Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:58 AM

Men Who Call Police On Their Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Who Call Police On Their Wives (3418 Views)

Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / updated: Dem Don Call Police for me O, False alarm on child Abuse. / Why Do Husbands Get Bored Of Their Wives Soon After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by ukTosh(f): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2011
Should a man call the police if there is an argument in the house?
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by ronkebp(f): 6:30pm On Sep 07, 2011
Arguements? NO!!, killing eachother?? YES!!!!
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by N101: 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2011
If there is a threat of violence, or to the life and the wellbeing of the occupants then yes. If it's just a loud domestic argument, then no.
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by dominique(f): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2011
i think its the other way around. in most cases, its the woman that calls the police on their husbands cos the men are more intimidating.
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by Outstrip(f): 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2011
Call the police because of an argument. I think people that abuse the emergency system should be arrested when the police get there. There might be someone else whose life depends on the line and some thing else is calling to report that their spouse is looking at them funny
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by obowunmi(m): 1:27am On Sep 08, 2011
Call family first not police.

Unless wife has a gun or a knife.
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by nassiwa: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2011
Why would a man call police just because of an argument with his wife? He just needs to settle things with his woman. if he can't, then a friend or relative can help out but not involving the police.
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by lastpage: 4:46pm On Jan 27, 2012
What if the argument degenerated into "a hot slap" GBOAM! On his face! shocked shocked
Is he entitled/allowed to call the Police at that stage?

If not, what does he do?

Lastpage.

BTW: I will invert that question and ask it the other way round:
What if teh argument degenerated into " a hot slap" GBOAM on her face? cry cry
Is she entitled/allowed to call the Police at that stage? wink wink
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by ronkebp(f): 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
@^^^^^ LASTPAGE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, NO!!!! i WILL NOT CALL THE COPS ON HIM YET!!!
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 27, 2012
The only instances a man should call the police on his wife:

01) The wife is wielding a gun.
02) The wife is wielding a machete.
03) The wife is wielding a knife.
04) The wife is wielding an axe.

This is assuming the man has enough time to make the call (like he's barricaded himself in a room with no exit). grin It's also assuming he's not in Nigeria - the NPF may ask for "fuel money" before they send a unit to intervene. grin

05) The wife is dangling one of their children from a window higher than ground floor level.
06) The wife is threatening to step out of a window higher than ground floor level.
07) The wife is threatening to slit her wrists with a knife larger and sharper than a table knife.

In all, never under estimate the strength or size of a woman. I've seen women big and tough enough to give Larry Holmes a workout. embarassed
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by emmatok(m): 9:29pm On Jan 27, 2012
dominique:

i think its the other way around. in most cases, its the woman that calls the police on their husbands cos the men are more intimidating.

I the law made for women only?

It is better to call the police on your wife, before she turns you to an abuser.
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by freecocoa(f): 6:44am On Jan 28, 2012
How can he call the cops cos of an argument? Inshort if he even calls them,they'll tell him to go and sort it out say na family matter.
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 28, 2012
Why should he call the police? Is he not a man grin
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by emmatok(m): 11:34am On Jan 28, 2012
freecocoa:

How can he call the cops cos of an argument? Inshort if he even calls them,they'll tell him to go and sort it out say na family matter.

But if the woman call the COPS, the man will be arrested. tongue tongue tongue

The law must be made for women undecided undecided undecided.
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2012
emmatok:

You've got a point there.
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by Outstrip(f): 5:55pm On Jan 28, 2012
emmatok:

That is a lie. A woman cannot call the cops over and argument and the cops will arrest the man because he was arguing with the woman. Geez
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by fside234: 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2012
If 1 of dem wan kill the oda YES.if not e no make sense.
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 28, 2012
Outstrip:

That is a lie. A woman cannot call the cops over and argument and the cops will arrest the man because he was arguing with the woman. Geez

I think what he means is, in most society, (Nigeria in particular) a woman calling the cops, alleging she was attacked by her husband is most likely to get responded to. And if the reverse was the case, i.e a guy calls the cops, stating his wife attacked him, would most likely be met with derision, and is less likely to get responded to.
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by moremi2008(m): 8:47pm On Jan 28, 2012
Why not? If the woman is acting violent and the man wants to avoid an escalating situation, then he should call the cops and have them handle the situation. Both men and women pay the taxes that pay those cops' salaries.
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by AlmondDeJoy: 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
Why waste time calling the police when your life is not in danger? undecided
I would encourage any MAN OR WOMAN in a marriage to call the police if he or she feels threatened in ANY WAY.
I have done it before and it worked like magic! cool
THE ONLY LANGUAGE NIGERIAN MEN UNDERSTAND. . . WHEN THEY GO OUT OF LINE!
Men are mostly the abusers. . .not women. WOMEN ONLY LEARN AFTER BEING TAUGHT BY THE MEN!
Domestic violence is a part of an AFRICAN/NIGERIAN MAN'S LIFE!
You learn to deal with them SQUARELY! cool
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 28, 2013
Any man that cannot bring order and peace into his home without an external influence aside God is not fit to be called a husband.its either he should remain a bachelor and leave in his fathers house or alone with 'the boys' as long as he chooses to remain immature.afterall being a man is not only about being able to impregnate a woman because everything that has a penis is capable of impregnating a female,even 14 year olds can impregnate
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by Nobody: 2:17am On Jan 28, 2013
Almond De Joy: Why waste time calling the police when your life is not in danger? undecided
I would encourage any MAN OR WOMAN in a marriage to call the police if he or she feels threatened in ANY WAY.
Men are mostly the abusers. . .not women. WOMEN ONLY LEARN AFTER BEING TAUGHT BY THE MEN!
Domestic violence is a part of an AFRICAN/NIGERIAN MAN'S LIFE!
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 28, 2013
Almond De Joy: Why waste time calling the police when your life is not in danger? undecided
Domestic violence is a part of an AFRICAN/NIGERIAN' MAN'S LIFE!
exactly and thats why i was impressed with my father when he made my brother inlaw sign an agreement on the day of my sisters introduction that anyday he hits her violently,he will be arrested and prosecuted.since 1o years ago they have been living peacefully.lol,i was particularly amused when my inlaws exclaimed in shock and then my father said its either he signs this papers or look for hus wife elsewhere,this is how i want it in my family and thats final.he can verbally attack her,ignore her,ignore her food and all when they have issues or when he wants to drive home a point but the day of doom for him is when he physically abuses or attacks her.moreso sef i've not heard of women physically attacking their husbands except in nollywood comic movies so domestic violence especially in africa is usually a man thing
Re: Men Who Call Police On Their Wives by Princess1982(f): 6:19am On Jan 28, 2013
For a argument no, the police should be out solving crimes not breaking up argument between a husband or a wife. However were I live if you call the police for a argument somebody could get charged with disturbing the peace or disorderly conduct. I know of a mother who called the police on her son for a argument and thats the charges he received the punishment is usually just a fine.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Disrespectful For A Wife To Expect Her Husband To Help With Chores? / The Alake Of Egbaland, Oba Micheal Adedotun Gbadebo / EASY PROPERTY: Buy 2,3&4 Bedroom Semi-Detached &Terrace Duplex @Urban Prime Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.