Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria (9595 Views)

"Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" / New Ruler General Buhari Orders All Politicians And Officials Report To Police. / Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by 2mch(m): 1:31am On Sep 10, 2011
[size=15pt]Fleeing Gaddafi forces, officials stray into Northern Nigeria
By Segun Ol
[/size]atunji, Kaduna
Saturday, 10 Sep 2011

View All (0) Comment(s)

Post Comment

Twitter

Send to friend

Members and security forces of the regime of the ousted Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi, may have crossed over to some parts of Northern Nigeria.

The Spanish-owned Hamada Radio International reported on Friday that the Libyans were fleeing from French Special Forces Foreign Legion and their British counterparts.

The report said that some members of the old Libyan regime were heading towards Burkina Faso.

According to the staion, the Libyans entered Nigeria on Thursday night when their convoy of trucks missed their way and headed towards the North-West town of Katsina.

There was a series of security co-coordinating conferences between Nigeria and Niger on how to check a spill-over of the Libyan crisis into the region, especially with the new wave of trans-border crossing by prominent Gaddafi loyalists, including Gen. Houssa Daw, the head of his presidential guard unit.

The report added that some members of the Libyan military, such as the head of Gaddafi’s security service, Gen. Youssef Dbiri, had maintained close family ties with Northern Nigeria.

Dbiri, the report claimed, had his maternal roots in Nguru, Yobe State in North-East Nigeria.

The report said, “According to security service sources in Niger Republic, the fragile ceasefire between the Touareg rebels and Niamey will be tested in the coming weeks if attempts are made to give outright support to the Special Forces from France, UK, USA and Jordan in the Gaddafi hunt.

‘‘Another fear is the solidarity and sympathy, which the fleeing Gaddafi supporters might get from Southern Niger, in the Maradi-Damagaran area, and the outer fringes of Northern Nigeria where al-Qaeda affiliated Boko Haram is lately seen as potent forces,” the report added.

The station further claimed that its sources had stated that more than 200 Nigerians were arrested in Libya by the Transitional National Council, while about 20 of them were executed last week for allegedly working for Gaddafi as mercenaries.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109102371376
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 10, 2011
Porous boarders, what did u expect?? Lets switch roles and see if that would have been possible to do to just miss road and enter Libya!
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by koruji(m): 2:00am On Sep 10, 2011
I hope GEJ realizes the nature of Ghaddafi, especially after openly calling on him to leave his "throne". Ghaddafi is the kind of person that would send mercenaries to cause trouble for Nigeria. Nigeria has the most to lose from hundreds of his mercenaries left jobless, heavily armed and roaming our northern border. We can expect cross-border raids or coups or rebel movements in some of these countries in the no distant future.

Ghaddafi has said that he will attack supporters of the rebels in their own lands. Openly supporting the rebels as GEJ has security implications beyond the talk and he must rise up to it.

I was half-expecting this article to say that those Libyan forces were met by a battalion or two of heavily armed Nigeria soldiers and trailed by the airforce. I was hoping that GEJ & his security advisers took Nigeria seriously enough, but it turned out I am a dreamer.

Our nation is vulnerable on all sides, but not to worry the big men are safe in their ill-gotten positions and mansions  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 2:09am On Sep 10, 2011
Hmmm, some kind of joke right?
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On Sep 10, 2011
Abegi!!! dem say Niger Republic, now these one's wan add themselves to the 'action' for notice. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by Basics007: 2:19am On Sep 10, 2011
Abeg as dem stray into Naija make dem just stray commot o. We get enough trouble as it is
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by kings33(m): 2:46am On Sep 10, 2011
I guess boko haram are on ground to welcome them.
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by KayDee4: 2:58am On Sep 10, 2011
2mch:

Members and security forces of the regime of the ousted Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi, may have crossed over to some parts of Northern Nigeria.

I hope the story doesn't go beyond the "may have" version.

Border Patrol wey una dey ? ?
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by ektbear: 3:26am On Sep 10, 2011
Nigeria and its porous borders.

