Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (27646 Views)

2023: Tinubu's Allies Worried Over Buhari's Attitude - TV Independent / Senators Worried Over COVID-19 Status Of 35 Colleagues / Olufunso Amosun Is Worried Over Weight Gain (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by nlfpmod: 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2023
The Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Mr Peter Obi has called on authorities in the country to do whatever necessary to ease the pains of Nigerians over fuel shortages and the new naira notes scarcity.

In a statement issued on Thursday and made available to journalists, Obi said that he had been travelling around the country on the campaign trail, meeting and engaging Nigerians of diverse ethnic, cultural, and religious backgrounds, that the unified experiences they recounted was one of untold suffering.

“Yesterday, Datti Baba-Ahmed and I with our team were in Sokoto and Jigawa States, and today (Thursday) we were in Zamfara and Kebbi States. As I have travelled across Nigeria, engaging with as many citizens as possible, the feedback is that Nigerians are suffering terribly.

Top on the mentions are the biting fuel shortages and the scarcity of the new naira notes. Nigerians, especially women and the youth, are impacted negatively by the lingering shortage of both essentials to regular daily living in our country.

These shortages are dehumanising Nigerians, even more than they have already been, by a series of ineffectual governments who failed to serve the interest of the people.

I am worried about the impact these shortages are having on the lives of Nigerians and small businesses, which are a significant force in our economy,”
Obi said.

He, therefore, called on the authorities and bodies in charge to take practical intervention steps to create systems that would serve the people and resolve the crises.

He added that Nigerians had already suffered enough, and the twin crises of fuel shortages and the unavailability of the new naira notes could have been avoided if leaders were competent and compassionate.

“It’s time that the authorities, relevant agencies and organisations realise that they exist for the people and not the other way round.

“I am calling on the governments at all levels to intervene in these crises and ensure that the interest and well-being of Nigerians are placed on the front burner, ahead of any other interest group.

“Nigerians don’t deserve this kind of experience,
" Obi concluded.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/2023-mr-peter-obi-worried-over-fuel-shortages-scarcity-of-new-naira-notes-blames-it-on-poor-leadership/

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by habsydiamond(m): 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2023
Na only u I believe say u dey sincere concerning these policies affecting the masses.. all those arrogant old cargoes were only shouting because it will affect their buying of votes... the Cbn governor for just allow these people get sense by allowing them to waste their money for election and still get kicked out from winning the election.. pdp and apc don try it's time to retire, and give LP a chance to move this country forward.

432 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by adeola1097: 7:50pm On Feb 04, 2023
The only presidential candidate that’s ready to work in reducing the travails of the masses.

Others are throwing personal tantrums and are just there to serve their pockets.

Woe to anyone who votes Apc shege pro max.

292 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by isan(m): 7:50pm On Feb 04, 2023
when Tinubu said it they it's because he wanted to buy vote

301 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by sharpden: 7:52pm On Feb 04, 2023
isan:

He will NEVER lead what he doesn't believe in

225 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by iwaeda: 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2023

151 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Britishcoins(m): 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
He should not worry, I am sure he will not do different if they give him the opportunity... I am obidient but I don't trust all the past Nigerian politicians... They can promise heaven and earth during the campaign and turn to devil once they get the power...

I am yet to see good leaders in Nigeria...
Unfortunately our youths thinks it is politicians that will change their miserable life.

If you want to enjoy Nigeria huzzle independently and make ur money, don't depend on government...
Forget about Higher education and government jobs....
Start and build ur own business..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
Everything is just upside down under this APC regime. Affliction shall not rise again.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Lionmachala(m): 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
They are after their personal interest, not The masses interest and I wonder what kind of leader are they.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
Children of hate, frustrations and perdition that have been very happy about the current situation of things saying it is only affecting Bola Ahmed Tinubu,
Can you all see your miserable lives outside?!
Dumb fools and enemies of the country.
Brainwashed swines everywhere.
Spits on y'all, lovers of anything that will bring negative effects to sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.
Anything they support is always negative and ending in chaos as long as they think it's against their perceived 'enemy'..
Dumbos.

yarimo:
Why will they join after all it is affecting TINUBU only

TristanX:

Yes it is affecting him. Mugu.

