Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,444 members, 7,801,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians (7017 Views)

Siasia And Super Eagles Training At Abuja Stadium (PICS) / NFF Apologises To Nigerians, Explains Relationship With Oliseh / Chris Green (new Nff Technical Committee Under Pressure Over Siasia And Keshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by OAM4J: 2:19am On Sep 10, 2011
Enyeama apologises to Siasia, Nigerians
Nigeria goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama has apologised to the nation after last week’s spat with coach Samson Siasia.

Along with John Mikel Obi and Victor Anichebe, Enyeama had rowed about the team’s mode of travel to Madagascar.

A furious Siasia then dropped Enyeama for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier, stressing that his act of indiscipline was totally unacceptable.

But on Friday, Enyeama said sorry while insisting that his travel plan concerns were ‘completely misunderstood’.

Mikel, Anichebe and Enyeama, who plays for French side Lille, had all demanded that the Super Eagles fly on a bigger aircraft directly to Antananarivo, rather than the chartered flight that would stop over in Congo Brazzaville.

“My concerns were over safety, comfort and a better treatment in team’s preparation,” the former Hapoel Tel Aviv man told BBC Sport.

“What I said and how I went about it probably didn’t go down well with some people – but that was me.

“I raised a very sensitive issue, a selfless one in the best interest of the team, but was told of its bad timing.

“I felt it was something that was dealt with in-house (but) unfortunately it has been blown out of proportion in the media.

“I apologise to the coach, officials and to my colleagues, in particular, and to the nation in general for all that has happened.”
http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109103182153
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by Nobody: 2:46am On Sep 10, 2011
A furious Siasia then dropped Enyeama for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier, stressing that his act of indiscipline was totally unacceptable.

is this how siasia will continue dropping major players from the team in the name of indiscipline?? i hope this won't backfire ooooo,  angry angry angry
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by ObamaUS: 2:58am On Sep 10, 2011
NONSENSE AND AVERAGE PLAYERS, Could he have tried that with CAPELLO if he were playing for England?
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by femi4: 3:12am On Sep 10, 2011
otooro:

is this how siasia will continue dropping major players from the team in the name of indiscipline?? i hope this won't backfire ooooo,  angry angry angry
]Discipline comes first

AS GOOD AS ERIC CANTONA WAS IN HIS DAYS IN MAN U, HE NEVER WON THE WOLRD CUP WITH FRANCE BECAUSE OF INDISCIPLINE

Quote: The gift of a man takes him to the top, but it takes DISCIPLINE to remain there![quote][/quote]
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by Princek12(m): 4:28am On Sep 10, 2011
that is a good coach

discipline comes first

tolerating indiscipline from players who think they are indispensable will worsen the team, for those players will now believe they are indispensable and will probably not obey the coach's instructions in the future. such behavior is infectious and is a recipe for disaster, at least on the long run.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by velo10: 4:37am On Sep 10, 2011
Why is it during Siasia's tenure that that there is so much rave about indiscipline among players. I think Siasia is having an inferiority complex with the fact that the players earn more than him or something. So far Mikel, Odemingwe, Etuhu, Enyeama, Anichebe have had issues with this guy.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by owobokiri(m): 4:56am On Sep 10, 2011
velo10:

Why is it during Siasia's tenure that that there is so much rave about indiscipline among players. I think Siasia is having an inferiority complex with the fact that the players earn more than him or something. So far Mikel, Odemingwe, Etuhu, Enyeama, Anichebe have had issues with this guy.

I dont know what you are yapping about here. Everybody knows that Siasia was a more established player than most of the players in the present super eagles team including Enyeama. Lets face it; Enyeama hasnt even played in mainstream European leagues, Siasia did. If Siasia was playing today, he will be in one of the major leagues around, I am not sure you watched him do his thing in his hey days. So how is he feeling inferior to this bunch of cry babies? He's been there, done that and cant envy his inferiors and 95% of them in that Eagles team are inferior to Siasia 'skill-wise', The question of indiscipline has always been there for a long time but other managers tend to look the other way hoping that good results will cover things. It never worked as we get eliminated by any serious team in every competition. Part of the reason Siasia was recruited was to use his towering presence and experience to cage some egos. I don't understand where somebody like Mikel gets off trying to lecture Siasia on football issues, Mikel was discovered by Siasia and might still be dodging fulani cudgels in Jos if he wasn't exposed by Sisia. How can Siasia feel inferior to Mikel then?
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by ebogentle(m): 5:08am On Sep 10, 2011
I am with Siasia anyday. Discipline is key. I like Enyeama, Odemwingie, Mikel and the rest but disrespecting the coach is simply crossing the line. And I wont stand for that. If they can be disciplined when they are with their respective clubs, then its not too much to ask of them when they come to wear the green/white jersey.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by ASANIGBO(m): 6:00am On Sep 10, 2011
SEE

