Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? (7435 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? / Avoid Eating Chicken Wings / Do You Feel Shy Eating Chicken With Your Hands In Eatery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by bahboosh: 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2011
I am considering opening a restaurant that mainly serves Chicken Wings with over a dozen exceptional flavours.

The menu will also include a great choice of burgers as well.

The place will have a diner like design. 

I need some feedback and suggestions please! smiley

The pictures below are real!!!! This is part of the menu.

Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by Pennywise(m): 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2011
If you are considering an eatery, go for it. They are thriving very well in Nigeria. Eateries are buying up properties all over the place

including those of failed banks. Life may be tough here but most pple will attest that the spendable income of the average Nigerian

has gone up lately. We are not bashful about taking our girls out and letting them know we are d real deal (no we dont split outing

cost like they do in UK)
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by tpia5: 8:22pm On Sep 08, 2011
The problem with chicken wings is they're tasty but dont fill you up.

So you might have to add other things like jollof etc to the menu.

Aside from that, good idea though i'm not sure about the profitability.
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2011
I love eating chicken wings
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by blackmann(m): 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2011
i am a nigerian, and i do love my wings. the only issue about this is it will be more of fried stuff, and too much fried things is not good for the heart, cos like tpia said, it is not filling.
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2011
Its a good Idea and you should go for it, you dont necessarily have to add meals that fill. Just create your own specialty (chicken wings) make them addictively tasty and I promise you people will come from far and wide to purchase them
Your whole setup and packaging is also very important though
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2011
I agree with Adrenaline. Do your thing, make it good and people will buy. Where I stay I have a woman who sells just roasted chicken wings and you need to see cars lined up every day to patronize her. Nigerians generally love 'sweet mouth'.
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by hsert(f): 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2011
Hmmmmm, Nigerians with food shaaaaaa. Who dosen't like good food anyway?
Its a good idea. An average Nigerian eats chicken wings so you are on the right track. You just have to be different so as to stand out from the likes of Mr. Biggs, Chicken Republic, TFC, and the likes. You'll make it!
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by Ekans: 1:52pm On Sep 09, 2011
Chei,is it not Aka -Okuko these people are talking about?
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2011
i think i prefer chicken`s butt or the throat it tastes good too grin
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by ak47mann(m): 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2011
poster i think you should concentrate on the chicken wings with some chips to go with, forget burger because most Nigerians dont eat beef burgers they see it as oyibo food and over priced. And Nigeria is a hot country burgers goes off quickly If you don't sell it as soon as you prepare it, or else customers have to wait for the burger to cook that is the only way cool but wings with 10 different spice comes with chips you will never go wrong and makes it a lot cheaper so that common man  can afford it,
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by rasputinn(m): 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2011
I dont care about drum sticks and breasts,better dont mess with my chicken wings,mmmm yum yummy.

Please open the restaurant and lets have the addy,only ensure have your first outlet on the Island wink wink

Mmmm,I love me some chicken wings cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2011
Go for it. Most nigerians love chicken wings. I totally love it.
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by armyofone(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2011
tpia, lol jollofy wings cheesy

without rice, nig no go belleful sha grin

add eba and akpu to the wings, do some spicy wings with akpu/eba as another part of your menu.
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by dayokanu(m): 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2011
I still dont understand why ppl would prefer the bony wings to the meaty drum stick
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by armyofone(m): 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2011
when you order wings, it is served with drumstick now abi?
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by woetooam4j: 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2011
what is chicken wings?

@Op are you Ibo?
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by ak47mann(m): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2011
woetooam4j:

what is chicken wings?

@Op are you Ibo?

see the kind of people we have in Nigeria undecided 2moro now this one go tell me about history of Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy what have this got to do with igbo?
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by woetooam4j: 3:38pm On Sep 09, 2011
ak47mann:

see the kind of people we have in Nigeria undecided 2moro now this one go tell me about history of Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy what have this got to do with igbo?

Well with Ibo people, when they tell you they want to serve you chicken wings, more often than not, what they are really serving is not chicken wings, but real human hands from abandoned babies

Remember that Ibos are cannibalistic in nature. It is in their blood to eat humans.

