Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:05 AM

Websites Registration/authentication Using Pin: How? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Websites Registration/authentication Using Pin: How? (1389 Views)

What Is Two Factor Authentication? / Help On How To Verify Adsense Address/payment Using PIN - Nigeria Adsense / [VIDEO]bypassing Authentication With The Firefox Addon Noredirect[/VIDEO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Websites Registration/authentication Using Pin: How? by fxpro1: 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2011
Hello nairalanders!!
It no new thing to see people buying scratch card to do one registration or the other, e.g jamb,waec,universities post-utme and so many others, I became very curious recently on how this kind of website operates, So,my questions goes thus:

#1. How are this pin/serial numbers generated, What software?what process??
#2. How does this website authenticate the pin and serials?are they already pre-stored in the database?
#3. Some webmaster even go further ahead to set the validation of the scratch card to a particular period/certain number of use, How is this set?through the website or through the pin generator??
and lastly, supposing i want to develop a website that works like this,what kind of knowledge/tools will i need?

Since am new to web design,this questions may sound dumb to some of you but i will really appreiciate a very proper and detailed clarification and explanation, BTW,am good in HTML,CSS,XHTML and a bit of php,
Thanks!!
Re: Websites Registration/authentication Using Pin: How? by Timileyin(m): 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2011
Its all easy, i think you need to get back to your Programming basic and also learn to use sql.

1- The Numbers are randomly generated through some random loops of number select and automatically saves it in the database.

2. They are Pre stored in the database and are called, checked if valid and are used.

3. Every other thing are informations collect from the database and stored during the first 2 process.
Re: Websites Registration/authentication Using Pin: How? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2018
Timileyin:
Its all easy, i think you need to get back to your Programming basic and also learn to use sql.

1- The Numbers are randomly generated through some random loops of number select and automatically saves it in the database.

2. They are Pre stored in the database and are called, checked if valid and are used.

3. Every other thing are informations collect from the database and stored during the first 2 process.
Pls do u hav d script to validate and lock a pin to a single user?
Re: Websites Registration/authentication Using Pin: How? by javascriptDev: 8:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
Hello there, just as the previous user had said you just need a pin generator algorithm, that is quite complex enough to be guess proof. What do you need it for, I could write you a script that does that in either php, nodejs, c++, java, perl, python or any major language of choice for free.
Re: Websites Registration/authentication Using Pin: How? by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 17, 2018
javascriptDev:
Hello there, just as the previous user had said you just need a pin generator algorithm, that is quite complex enough to be guess proof. What do you need it for, I could write you a script that does that in either php, nodejs, c++, java, perl, python or any major language of choice for free.
Wil be grateful if you can help. project is on php, pin generate into db and validate den lock pin to the user that uses the pin first. thanks in advance.

ifrekemfonudofia@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Manage A DDOS Attack. / 1000words For N1000 And 500words For N500 Unique Articles / How To Get Sulvo Ad Application Approved And Boost Your Earning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.