Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations (27784 Views)

Please I Need Help In Balancing These Equations / How To Solve Any Quadratic Equation Using The "Almighty" Formula / Please Help Solve This Quadratic Equations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by sqlPAIN: 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2023
The first one has to be solved with the quadratic formula, I know how to solve it with other methods but when I use quadratic, I keep getting wrong answers.....

The second one has to be solved with completing the square method..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by ChinemeremFidel: 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2023
How much you go pay let me solve immediately

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Chimaobi302(m): 5:23pm On Jan 20, 2023
(1)

x²+2x-8=0
x²+4x-2x-8=0
x(x+4)-2(x+4)=0
(x-2)(x+4)=0
x=2 or x=-4
{x} = {2,-4}....

(2)
x²-3x-18=0
x²+3x-6x-18=0
x(x+3)-6(x+3)=0
(x+3)(x-6)=0
x= -3 or x=6
{ x } = {-3,6 }

425 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by sqlPAIN: 5:36pm On Jan 20, 2023
Chimaobi302:
(1)

x²+2x-8=0
x²+4x-2x-8=0
x(x+4)-2(x+4)=0
(x-2)(x+4)=0
x=2 or x=-4
{x} = {2,-4}....

(2)
x²-3x-18=0
x²+3x-6x-18=0
x(x+3)-6(x+3)=0
(x+3)(x-6)=0
x= -3 or x=6
{ x } = {-3,6 }
I know how to solve them like this, you solved them by factoring right? I said the first one should be solved with Quadratic formula a.k.a, Almighty formula .... While the second should be solved with Completing the square method ....Thanks though.... Anytime I use those two methods to solve the questions respectively, I always end up with the wrong answer. I just want someone to solyit using those methods so that I can study their solutions and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by NDSMELODY(m): 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2023
sqlPAIN:
The first one has to be solved with the quadratic formula, I know how to solve it with other methods but when I use quadratic, I keep getting wrong answers.....

for completing the square method.

163 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by NDSMELODY(m): 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
sqlPAIN:

Q3, using general formula

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by sqlPAIN: 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2023
NDSMELODY:
Bro, I love you cry Honestly I feel like kissing you right now kiss God bless you bro...

Help me do the other one then drop your aza or phone number make I do you 1k or 1k sub.

You just saved me from eternal confusion lol grin

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by sqlPAIN: 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2023
NDSMELODY:
Q3, using general formula
God bless you bro!!!!!

12 Likes

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by JohnnA1: 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2023
Nice thread; more of this.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by NDSMELODY(m): 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2023
sqlPAIN:
Bro, I love you cry Honestly I feel like kissing you right now kiss God bless you bro...

Help me do the other one then drop your aza or phone number make I do you 1k or 1k sub.

You just saved me from eternal confusion lol grin
the second one has been solved up there bro.
Account no; 0810077717
Bank; access bank.

Thank you ....

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by NDSMELODY(m): 6:04pm On Jan 20, 2023
sqlPAIN:
God bless you bro!!!!!
you are welcome bro

6 Likes

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by kingscare1(m): 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2023
X + X = ex or aids....
Write it down that's the right answer, forget those ones up there. I'm a professional maths lecturer, with PHD in maths and stats.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by kingscare1(m): 6:21pm On Jan 20, 2023
X + X = ex or aids....

Write it down that's the right answer, forget those ones up there. I'm a professional maths lecturer, with PHD in maths and stats.
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by sqlPAIN: 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2023
NDSMELODY:
you are welcome bro
Ok
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Despacito1: 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2023
sqlPAIN:

I just run it now, you can get the second yourself through this principle.

I dey class I now no time to write the rest

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by michlins(m): 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2023
Omo

Smart people full nairaland

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Someodds: 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2023
AI got your number done.

x = (-b ± √(b²-4ac)) / 2a

Where a = 1, b = 2, and c = -8.

so x = (-2 ± √(2²-41(-cool)) / 2*1 = (-2 ± √(4+32)) / 2 = (-2 ± √(36)) / 2 = (-2 ± 6) / 2

so x = (-2 + 6) / 2 = 4/2 = 2 or x = (-2 - 6) / 2 = -8/2 = -4

So the solutions are x = 2 and x = -4

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by sureteeboy(m): 8:22am On Jan 21, 2023
NDSMELODY:
Well done Bro.
But you kept typing 'difference of two squares'. Difference of two squares wasn't utilized at any point in your solution

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by NDSMELODY(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2023
sureteeboy:

Well done Bro.
But you kept typing 'difference of two squares'. Difference of two squares wasn't utilized at any point in your solution
check the left hand side equation, you will see where I used difference of two square bro...check the workings very well !!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by christejames(m): 9:14am On Jan 21, 2023
People wey get maths brain full ground ooo grin grin

Whenever I see numbers in combination of alphabets and it's terms mathematical question grin, my brain will just go numb and fall into deep slumper cheesy... Me and mathematics na two parallel lines.

