Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Marriage: Is It Worth It? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: Is It Worth It? (13589 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Orikinla(m): 11:23am On Sep 10, 2011
I love marriage, but I prefer the freedom of being single, because having a wife will interfere with my passions and work as a romantic writer, TV/Film producer and manager of models.
Would my wife permit me to welcome pretty and sexy models to spend the weekend with me or be away on locations with acxtresses?

There are five beautiful women in my life presently and God knows I love them all.

Marriage is not by force.

Marriage is the foundation and bedrock of the family.
But as the Holy Bible said, if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

If you know you cannot be faithful to your spouse, PLEASE DON'T MARRY.
Marriage is not for philanderers. 

MARRIAGE IS FOR HOMEMAKERS.

THOSE WHO COMMIT ADULTERY ARE HOME BREAKERS.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by God2man(m): 11:26am On Sep 10, 2011
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12" Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but WOE TO HIM THAT IS ALONE WHEN HE FALLETH, FOR HE HATH NOT ANOTHER TO HELP HIM UP. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken." The truth is that, if you marry the right person, then marriage is worth it. When you get marriage to the wrong person, your life will be like a hell on earth and you will never appreciate God who created it. God bless you. God2man. rriage is worth it. When you get marriage to the wrong person, your life will be like a hell on earth and you will never appreciate God who created it. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by mazaje(m): 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2011
Is marriage worth it? I believe it is when married to the right person. . .Is it overrated? I believe it is overrated. . . .Am not married but I believe it is worth it when you are into it with the right partner. . .You will always have some one to count on, share your dreams with, do things together with and that matters a lot,( you can always have some one to do all these things with when unmarried ), but with a married partner it is different. . . .

Having said that, majority of my friends here and in Nigeria are married and I really don't know what is happening with marriages these days, half of my friends here are already divorced and those in Nigeria are always complaining about their marriages, men that hadrly ever complain about anything have now turned into professional nags grin. . .

Then the issue of infidelity, are there married men in Nigeria that don't cheat on their wives?. . . .All my married friends there have girl friends outside. . . .The bottom line is I think most of them are in the marriages for their kids and other societal pressures. . . .One thing I have come to understand about marriage is that it requires a lot of  hard work and dedication(going out of your way to please your spouse) and that is a hard thing to do all the time. Since love is a choice it makes marriage a difficult thing to engage in because most people are naturally selfish and egotistical. . . .But once you have made the choice to love your spouse and carry it out to the best of your ability then marriage can be enjoyed and is a good thing if both partners decide to carry out the choice of loving each other till the end. . . .
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2011
Ify jiri nwayo na a shout ya na. Okwa igba nkwu ka mmere. Nke oyinbo bu weekend na abia.

Jenny eche'm na imma.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2011
ifyalways:

Uju as in Ujujoan?O gwaghi gi?O gbago akwukwo a few months ago.

Eziokwu? ogwara'm.

Ujujoan:

Ify jiri nwayo na a shout ya na. Okwa igba nkwu ka mmere. Nke oyinbo bu weekend na abia.

Jenny eche'm na imma.

Onwero i'fe igwara'm. Obu onye Abia?
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by cantell(m): 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2011
jennykadry:

Eziokwu? ogwara'm.

Onwero i'fe igwara'm. Obu onye Abia?
Ujujoan:

Jenny eche'm na imma.
Ndi asiri.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2011
Jenny ndo biko gbaghara'm. Obu onye Anambra like me.

Okwa nwanne Ify ekwero eme ghari aru so I decided I je nnuru onye be anyi! cool cool
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2011
Awww chukwu gozie u'nu.

Chere go di, i'si na obu onye anambra?, kedu kwa'nu why unu ji na me nke oyibo na abia?

No wonder iji di scarce. Jiri kwe ya nwanyo na bedroom. Ebere nke nwoke di'm embarassed
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by ifyalways(f): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2011
Haha,Jenny na asi mmadu jiri nwanyo na elu bed,ginwa i ji nwayo?

Uju congrats once more.Ka Chukwu bi na igwe gozie gi na nke gi,nye unu ako na uche i jiri bie dika otu.bikokwa wetuzie isi gi ani nno,lol.ihe gbasara bed, e jikwana ya egwu egwu.Once a woman wins and controls the bedroom,she wud enjoy a happy home.Play the fool occasionaly,stoop to conquer and choose your marriage battles wisely.