Someone could probably smuggle lots of nukes into this country and we'd have no way of knowing undecided
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by KayDee4: 3:26am On Sep 10, 2011
kings33:

To welcome them as what? allies or adversaries ?  ?
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by velo10: 3:56am On Sep 10, 2011
Nigeria would certainly not accept them or we will accept them to give them up later. Have they forgotten so soon about Charles Taylor?. If I were them I would consider going to either Iran, North Korea, Venuzuela, Cuba, Syria or go back to Libya.
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by Ajaypompin(m): 4:36am On Sep 10, 2011
Nemesis will caught up with him soon.
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by blackbeau1(f): 5:07am On Sep 10, 2011
chei.dear God,please keep me alive through this rough time in Nigeria.
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by owobokiri(m): 5:12am On Sep 10, 2011
Propoganda. There is a worry in NATO circles that after the surprise quick take over of Tripoli and the shaky nature of the NTCs security outfits, the Gadaffi regime may regroup and attack the 'rats' , thereby causing wahala for the NATO oil theives. So they keep churning out this propoganda about how Gadaffi sons have been arrested, want to surrender or how his Generals are running helter-scelter just to create an atmosphere of confusion and pandemonium in Gadaffis ranks so that his commanding officers and men will be running away or go into hiding rather than elect to fight. Remember they told you two weeks ago that 3 of his sons have been arrested and sick Aljazeerah even played a fake interview with one of his sons while the stuupind ICCs head played along. Psychological warfare. Operation Mindfreak.
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 5:43am On Sep 10, 2011
Naija no get border security? The last thing we need is more insult to our already deep injuries. They should leave the way they came, abeg.
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by saintneo(m): 6:13am On Sep 10, 2011
owobokiri:

Propoganda. There is a worry in NATO circles that after the surprise quick take over of Tripoli and the shaky nature of the NTCs security outfits, the Gadaffi regime may regroup and attack the 'rats' , thereby causing wahala for the NATO oil theives. So they keep churning out this propoganda about how Gadaffi sons have been arrested, want to surrender or how his Generals are running helter-scelter just to create an atmosphere of confusion and pandemonium in Gadaffis ranks so that his commanding officers and men will be running away or go into hiding rather than elect to fight. Remember they told you two weeks ago that 3 of his sons have been arrested and sick Aljazeerah even played a fake interview with one of his sons while the stuupind ICCs head played along. Psychological warfare. Operation Mindfreak.
Excellent! I have always thought this as well. That interview was fake.
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by saintohia: 7:34am On Sep 10, 2011
If it's real, guy we need some USD cash & raw gold, one van wld do.

The question I've 4 the West (NATO) / UN is:

Why have they not passed a UN resolution to oust Syrian president and protect civilians as in Libyans case?

NOTE: the number of ppl already killed by Syrian govt is above 300%  or about  300 times the number killed in Libya & UN lured by the West passed a resolution to protect civilians at all cost including using military might.

I'm not a Gaddafi fan nor do I support him, but the story-line is not different from Iraq's case , "JUST 2 CONTROL THEIR OIL"
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by neyostica: 7:45am On Sep 10, 2011
@saintohia u av been brainwashd by radicals, were italy, france n co nt buyin oil during ghadaffi regime? U beta stop hatin
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by jamace(m): 8:01am On Sep 10, 2011
If this is true, I see them joining hands with BokoHaram to shatter Nigeria.

Security agencies should be up and doing to fish them out now before it becomes too late,
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by Idealkocep: 8:05am On Sep 10, 2011
Our security men need to act fast fast before they give these Boko haramites enough money and ammunitons to cause more havoc to our country. I had they posses enough Gold, dollar and pound sterling to throw around.
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 10, 2011
kings33:

ROFLMAO
More troubles for Nigerians ahead.BOKO HARAMS + GHADAFFI FORCES = GENOCIDE
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 10, 2011
Hehehe.

