Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? (8979 Views)

When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? / For The Ladies: Moving Out Of Your Parent's House, Yay Or Nay? / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by HotieTima(f): 1:21pm On Sep 07, 2011
Why Cant A Girl Go Back  To Her Motherland When She leave Her Husband  Home

I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE TALK TOO MUCH CRAP WHEN A MARRIED GIRL COMES HOME COZ SHE HAD PROBLEM AT HER MARRIAGE HOME.

undecided undecided undecided U DON'T LIVE WITH THEM, U DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT SHE MAYBE GOING THROUGH AT THAT HOUSE BEHIND CLOSE DOOR.

SO Y IS IT A CRIME FOR HER TO COME BACK TO HER PARENTS HOUSE, THAT'S WHERE U FOUND HER THAT WHERE SHE SPENT HER WHOLE LIFE GROWING UP INTO THE WOMAN U MARRIED.

SO IF SHE CAN'T GO TO HER OWN HOME WHERE ELSE TO U THINK SHE NEED TO GO ON THE STREETS.  undecided undecided

SO Y DO PEOPLE TALK TOO MUCH CRAP WHEN A MARRIED COME TO BACK TO HER OWN HOME. 
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Goldieluks: 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2011
Because in African culture,it is a general belief that a married women should remain in
her husband's house,through thick or thin. the day she decides to leave her husband's
house for her parents house, is the beginning of torments,abuse,disrespect,
and so on,both from her younger ones(if she has one),neighbours,even friends and parents sometimes.

This issue is very arguable and complicated,especially in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by HotieTima(f): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2011
but what happens if the problem iss to much for one to handle  undecided undecided undecided

your suppose to stay there and put up with it,

i swear the African culture need to end now 

i know it only in Africa i tell u
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2011
Its a taboo and shame to her and her family embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by HotieTima(f): 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2011
but y do black people make such a big deal out of it
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by cantell(m): 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2011
Hotie Tima:

but y do black people make such a big deal out of it
Because it's a big deal!
This girls sef!
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by HotieTima(f): 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2011
cantell:

Because it's a big deal!
This girls sef!

lord if u can't give me a good answer don't start anything with me pls  undecided undecided undecided

coz i want to know y this happens is that a crime  now
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by cantell(m): 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2011
^^Blondieluks answered your question but then i guess you need to see other people's opinion.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by HotieTima(f): 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2011
cantell:

^^Blondieluks answered your question but then i guess you need to see other people's opinion.

wow u think  undecided undecided undecided

coz i believe it's bull not to return home when u need to
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by cantell(m): 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2011
^^i don't know what you think or believe.
I don't care.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Mynd44: 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2011
Silly culture
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by deniyor: 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2011
Like Goldieluks said, we africans are not so keen on quitting marriages for the flimsiest of reasons like you believe.
Marriage is a for better or worse. The only time I would support a lady quitting is when her life is in danger.
So before you choose a guy or a marriage partner, look well cos from the moment you say I do, your marriage is your cross to carry. You make whatever you want out of it.

1 Like

Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by lepasharon(f): 10:14pm On Sep 07, 2011
another qweshion,why is it frowned upon in naija wen a woman divorces her husband?? angry
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Russialane(m): 10:24pm On Sep 07, 2011
@goldieluks lol grin a married women hmmmmmm
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Russialane(m): 10:29pm On Sep 07, 2011
its a big deal when you are married off you are expected to stick with your husband, no matter the situation because a dowry has been paid on your head, or easy explanation you have been sold off, smiley
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by adconline(m): 12:26am On Sep 08, 2011
Why dont you legally divorce your husband and get some alimony/settlement to rent your OWN house
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by MrsChima1(f): 12:31am On Sep 08, 2011
deniyor:

Like Goldieluks said, we africans are not so keen on quitting marriages for the flimsiest of reasons like you believe.
Marriage is a for better or worse. The only time I would support a lady quitting is when her life is in danger.
So before you choose a guy or a marriage partner, look well cos from the moment you say I do, your marriage is your cross to carry. You make whatever you want out of it.

What if the wives are being abused and lives are threatened and they informed the parents.  The parents tell them to stay there and take it.  What would you suggest for them to do next?
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by HotieTima(f): 12:59am On Sep 08, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

What if the wives are being abused and life are threatened and they informed the parents. The parents tell them to stay there and take it. What would you suggest for them to do next?

i swear i want to know ooo someone please tell me what the hell do u do then. undecided undecided undecided stay and get abuse coz people will talk crap when u go bck home

cantell:

^^i don't know what you think or believe.
I don't care.

u freind needs to get a life i have come across ur kind, so please go use ur energy else where is is needed from huh. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by annita19(f): 1:35am On Sep 08, 2011
Why should a grown ass woman go back to her parents house after a crash marriage? maybe that is part of African culture but to me it's also a sign of weakness and total failure. In my world the word INDEPENDENT is pretty much alive irrespective of how wealthy your/my family is.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by deniyor: 1:39am On Sep 08, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

What if the wives are being abused and lives are threatened and they informed the parents.  The parents tell them to stay there and take it.  What would you suggest for them to do next?

