Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,842 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:03 AM

Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. (207820 Views)

Please Help (Cost to Construct Concrete Parapet) / How To Construct Concrete Facial For Your Parapet Roof Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2011
more

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Fhemmmy: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2011
^^^ Not Bad . . . keep them coming
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Demainman1: 9:43am On Sep 27, 2011
@Spyder and All, I am looking to build a gazebo or 'OBI' in my compound. I prefer the ones with thatched roof like this one. Does anybody know what the guys that make them are called. Are they in Imo State?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 10:15am On Sep 27, 2011
^^^ I am sure they do the work in Imo state, just visit any drinking joint where they have a 'bush bar' and collect address of the guys that did their own.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Fhemmmy: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2011
Demain_man:

@Spyder and All, I am looking to build a gazebo or 'OBI' in my compound. I prefer the ones with thatched roof like this one. Does anybody know what the guys that make them are called. Are they in Imo State?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

I love that design for a gazebo . . . . Beautiful roofing for it
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Fhemmmy: 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2011
Showcase more, please
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by NL1960: 6:51pm On Oct 02, 2011
Somehow new to Nairaland and i have been following all the exciting threads by Oga Landlord (Spyder who abandoned us on SMN). I started my 4 bedroom duplex country home before i discovered this site. Iam now at the roofing stage. Just came back from home to see the extent of work before choosing a roofing colour. I have noticed something in some of the buildings i saw at home that were roofed with aluminum. The colour on the aluminum roofing sheet is already fading in some of the buildings. I also noticed this fading and peeling of colour in some buildings in lagos. Does it mean that fake aluminum sheet was used or is it the effect of weather?. In addition, how do you know the real aluminum roofing sheet.

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Fhemmmy: 1:59am On Oct 03, 2011
^^^ Will be back to read the response . . .
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 8:24am On Oct 03, 2011
@ NL1960, my man I didn't abandon my guys at SMN, in fact it was SLS that threw me out so roughly with his hard-line policies meant to hurt investors whom he believes are 'gamblers' grin grin.

As for the fading aluminum colors, I blame this on some of the manufacturers of roofing sheets, some of them don't oven bake their sheets. You know our naija way of half done jobs and craze for quick profits. I think the weather also plays a big part in all these, our sunshine here is harsh compared to some other parts of the world. Let me also add that some colors seem to resist fading and last longer on their original colors than others, I will show some more colors when I get to my PC later this morning.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 11:58am On Oct 03, 2011
Bad roofing jobs I saw along the road.

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2011
there is a a mix up with the colors

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2011
some roofing colors that are not easy to fade

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by opiscopy(m): 12:57pm On Oct 03, 2011
spyder, pls let us have their names alongside each picture, tanx
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2011
^^^^ I had wanted to put a color chart and other pics but the network connection here is horrible, been trying to upload 12 pictures since 2 hours!
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Fhemmmy: 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2011
Oga Spyder, when you see a bad roofing job, please tell us what made the roof bad, that is how we could learn oh . . .

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2011
NL1960:

Somehow new to Nairaland and i have been following all the exciting threads by Oga Landlord (Spyder who abandoned us on SMN). I started my 4 bedroom duplex country home before i discovered this site. Iam now at the roofing stage. Just came back from home to see the extent of work before choosing a roofing colour. I have noticed something in some of the buildings i saw at home that were roofed with aluminum. The colour on the aluminum roofing sheet is already fading in some of the buildings. I also noticed this fading and peeling of colour in some buildings in lagos. Does it mean that fake aluminum sheet was used or is it the effect of weather?. In addition, how do you know the real aluminum roofing sheet.

Actually, these are not all, but some of the important ones are here. I think the grey beige (as they call it is more durable, abi wetin una think?) That color looks like carton color.

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Fhemmmy: 8:15pm On Oct 03, 2011
^^^ Following and learning
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by NL1960: 10:27am On Oct 04, 2011
This is the building that i want to roof. I want to use bush green step tiles because of what i saw in the post 'Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures)' by Spyder. This is supposedly the back of the building which opens to our family inner compound.

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by NL1960: 10:28am On Oct 04, 2011
This is the front of the building. Comments are welcomed as iam still open to adjustments before roofing.

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by NL1960: 10:30am On Oct 04, 2011
This picture was taken from the balcony in the picture above. The long blue line in the foreground shows the great River Niger.

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Fhemmmy: 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2011
NL1960:

This is the front of the building. Comments are welcomed as iam still open to adjustments before roofing.

That is cute . . .
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Fhemmmy: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2011
NL1960:

This picture was taken from the balcony in the picture above. The long blue line in the foreground shows the great River Niger.

I can see myself spending a lot of time on that balcony looking at that view, beautiful view . . . . Keep this pix coming
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by NL1960: 5:31pm On Oct 05, 2011
Somebody suggested cream colour step tiles roofing sheet to me. He said that it is durable, does not fade and can easily go with other colours especially aluminum windows. Anybody that has a picture of a cream aluminum roof should please paste. Iam yet to see any.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2011
Cream? Are you sure they are not talking of the carton color I mentioned earlier, well I will show you two colors tomorrow.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Fhemmmy: 2:31am On Oct 06, 2011
I have missed a lot . . . .But using one eye to make sure i no over miss in action
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2011
in case you like this style

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by NL1960: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2011
I have heard it said somewhere that the colour of your roof should also be the colour of your window. How true is this?. For instance, can i use bush green step aluminum roofing sheet for my roof and then use cream colour aluminum for my windows?. I saw somebody use bush green for roof and also use use the same bush green for windows.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 10:52am On Oct 11, 2011
^^^ this is where artistic impulses take over, bush green goes on well with cream, gold and yellow, so does blue match gold, yellow and cream windows and hoods. Red roofs supports brown finishes and dark brown roofs are better with white, aluminium colour window hoods.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2011
this roof I showed earlier is taking shape.

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Fhemmmy: 4:44pm On Oct 14, 2011
Thanks for the update, and keep them coming, Sir
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by amyliu(f): 9:17am On Apr 18, 2012
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Hi Everyone, Our factory can supply coated embossed auminium coils by high quality and competive price in china.

we export oven-backed and embossed aluminium coils to nigeria since 2006.If any interests, Please cotact me as below :
Amy
Sales Manager
Chongqing Guosheng aluminium Co.,Ltd
Mob : 86-13220316020 MSN: amysunlife@hotmail.com
Fax : 86-23-68060182 SKYPE: amysunlife
www.cqgs-al.net

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
Lets take it to this side, no need to derail our building threads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices / Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.