Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! (11206 Views)

Free Driving Lessons For 20 People / Driving Lessons: How Long Does It Take To Learn And Get A Drivers License? / Your First Driving Lessons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by queen2(f): 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2007
Good luck gal

Lol i mean i have this aunt and she has da money to buy a car but her problem is she's too scared to drive i mean dat is a bad spirit, anywayz im praying for her.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by katherinae(f): 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2007
keep the candle burning for what.

if u like dont go and learn how to drive, keep sitting there and waiting for driver.
look here woman, just keep ur freaking eyes on the road, and try not to run over anything on two legs.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by katherinae(f): 11:03pm On Sep 20, 2007

if u like dont go and learn how to drive, keep sitting there and waiting for driver.  
look here woman, just keep ur freaking eyes on the road, and try not to run over anything on two legs.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by anusule(m): 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2007
started driving when i waz jst 13.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by amaikama(m): 9:02am On Sep 21, 2007
patience and determination is ur key words my dear and few broken headlight is all you take to be perfect. grin
and if no broken headlight, hmmm!! you are not yet perfect. grin good luck.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by LadyM1: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2007
The best driving school here in lagos is AA RESUE, headoffice is in dolphin branches, VGC, Abuja,Surulere, Apapa, Ikeja.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by sultaan(m): 5:51am On Sep 22, 2007
katherinae:

if u like don't go and learn how to drive, keep sitting there and waiting for driver.
look here woman, just keep your freaking eyes on the road, and try not to run over anything on two legs.

So you think its okay if[i] it[/i]has one leg , or is in a wheel chair grin grin grin

OmO learn to use all your mirrors, they are not there for make-up. watch you blind spot.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by tenik: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2007
Rules,
Dont be intimidated. make use of ur break, if u cant go further. learn with all ur senses and believe you can do it, in a matter of time, you will get the road fever. Goodluck sweet!
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by viglen: 6:28am On Sep 29, 2007
Try and be patient and careful, do not drive with speed, and don't try to impress anybody you are carrying or ppl around you, just be yourself, It took me 3 consistent days of practice and determination to learn mine, It was with 230 V boot manual, I had difficulty initially with driving in congested area, but I have overcome that. And I am proud to say that I have never had any kind of accident or scratch nor matter how minor, The ignition may go on and off esply in congested areas using gear one when you frequently apply breaks and accelerator without proper use of clutch, these are common problems, let them not discourage you.

If you can overcome fear by being yourself at all times whenever you are on the road, observe the trafffic rules and all that, there is nothing difficult in it, perfection will come by constant practice and consistency.

3 Likes

Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by funfavour(f): 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2007
am also taking driving lessons , i knw d drill
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by finekid(m): 9:17pm On Oct 13, 2007
@ Amigoz and funfavour
Wish you successful driving sessions and fast mastery of the wheels.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by sultaan(m): 6:00am On Oct 14, 2007
Why don't you put a big red flag on the cars so we'll all know to stay back grin grin

Driving is like dancing, try making all the moves without bumping into others. Try driving around lines in an empty lot so you can get a feel of the car, then you'll know how far to turn the wheels, where your tire is, go zigzag in reverse, and parallel park(most exciting part of driving)g'luck
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by arsenalfan: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2007
I also attended a driving school for six saturdays where i learnt with a manual car.I however just realized that dirving a manual and an automatic car are different ball games.i picked up my car from the dealer on saturday and was driven home by a friend.While trying to drive myself between saturday and sunday,i damaged the side mirror while trying to enter thrugh my gate,i ran into a ditch somewhere close to the house and damaged a tyre,i also damaged a fence pillar at home while trying to re park the car at home.Tha car is just too fast for me.Right now,i have parked the car at home because it was not a pleasant experience at all.

3 Likes

Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by biggerboy(m): 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2007
Eh,sorry.You probably need more training with an automati car.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by queen2(f): 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2008
me too , i need to create time oh
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by mahobi: 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2015
calyx:
Can anyone recommend a good driving school in Lagos?
Their address or numbers wanted,
There's another at Newroad bus stop beside slot, before chevron. They are quite good and very cheap too. My brother learnt from there.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by mahobi: 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
Someone told me about this website. http://drivingschool.com.ng

You can get more information about driving schools near you, that are cheap.

1 Like

Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 30, 2016
ell77:
lol. Well I think it is supposed to be easier to leanr to drive an auto than a manual so if its speed of learning you want then I dont think you have anything to worry about. I chose to learn manual to have a choice over any car rather than limit myself, but it is harder and takes longer to learn.
not true at all, i would give anything to drive a manual o er an auto and the manual has so many advantages.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by Alphaoscar: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2016
mahobi:
Someone told me about this website. http://drivingschool.com.ng

You can get more information about driving schools near you, that are cheap.

You need to improve on your site.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by Yewandequeen(f): 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
arsenalfan:
I also attended a driving school for six saturdays where i learnt with a manual car.I however just realized that dirving a manual and an automatic car are different ball games.i picked up my car from the dealer on saturday and was driven home by a friend.While trying to drive myself between saturday and sunday,i damaged the side mirror while trying to enter thrugh my gate,i ran into a ditch somewhere close to the house and damaged a tyre,i also damaged a fence pillar at home while trying to re park the car at home.Tha car is just too fast for me.Right now,i have parked the car at home because it was not a pleasant experience at all.
only you all these?! Chai I suppose tear ticket for you.
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by fabienjoe: 3:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
Yewandequeen:
only you all these?! Chai I suppose tear ticket for you.

No surprises..she's an arsenal fan..
Re: Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! by Yewandequeen(f): 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
fabienjoe:

No surprises..she's an arsenal fan..
what does that even mean?

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of "One Way" Roads In Lagos / Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 / Incoming North American Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.