Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles (11695 Views)

GEJ Launches G_WIN (pics) / GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women / GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by OAM4J: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2011
Last Friday I launched a comprehensive database on all Vehicles in Nigeria designed to link every vehicle to its owner/operator such that vehicles can be traced within seconds. This is part of proactive steps we are taking as part of a review of our national security architecture to lay greater emphasis on intelligence and citizens' participation in security surveillance. Terrorism has no conscience and spares no one. We must stand together against terror in its destructive manifestations. GEJ
https://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by swagdude(m): 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2011
simply NICE! G.E.J is not chicken! WE SHOULD LEARN TO PRAY FOR OUR LEADERS AND NOT INSULT AND RAIN CURSES ON THEM! All the EVIL happenings are taking place so as to distract him from his goals! and i am GLAD that he is not distracted! PLEASE PRAY FOR YOUR PRESIDENT NIGERIANS!!! One Love! wink[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by violent(m): 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2011
good initiative
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Bawss1(m): 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2011
Interesting. Who mans this database?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by kulutempa: 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2011
What about a database of all police officers in the country and a database of all those who have been arrested for serious criminal offences?  We know that police officers are sometimes involved in serious crimes and such databases would help track down criminals as well as monitor law enforcement activity in various parts of the country.  The vehicle database is a good start but it shows that our government never takes any action unless their interests are directly threatened.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Exponental(m): 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2011
In as much as I hate terrorism, I want say terrorism is widening d thinking scope of d govt. Alot can be done to cut down unemployment. Lapses, fake ds, fake dat can be eliminated if thre is a centralised database for monitoring genuity. Drivers license, vehicle paper n so many shld be worked upon. We av d satellite, make it more effective.

Good move though!
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by kizito96(m): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2011
Thanks to Boko Haram, they have made us to wake up.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by forkadict(m): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2011
Thank God! Finally this Jona guy don soji small.

But oga Presido, First things first. I expect the major custodian or operator of this database to be the police. If so, then how ready is the police for this? How many police stations have desktop computers let alone laptops? Then how many of them are computer literate? I am not talking about playing and watching nollywood movies on a PC. I am talking about being comfortable with the basic microsoft packages at least.

Then oga presido, this idea can be extended to fight car theft/hijacking also by making it compulsory for all car owners to register their cars and also making it compulsory for anyone who want to buy any car to first obtain clearance from the police by running the engine & chasis number of the intended vehicle thru the database to ensure that it aint in the bank as a stolen vehicle. That way, if my car is stolen, all i need to do is to go report the incident at a police station and the particulars of my car gets fed into the databank as a stolen vehicle. So if anyone wants to purchase the car and he goes to the police to obtain clearance, the system should pop up a message that the vehicle is a stolen vehicle and the intending buyer of such stolen vehicles would be mandated to go with the police to the purchase point for retrieval of such vehicles. Very simple idea but it will require massive investment.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Fhemmmy: 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2011
Anyone has a link to the web link for the database . . . .
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by antonion(m): 1:22pm On Sep 08, 2011
OAM4J:

is this data base similor to a Car Tracker?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by antonion(m): 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2011
OAM4J:

what if they Hack you database.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by texazzpete(m): 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2011
It is far more likely that kidnappers and armed robbers will be able to trace their victims-to-be by merely copying down their license numbers, running the plate numbers through their cronies that work with the database and then pay the unsuspecting victims a visit.

As far as i'm concerned, the GEJ administration deserves knocks for security data management (Wait, don't call me a hater just yet!)
we have a very rich database of over 65 million Nigerians and their fingerprints, house addresses, photographs and biodata from the last elections. Why has no one thought to use this data?

Use of this data can cut down cases of armed robbery and kidnapping to a much reduced level, especially since we all know that a huge number of these miscreants registered for the elections so they could help to rig.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Luka316(m): 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2011
@bawss1 i think isc FRSC, although iam not sure, but during the inugration on Friday he commended FRSC boss for the initiative.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by salvgeking: 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2011
texazzpete:

It is far more likely that kidnappers and armed robbers will be able to trace their victims-to-be by merely copying down their license numbers, running the plate numbers through their cronies that work with the database and then pay the unsuspecting victims a visit.

As far as i'm concerned, the GEJ administration deserves knocks for security data management (Wait, don't call me a hater just yet!)
we have a very rich database of over 65 million Nigerians and their fingerprints, house addresses, photographs and biodata from the last elections. Why has no one thought to use this data?

Use of this data can cut down cases of armed robbery and kidnapping to a much reduced level, especially since we all know that a huge number of these miscreants registered for the elections so they could help to rig.

Who told you that data is accurate?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Greenslim: 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2011
Millionaire opportunity for the police to exploit and query drivers.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2011
Nice move by the PRESIDO. . .

MAXIMUM SECURITY GUARANTEED FOR YOUR HOME AND PROPERTIES WITH our ELECTRIC FENCING.

Features:
>Shocks and Raises Instant Alarm.
>Battery back-up ensures round the clock security.
>Controlled remotely using personalized pin numbers.
>12 Months warranty.

I use
this avenue to connect to
prospective clients wanting to protect their Properties with the use Electric Fence. We have successfully INSTALLED and REPAIRED a
large number of ELECTRIC FENCE
within and outside ABUJA, LAGOS, IBADAN, & PORT-HARCOURT.

Contact us for your PURCHASE, INSTALLATION, REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE.

Call
OLA-OYE ELECTRIC FENCE.

