Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Marriage: Is It Worth It? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: Is It Worth It? (13584 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Badguy2: 11:33am On Sep 12, 2011
Marraige is a mistake every man should make. grin
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2011
mide14:

I am Married. I laughed my heart out reading dayokanu's reasons,
From what have read, i can see most men wanting their freedom and the likes of it. Personally bn a female who loves her privacy i would say i can understand what the men are talking about. I have a room to myself but i cant sleep in it cos they say when u married, u and your husband have to share the same bed, but really i just want a bit of my space ( i don't see how it affects how i love him) but just to please him i spend every night in his room. Anyways, for me sometimes, i feel glad that am married and grateful. But i spend the better part wondering if marriage is truly necessary specially when i face issues with getting him to participate in certain things in d house. Maybe mine is cos am a very independent minded individual and like things done quickly and nicely. My husband on the other hand can spend a whole week deliberating on an issue dat have already thought of and decided with diff options at hand self.
I do love my son, he makes the whole marriage worthy too but seriously dis topic lingers on my mind like daily, I feel marriage can be too much of a struggle at times. Unfortunately dis is an issue that is so delicate you cant even discuss with your spouse cos he/she might think u no longer interested in the Marriage,

Sometimes I feel that way too. I think our society isn't helping matters. There is a lot of strain on the family. The economy is so harsh and there is a limit each person can take. Our men generally don't like stress after going through a hard day at work. Whereas, d women resumes extra work after she closes from the office. All these will certainly put a lot of strain on the home. So, we need to manage things well.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by mide14(f): 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2011
u read my mind Tgirl4real
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2011
mide14:

I am Married. I laughed my heart out reading dayokanu's reasons,
From what have read, i can see most men wanting their freedom and the likes of it. Personally bn a female who loves her privacy i would say i can understand what the men are talking about. I have a room to myself but i cant sleep in it cos they say when u married, u and your husband have to share the same bed, but really i just want a bit of my space ( i don't see how it affects how i love him) but just to please him i spend every night in his room. Anyways, for me sometimes, i feel glad that am married and grateful. But i spend the better part wondering if marriage is truly necessary specially when i face issues with getting him to participate in certain things in d house. Maybe mine is cos am a very independent minded individual and like things done quickly and nicely. My husband on the other hand can spend a whole week deliberating on an issue dat have already thought of and decided with diff options at hand self.
I do love my son, he makes the whole marriage worthy too but seriously dis topic lingers on my mind like daily, I feel marriage can be too much of a struggle at times. Unfortunately dis is an issue that is so delicate you cant even discuss with your spouse cos he/she might think u no longer interested in the Marriage,

Your marriage has a problem.

Tgirl4real:

Sometimes I feel that way too. I think our society isn't helping matters. There is a lot of strain on the family. The economy is so harsh and there is a limit each person can take. Our men generally don't like stress after going through a hard day at work. Whereas, d women resumes extra work after she closes from the office. All these will certainly put a lot of strain on the home. So, we need to manage things well.

when marriage becomes a struggle where one party now resents the other . . . wahala dey. Pple should not marry because they have reached that age.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by armyofone(m): 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2011
i think our mindset as nigerians is making things harder than it should be in present age. we put too much emphasis on my role and your role.
i'd prefer a marriage where we both have no husbandy and wifey roles.

@mide14
when you start wanting space in your marriage, i think you should check your relationship again.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2011
hmmm

@OP

hmmm

I'm not too keen into marrying sha. I feel that this generation of men dont value marriage.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by dayokanu(m): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2011
armyofone:

i think our mindset as nigerians is making things harder than it should be in present age. we put too much emphasis on my role and your role.

@mide14
when you start wanting space in your marriage, i think you should check your relationship again.

So you want to be the husband and the man tying wrapper around the house.