Uju,I ga amuru m baby girl?lolz
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2011
Jenny Dalu o. Anyi na eme ya na Anambra o, not Abia. Anyi agba go brake na bed maka na o banye go.
lol.

Ify dalu so' aga'm a try ka'm buru ezigbo nwunye. Maybe in less than 8months anyi amalu if mm'ga amuru gi nwa nwanyi! D: lol.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2011
mazaje:

Is marriage worth it? I believe it is when married to the right person. . .Is it overrated? I believe it is overrated. . . .Am not married but I believe it is worth it when you are into it with the right partner. . .You will always have some one to count on, share your dreams with, do things together with and that matters a lot,( you can always have some one to do all these things with when unmarried ), but with a married partner it is different. . . .

Having said that, majority of my friends here and in Nigeria are married and I really don't know what is happening with marriages these days, half of my friends here are already divorced and those in Nigeria are always complaining about their marriages, men that hadrly ever complain about anything have now turned into professional nags grin. . .

Then the issue of infidelity, are there married men in Nigeria that don't cheat on their wives?. . . .All my married friends there have girl friends outside. . . .The bottom line is I think most of them are in the marriages for their kids and other societal pressures. . . .One thing I have come to understand about marriage is that it requires a lot of  hard work and dedication(going out of your way to please your spouse) and that is a hard thing to do all the time. Since love is a choice it makes marriage a difficult thing to engage in because most people are naturally selfish and egotistical. . . .But once you have made the choice to love your spouse and carry it out to the best of your ability then marriage can be enjoyed and is a good thing if both partners decide to carry out the choice of loving each other till the end. . . .

There can never be peace for the men that cheat. So let him nag grin. And I think married men just have a passion for or make a hobby out of complaining about their married life, it doesn't mean they don't love their wives or they are tired of the marriage. Even one of my professors in class, a married man, said that's a married man's hobby. Any time he references his wife in class, he'd be like don't tell my wife. grin

I went out with my uncle and his wife to a couple's place and the issue of marriage came up. My uncle was screaming that 'aahhh single life is better' and the other guy was backing him up. That if they were in a boyfriend and girlfriend stage, if my aunt starts her wahala he can just chase her to her own house, lol. My aunt was just laughing at him but later gave him a stern warning. So there was this wine we were drinking and it had peaches in it and my aunt is allergic to them, so bumps appeared on her face, my uncle that was doing James Bond was by her side, touching her face, she was like 'leave me jor', doing shakara lol.

So some of these complaints are not what they are. It's just for conversation sake some of the time. It's just like in primary school, when we start talking about whose parents are more wicked. If you've exhausted all you have to say, then you start exaggerating. grin
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2011
Ujujoan:

Jenny Dalu o. Anyi na eme ya na Anambra o, not Abia. Anyi agba go brake[b] na bed maka na o banye go.[/b]
lol.

Ify dalu so' aga'm a try ka'm buru ezigbo nwunye. Maybe in less than 8months anyi amalu if mm'ga amuru gi nwa nwanyi! D: lol.

Unbelievable  shocked shocked shocked shocked . This girl adiro egbu oge. grin Congratulobia jare.

@Ify

Taa gbafuo. Kedi onye gwara gi na oburo'm onye ne me nwayo na bed? angry
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by HighChief4(m): 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2011
Ujujoan:

Jenny Dalu o. Anyi na eme ya na Anambra o, not Abia. [b]Anyi agba go brake na bed maka na o banye go.[/b]lol.

grin grin grin grin Honestly ife ahu ikwuru there toro mu amu. Congrats Nubian Queen
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by ronkebp(f): 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2011
Tgirl4real:

I'm loving the thread. . . cheesy

@ Dayokanu n others of like minds,

Love is sacrificial. It takes a lot of sacrifice, patience and perseverance. Marriage is for matured people. Though it doesn't mean it won't have its challenges.

The thread is meant to be an interactive one. It's also to help those that are having challenges.

Letz take it to another angle. For those that says it worth it,

How long should one persevere when the marriage is not working (not referring to physical assault)?
To what length should
one sacrifice?