OR
olaoyeventures @ gmail . com
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by akinnux(m): 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2011
Omg. I am ashamed of Nigeria, that after 50 years of Independence we are just talking of launching a database for vehicles in Nigeria. Are there no records for vehicles plying Nigerian roads? What about the population census data? For how shall we continue to waste resources counting this or that. God help our governments.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by macroworld: 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2011
Its a good start in the right direction. I imagine it will be similar to the DVLA system in the UK. It can be the start of a comprehensive data capture into other strands. The most important thing now is the maintenance of the integrity of the data, especially around updates etc. I hope it works well.

What would have been useful to go in par with this is a number plate recognition system/ facial data capture via CCTV and role it out. In light of all these recent event the Country is now ripe for such systems.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by texazzpete(m): 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2011
salvgeking:

Who told you that data is accurate?

It is not 100% accurate. In your opinion, which is better - 0% or 80%?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by babaowo: 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2011
why nigeria federal government  are very stupid? They should start with national id,birth certificate,student id,prisoner id,any force's id either police,army,navy immigration,they shuld know that criminals can hijack some vehicle and use it to commit many crimes.when okada own will be lunch Foolish government.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2011
akinnux:

Omg. I am ashamed of Nigeria, that after 50 years of Independence we are just talking of launching a database for vehicles in Nigeria. Are there no records for vehicles plying Nigerian roads? What about the population census data? For how shall we continue to waste resources counting this or that. God help our governments.
BAD BELLE,
WHICH HAVE YOU DONE FOR NIGERIA angry angry angry angry
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2011
babaowo:

why nigeria federal government  are very silly? They should start with national id,birth certificate,student id,prisoner id,any force's id either police,army,navy immigration,they shuld know that criminals can hijack some vehicle and use it to commit many crimes.when okada own will be lunch Foolish government.
ANOTHER STOOOOOPID BAD BELLE angry angry angry angry
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by GMcompere: 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2011
Good Initiative, nice concept.

But before we say "Praise the Lord" lets remember that few years ago under this same PDP leadership we all registered for the National Identity card and one man ran away with the money and nothing was done and it became a failed project.

The National Identity card was supposed to be the bedrock even for this driver's license, plate number and many other data. I have seen the figures for the  new licence and plate , and I think they are quite expensive, but its OK.

Lets just pray that this wont be another 'White Elephant' project to further perpetuate wastage and corruption.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Fhemmmy: 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2011
OAM4J:

That is just the link to his information . . . . anyone with a link to the database or is it a stand alone database, i will assume that there will be good links to the police, MOT and other ministry that might need such info such as boarder services
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2011
GMcompere:

Good Initiative, nice concept.

But before we say "Praise the Lord" lets remember that few years ago under this same PDP leadership we all registered for the National Identity card and one man ran away with the money and nothing was done and it became a failed project.

The National Identity card was supposed to be the bedrock even for this driver's license, plate number and many other data. I have seen the figures for the  new licence and plate , and I think they are quite expensive, but its OK.

Lets just pray that this wont be another 'White Elephant' project to further perpetuate wastage and corruption.

I will like to read so much more about it, cos if it is just a stand alone database that someone in one office will be the only one that enters data into it, then, i will question the integrity of the data, also, who and what ministry is linked to it will determine how useful it will be
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by GMcompere: 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2011
There is good in every evil.

Its a good thing that our Bokos Brothers are helping us to wake up and take initiative on national security from Database perspective. Next, we must harmonize this database with births, deaths, SIM registration, insurance policies etc to have a robust data intelligence on all Nigerians.

And these data must be guarded by OPC, Bakassi , Arewa and other vigilante Groups to guide against sabotage grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by ideylaff: 2:15pm On Sep 08, 2011

Abi ooooo and the President is even announcing it, na mediocre thing we like to dey celebrate sha,

ok he has launched a db, to combat crime, is that needed on his face book

oga ooooooo

even a minister is not meant to list this as an achievement,

has he not got a lot on his plate, 2011 and we get this as a major thing, 4 our president to launch

if it was done we don't need GEJ to tell us, they should find one of the jobless directors in of one the Abuja parastatals to launch this not a president now,

haba,
embarassed
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Fhemmmy: 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2011
^^^ Lol . . . what an achievement for our dear leaders . . . .other nations are looking for ways to fight problems, our own is launching a Db, probably an excel DB too . . .
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:20pm On Sep 08, 2011
How do you launch a database of car owners when you have not launched a database of citizens, but hey Nigeria needs a good distraction right now since the Super Eagles are not offering any highs and Nollywood scandals have all but disappeared, our Mediocre interests will definitely be sparked up by this launch - LASTMA is gearing up I'll bet
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by COMPAQ(m): 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2011
Medicine after death!! What we need first of all is a proper National Identity Card scheme, with every citizen having a unique number that is quoted on almost EVERY conceivable document or transaction, be it land/house purchase, import or export, change of job, purchase of airline tickets and cars. This idea of INEC, FRSC, Immigration etc all having their own databases makes no sense.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by antonion(m): 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

How do you launch a database of car owners when you have not launched a database of citizens, but hey Nigeria needs a good distraction right now since the Super Eagles are not offering any highs and Nollywood scandals have all but disappeared, our Mediocre interests will definitely be sparked up by this launch - LASTMA is gearing up I'll bet

that's a strong point that one there dude.  seriously cars are useless human beings come 1st
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by obowunmi(m): 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2011
@ texaspete: Nigerian officials have been known to sell this information to foreign governments.

This initiative can be good or bad. More detailed information can be used to access people's personal information and used by armed robbers, or prying ears.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daura President Tag: ÁPC Have No Moral Justification To Complain / Mark Dauda Kidnapped In Adamawa Ahead Of APC Governorship Rally / Abuja Disco Hikes Electricity Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.