoe100(m): 9:27am On Sep 06, 2011
People don't hate GEJ, it is the impotent haters on HL that do. Do you know that most of them were actually deluded enough to think that we Nigerians thought like them. NL gives them a platform to air their impotent rants.

Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by odumchi: 9:40am On Sep 06, 2011
Thats what Im suspecting.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by Pukkah: 10:34am On Sep 06, 2011
Johndoe100:

People don't hate GEJ, it is the impotent haters on HL that do. Do you know that most of them were actually deluded enough to think that we Nigerians thought like them. NL gives them a platform to air their impotent rants.

You tend to claim that outside of Nairaland, people generally think highly or have deep respect for GEJ. Is this what you're saying? If yes, is there any proof or evidence?

If no, kindly clarify what you wrote.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by Pukkah: 10:35am On Sep 06, 2011
Johndoe100:

odumchi:

Thats what Im suspecting.

Not so fast. His claim is not more genuine than the so called 'haters' on Nairaland.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by odumchi: 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2011
He's better Than any Babangida, Obj or Buhari for sure.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by Johndoe100(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2011
Pukkah:

You tend to claim that outside of Nairaland, people generally think highly or have deep respect for GEJ.  Is this what you're saying?  If yes, is there any proof or evidence?

If no, kindly clarify what you wrote.

Evidence? There was an election that he won by a landslide. As I understand it he lost on NL. Funny cos only like .003% of NL can actually vote in Nigeria
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by Beaf: 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2011
@Odumchi

Don't worry too much about the haters. Most of them are ill-bred gutter types, agents of the past who have four more years of futile ranting ahead. The result will be strokes, heart attacks etc, while Nigeria progresses; so lets leave them to kill themselves. Lol!

[size=14pt]Fresh Air!!![/size]
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by blacksta(m): 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2011
Beaf:

@Odumchi

Don't worry too much about the haters. Most of them are ill-bred gutter types, agents of the past who have four more years of futile ranting ahead. The result will be strokes, heart attacks etc, while Nigeria progresses; so lets leave them to kill themselves. Lol!

[size=14pt]Fresh Air!!![/size]
]

Lol - Abeg Pass me that SHEPE u dey drink - Make i join you in the spiritual world
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by Pukkah: 2:48pm On Sep 06, 2011
Johndoe100:

Evidence? There was an election that he won by a landslide. As I understand it he lost on NL. Funny cos only like .003% of NL can actually vote in Nigeria

How does a landslide victory in an election translate into an all-time popularity please? Does an all-time popularity, or respect, not come with what the winner does with power?
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by redsun(m): 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2011
Normal people hate him because he is an incompetent thief like any other nigerian politician. Abnormal nigerians that supports him are so mentally and psychologically battered to the extent that they can no longer differentiate between responsibility and irresponsibility,they are numb to common sense.
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by Pukkah: 3:11pm On Sep 06, 2011
"Truth is tough.  It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch, nay, you may kick it all about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening".  

~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, The Professor at the Breakfast Table
Re: Why Do People Hate GEJ? by odumchi: 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2011
@redsun

No be democracy we dey?

Nigeria is a Democratic republic so I have every right to disagree or disagree with you. And you since you are not a Liar or a thief come and lead Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo / APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate / Explain Asari Dokubo’s Role In $9.3m Cash-for-arms Scandal, APC Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.