Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th (4274 Views)

Poll: Will Nigeria Qualify For The Quarterfinals?

Yes: 100% (11 votes)
No: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Pictures From The Final Of Copa Lagos Beach Soccer 2013 / Spain Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (10 - 0) On 20th June 2013 / Echejile Disqualified As First Goal Scorer Against Tahiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by mukina2: 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2011
Bartholomew 'Mosquito' Ibenegbu is ready to play a key role in ensuring that Nigeria's Super Sand Eagles put Tahiti to the sword on Tuesday.

The Nigerian team face their Tahiti counterparts in a bid to win a quarterfinal berth at the ongoing Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup in Ravenna, Italy.

Ibenegbu known as Mosquito for his small physique believes he can play a big part in helping his nation's beach soccer squad at the Stadio del Mare on Tuesday.

"I'm confident that we can win against Tahiti and I'm ready to give my best because this is our best chance to qualify from our group," said Ibenegbu.

Nigeria began their beach soccer mundial campaign by losing to Russia 4 - 8 on September 2.

In their second Group C game, the Super Sand Eagles had to bank on Isiaka Olawale, Victor Tale and Onyekachi Nelson Nwosu to edge Venezuela 5 - 3.

Though Ibenegbu is yet to score at the World Cup in Italy, he is unfazed by that fact but keen on helping his colleagues so far Nigeria win their games.

"All of us can't score goals every time. Some people need to work for others. And if that's going to be my job I will do so to help the team," said the player, who plays for Heartland in an 11-a-side team.

Nigeria and Tahiti need wins to progress to the last eight, as they are both tied on three points though the Africans are ahead via superior goals scored.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/110906/Mosquito_to_sting_Tahiti_on_beach
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by pereze: 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2011
Super Sand Eagles? grin
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by bryanni: 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2011
YOU CAN WATCH THE MATCH LIVE ON THE WEBSITES BELOW

http://fifalivescores.com
http://fifalivescore.com
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by sley4life(m): 4:46pm On Sep 06, 2011
is it worth following
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by teemon: 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2011
What country is Tahiti?
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by okadaman2: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2011
If it's not female beach soccer, I'm not watching embarassed
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by marutimon: 8:11pm On Sep 06, 2011
Well they won, so they will be playing Brasil in reward cheesy
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by zoraro(m): 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2011
I was looking forward to watch the match live only to realize now that it was played 7PM not 9PM as this thread made me to believe  angry.

Here is the fixtures for the remaining matches, Time and Date are in Nigerian Time.

Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by mukina2: 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2011
Oh well twas a mix up embarassed

changing the title now.
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by mukina2: 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2011
Nigeria kept up their nerve in a do-or-die final match of Group C at the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup in Ravenna, Italy. With both sides needing a win to move on to the knockout stages of the competition, the West Africans, playing in their fourth Beach Soccer finals, were able to ride out a 4-1 result.

The first period ended scoreless, a surprise as both sides created a number of chances in front of goal. Nigeria controlled possession and the tempo of the opening exchanges, but the Oceania representatives – playing in their first-ever Beach Soccer world finals – looked dangerous on the counter-attack.

The goals finally came in the second period, with the Nigerians opening up what seemed a comfortable lead. Victor Tale opened the scoring with a clever lob before Tahitian player-coach Teva Zaveroni tied it up with a fierce strike. Further goals from Tale and Musa Najare saw Nigeria increase their lead 3-1 by the close of the second period.

Not much changed in the third and final period, but Ogbonnaya Okemmiri did add one more goal to see the Africans win out 4-1, a result that flattered. Nigeria will now move on to play Group D winner Brazil on 8 September in the quarter-finals, while debutants Tahiti head for home with their heads held high.

http://www.fifa.com/beachsoccerworldcup/matches/round=258273/match=300166578/summary.html
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by mukina2: 10:13pm On Sep 06, 2011
Quotes

Audu Adamu, Nigeria coach
I said at the start of the tournament that we would qualify for the second stage. We’ve come on in leaps and bounds since the start of the competition. That’s also because, not having a national league, we knew that we would improve from match to match. Now we’re ready to face Brazil, it won’t exactly be a stroll but we’ll make a fight of it. At Dubai 2009 they beat us 11-5 but we’re not the same team, we’re stronger. I’ll say it again, we’ll fight to take Nigeria into the world’s top four.

Fabrice Marchand, Tahiti assistant coach
We played well over the course of the three matches. Perhaps today we could have done more and achieved our dream of playing against Brazil in the quarter-finals, which was a real goal for us. In any case we’re happy with what we have done, especially because ours is a young team and we have a long way to go yet. We have a wealth of experience to take with us into the next World Cup, where we’ll be playing at home.
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by mukina2: 10:22pm On Sep 06, 2011
Pics

Players of Tahiti pose

Players of Nigeria pose

Teva Zaveroni (L) and Ogbonnaya Okemmiri of Nigeria battle for the ball

Teva Zaveroni (L) and Raimana Li Fung Kuee (R) of Tahiti and Musa Najare of Nigeria battle for the ball

Teva Zaveroni of Tahiti is challenged by Ogbonnaya Okemmiri of Nigeria

Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by chelseabmw(m): 12:37am On Sep 07, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

is that juju? angry
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by mukina2: 12:54am On Sep 07, 2011
na me you suppose ask? grin
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by Okijajuju1(m): 11:40am On Sep 07, 2011
chelseabmw:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

is that juju? angry

yess
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by namdo(m): 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2011
grin grin grin okija priest cool^^^
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by abacus(m): 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2011
Okija_juju:

yess

Huh? Wonderment? shocked Do you even see the match?

It's a gift from Tahiti team to Nigeria team.
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by zoraro(m): 3:39am On Sep 08, 2011
I hope that the "gift" is not a Trojan horse aka "bad luck" for us to lose the game when we meet the Brazilians  lipsrsealed.
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by chelseabmw(m): 11:45am On Sep 08, 2011
mukina2:

na me you suppose ask? grin

cos na u put the pics na grin
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by zoraro(m): 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2011
Current Score 1:1
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by zoraro(m): 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2011
Brazil scores 2:1
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by zoraro(m): 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2011
3:1
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by zoraro(m): 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2011
Nigeria scores 3:2
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by zoraro(m): 7:34pm On Sep 08, 2011
Nigeria equalizes 3:3
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by marutimon: 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2011
Nigeria in the lead! 4:3
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by zoraro(m): 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2011
Nigeria scores again 3:4
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by marutimon: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2011
ANd its back level at 4:4
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by marutimon: 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2011
Ibenegbu pulled down, gets a penalty, then misses, but 15 seconds later scores to make up for his miss!

5:4 Nigeria
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by marutimon: 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2011
Back to 5:5 and the third final period around the corner.
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by zoraro(m): 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2011
8:8
Re: Beach Soccer World Cup: Tahiti Vs Nigeria (1 - 4) On September 6th by femi4: 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2011
10-8 Brazil (AET)

(1) (2) (Reply)

NBA,NHL,NFL Daily 99.9% Sure Picks!!!! / Who Are Your Top Best Five In Football History? / Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup Ranking/ Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.