Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers (8291 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / Non-indigenous Groups In Lagos Endorse Akinwunmi Ambode’s Governorship Ambition / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by mbatuku1: 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2011
Pls dont be surprised. T. A Orji is a slowpoke. Dont associate him with Igbos. No right-thinking Igbo will be in support of this idiotic action.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by aljharem3: 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2011
mbatuku1:

Pls dont be surprised. T. A Orji is a slowpoke. Dont associate him with Igbos. No right-thinking Igbo will be in support of this idiotic action.

it has nothing to do with igbo.

he is just like other corrupt politicaians we have in this country

it is only an ideeeiot that would name ethnic groups here
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by bashydemy(m): 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2011
alj_harem:

are u mad or something ?
No am not mad saying what i believe is right
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by EFFRAKATA: 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2011
yomola:

U have said it all Bro!
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by friedrice1: 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2011
I thought the ediot promised to create 15million jobs during his reign
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by dagboss(m): 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2011
I hope the story is not true if it is true, then that governor must be a lunatic. Supposing Gov BRF of Lagos decides to toe his line and sack all Abia women teaching in Lagos public schools?
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Nymphnode(m): 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2011
htajz:

most states in nigeria dont even employ non indigens so dis no be news
Tell me some more
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by kosoro: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2011
[size=14pt]Discrimination![/size] [size=14pt]Dumb policy, dumb Governor.[/size]
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by executinal(m): 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2011
Orji must have smoked the wrong leave before vomiting this trash. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by doctokwus: 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2011
@tex,u talk wel.I felt disapointd wen orji was re elected,fraudulently or not,it was den I gave up on dt state calld abia because its obvious d pple could not see dt its beta dey die in refusin d impositon of theodore orji dan face d livin hell dt awaits dem as long as he's in power,damned state,doubly damned people!
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by member479760: 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2011
God forgot to create the black-person that will bring development to our land and to Africa as a whole. so therefore lets seek alternative which is begging whiteman to come back to finish the job their forefather started.

- in Ibom if the oil is not coming out in your village then you dont have right for oil money!
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by ektbear: 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2011
Why is this wrong?

Does Abia have no capable indigenes to serve in these civil servant positions?

Or should the assistant of the LG chairman be from Zamfara or Enugu?

Man I dunno, maybe I'm thinking about this in a foolish way
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by jason123: 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2011
This is just funny and SAD! Should we call this tribalism or stupidity Imagine if the same thing is replicated in Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Port harcourt and Delta?? Once again, a very stupid move!
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Chyz2: 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2011
jason123:

This is just funny and SAD! Should we call this tribalism or stupidity Imagine if the same thing is replicated in Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Port harcourt and Delta?? Once again, a very silly move!

Can't call it tribalism Igbos not from that state will be layed off of there jobs too. Orji is the biggest fool ever, next to Elechi Amadi, ever!
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2011
Talk about setting a precedent for a dangerous trend  undecided

Outrageously stupid move
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by jason123: 9:32pm On Sep 09, 2011
Chyz*:

Can't call it tribalism Igbos not from that state will be layed off of there jobs too. Orji is the biggest fool ever, next to Elechi Amadi, ever!

Then we have to call it STUPIDITY!  sad embarassed
I mean, who will lose?? Abia state or Nigerians? Really, Nigerians need to wake up and stop electing leaders like this!
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by texazzpete(m): 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

Why is this wrong?

Does Abia have no capable indigenes to serve in these civil servant positions?

Or should the assistant of the LG chairman be from Zamfara or Enugu?

Man I dunno, maybe I'm thinking about this in a foolish way

Are you on crack?!
Who are you and what have you done to ekt_bear?
You DEFINITELY are thinking about this in a foolish way. We're supposed to be one Nigeria and someone is hinting about pursuing school teachers, ministry employees, state and local government workers etc just because they come from another state, yet you see nothing overtly wrong in this?

Answer this: Would you like being constrained to work or earn money from just one state in Nigeria?
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by ektbear: 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2011
Ah, I'm not a one-Nigerianist.

"Abia for Abians" would align more with my philosophy.

It is their homeland, they should get the first crack at government jobs in it. Assuming that qualified indigenes exist, that is.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by ektbear: 9:48pm On Sep 09, 2011
With that said, if Abians feel that anyone (indigene or not) should be able to get government jobs in their state. . . more power to 'em.

But my point is that the final decision should lie with them, not with any 3rd party (or external force.)
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by ektbear: 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2011
texazzpete:

Answer this: Would you like being constrained to work or earn money from just one state in Nigeria?

The only government job I have any interest in is to become governor of my state. And if Nigeria falls apart, then national politics in my new country  grin

Or for what reason should I be seeking a civil servant position in another man's state?
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Abagworo(m): 10:10pm On Sep 09, 2011
Let the truth be told,Abia is the only State in Nigeria where non-indigenes hold most postss in civil service.My State Imo is not even like that.The LGAs in Aba are mostly ruled by Imo and Anambra indigenes.Same with market unions,Hospitals and transport union.Many people from my villa work in Abia but I have never met an Abia man in our civil service.

The Governors decision is however wrong because it might result to an unhealthy dichotomy as non-indigenes comprise a very large chunk of Abia population.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by iwonbaoko1: 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2011
what about lagos?
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by femmy2010(m): 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2011
This is a bad move by Gov.Orji.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Cypost: 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2011
This guy a slowpoke who has nothing to offer. Do we call this racism, tribalism or statism. Bear in mind this has nothing to do with minimum wage.