Just the day before yesterday, my neighbor brought me her daughter's first term mathematical examination questions for JSS3 to solve (from a Federal Technical College o)... O mehn! I collected it, thinking it will be baby questions of 1 + 1 grin... I see alphabet and numbers my brain wan run comot for my head.

grin, I said to myself, a graduate will not embarrass his generation like this biko because I can't return the paper to her unattended to. Thank God grin, a part of my brain was still left in my 'okpo skull' cheesy then I remembered my younger brother is studying at FUTO, na so I snap the questions and sent to him to help me out ooo grin...

The guy with his friends I presumed solved the questions and sent me the snap shots cheesy, na so I copy everything and passed across to my neighbor ooo grin...

Although I told her it was my younger brother that helped me out, grin grin grin. She was glad!

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by CodeTemplar: 9:36am On Jan 21, 2023
Primary four question in China.

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by NDSMELODY(m): 10:43am On Jan 21, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Primary four question in China.
lols

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by NDSMELODY(m): 10:43am On Jan 21, 2023
christejames:
People wey get maths brain full ground ooo grin grin

Whenever I see numbers in combination of alphabets and it's terms mathematical question grin, my brain will just go numb and fall into deep slumper cheesy... Me and mathematics na two parallel lines.

Just the day before yesterday, my neighbor brought me her daughter's first term mathematical examination questions for JSS3 to solve (from a Federal Technical College o)... O mehn! I collected it, thinking it will be baby questions of 1 + 1 grin... I see alphabet and numbers my brain wan run comot for my head.

grin, I said to myself, a graduate will not embarrass his generation like this biko because I can't return the paper to her unattended to. Thank God grin, a part of my brain was still left in my 'okpo skull' cheesy then I remembered my younger brother is studying at FUTO, na so I snap the questions and sent to him to help me out ooo grin...

The guy with his friends I presumed solved the questions and sent me the snap shots cheesy, na so I copy everything and passed across to my neighbor ooo grin...

Although I told her it was my younger brother that helped me out, grin grin grin. She was glad!
I can't stop laughing here bro, you tried ooo

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by sureteeboy(m): 11:33am On Jan 21, 2023
NDSMELODY:
check the left hand side equation, you will see where I used difference of two square bro...check the workings very well !!
This is Difference of two squares
a²-b² = (a + b) (a - b)
What you did on the left hand side was you factored the perfect square. You rewrote the trinomial on the LHS in the perfect square format. That's different from Difference of two squares

10 Likes

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Houseofglam7(f): 12:01pm On Jan 21, 2023
👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Felabrity: 12:01pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:

use calculator

No stress me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by hakeem4(m): 12:01pm On Jan 21, 2023
1) which becomes
x=2 or−4

2)
X= 6 or -3
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Lemmy123(m): 12:01pm On Jan 21, 2023
Na who chop belle full dey solve maths... Abeg guy check front, e choke for here

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by MorataFC: 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2023
Ask the fellow behind me
Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by BATified2023: 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2023
I want to implore Nigerians not to follow aba made fake product but the original tested n trusted man

Imagine a man that made doctors go on strike for 13 months telling u he will do well in health sector?
Isn’t it laughable

Imagine a man who refuse to pay lecturers for good 6 months telling u he values education n to add insult on injury he increased ANSU tuition fee by 200%
Isn’t it laughable?

Imagine a man who fails to conduct local government election for good 7 years telling u he will deliver dividends of democracy to u, y didn’t he to that when he was governor?

Imagine a man who can’t manage a majority Christian state n even had to start divide n rule between catholic n others Christian’s telling u he will unite u
No b craze b dat?

The same man who killed youths extrajudicially n dumped their bodies inside awkuzu river telling u he will protect the youth, Nigerians ronu

He’s telling u he will move us from consumption to production but he’s the greatest importer of what his brothers are manufacturing locally

Same man that claim he needs to b stingy by denying people dividends of democracy is stashing money into teenage daughter account n even have numerous offshore accounts

The same man who said he wants to change d old order still romancing obj, ibb, enenche of endsars n the latest the billionaire grass cutter

In Sowore voice…. A thief can’t fix your window

This is what Owobokiri has to say about him then, ask him what has changed today?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations by Kyase(m): 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2023
sqlPAIN:
I know how to solve them like this, you solved them by factoring right? I said the first one should be solved with Quadratic formula a.k.a, Almighty formula .... While the second should be solved with Completing the square method ....Thanks though.... Anytime I use those two methods to solve the questions respectively, I always end up with the wrong answer. I just want someone to solyit using those methods so that I can study their solutions and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Which one be almighty formula
Its called the formula method

Anyways person don solve am up there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Uyo Students Protest Against ASUU Strike / David Aremu Oluwafemi, Lecturer In Gay Scandal At College Of Agriculture, Ibadan / Dead Newborn Baby In University Of Maiduguri’s Female Toilet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.