I am just worried that this might be the start of another Otokoto saga. I dont want to be a party to it. I have honor and integrity, unlike Ibos.
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2011
thanks for sharing ur business idea, all i have to do now is remix it.
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by ak47mann(m): 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2011
woetooam4j:

Well with Ibo people, when they tell you they want to serve you chicken wings, more often than not, what they are really serving is not chicken wings, but real human hands from abandoned babies

Remember that Ibos are cannibalistic in nature. It is in their blood to eat humans.

I am just worried that this might be the start of another Otokoto saga. I dont want to be a party to it. I have honor and integrity, unlike Ibos.
cheesy cheesy cheesy mumu ALJ boko harem blow your self up suicide bomber cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2011
chicken wings are delicious. please go for it. you don't even have to start with rice and all. just ensure it's spicy enough or at least like you said, have the different kinds.with chips too. the sky is your limit
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by dayokanu(m): 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2011
armyofone:

when you order wings, it is served with drumstick now abi?

rasputinn:

I dont care about drum sticks and bosoms,better dont mess with my chicken wings,mmmm yum yummy.

Please open the restaurant and lets have the addy,only ensure have your first outlet on the Island wink wink

Mmmm,I love me some chicken wings cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by software(m): 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2011
me i no like am ooooooooooooooooooooo. I prefer the LAP, u know what i mean nah, only if u have a wing that looks like the LAP, hahaha lol
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by blank(f): 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2011
That is what Southern Fried Chicken specialize in. They are making so much money in Abuja.
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by Iranoladun(f): 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2011
@Poster

Go for it! I love Chicken Wings.

Create your own brand Create your own unique selling point and you will be rolling in money.

Some Idea:
Fried Chicken wings and fries on a bed of cabbage
Roasted Chicken wings and roasted Boli (Plantain)
Roasted Chicken Wings plus some ice cold salad
Roasted Chicken Wings, cabbage and Pepper sauce (hot)

Let's know when you launch oh! cheesy
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by uhuns: 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2011
WATCH OUT FOR THE

PRODUCT TYPE

PLACE

PRICE

PARCKAGE

ITS CALLED THE 4 Ps IN MMT.

GOOD LUCK.
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by CHIMUMMY(f): 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2011
Good idea. I love chicken wings. Try and add chips it will be a good sale. Don't fail to site it on a nice location that is accesssible. Goodluck.
Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 09, 2011
Yeap, I am sure you can make some big money with that.
some questions to consider;
- who is your targeted group?
-what price point are you considering
-how do you get fresh wings in Nigeria
-how do you make people pay for something they can easily make themselves and make healthier too. I live in Canada and I never buy wings out, almost all commercially sold wings are deep fried, not filling and very unhealthy. I happen to have stumbled upon a recipe http://littlemissgastronome..com/2011/01/homemade-wings.html sometime ago and I haven't bought wings out since then. So how do you appeal to the health conscious people E.T.C

I think you have a great idea though. Holla if you need investor/partner

Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by amblors(m): 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2011
i hate chicken wings.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Enjoy Eating Chicken Wings? by folahann(m): 10:07pm On Sep 09, 2011
labalaba:

Yeap, I am sure you can make some big money with that.
some questions to consider;
- who is your targeted group?
-what price point are you considering
-how do you get fresh wings in Nigeria
-how do you make people pay for something they can easily make themselves and make healthier too. I live in Canada and I never buy wings out, almost all commercially sold wings are deep fried, not filling and very unhealthy. I happen to have stumbled upon a recipe http://littlemissgastronome..com/2011/01/homemade-wings.html sometime ago and I haven't bought wings out since then. So how do you appeal to the health conscious people E.T.C

I think you have a great idea though. Holla if you need investor/partner
I don't think there will be any problem with health conscious people because they are very few in Naija.

People who have the money eat their jike food anytime

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Use Chicken To Cook Okro Soup?ladies Your Advice Needed / SuperYum Cakes & Bakes★★★★★ / Best Amala Joints In Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.