No problem if you can bring bacon large enough for all of us
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 12, 2011
Make up your mind Dayo! Do you want a wife/marriage or a bedmate/contract?  undecided
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by armyofone(m): 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2011
so right . . . many of them.
miss ya, how are you cool

Ileke-IdI:

hmmm

@OP

hmmm

I'm not too keen into marrying sha. I feel that this generation of men dont value marriage.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2011
armyofone:

There is no way a marriage can be successful if neither partner is aware of their roles. However i see something that is glaringly missing in these marriages - both partners dont see like they have much in common. I will repeat what an aunt of mine once said - marry your best friend!

armyofone:

@mide14

Same with tgirl4real. I'm not sure if these chics didnt just marry because they met an ok guy and buckled under societal pressure.
Sometimes its ok to ignore pressure and remain single till you meet that woman you cannot live without.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2011
armyofone:

so right . . . many of them.
miss ya, how are you cool

^^^ aww same here, na you carry me enter here grin. I dey o, thanks.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by armyofone(m): 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2011
david nwanem, glad you are here , always sweet reading ya  wink
you still in Rochy?

Ileke mi, sweet to have you here jare. afefe ti fe adie, you know the rest babe grin
let's just pray for a good man with better head for him shoulder, grin
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by dayokanu(m): 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2011
naijababe:

Make up your mind Dayo! Do you want a wife/marriage or a bedmate/contract?  undecided

They all have their role

Wife and bedmate both are needed
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 12, 2011
dayokanu:

They all have their role

Wife and bedmate both are needed

Shame you can only have one tongue
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by dayokanu(m): 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2011
Says who?

Abraham , Jacob, David, Solomon etc didnt have one
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2011
armyofone:

david nwanem, glad you are here , always sweet reading ya  wink
you still in Rochy?

my sister, i'm sure this is hauwa in disguise. grin
I dey kampe, i left Rochy over a year ago.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Says who?

Abraham , Jacob, David, Solomon etc didnt have one

You are a scientist now, invent your own time machine and tranport yourself back to the medieval times. If that's too difficult, you can always fill the holes in quantum teleportation and port yourself back to Bashorun Gaa era  grin
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by mide14(f): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2011
@davidylan, my marriage doesn't have a problem. Just cos i mentioned the one thing that bugs me doesn't give u the authority to just judge my marriage. I am a private person, have bn like dat for so long before i met my husband. What's wrong with me craving that ones in a while. and if u read my post well, despite craving it i still havent done it out of respect for him,
Liked poster mentioned earlier ( u aint to judge pple abeg)
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2011
mide14:

@davidylan, my marriage doesn't have a problem. Just cos i mentioned the one thing that bugs me doesn't give u the authority to just judge my marriage. I am a private person, have bn like dat for so long before i met my husband. What's wrong with me craving that ones in a while. and if u read my post well, despite craving it i still havent done it out of respect for him,
Liked poster mentioned earlier ( u aint to judge pple abeg)

maybe it might be best for you to not post something so sensitive to you then. If you want to post such and expect no response then do so on your private blog.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by mide14(f): 9:29am On Sep 13, 2011
What's sensitive about what i wrote? Am barely concerned about how quick u were to jump to conclusion, This is an open forum i believe,
Anyways, i don't have your time, leaving u to your thoughts and conclusions, Psheeewwwww!
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Africaine(f): 10:04am On Sep 13, 2011
Is marriage really worth it hmmm i had to sit and ask myself this question over and over again!
I am married,and it has been a thrilling experience,it hasnt been easy, being dat we come from completely different family and value system,sometimes i throw my hands up in frustration trying to make him see things from my own point of view and he just looks at me,dsnt understand why its so important, I tell you it can be really annoying,but I have come to learn that tolerance and patience are the watchwords of any successful marriage,only then can you truly experience LOVE. knowing that you cant change dis person and loving them inspite of all the imperfections and living in peace, that is marriage.
I have two wonderful kids,they make it easier,but still cant say categorily that marriage is all dat!
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2011
Stop beating down on marriage peeps mehn!!! It's possibly one of the most wonderful things in the world. The only thing standing in your way of enjoying the bliss that marriage can offer is SELF-CENTREDNESS! Conquer that lil' voice that says it's my way or the highway and find yourself a partner who has too, then you are on a sure way to long lasting happiness.