Few years ago this bastards T Orji stop paying monthly pension of retired non indigines. He just wokeup one morning and viola go back to your state Abia cannot continue to pay u. That how my old woman pension and gratuity went with the wind. I cannot remember d lame excuse he gave them. Is only God will deliver us from this category of people.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by texazzpete(m): 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

With that said, if Abians feel that anyone (indigene or not) should be able to get government jobs in their state. . . more power to 'em.

But my point is that the final decision should lie with them, not with any 3rd party (or external force.)

How is this any different from Boko Haram members deciding that infidels should not be left unmolested in their states?

We are supposed to be one Nation. All this talk about States is just silly. Even an Igbo man from Anambra stands to be thrown out from Abia state as a 'non-indigene'.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by dragz: 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2011
meet the igbos,the most tribalist,rude and unethical people in d world.and they want to get positions in lag,i dey laugh o!
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by aloyemeka1: 11:29pm On Sep 09, 2011
texazzpete:

Excellent!

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not applauding the move, i think it is quite possibly the most imbecilic thing any politician can ever think of doing. But i'm not surprised. When I served in Abia state, that was the only state in Nigeria where Local Govt council officials were openly scheming Corps members out of the Polio + Vitamin C immunization campaign just to put their own people there. As one councillor muttered to my hearing[b] "Why should Corper come and take our job"?[/b]

No, why I'm happy is that schemes like these will visit suffering upon many of the masses in Abia State.

So the comment made by a councillor determines the overall behavior of Abia people?.Apparently, you are not a Nigerian because many states did the same when new ones were created. Ondo state expelled all Ekiti indigenes back to their states, Anambra(If I'm not mistaken) did the same for Anambra indigenes, Edo fired all Deltans working at Benin, Lets not talk about Oyo and Osun states, Many middle Beltan states did the same .  It is very surprising how you are hearing this sort of thing for the first time. Very surprising indeed and sounds to me more like an inherent hatred for the people of Abia. Were you not the same bugger who called Igbo people "treacherous" few years ago here on Nairaland?. I have a very good memory you know. undecided undecided undecided undecided

texazzpete:

You see, suffering is the only thing that can drive Nigerians to redeem themselves. The people of Edo State rose up against the PDP after 8 years of disastrous misrule by PDP's Lucky Igbinedion (Curses be Upon Him!). The sight of the usually tribalistic Bini people protesting violently against the election of their fellow bini brother gave the clear message that these people were fed up, they had suffered enough and wanted no more of the party that gave them Lucky Igbinedion (Thrice Accursed!).

How has Oshiomole changed Edo/Bini people?. When did it become the function of government to change the overall mentality of people?. Are you saying that prostitution which is very prevalent in Edo is as a result of their immoral governor?. The same Bini people who petitioned the pope about Igbos few months ago?. Was Igbinedion also in power when they petitioned the pope and the president on the issue of VC?

texazzpete:

The people of Imo State were even more creditable! They cast aside Ohakim after just 4 years of suffering! They must be applauded for their rejection of suffering, even more that the good people of benin.

Voting out Ohakim has nothing to do with the issue at hand. The people of Imo state can still(if they are not doing it now) discriminate against non indigenes under Rochas. Nigerians are generally like that, if you are not Yoruba, good luck if you intend to become a top pastor in Redeem church; If you are from Osun, good luck if you intend to have a good career as a civil servant in Oyo state; if you are not from Edo, good luck with your career in Christ Embassy; If you are not Igbo, good luck with a career in the movie industry; if you are not Hausa/Fulani, good luck with your career in FG contracts and so on.

texazzpete:

So now we come to Abia State. Even with all the years of Godfatherism, political killings and unchecked Kidnapping (the most brainless, senseless and bloodthirsty kidnappers in Nigeria are based there) they still elected the same crooks that have been dealing with them. Even with all the lack of development and rampant theft of state funds!

So you know the den of kidnappers?. Last time I checked, Abia produced a kidnapping kingpin[osisikakuw] like Edo produced Iyamu, Oyo produced Oyenusi and Shina Rambo, Delta produced Anini etc. So, does it mean that the most brainless,senseless and bloodthirsty armed robbers are from Oyo state?.

texazzpete:

So the only conclusion is that they have not suffered enough. Perhaps when they suffer more in the next 4 years, they'll grow the cojones to do what must be done. If not, we'll continue looking at them with pity  grin.
Shame has failed to redeem Nigerians. perhaps suffering will? We'll see.

So, Edo is now living in paradise since they voted in Oshiomole[having suffered enough]?. Imo is now paradise after Ohakim left? Lest I forget, Ajimobi has transformed Ibadan into Pretoria since the people of Oyo got tired and kicked Akala out?. How about Ekiti post Ayo Fayose? Still impoverished or are they very prosperous now.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by iwonbaoko1: 11:45pm On Sep 09, 2011
LET US FORGET IT This is the yibbo way .they call it yibbo sense
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by ChinenyeN(m): 1:03am On Sep 10, 2011
Perfect. Now, all that is left is to deport non-indigenes back to their rightful culture-zone in Abia and we can begin the seamless division between Aba and Abia.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by ChinenyeN(m): 1:04am On Sep 10, 2011
A deportation like this occurring nationwide would be Nigeria's best bet for a simple and almost seamless disintegration.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Chyz2: 1:25am On Sep 10, 2011
ChinenyeN:

A deportation like this occurring nationwide would be Nigeria's best bet for a simple and almost seamless disintegration.

True.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by ChinenyeN(m): 1:28am On Sep 10, 2011
It's apparently beginning to get to that point too. We should all just support nationwide deportation of non-indigenes. Ijaws though better not try any foolish stunts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Aki And Paw Paw's Visit To Flood Victims Camp In Delta State / Why Did Pastor Bosun warn nigerians against APC? / Budget Padding: The Scandal That Refuses To Go Away- Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.