Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:02 PM

Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree (33596 Views)

Delta Mysterious Tree. / Kedu Onye Nwere Ike Ikowa Ebe Ndi Igbo Siri Puta / Discovery Of The Week>The Mysterious Skeleton Lake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by omoge(f): 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2007
lol "death and the king's horsemen" was really interesting  grin
Soyinka did real good with that book smiley

there was a conversation between two pple (can't remember their names) where one was saying blackman juju can't do anything to a whiteman  grin. that scene was sooooooo funny and it made me laugh till today.

true! if all the stories abt Nnnune ebe, iroko, no pointing tree, rivers that don't meet etc are all real, then we really need to make the world aware of them.

1 Like

Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by nawa1(m): 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2007
a telephone conversation between me and my friend (swaya)

swaya: hello bros

na wa: hello my gee, how far?

swaya: nothing de sheele. how about you and your girl

na wa: i'm kicking strong and my girl is doing just fine

swaya: bros, let me use dis opportunity to thank you again for the super zoom camera phone you bought for me last month. . .

na wa: no long thing. plz i need you to do me a favour.

swaya: what favour? you know i can do anything for you.

na wa: about that mysterious tree in your village . . .

swaya: oh! you mean, the Nnunu Ebe tree?

na wa: ya.

swaya: what about it?

na wa: i want you to take a picture of it, and send to me via mms or e-mail.

swaya: common man, tell me you are kidding. you know it's dangerous even to think about that.

na wa: i know, and i'm not trying to get you killed either. but somebody just told me we can make millions of naira from it

swaya: you mean millions of naira for just a picture of this tree?

na wa: ya

swaya: i can risk my life for that you know.

na wa: here you go. . .

swaya: let me get my super zoom camera phone and set off right away!

na wa: plz be careful

swaya: no shaking. . .na wa, one of these trees is not far from my backyard, so let me go now

na wa: no wahala, just be careful and plz do not cut our conversation so i can listen to the whole process.

swaya: i wont. . .i'm off now

10 minus later. . .

na wa: hello. . .hellooooooo, can you hear me swaya? hello. . . hello. . .

swaya: sorry na wa, i ca kkknnt hheeeer u. . .the nettwork is very bad or somethhhiiing. . hello, are you there. . .hello

na wa: what's that noise. . .wh a t, hello. . .are y o u ok?

swaya: i can't hear you properly, but i'm close to the tree. . .and there are lot of noise. . .babies crying. . .allover . , but i can't see anybody or any sign of living thing aro o un d. . .

na wa: you are breaking up!!!

swaya: ok na wa, i think is not save to go beyond this point, let me activate my camera and snap from this distance. .

GBOAAAAAAH (LOUD EXPLOSION)

na wa: hello . . . hello . . .hello. . . can you hear me . . .hello . . .hello . . .hello. . .plz talk to me. . .helooooooo

that was the end. and up till now, i've not heard from swaya. MAY GOD HELP HIM.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by omoge(f): 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2007
for real shocked abeg ooo, shocked
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Carlosein(m): 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2007
As with everything that is happening, not knowing ones cultural history and tradition is one of the greatest tragedies that is befalling us in Africa.

This particular tree is a deity. It is worshiped by its adherents. Everything that @Soundmind said about this tree is very true. Birds and insects don't perch on it. Its leaves or figs don't fall to the ground, nothing green grows under it. You dare not approach it beyond a certain distance. It talks. And when its help is sought it sends an emissary in the form of its fig to accompany the petitioner. This is accompanied by a loud clap of thunderous sound.

The fact that you have never heard about it; have never visited it; or don't come from the particular locality where this deity exists does not in any way make this "a fairy tale", or "tales by moonlight".

Nigeria is beautiful, rich in tradition and wonder.

Explore and get some education about your very roots!!!

As with other wonders in this beautiful land of ours, in Owerri Axis there exists a river that is a deity. It does not mix with other water no matter how hard you try. The wonder continues when you go along with the river to a confluence where it meets another river that is also a deity. Their confluence is a tempestous sight. If for any reason some water from river A flows into River B, if flows right back violently. If for any reason a fish from river A swims across into the other river B; the fishes in river B get very aggressive and drive it right back to river A. If you put river A in a glass cup with say another water source, you'll see a very visible separation gap between them that resembles the situation where you put kerosene and water in a glass cup.

Science could never explain any of these[color=#990000][/color]. But our ancestors and our fathers understand them though.

What else do you have to say

oh please, there are many possible explanations for this tree (if it actually exists that is). so how can u dare to say

that science could never explain any of it?
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 06, 2007
the cranks have taken over this thread. sad
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by omoge(f): 10:58pm On Sep 06, 2007
na wa, you don hear from your friend? is he alright? keep us posted o.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Shaunscot(m): 8:56am On Sep 07, 2007
lovely_S:

Cant believe you live in Ota and you don't know this story. . .Anyway,I schooled in OTA (Iganmode Grammar School) and i have a friend lived in Oke-Ide and His house is just minutes trek from the tree.

Do you know anything about Koto-Otun?. . .They have been dumping a hell of refuse in this ealy days well but till tommorow its not been fill up.