Is it overated? No! Is it for everyone? Big NO!!!
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by armyofone(m): 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2011
haha, bros na so we see am grin
I left too, missing that city and its famous sandwich so much. thinking of going back there for PG, i just love the winter.
i miss my school environment too.
glad say you dey kampe bo cheesy iroko no dey broke  grin.

davidylan:

my sister, i'm sure this is hauwa in disguise.  grin
I dey kampe, i left Rochy over a year ago.
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by maryini(f): 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2011
gud job peeps, first thread ave com across in a while dat has not disintegrated into abusing, vulgar pissing contests,
naijababe:

Stop beating down on marriage peeps mehn!!! It's possibly one of the most wonderful things in the world. The only thing standing in your way of enjoying the bliss that marriage can offer is SELF-CENTREDNESS! Conquer that lil' voice that says it's my way or the highway and find yourself a partner who has too, then you are on a sure way to long lasting happiness.

Is it overated? No! Is it for everyone? Big NO!!!
i second u! but its really hard 2 stop being self centered as we have been living by our own decisions b4 getting married, personally if i cud have a baby in today's society without d stigma 4 both the child and i, i wouldn't bother with marriage
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:13pm On Sep 14, 2011
davidylan:

Your marriage has a problem.

when marriage becomes a struggle where one party now resents the other . . . wahala dey. Pple should not marry because they have reached that age.

David, how na?

I don't think you should read such meanings into what mide14 said. She is just baring her mind. Talking about everyday challenges of marriage doesn't mean you resent your partner. Nothing in that post suggest that. We need to know that human beings are different with different temperaments. And guys generally don't like taking corrections esp when it's coming from their wives.

Ileke-IdI:

hmmm

@OP

hmmm

Esp. men of this generation.

How are u dear?
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by HighChief4(m): 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Tgirl4real:

Esp. men of this generation.

How are u dear?

Maybe cos of this generation women
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2011
High_Chief:

Maybe cos of this generation women

Lol grin grin grin grin

davidylan:

There is no way a marriage can be successful if neither partner is aware of their roles. However i see something that is glaringly missing in these marriages - both partners dont see like they have much in common. I will repeat what an aunt of mine once said - marry your best friend!

Same with tgirl4real. I'm not sure if these chics didnt just marry because they met an ok guy and buckled under societal pressure.
Sometimes its ok to ignore pressure and remain single till you meet that woman you cannot live without.

I wonder how I missed this. My dear, this thread is not about me. So . . . stop insinuating what you don't know. It is also a fake person that lives in denial. There is no how 2 people from 2 different background will come together without having disagreement once in a while (except if they are fake and pretending) whether you married your bestfriend or a stranger. Even those that are married for donkey years still agrue and make up. Though the issues might not be evident to outsiders. The beauty of the matter is how you manage your differences and love conquers all.

So, my dear, be real with yourself and face the reality of life. wink
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by otokx(m): 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
cool thread
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by N101: 3:16am On Sep 16, 2011
My regret when getting married is that I didn't asked for a Blackberry from the start.   I tried pleading for an iPhone but it was laughed down. 

If I was still single this never would have happened   cheesy cheesy
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by cexplorer(m): 11:50am On Sep 16, 2011
No regret. Go single and get married again not leaving your home. START A FIGHT! Don't invite me o because your hubby might be my client!
N101:

My regret when getting married is that I didn't asked for a Blackberry from the start.   I tried pleading for an iPhone but it was laughed down. 

If I was still single this never would have happened   cheesy cheesy
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by N101: 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2011
cexplorer:

No regret. Go single and get married again not leaving your home. START A FIGHT! Don't invite me o because your hubby might be my client!

I tried starting a fight but I don't think I was aggressive enough - I was ignored and it hurt!  grin

Your invite is on standby. . .
Re: Marriage: Is It Worth It? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2011
@ N101

lol grin

Just do the girly thing letz see if it will work. but, u will be wasting ur time if ur husband is anything like mine tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Things You Did As A Child / Nigerian Housemaid Wahala!!! / 100 Women Who Inspire Us In Our World Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.