THEM

HERE

Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by Remii(m): 7:59am On Sep 10, 2011
^^^^That is a good one. lol
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by Basics007: 8:00am On Sep 10, 2011
I dont really understand what the crux of the matter was but an apology by Enyeama means an admission of guilt by him. Etuhu never apologised to Siasia cos he felt what he was fighting for was just.
But if 3 players were disobedient how come Mikel played in the Arg match? As for Anichebe,he better watch it. He's not an household name yet if he continues this way he may not last long in the national team. Make a name for yourself first before fighting the authorities
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by okeyazu: 8:39am On Sep 10, 2011

you are talking rubish how can siasia feel inferio to those he has made it b4 them, if there had been discipline in our football and nija things would have been better
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by dabrake(m): 9:52am On Sep 10, 2011
velo10:

are u hungry or what is d matter? talk 2 mi. i can help u
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by PhysicsQED(m): 10:22am On Sep 10, 2011
I read somewhere that some of those smaller planes are more susceptible to crashes than the larger ones. Don't have the exact link anymore. Anyway, I don't know how true that really is, but I know that I definitely wouldn't get into a plane that looked small, just because, intuitively, those things look weak - like any really strong turbulence could just thrash them immediately. I wonder how much smaller the plane in question was.

Many Russian hockey stars recently died riding in some "Yak 42" passenger jet that looks pretty small to me. Maybe Enyeama heard/read about that.

In the end, Enyeama is obviously a good player and I'm sure Siasia will reincorporate him.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by MyTake: 10:29am On Sep 10, 2011
velo10:

You probably heard the words 'inferirority complex' but u dont have a clue what it means- go do your homework pally

Indiscipline has always been an issue for teams.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by BizBooks(m): 10:43am On Sep 10, 2011
PhysicsQED:

Many Russian hockey stars recently died riding in some "Yak 42" passenger jet that looks pretty small to me. Maybe Enyeama heard/read about that.

The Russian plane crash happened after Enyeama made his complaint not before. That notwithstanding, I completely support Enyeama on this one. It is difficult to understand why the NFF cannot get a direct flight from Lagos to Madagascar of all places.

Siasia should stop shouting "Indiscipline" each time a player voices his opinion. If he wants to see real indiscipline, he should refer to Mancini vs Ballotelli, Mancini vs Teves, Redknapp vs Modric or Fergusson vs Rooney (circa 2010). Despite the fact that all the aforementioned players had exhibited some level of "indiscipline" at one time or the other, they are still playing for their respective teams.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by oknee: 10:47am On Sep 10, 2011
What is wrong with all these players dt feel they are indispensible. Mtcheeeew. Discipline is d key to success, without it, one can't go far. These players should learn to be submissive to their coach. If dy have an issue, dy can quietly bring it to d attention of d coach without being disrespectful. Dy are just displaying d kind of upbringing dy had, mtchheeew. Their ego are getting too bloated.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by ifyalways(f): 10:50am On Sep 10, 2011
Ability to say "I'm sorry,forgive me" makes a man stand tall.Good one @Enyeama.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by Texther(m): 10:53am On Sep 10, 2011
ok oo
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by breedman(m): 10:59am On Sep 10, 2011
velo10:

Why should SIASIA feel inferior to small boys,u think u are superior cause u have money,inferiority complex is a matter of the mind not physical cash,gtake time to understand that. Enyeama might be correct but the timing was bad,hence the brohaha.Bros we all know SIASIA was one of the best players playing for nigeria and his clubs abroad,so b4 u start talking realise he is the first nigerian coach earning more than 5milla per month,he stood his grounds when they tried reducing it because he knows his worth and realise this it takes a man to know what money is,money does not make a man,money is just a tool for you to accomplish events and i think that is what majority of africans should know because the craze for money and not the craze to seek for skillls and understanding will ruin a man. Solomon in the BIBLE did seek for wisdom and he got more than all the money he could wish for.So i think b4 u open ya mouth u better think first because u might not realise this,but i think nigerians love SIASIA even more than the super eagles and anything he does must be thought about carefully b4 comment,u can see how he did not blame MIKEL for the error he made cause that's how  a coach should take responsibility.

owobokiri:

Mikel was discovered by Siasia and might still be dodging fulani cudgels in Jos if he wasn't exposed by Sisia. How can Siasia feel inferior to Mikel then?