@ Chilvary,

Ride on jare wink
Omo marraige is not easy , but with God everything shall be well'. You see in marraige it is important that both parties apart from having God as their foundation, they need wisdom in running their day-to-day affairs. It is wisdom that would make them not cheat on each other, it is wisdom that will determine how you approach each other on some matters, it is wisdom that will make a man understand that he should never raise his hands against his wife or the wife against her husband. That is why everybody's marraige should be built on a solid foundation, when you do other things will fall into it's proper place. Marraige is supposed to succeed against all odds no matter what.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by iwonbaoko1: 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2011
Wisdom is not only for married people.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by ronkebp(f): 3:02pm On Sep 10, 2011
it is not only for married people, but you need more of it, when you are married to a total stranger. grin grin
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by mygladness: 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2011
Marriage is worth it because it is an institution ordained by God. The Bible say one shall put one thousand to flight while two shall put ten thousand to flight - that is the strength that lies in marriage.

Unfortunately, human beings are not sincere and truthful to the tenet of marriage because even those who carry religious titles are not immune to cheating in marriage. Ii is dishearting to find out that someone who pose as a man of God for which he is so respected could be caught describing the size of his dick to a strange woman via BB chat. This same guy keeps chain of girls who are known as morally bankrupt as friends.

The best way to stay in marriage is to hold on to God and never belief that your spouse cannot do certain things. This is important to avoid heartbreak and great disappointment.

It is indeed rear to see a man who is faithful to his marriage. It is quite unfortunate.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by okenwa(m): 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2011
interesting topic.
are we angry at the effect of civilization on natural cause(marriage)
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by sexyshe(f): 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2011
Marriage to the right person is worth it. A marriage to the wrong person is not. How does one decide who the right person is? wow not easy ,
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2011
jennykadry:

Unbelievable  shocked shocked shocked shocked . This girl adiro egbu oge. grin Congratulobia jare.

@Ify

Taa gbafuo. Kedi onye gwara gi na oburo'm onye ne me nwayo na bed? angry

grin grin grin grin

Thanks dear.

High_Chief:

grin grin grin grin Honestly ife ahu ikwuru there toro mu amu. Congrats Nubian Queen

Onye bu Nibian Queen? undecided
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by okewealth(f): 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2011
hi,EVERY1,i dey feel this thread well.my own take is that the marriage institution is having many serious issues because all other areas of human life are having their own peculiar issues eg finance,faith,career-is there any area of your life that is 100% perfect? NO

HUMAN BEINGS ARE NOT PERFECT SO,NOTHING INVOLVING US CAN BE PERFECT.
AND THIS NEW GENERATION IS TOO GREEDY AND SELFISH cry!LITTLE WONDER THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE.

But seriously the major problems in marriage are caused by we,the females although in diff categories.the married ones expect  too much and give too little and the single ones are busy giving the single and married men wrong perception abt us,you can have me if you have money or can talk well sad.WE are  NOT givng our husbands value that he should get for forfeiting his freedom,sharing his money and then we are not prayerful and sensitive to God`s direction concerning our husband even b4 marriage i.e the foundation is bad

Permit me to qoute a bible passage,it says  IF THE FOUNDATION BE DESTROYED WHAT CAN A RIGHTEOUS DO?someone said you can continue to struggle or you pull it down and start afresh

ANYWAY im off to continue putting in the best to make my marriage work and try to help others,you can join me to make this this task a realty or GET INSIGHTS TO USE IN YOUR MARRIAGE, TEXT MD * EMAIL to 07055333000.CHEERS
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2011
lol @ naijababe  smiley

If you marry the right person, then marriage is one of the best things that can happen to one. It enriches both your lives and you excel in other areas of your life too. You are happier, more relaxed, healthier and radiant. You face lifes challenges knowing that you have a soulmate by your side and problems are automatically halved.

However if one makes the mistake of marrying  Mr/Miss wrong, then that is one of the worst things that can befall one and everything is a right mess.

U can say dat again CC. The person automatically becomes Mr/Miss right cos you are already in it.

My question is apart from instances of physical and mental abuse, if we fail to do our homework, follow our gut feeling and get married for our own personal and selfish reasons, is it right & fair on the kids to throw in the towel after a kid or two especially when in reality the man or woman hasnt changed, but it is us who suddenly want him/her to be a different person?

