Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris (2870 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Vocalize Your Faith - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 8:09am On Sep 07, 2011
. . . But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6)

There’re those who out of their ignorance of the Scriptures wonder how come God’s ministers are unable to just heal every sick person in the world. “If Jesus were here, He would heal everybody”; they’d say. Such statements are from those who are spiritually unlearned. When Jesus walked the earth, He “didn’t heal everybody.” As a matter of fact, He “couldn’t” heal everybody.

This may sound strange to you, but study the Bible for yourself; you’ll find something amazing when you read the latter part of Mark 5, into the first five verses of Mark 6. Jesus had raised a young woman from the dead. (Mark 5:39-43). Right after that, He came into his home country and the Bible says He could there do no mighty work, except that He laid His hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. Mark 6:5-6 tells us that as a result, He marveled at their unbelief, and then went around about the villages, teaching.

He tried to heal the people and He couldn’t. This wasn’t a function of His inability, for He is Himself God and can do all things, but their unbelief short-circuited His power. Hence He resorted to teaching the Word of God to impart faith to them and rid their hearts of unbelief. So the fault wasn’t with Jesus, but with the people who didn’t plug into God’s power with their faith. It’s the same today; the power of God is with us and available to us twenty-four hours a day, but you must plug into it with your faith for it to work for you.

Receiving from God is based on the simple principle of faith. With faith, you plug into God’s abundant supply, and take a hold of whatever you desire. The woman with the issue of blood didn’t wait for Jesus to pray for her. She connected to God’s power by faith and pulled out her healing. When Jesus later spoke to her, He said:

Thy faith hath made thee whole” (Matthew 9:22).

Your faith is the plug by which you connect to the power of God. That power is always available; tap into it.

Confession
My faith is alive and working. With it, I’ve connected into God’s unending supply, taking full advantage of His inexhaustible grace, wealth and wisdom, thus making the miraculous my daily experience. Glory to God!

Matthew 21:21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2011
When we talk e go be like say pesin just hate this Oyakhilome guy. But the guy just wouldn't stop saying nonsense and adding to the scripture in the process! See what he now says of Jesus --- clearly going beyond what scriptire says in the first place and in the second place failing to appreciate the issues concerning the rendering "couldn't"!

Joagbaje:
. . .
There’re those who out of their ignorance of the Scriptures wonder how come God’s ministers are unable to just heal every sick person in the world. “If Jesus were here, He would heal everybody”; they’d say. Such statements are from those who are spiritually unlearned. When Jesus walked the earth, He “didn’t heal everybody.” As a matter of fact, He “couldn’t” heal everybody.

This may sound strange to you, but study the Bible for yourself; you’ll find something amazing when you read the latter part of Mark 5, into the first five verses of Mark 6. Jesus had raised a young woman from the dead. (Mark 5:39-43). Right after that, He came into his home country and the Bible says He could there do no mighty work, except that He laid His hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. Mark 6:5-6 tells us that as a result, He marveled at their unbelief, and then went around about the villages, teaching.

He tried to heal the people and He couldn’t. This wasn’t a function of His inability, for He is Himself God and can do all things, but their unbelief short-circuited His power . . . . .
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2011
For the sake of people that may be misled by these false teachers, below is one explanation of that Mark 6:5 passage (bear in mind it is only one explanation and there are other suggestions).

From http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/mark-6-5.html

Bible Study ToolsOur LibraryCommentariesJohn Gill's Exposition of the BibleMarkMark 6Mark 6:5