I said a woman who is being abused or whose life is threatened should quit. Whether her family is with her or not, she has to take that stance and leave the dude. It's also her decision, not her family, if she wants to go back to him.

I come from a family that believes that a man and woman tough it out. But we will never support anyone beating his wife or a member of the family being beaten by the husband. The family house has always been a safe haven for everyone no matter what. However, get ready for the talk that tells you to go back to work things out if there is no abuse or life threat.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by annita19(f): 1:40am On Sep 08, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Suggest they get out of the marriage and get their own shit together. That is when the word independent comes in. So my actual point is,  no woman should rely on men because they are horrible people to rely on in financial areas of life
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by deniyor: 1:45am On Sep 08, 2011
And yeah, women should be able to take care of themselves either being single or in a relationship/marriage. Tht goes without saying.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 08, 2011
Who cares about what society thinks or what the neighbours will say undecided undecided undecided If my husband happen to beat the phuck out of me or something serious happend in my house, do you expect me to sit at the road side and cry? HELL TO THE NO! I will run as fast as I can to my mom house. To hell with traditions/culture or whatever you want to call it. I take the good ones, and drop the bad.

A girl may married and go to her husband house, but her mother house will always be her home. Same goes to the man.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 08, 2011
deniyor:

And yeah, women should be able to take care of themselves either being single or in a relationship/marriage. Tht goes without saying.
Yaa women need to learn to be independent, take care of themselves etc etc. And no one is saying that is wrong. . . but we are emotional beings and we need emotional support. No matter how independent a person's is, they will need support once in a while.
And I see absolutely and I say ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with going to your family in time of need. My mother is my parachute
and I will run to her anytime I fall. Any man who can not deal with that, can run to the next available woman.

And as for Society, phuck them! Its my life.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by annita19(f): 2:30am On Sep 08, 2011
Well lipsrsealed
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by HotieTima(f): 2:35am On Sep 08, 2011
rokiatu:

Yaa women need to learn to be independent, take care of themselves etc etc. And no one is saying that is wrong. . . but we are emotional beings and we need emotional support. No matter how independent a person's is, they will need support once in a while.
And I see absolutely and I say ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with going to your family in time of need. My mother is my parachute
and I will run to her anytime I fall. Any man who can not deal with that, can run to the next available woman.

And as for Society, phuck them! Its my life.

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by tEsLim(m): 3:08am On Sep 08, 2011
I know of a lady that says she's ashamed to go back. And to start seeing all old neighbors asking her what happened. And looking at her as a failure.

Well I advice rent a small studio flat insead of moving to parent house. It might be difficult to adapt back home. Washing dishes, sweeping permanently in the old house you grew. And being monitored like a baby again. Because you will never grow up from your parents view
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by HotieTima(f): 3:14am On Sep 08, 2011
tEsLim:

I know of a lady that says she's ashamed to go back. And to start seeing all old neighbors asking her what happened. And looking at her as a failure.

Well I advice rent a small studio flat insead of moving to parent house. It might be difficult to adapt back home. Washing dishes, sweeping permanently in the old house you grew. And being monitored like a baby again. Because you will never grow up from your parents view

well i don't go for that idea now renting a flat that's even worse to me i swear

coz that time of life when things get out of control u need ur parents to be there, that's y they are called parent's for a reason. coz no matter where in life we go we will some how always need they help, even if it's mean coming form ur marriage home to feel at home.

but thanks for ur answer tho smiley smiley
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by tEsLim(m): 3:36am On Sep 08, 2011
Move in with a friend that is living alone , a good friend. Else go back home. I left home very early dont know if I can go back to live with mum anymore lol. Well I'm a guy and dont think there will be a reason to do that, Even when I go drop my kids for holiday I dont stay more than an hour or 2 and I'm out.

Yoruba says: Oke ni omo iyan dun (The relationship is sweeter from distance)
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by HotieTima(f): 3:44am On Sep 08, 2011
tEsLim:

Move in with a friend that is living alone , a good friend. Else go back home. I left home very early dont know if I can go back to live with mum anymore lol. Well I'm a guy and dont think there will be a reason to do that, Even when I go drop my kids for holiday I dont stay more than an hour or 2 and I'm out.

Yoruba says: Oke ni omo iyan dun (The relationship is sweeter from distance)

well ur a man so that's understand

not for us
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Theblessed(f): 3:47am On Sep 08, 2011
[size=16pt]How do you mean - verbal, psychological or physical push and shove kind of fight with the hubby, you mean? 

Depend on what kind of fight o o o, man dey pass things, you know? If na psychological warfare kind, to a degree, the lady can deal with that and if the body language gets hotter than necessary, as long as l remain my Papa's daughter, me don go home o o o and never return (unless my kids insist I return - not him!!) because at home, my room still dey vacant and I have peace, and where to stay no go be palaver at all, trust me!

Marriage suppose to be full of joy, love and affection and not, battlefield of any kind.  And when it becomes a constant battlefield, love is out of the window as damage, had already been done! Only sorry for the victims - the kids. sad sad sad

[/size]
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by HotieTima(f): 3:50am On Sep 08, 2011
well something like that i was trying to find the right word but it was doing mine head in.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Maltreated My Wife: Now She Wants To Leave Me / Is This Also Part Of Marriage Romance? / Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.