Ara Ile Waja (Neighbour comes to market). . .Please Holla Back
I know Koro Otun but I dont know any Koto Otun.I could actually check that one out.
Ill also try to locate this Oke-Ide you talk about.Where in Ota is it?Be a little specific because u know how big Ota is.You should have told your friend to show you this tree.
Anyways,holla back.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by shawn123: 9:51am On Sep 07, 2007
As with everything that is happening, not knowing ones cultural history and tradition is one of the greatest tragedies that is befalling us in Africa.

This particular tree is a deity. It is worshiped by its adherents. Everything that @Soundmind said about this tree is very true. Birds and insects don't perch on it. Its leaves or figs don't fall to the ground, nothing green grows under it. You dare not approach it beyond a certain distance. It talks. And when its help is sought it sends an emissary in the form of its fig to accompany the petitioner. This is accompanied by a loud clap of thunderous sound.

The fact that you have never heard about it; have never visited it; or don't come from the particular locality where this deity exists does not in any way make this "a fairy tale", or "tales by moonlight".

Nigeria is beautiful, rich in tradition and wonder.

Explore and get some education about your very roots!!!

As with other wonders in this beautiful land of ours, in Owerri Axis there exists a river that is a deity. It does not mix with other water no matter how hard you try. The wonder continues when you go along with the river to a confluence where it meets another river that is also a deity. Their confluence is a tempestous sight. If for any reason some water from river A flows into River B, if flows right back violently. If for any reason a fish from river A swims across into the other river B; the fishes in river B get very aggressive and drive it right back to river A. If you put river A in a glass cup with say another water source, you'll see a very visible separation gap between them that resembles the situation where you put kerosene and water in a glass cup.

Science could never explain any of these. But our ancestors and our fathers understand them though.

What else do you have to say

May superstitious people like whoever wrote this mail never rule a town, a community, a state, a country. Can i please get an amen from concerned citizens. God, how can a young man/woman in this age write something like this. This thread should really be called TALES BY MOONLIGHT. This is the kind of thing that keeps me wondering if Naija is ever going to move foward, if young people like this keep believing stuffs like this whole heartedly then why bother go to school. I remember the Governor that had his picture taken in the shrine pledging allegiance to Orji Kalu. Abeg let find something more interesting to discuss about jo,
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by krs2(m): 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2007
nanaboi:

@ Blackmamba,
I use 2 think it was stupidity u were cursed with
then I had a re-think

considered naivety
had anotha rethink

"he probably has so much of the western civilization that he's trapped in the middle - lost to his roots and the white man's", I thot
But then I know say na lie.

your village is probably the richest in black magic. You guys are probably darker than the dark ages, yet u pretend u know nothing of the roots.
It's either that or u're from an exceptionally asinine tribe

What bovine stupidity to echo your ignorance!

You no well and u no go eva fit well again

chei! blackmamba,this guy don finish u oh!
But it really serves you right.You just don't rubbish what other people tell you like that.
In this world you should learn to keep an open mind,do not create a one-way traffic in your mind.

Although,someone already said earlier on this thread that there is nothing like mystery,so what do you call phenomena that has no logical explanation.

Even the whites still can't offer an explanation for why some creatures thrive in the very hostile and dark world of the great ocean depth that is deep down where all the atmospheric pressure is greatest,great enough to crush a man to unrecognizable pulp.

Well, since you appear to know all,explain that and so many other mysteries,oh, sorry,there is no longer anything like mystery according to your elitist school of taught.Well whatever you call it,explain It now!
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by nawa1(m): 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2007
@blackmamba

somebody here advise you
to keep an open mind,do not create a one-way traffic in your mind.
he expect you to waste the resources of your mind for some unproven, unrealistic, superstitious tales.

please, lets all create a one-way traffic in our mind for things that are of importance in our lives. for this matter isn't worth quibbling, i rest my case.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by krs2(m): 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2007
@na wah
who the hell are you?
who talked to your ass? just because I told black mamba not to rubbish what other people say doesn't mean that his mind is going to be filled up,punk!

I even wonder what sort of trash fills up your feeble mind.

Once more,Asshole,punk!!
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by nawa1(m): 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2007
@Krs-2
you are extremely offensive and insulting. let me take the pains to quote you:

krs-2:

I even wonder what sort of trash fills up your feeble mind.

at least not words like: -
Asshole,punk!!
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Carlosein(m): 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2007
the battle has begun with missiles of insults flying overhead better duck. grin grin grin

may witches and wizards from the nnunnu ebe tree not come and join in this battle o! tongue tongue cool
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by theffanyi(m): 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2007
angry angry angrySHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP tongue tongue :PFOOOOOOOOOL

Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Carlosein(m): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2007
who me?
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by cgift(m): 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2007
you c, nnube tree has started taking its toll on you guys.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Carlosein(m): 7:07pm On Sep 07, 2007
abi o grin
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by BlackMamba(m): 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2007
@nanaboi
Why are you getting worked up over a tree. I wish it really exists to calm your frail nerves. As a caring coal city bro, I'll accept that your imaginary deity of a tree exists somewhere in your fickle mind. I hope this calms you down and save you money from consulting an oracle to confirm your silly beliefs.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by nawa1(m): 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2007
there you go . . . grin
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by omoge(f): 4:26pm On Sep 08, 2007
na wa, you haven't said anything abt the outcome of your phone conversation. you should follow up now grin
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by nawa1(m): 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2007
omoge:

na wa, you haven't said anything about the outcome of your phone conversation. you should follow up now grin

ok omoge, plz come closer let me whisper to you. (i only was putting on an act)
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by omoge(f): 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2007
lol grin grin grin thank you jare cuz i was almost calling the guiness book of record pple for the latest in our land grin
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by presido1: 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2007
@poster
have had of the tree and even hear that when you cut the tree with knife blood will come out.
I can,t substantiate this abeg make una no quote me oooo.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by omoge(f): 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2007
yes o i have heard of that tree too that got blood coming out grin. there is another tree i heard abt. it was said that you have to be hitting whatever you have on your head whenever you are passing by the tree.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by naijadiva2(f): 12:19am On Sep 09, 2007
i know this has nothing to do with a tree but my uncle said that in sierra leone there's a fish tail that swims in the ocean and that every year it comes out and people cut pieces of the fish and when the day is over, the fish goes back in the ocean until the following year. he claims that he saw it but i think he was making the whole thing up.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Besteric(m): 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2007
Most of you guys who grew up in Europe and America hardly believe anything African,, these Nnunu ebe(Anunu ebe) exist in parts of Igboland ,,, even in Orlu in Imo state where i come from,,,
There s also another mysterious plant known as Ahihia Nju(Afifia Nju) that makes one lose his senses for some minutes when it touches you thereby making you wander in the forest for some time until your senses return,
Its no myth,, been a victim anyway,, LOL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Scatter(m): 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2007
Nnunu ebe the mysterious tree theres only one way to find out if all the the mystery about this tree is true, let some scientist find out the tree  take some samples to the laboratory put it under the microskop  find out the scientific truth and shame the devil
Thousands of years ago, people believed that if they make too much noise that the sky will fall on their heads grin cheesy . they also believed that  the earth is flat and if u walk too far u will fall out of the earth. Today we know better  cool
Today we live in the 21st century where research and scientific facts has put light on alot of dark mysteries and myths. The time for she said, he said, they said is out.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by nawa1(m): 9:48am On Sep 10, 2007
i also heard (they say) that, some time ago, there was this. . . but i'm yet to see it myself.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by NaJaHaJe(f): 10:08am On Sep 10, 2007
@To all those expressing belief

Do you people understand the difference between folk tales and reality.

Thats like the Romans and Greek saying Hercules actually lived on this earth and possessed super human powers.

People stop and think!!!! unbelievable
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by oyie(f): 10:12am On Sep 10, 2007
I KNOW THIS TREE IN QUESTION.

HMMM,ITS VERY TALL.TALL O!

HMM,BUT IF I DESCRIBE IT OR TELL THE LOCATION, shocked shocked

THIS THREAD WILL CATCH FIRE AND UR PCS WILL GET OJEBAJUE VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin cheesy wink

ITS GOOD TO BE NOTTY AT TIMES
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by presido1: 10:38am On Sep 10, 2007
Besteric:

Most of you guys who grew up in Europe and America hardly believe anything African,, these Nnunu ebe(Anunu ebe) exist in parts of Igboland ,,, even in Orlu in Imo state where i come from,,,
There s also another mysterious plant known as Ahihia Nju(Afifia Nju) that makes one lose his senses for some minutes when it touches you thereby making you wander in the forest for some time until your senses return,
Its no myth,, been a victim anyway,, LOL grin grin grin grin grin
yes my brother in Orlu they call it Anunu ebe and the other plant they call it akwukwu nwa njunju infact i have even seen a victim of akwukwo njunju but have not seen the plant itself ad have not seen the anunu ebe tree.
Brother which part of Orlu are u from from.

They was an untarred spot in a tarred road going from Aba to Uyo or Calabar, a friend of my from that village told me that their was a three in that spot, during the construction of that road it took the contractors hell to bring down that three. When they finally does the spot refused to be tarred. As at 2000 the spot was there and i saw it myself. Anybody from this village or have seen the spot should hola back. I have forgotten the name of the village but its the next town going from Aba to Uyo or Calabar.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Kashif(m): 10:44am On Sep 10, 2007
We are still waiting for science on Bemuda triangle. We are still waiting for science on the origin of existence.Only fools lean solely on thier understanding!! Go deep into science and see it is rooted in the supernatural (esoteric). You can't know beyond your exposure. The more I read about unidirectional thinking, the more I sink into despair. The shrines in my village were vandalised and sold to whites.

Here we read/know the microns and we begin to make noise about empirical reasoning. Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kalabari Traditional Wedding Culture in Rivers State / Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Celebrates His Birthday At His Palace In Ile-ife / Becheve: Cross River Community Where Unborn Baby Girls Are Betrothed To Aged Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.