First came his henchmen

Testing the ground for the Colonel's arrival.   undecided

Just hand over a bar of gold and Nigerian customs would look the other way

Awaiting the news that is the imminent flood of Libyan weapons into Northern Nigeria
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by dave2(m): 8:47am On Sep 10, 2011
How possible is that
But wait o, anything can happen in Nigeria ooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by DEcyrus: 8:50am On Sep 10, 2011
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b]SAINTOHIA [/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

Thumbs Up for u, U dey see
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by gabychuks(m): 9:28am On Sep 10, 2011
oh naija d land where anything and everything is possible. God abeg help us. life ana gaga
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by reindeer: 9:54am On Sep 10, 2011
Bollocks!
This is some alarmist news
All ''mays'', nothing definite.
You think after the way Nigeria handed over Charles Taylor, any wanted person will come to hide in the country again?
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by fyomer: 10:40am On Sep 10, 2011
But the Northern leader are not in good term with Ghaddafi on his statement that Nigeria should be splited
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by money2ride: 10:57am On Sep 10, 2011
It is not only the northern borders that is porous but all. Go and ask the Crossers that move cars into Nigeria from Benin Republic . Anywhere along the "bush" routes uniformed custom officers are stationed collecting money from the crossers. I believe this is how they also collect money from these aliens from neighboring countries before allowing them to enter.

Our northern Muslim brothers and sisters should also be warned. It is not everybody that is a muslimthat comes your way you should take as a brother. A lot of aliens, in the north, were absorbed because they are Muslims and speak Hausa language. These people are not committed to Us Nigerians. From the ongoing most of the Boko Haram members are not Nigerians, they are illegal aliens from our neighbors in the North;Chad, Niger etc. ntall of them are acually bad but NCS please screen them before entry, not just money and enter.
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by cap28: 11:28am On Sep 10, 2011
this is bull sh.it as owobokiri said NATO are engaged in a massive disinformation campaign (psychological warfare) because they are not in full control of Tripoli, not to talk of sirte, and other pro gadaffi strongholds, to make matters worse many of the NTC officials are frightened of moving permanently to Tripoli and i even read a report that said that at the moment "its too dangerous for them to move to Tripoli permanently"  why?? i thought they captured it, why is it too dangerous for them to remain in a place they claim to have captured?

this rubbish about gadaffi's troops crossing the border into Niger and now nigeria is pure garbage, i know that gadaffi has a lot of supporters in Niger and burkina faso has also offered him political asylum but he has not fled libya - these NATO scum are trying to make his supporters (of which there are many in libya) beleive that he has given up.

Dont forget that gadaffi's entire army remains intact, it will regroup and launch a counter attack against these rebel scum this is what NATO are terrified of, lets see how NATO will be able to finance a permanent presence in libya when their nations are crumbling into bankruptcy.

we Africans need to unite and drive out these european satanic forces as they intend to remain on the african continent permanently in order to "secure" our resources away from the hands of the chinese.
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by JORDAN202: 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2011
I HOPE IT IS TRUE!!!

WHILE THEY R ADVANCING TO THE NORTH FROM LIBYIA, I WILL BE MAKING MY WAY TO KANO SOKOTO OR EVEN MAIDUGIRI.

GADDAFI IS IS POSSESSION OF A MIND BOGGLING AMOUNT OF CASH.

JUST IMAGINE IF I ALONE CAN CAPTURE HIM ?

I WILL RELIEF HIM OF THE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN HIS POSSESSION, THEN HAND HIM OVA TO THE NIGERIAN GOVT, THE LIBYIAN REBELS, THE ICC, AMERICA & BRITAIN.

WHILE THEY ARE BUSY DEALING WITH HIM, I WILL USE THE MONEY TO START MY OWN NEW COUNTRY WHERE NEPA WILL WORK.

I M LEAVING 4 THE NORTH FROM PH 2MORO.

IF U WANT TO JOIN ME AND BECOME RICH, PLS JOIN ME.

I LL NOT EVEN ALLOW BOKO HARAM TO TRY ANY NONSENSE WITH ME.
Re: Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria by dagboss(m): 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2011
@JORDAN202

Good business sense grin grin grin grin please give me a shout-out when you are going. I will go with you because i am dying to ride a Rolls-Royce Phantom cool cool cool cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Wins Bayelsa Central Senatorial By-Election / 2021: Year To Calm Down, And Wail Less – Femi Adesina / Wike’s 2024 Eid-el-fitr Message To Fct Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.