Bros u dey harsh o!see as u just dey yab a whole milllonaire like this,but na true u talk nor be lie.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by dabrake(m): 11:16am On Sep 10, 2011
BizBooks:

The Russian plane crash happened after Enyeama made his complaint not before. That notwithstanding, I completely support Enyeama on this one. It is difficult to understand why the NFF cannot get a direct flight from Lagos to Madagascar of all places.

Siasia should stop shouting "Indiscipline" each time a player voices his opinion. If he wants to see real indiscipline, he should refer to Mancini vs [size=13pt]Ballotelli[/size], Mancini vs Teves, Redknapp vs Modric or Fergusson vs Rooney (circa 2010). Despite the fact that all the aforementioned players had exhibited some level of "indiscipline" at one time or the other, they are still playing for their respective teams.
grand master of indiscipline
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by Effiko(m): 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2011
the good thing is dat he apologized . . . . . .
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by silvernus0: 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2011
after we lost to agentina? ,apology is late and not acceptable
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by velo10: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2011
You guys can say whatever you want. What I know is that a coach should expect indiscipline players in his team. What makes him a good coach is how he carries the team along together not how he metes out punishment for indiscipline. Within the short-time Siasia has been coach all we hear is he having problem with the players. So are Nigerian players now indiscipline or is it a crime to suggest a better plane to fly?
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2011
velo10:

You guys can say whatever you want. What I know is that a coach should expect indiscipline players in his team. What makes him a good coach is how he carries the team along together not how he metes out punishment for indiscipline. Within the short-time Siasia has been coach all we hear is he having problem with the players. So are Nigerian players now indiscipline or is it a crime to suggest a better plane to fly?
i hope u know who roy keane was and is,he was sent from the irish team during the WC for indiscipline by the coach,ginola never got picked by france due to indiscipline,cantona never went to a WC due to indiscipline,all these are 10times better players than naija and if they could be made to pay for their indiscipline,who the Bleep is eyeama
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by hbrednic: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2011
Siasia is now a dictator,
a good leader must always listen to the concerns of his people.
there is absolutely nothing wrong with enyeamas request.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by Aocreation: 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2011
I completely agree with Siasia, without discipline, you can never go far in your endeavours. Go back in history and you find out that no matter how talented you are, if you lack discipline, you will never get to the zenith.
Lets support the coach in getting the best out of his players, Siasia's records speak for him.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by aieromon(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2011
Nigerian footballers have always been arrogant since the days of Oliseh and Okocha.Siasia is really trying hard to curtail their excesses.
Apology accepted.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2011
Many people ranting against Siasia probably do not follow successful coaches. You do not build success on shaky foundations. Please read a little about Sir Alex Ferguson in case you do not know anything about him. His no-nonsense approach to management has brought loads of success to Manchester United FC. There are many other coaches like him out there.

Siasia is okay.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by mikymouse1(m): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2011
Siasia, forgive n forget!
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by Chidoxyl(m): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2011
velo10:

Haba Mr. Velo, 4 your info, most of these players have been displaying various acts of indiscipline while d other coaches were on board & all of those acts of indiscipline were condoned & buried under d carpets. Have U ever wondered y these coaches failed in d same fashion? This was d reason.

Should Siasia overlook their excesses, then he should be ready to go d same way his predecessors went - a failure.

And as touching your quote of Siasia having inferiority complex, other knowledgeable folks here on this front have educated U. I hope U learn from them.
Re: Enyeama Apologises To Siasia And Nigerians by Josh316(m): 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2011
NLanders surprise me a lot!!!! When the story broke last week, you guys MASSIVELY supported the action of the players only to turn round to stat calling them names in a typical Nigerian style where no one is ever satisfied with anything!
For one, INDISCIPLINE BEGETS INDISCIPLINE!! Incase many of you have short term memory loss, remember Siasia was an indisciplined player in the days of Westerhoff. Also, the indiscipline of the NFA now NFF has always resulted in counter-actions by players (as regards debts from match bonuses and welfare while the cats there embezzle these players dues). So for one, Enyeama was right to have demanded a better transport plan to the game. he has even shown how mature he is by apologising. However, if Siasia wants to succeed, he should rally round his players and not maintain some high horse. He as a former player knows the way the NFF treats players welfare in a shambolic manner and as a former player should DEMAND better treatment from the NFF theives. Incase any of you forgets, if the plane had crashed, both the players and Siasia would have perished and then all of you blaming Enyeama would have been writing and cursing the NFF. so Nigerians for once, BE RATIONAL!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Ur Updated Football Transfer News And Rumours Here!!! / Week 22 Sure Bankers / Today Bet9ja Code Uefa Champions League/europa League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.