Mark 6:5

And he could there do no mighty work

Or miracle; not that Christ had no power in himself to work miracles, though their unbelief and contempt of him were very great; but it was not fit and proper that he should do any there, since such were their prejudices against him: it is an usual way of speaking with the Hebrews, when either it is not "fit" and proper that a thing should be done, or they "will" not do it, to say it cannot be done; see ( Genesis 19:22 ) ( 37:4 ) ; and even it is said of God himself, "So that the Lord could no longer bear, because of your evil doings", ( Jeremiah 44:22 ) . Not but that he could if he would, but he would not; nor was it fit and proper that he should; the same is the sense here: besides, in ( Matthew 13:58 ) it is said, "he did not many mighty works there"; and so the Arabic version here, "and he did not many mighty works there"; he did not think it proper to do any of any great consequence, nor did he. Wherefore the Jew has no reason to object this to the divinity of Christ, as if there was a want of power in him. Christ is omnipotent, and he has given proof of his almighty power, by the miracles which he has wrought; and [b]though he wrought no mighty work "there", yet he wrought many elsewhere, which sufficiently attest the truth of his proper deity: the emphasis lies upon the word there; though he did not work any considerable miracle in that place, he did in others; which shows, that it was not a defect of power in him, that was the reason of it, but something else; and Matthew gives the reason of it, and says, it was "because of their unbelief": not that their unbelief was an over match for his power; he could have removed that, if he had thought fit, but he did not do it; he, who is the author and finisher of faith, could have took away their unbelief, as the man that brought his dumb child to Christ, concluded he could; and therefore said to him, "Lord, help my unbelief", ( Mark 9:24 ) . Christ sometimes required of the persons he was about to heal, faith in him, that he could heal them; and so did his apostles, ( Matthew 9:28 ) ( Acts 14:9 ) . Not that faith contributed any thing to the cure, but it was the way and means in which Christ was pleased to communicate his healing virtue: besides, when persons applied to him for healing, and expressed their faith in him, it gave him an opportunity of working a miracle for that purpose; but now these people did not so much as ask such a favour of him, and so gave him no occasion of doing any mighty work; for which reason it may be said, he could not, no opportunity offering: and moreover, seeing they disbelieved him, and rejected him as the Messiah, they were unworthy of having any wrought among them; and it was but just and right, to do none: nay, it was rather an instance of kindness not to do any among them; since had he, and they had remained impenitent and unbelieving, as he knew they would, these would have been aggravations of their condemnation.
[/b]
Save that he laid his hands upon a sick folk, and healed them.
There were some few sick people that had faith in him, and came to him, beseeching him to heal them; and accordingly he did lay his hands on them, and cured them, which was a way he sometimes used: and these cures he wrought, to show his power, what he could do, and what benefits they might have enjoyed by him, and to leave them inexcusable.
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2011

He tried to heal the people and He couldn’t. This wasn’t a function of His inability, for He is Himself God and can do all things, but their unbelief short-circuited His power

The animal who said the above is an intellectual sandbag, a waste of flesh and definitely doesn't represent Jesus.

But anyone who wishes to disprove me should simply show where it says "He COULDN'T though He tried"

Refusing because they had rejected Him was simply following his Own Words from the Psalms -"with the froward, I will be froward and with the perverse I will be perverse". Since they wanted miracles ONLY for mockery and fun, He. Followed His Words, simply marveled (found it to be ridiculous He was to become their sport) and thus refused to become their "show"! He REFUSED not that He tried!

Shame on you parasites! Scion of hellfire!
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by nlMediator: 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

. . . But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6)

There’re those who out of their ignorance of the Scriptures wonder how come God’s ministers are unable to just heal every sick person in the world. “If Jesus were here, He would heal everybody”; they’d say. Such statements are from those who are spiritually unlearned. When Jesus walked the earth, He “didn’t heal everybody.” As a matter of fact, He “couldn’t” heal everybody.[/b]This may sound strange to you, but study the Bible for yourself; you’ll find something amazing when you read the latter part of Mark 5, into the first five verses of Mark 6. Jesus had raised a young woman from the dead. (Mark 5:39-43). Right after that, He came into his home country and the Bible says He could there do no mighty work, except that He laid His hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. Mark 6:5-6 tells us that as a result, He marveled at their unbelief, and then went around about the villages, teaching.

[b]He tried to heal the people and He couldn’t.
This wasn’t a function of His inability, for He is Himself God and can do all things, but their unbelief short-circuited His power. Hence He resorted to teaching the Word of God to impart faith to them and rid their hearts of unbelief. So the fault wasn’t with Jesus, but with the people who didn’t plug into God’s power with their faith. It’s the same today; the power of God is with us and available to us twenty-four hours a day, but you must plug into it with your faith for it to work for you.

Receiving from God is based on the simple principle of faith. With faith, you plug into God’s abundant supply, and take a hold of whatever you desire. The woman with the issue of blood didn’t wait for Jesus to pray for her. She connected to God’s power by faith and pulled out her healing. When Jesus later spoke to her, He said:

Thy faith hath made thee whole” (Matthew 9:22).

Your faith is the plug by which you connect to the power of God. That power is always available; tap into it.

Confession
My faith is alive and working. With it, I’ve connected into God’s unending supply, taking full advantage of His inexhaustible grace, wealth and wisdom, thus making the miraculous my daily experience. Glory to God!

Matthew 21:21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

On the first bolded, Jesus healed everybody that came to him for healing. Repeat: everybody that came to Jesus seeking healing got it.

On the second, the scripture does not say that. It does not at all say that He could not heal. It says He could do no mighty work there, but He healed. If anybody that needed mighty work came to Him and wanted healing, He would have been healed. Jesus' healing never stopped because somebody did not have faith. At the very least, He would have used His power to work miracles, which is not dependent on anybody's faith. We need to be careful not to diminish Jesus to explain away our own weaknesses as human beings.