I will say its your mess, clean it up . .  . cheesy

Omo marraige is not easy , but with God everything shall be well'. You see in marraige it is important that both parties apart from having God as their foundation, they need wisdom in running their day-to-day affairs. It is wisdom that would make them not cheat on each other, it is wisdom that will determine how you approach each other on some matters, it is wisdom that will make a man understand that he should never raise his hands against his wife or the wife against her husband. That is why everybody's marraige should be built on a solid foundation, when you do other things will fall into it's proper place. Marraige is supposed to succeed against all odds no matter what.

Wisdom, accompanied with patience and loooooooooooong suffering. smiley
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by HighChief4(m): 2:20am On Sep 11, 2011
Ujujoan:

Onye bu Nibian Queen? undecided

Ada mmadu, Nubian Queen bu afa ana akpo Umu nwanyi nwelu the real african qualities, na aburo ndi ife ndi ocha banyelugo na brain
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 11, 2011
naijababe:

Are the men giving us what we should get for forfeiting our freedom, sharing our money and raising their kids

Help me ask this question again.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by EfeEkarume(m): 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2011
Deep down in heart, nobody in this world wants to be lonely. Even God himself, no wonder he created angels around him.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Rafaell(m): 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2011
@U all, ds very intrestin & educatin. Am havin sweltime hia; ddnt wana contrbut bt hd a retink 2jus prais al U guyz, 4d 1st time n a longtim, a thread dt aint got no vulgar, castgatin, insultin & abusiv wods. Ramble on, chaps!
@Chika98, dtz ma typcal Oweri-gal; dishin out luv wsdom inteligently. Am Oweri born-bred-butterd so I kno an O'town chic once I listn 2her.
@Swift sms, God! hw I wish I can find ur kinda woman. Al thos qualitiz U listd ar d kinda-stuf ma kinda-persn seeks 4in a woman. CAN WE MEET?
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by cexplorer(m): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2011
Marriage was established by God; making it a sacred and a worthy institution.

The degree or measure of joy your marriage produces depends largely on how much you know about why God wants you to marry a particular spouse.

Marriage is worth it but each marriage partner must see marriage as a means of serving God by supplying what his/her partner and every other person attached to the marriage lacks on a daily basis.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by member479760: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2011
didn't worth, live gay life and you will be fine.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by chika98: 3:45am On Sep 12, 2011
Rafaell:

@U all, ds very intrestin & educatin. Am havin sweltime hia; ddnt wana contrbut bt hd a retink 2jus prais al U guyz, 4d 1st time n a longtim, a thread dt aint got no vulgar, castgatin, insultin & abusiv wods. Ramble on, chaps!
@Chika98, dtz ma typcal Oweri-gal; dishin out luv wsdom inteligently. Am Oweri born-bred-butterd so I kno an O'town chic once I listn 2her.
@Swift sms, God! hw I wish I can find your kinda woman. Al thos qualitiz U listd ar d kinda-stuf ma kinda-persn seeks 4in a woman. CAN WE MEET?

Thank you Nwanne grin
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Rafaell(m): 4:33am On Sep 12, 2011
Chika nwanyioma, udo di. Isha gi amaghi sha anyi ji ehurutu ehurutu epioba anya n'opi ihe? Uche gi dirikwa ya, daa
tongue tongue
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by mide14(f): 10:35am On Sep 12, 2011
I am Married. I laughed my heart out reading dayokanu's reasons,
From what have read, i can see most men wanting their freedom and the likes of it. Personally bn a female who loves her privacy i would say i can understand what the men are talking about. I have a room to myself but i cant sleep in it cos they say when u married, u and your husband have to share the same bed, but really i just want a bit of my space ( i don't see how it affects how i love him) but just to please him i spend every night in his room. Anyways, for me sometimes, i feel glad that am married and grateful. But i spend the better part wondering if marriage is truly necessary specially when i face issues with getting him to participate in certain things in d house. Maybe mine is cos am a very independent minded individual and like things done quickly and nicely. My husband on the other hand can spend a whole week deliberating on an issue dat have already thought of and decided with diff options at hand self.
I do love my son, he makes the whole marriage worthy too but seriously dis topic lingers on my mind like daily, I feel marriage can be too much of a struggle at times. Unfortunately dis is an issue that is so delicate you cant even discuss with your spouse cos he/she might think u no longer interested in the Marriage,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Things You Did As A Child / (photos) World Biggest Snake Killed In Africa / 100 Women Who Inspire Us In Our World Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.