We prefer to suffer for a few weeks than suffer for 8 yrs after your Tinubu buys votes
Who are the we that are prepared to suffer with you for few weeks?
Just imagine.
Kiddos everywhere.
Tueh.
Kontinue anyways....

PrinceOfLagos:
Thanks for showing concern Mr President , We Love You...
Lol 😀, coming from someone that has been supporting Emefiele on his crude decision since last week.
We talk am cheesy.
No shame whatsoever.
Tueh.

tempest01:

Obidients don't join these protests.
Na dem tongue

MajorOvakporaye:
Darling daddy of is dealing with Tinumpu and his online amala and ewedu miscreants. You can't serve two masters.
Na Tinubu dem dey deal with abi?
Okay na, kontinue.

adekolaelect:
It is like obi get small sense than his slowpoke supporters who were insulting Tinubu when he raised alarm on scarcity of naira notes and fuel.
You know dem too wells.
That is why it is better to ignore their foolishness online most times.
They will defeat you with all manner of stupidity and foolishness, no matter what.

102 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by EKONGKING: 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
Why is he not worried for the past 10 days when obidients and others are dying unnecessary on the streets of Nigeria.

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
PandoraObi has spoken at last.
Let's see what his brainwashed things got to say to this..
Ipob zombies anywhere belle face swines dem.

isan:
Truer words have never been spoken.
We have always say the below here,

Two characteristics of Igbos : HYPOCRISY AND LIES!.
It's in them like Peak milk.

tooth4tooth:
When Tinubu first blew the whistle oppositions used it to campaign against him. Now the chicken has come home to roost. Who is crying now

updatechange:
But na Tinubu e Dey affect pass na

yarimo:
Why will they join after all it is affecting TINUBU only

It is always good and refreshing to see we still have reasonable and sensible members like you on this forum.
God bless your parents for giving us Kings like you.
A better Nigeria all around is all we want.
A better Nigeria we shall get whether the evil ones like it or not.

We Rise

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by adekolaelect(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
It is like obi get small sense than his slowpoke supporters who were insulting Tinubu when he raised alarm on scarcity of naira notes and fuel.

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by specialmati(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
cool cool cool cool urchins sons limited over to you guys

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Kennyfancy(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
I wonder what urchin's will say this time around, just watch how they will disgrace Thier self again

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by specialmati(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
post=120638097:
PandoraObi
grin grin grin grin grin grin your darling daddy is changing it for everybody this last days hope you still have small change to buy meat and do your suya things. zombie chairman.no more starboy na that old landlord you they support now. cursed souls everywhere

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Reelmii: 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
Who isn't
Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by densiks: 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
Interesting times.
Tinubu leads others follow.

61 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Kennyfancy(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
Obi wise pass them, obi is playing politics with wisdom

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
isan:

Did he say anything when people suffered for the past 8 years? All of a sudden they're acting like they care. They can't fool Nigerians again. Those days are long gone.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by LegendHero(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
lol.

How will ObiIdiots bow react to this news? I thought they said Tinubu is the one suffering from this so why is Peter Obi now complaining about it too?

I thought he should have been happy with the scarcity abi what am I missing?

60 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Yungmil: 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
I just made 9k today collecting transfer and giving people cash. Am not even a POS operator.

I just did dis hustle after my day work oo 9k sharp chai.

Na so I order fried rice and chicken ooo

Dis country any opportunity use am.

People need cash like mad. I charge 1k for 5k

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by aariwa(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
Obi is now beating the drum the whole Nigeria is dancing because now everybody awaits his statements with more anticipation than the president

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Agbadocassava: 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
All I have to say is lol, let’s see if zombies will attack him

Una good evening

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by mannobi(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
So Hipob candidate is also affected. Sebi you all were happy because it target tinubu. Nonsense. You are just starting your wailing

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by noble71(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
shocked
My incoming President of federal Republic of Nigeria.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by BobbieZion(m): 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2023
post=120638097:
PandoraObi

Sai Baba!!
Our dulling daddy!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Committee: APC Members Give Conditions For Peace / Boyloaf, Tompolo, Other Ex-niger Delta Militants Set To Endorse Buhari / How Aisha Is Stealing Show In Buhari’s ‘Next Level’ - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.