By the way, if somebody hears that Jesus (or a pastor is in town) and comes there to obtain healing, isn't that faith? What other faith does he need? We're not talking of people coming there to mock or thinking that God's power is not real. But people that truly love God and some cases who have been fasting for weeks before the crusade.
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 11:52am On Sep 09, 2011
So why is no CE member or Oyakhilome follower saying anything? (To paraphrase Joagbaje)

Do you agree with Oyakhilome that those who believe that Jesus' healing power would heal everybody are "spiritually unlearned"?

cool
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 9:49am On Sep 12, 2011
I'm honestly really interested to see what CE members and/or Oyakhilome followers think of this here teaching.
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by LoveKing(m): 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2011
Enigma:

I'm honestly really interested to see what CE members and/or Oyakhilome followers think of this here teaching.

its been 4 days long, i dont think they have any other reasonable thing to say or scriptures to twist apart from attacks.
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by juventino: 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2011
Joagbaje! Joagbaje!! Joagbaje!!!. Where art thou shocked. Come out and defend your pastor tongue tongue tongue
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^ Whosai? Pastor Joagbaje has picked race (as usual) long long long time ago! grin

We are just hoping some others will perhaps come and chip in with their views and observations. smiley

cool
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by erniok(m): 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2011
i really thing enlightenment is he problem of a lot of you. the bible says that a lot of times, Jesus couldn't perform miracles because of the peoples unbelief. one time, he even said to the people that even if they didn't believe him, they should believe the very works(miracles) he did. all of you are just pastor Chris' haters. I'll have you know that categorically god cannot even help you if you don't have faith, for the scriptures say that he that comes to god must believe that he is(exists), and that he is a re warder of them that diligently seek him. go and read you scriptures and stop attacking verbally, pastor Chris and Christ embassy members. cheesy[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 10:28pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^

Dullard! As a "professing" Christian, you claim that

1. Jesus is Lord (and God)
2. He created all things and nothing in existence came without Him
3. In "His" Name and with faith in "Him", all things are possible!

But being the intellectually deficient genetic hatchery waste that you are, you then ALSO claim that

1. The Lord has things He cannot do (so God is no longer omnipotent)
2. The creator is restricted to the "faith" of you, a maggot that came from sand
3. Your swivel-hipped Jeri curled pavlov dog can do all things because he has faith but the God he has faith in CANNOT do those same things?

You must be sniffing doodle fumes!

Goat!
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by debosky(m): 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^ Sheathe your sword brother. . . .those words are harsh!
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2011
I do get your point but

1. I wager this is one of them AGAIN with an alternate I'd.
2. Compare the Christian testimony about Jesus to the tripe this dude deduces as Christ's disabilities - shey Jesus is now a soccerball just so ol'Jeri Curls looks better?
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by debosky(m): 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2011
I agree the truth should be exposed, but let's not drag the conversation into insults.
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2011
 
( cheesy )

/ \ ,
'. ‎​.

Ok Sir.
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by nlMediator: 3:22am On Sep 13, 2011
erniok:

i really thing enlightenment is he problem of a lot of you. the bible says that a lot of times, Jesus couldn't perform miracles because of the peoples unbelief. one time, he even said to the people that even if they didn't believe him, they should believe the very works(miracles) he did. all of you are just pastor Chris' haters. I'll have you know that categorically god cannot even help you if you don't have faith, for the scriptures say that he that comes to god must believe that he is(exists), and that he is a re warder of them that diligently seek him. go and read you scriptures and stop attacking verbally, pastor Chris and Christ embassy members. cheesy[color=#550000][/color]

Virtually everything you said is erroneous. Can you point to the specific scriptures that back your points? And do go easy on the enlightenment issue. I’m convinced that you’re far less enlightened than many here. This tactic of demeaning people intellectually may work in your small circles but you’ll only end up embarrassing yourself if you opt for that course in this place.
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 6:38am On Sep 13, 2011
Matthew 5:45 "For he makes his sun rise on the evil and the good, and he lets rain fall on the righteous and the unrighteous."

The above can easily be expanded to include Atheists, Muslims, and those who never heard of God. Yet He is able to bless them. Interestingly, the opposite of bless would be "curse" - was Pharaoh a believer? How come God was able to "curse" (one side of the coin) him? The Ethiopian - did he know God? Was it not his good deeds and good spirit that made God choose him and bless (other side of the coin) him?

These people go about making noise that they are "believers" when they can't see past the legalism in letters and see the big picture - which as I recall was why I voted for their gang leader here - undoubtedly the most religious pharisee on NL.

And their fried head cult-leader who wrote the above? Obviously full of delusions of grandeur and with the greatest need to learn whist having the least desire to do so
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2011
erniok:

I love the embolden part. Really enlightenment is the problem of religious Christians. But the truth is marching in gradually.
Re: Plug In With Your Faith - Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 4:26pm On Sep 14, 2011
^ cheesy

Defense Mechanisms - Apathy, Denial and delusions of Grandeur. All at the same time!

(1) (Reply)

The Great Insertion And The Great Omission In The Bible / Muskeeto Must Repent! / Benefits Of Commitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.