Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,576 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji (10583 Views)

Nigerians: Cameroon Troops Burned Our Village, Forced Us Out- Associated Press / Ijaws Are Non-natives Of Rivers State. / Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by aloyemeka1: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2011
[size=14pt]Activities of Boko Haram pushed us to send back non-natives – Orji[/size]
From CHUKS ONUOHA, Umuahia
Friday September 09, 2011

Abia State Governor, Chief Theodore Ahamefule Orji has said the reason he is sending non-natives back to their home states is to enable the state to accommodate many Abia natives displaced in some crisis-ridden states of the nation by the activities of Boko Haram.

He made the explanations in a radio broadcast yesterday as part of the activities marking the 20th anniversary of the creation of the state and his 100 days in office. He said the move was a not vindictive measure but to, among other things, accommodate many Abia natives displaced in some crisis-ridden states.

He said further that the move would help the state government to implement the N18,000 minimum wage for workers, stressing that his administration was committed to the payment of the new minimum wage as stipulated in the 1999 Constitution as amended. “The compelling reasons for our action are as follow: there are many Abians displaced from the northern part of the country as a result of the activities of Boko Haram and others like them, who are anxiously waiting on government for re-absorption and rehabilitation.”

The governor noted that it would be difficult for his government to achieve its desire of satisfying its workforce with its present bloated workforce in which non-natives rank highest. “We can only achieve our desire of making our workers happy through the transfer of the non -indigenes in our civil service workforce to their states of origin.”

According to him, “the pupil-teacher ratio in our public schools is not encouraging, indicating that we have excess teachers who are virtually redundant. And the echelon of this profession is predominantly dominated by non-indigenes, to the major disadvantages of the indigenes who themselves need to be encouraged by promotion so that new people will be recruited to reduce unemployment. “Some time in the past, Abians working in other neighbouring states were disengaged and forced to return to their states for re-absorption. They were accordingly absorbed and non-indigenes from those states in Abia, have since been retained and peacefully accommodated.

Now that the state is committed to the payment of N18,000 minimum wage, the state cannot pay this if we silently continue to bear the burden of accommodating displaced Abians from other states, non-indigenes in the workforce and the existing workforce.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/sept/09/national-09-09-2011-012.html
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by aljharem3: 9:31pm On Sep 10, 2011
well i guess other states too should do the dumb thing he did

he is not even making sense at all

so kano, oyo, kwara, anambra, delta etc should all push non-natives out of their states because of Boko haram
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by udezue(m): 9:41pm On Sep 10, 2011
As long as the non-natives are of core-Northern origin then no problem but if it affects Igbos, even Efik-Ibibios, or Ogoni then its a problem.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by amaham(m): 12:39am On Sep 11, 2011
Clueless thief,if evry state starts retrenchin abia workers does he tink he can accomodate all of dem. My aunt 4rm abia dat married an ebonyi state man was even affected by his proposed retrenchment.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by aloyemeka1: 12:51am On Sep 11, 2011
udezue:

As long as the non-natives are of core-Northern origin then no problem but if it affects Igbos, even Efik-Ibibios, or Ogoni then its a problem.

So it will be alright to you if Zamfara retrenches all Igbo/Efik/Ibibio/Ijaw civil servants in their state?
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by udezue(m): 12:53am On Sep 11, 2011
Yes @ Aloy, it will totally okay with me. What are they doing in that God forsaken place anyway?
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Kobojunkie: 1:20am On Sep 11, 2011
Orji, in Abia State, who has successfully, helped further reduce a promising state into one of the hell holes in Nigeria, doing this? And some are blindly applauding this xenophobic move?
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by aloyemeka1: 1:27am On Sep 11, 2011
udezue:

Yes @ Aloy, it will totally okay with me. What are they doing in that God forsaken place anyway?

Do you have jobs for them if they come back South?. If Zamfara accommodates them, let them stay there. That is the way of life. This issue caused a lot of trouble in Nigeria after new states were created and parents were left with no jobs or pension from the govt. Ironically, many of Orji's relatives will be gainfully employed in Canada, UK or US and those countries are foolish to allow Nigerians to work in their country. Discrimination is a biatch.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by amaham(m): 1:43am On Sep 11, 2011
Why can't dis short senile okija-going govnor pay dis minimum wage witout retrenching workers. De funniest part is he calld it transfer of service to milden it.anyhow I dey welcome all supposedly stranded abians 2 their state of origin hope they'll enjoy de daily disco we dance while drivin on our roads.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by udezue(m): 3:10am On Sep 11, 2011
@Aloy, Boko Haram and muslim northerners have already sent them packing to their native Abia state so Abia state has the right to equally respond by sending them packing as well. Abia state must accomodate its people and related people 1st before worrying about complete strangers from the desert north. I am not a fan of Orji but I won't criticize the move. Let everybody answer their father's name.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 11, 2011
Orji has to be the most re-tarded of all Govs. He makes Oni look like B.F Skinner.

Most of those ppl eiher dont have a home back in the North or they moved to the SE (OF ALL PLACES) for better circumstances in life.

Why does this remind me of "The trail of tears"?
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by CyberG: 3:41am On Sep 11, 2011
This is rather silly and very short sighted of this governor and his supporters on this thread. So, if other states send away people from Abia who may be way high up on the pay scale, say level 10 of the civil service, they would go back to Abia to earn 18,000? Averagely speaking, most northerners in Abia civil service will not be on the higher rank but Abians will probably be on a higher rank and does it make sense to be sent away from a 100,000 job to your home state to go and work for less?

Another thing is this, if other states decide to send back Abians, you can be quite certain that they will in almost all certainty send back people who are not Abians but from the SE and will not hire anyone with SE name because they can argue that they intentionally changed their state to be something else other than Abia. This may not be true in all cases but what can anyone affected do about it? Will the governor ask for them to be sent back again to be hired in Abia state? Well, tribalism caused war in the past and the stage may just be setting again with uselessness like this one!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 11, 2011
CyberG:

This is rather silly and very short sighted of this governor and his supporters on this thread. So, if other states send away people from Abia who may be way high up on the pay scale, say level 10 of the civil service, they would go back to Abia to earn 18,000? Averagely speaking, most northerners in Abia civil service will not be on the higher rank but Abians will probably be on a higher rank and does it make sense to be sent away from a 100,000 job to your home to go and work for less elsewhere?

Another thing is this, if other states decide to send back Abians, you can be quite certain that they will in almost all certainty send back people who are not Abians but from the SE and will not hire anyone with SE name because they can argue that they intentionally changed their state to be something else other than Abia. This may not be true in all cases but what can SE state governors do then? Ask for them to be sent back again to be hired in Abia state? Well, this is how tribalism caused war in the past and the stage may just be setting again with uselessness like this one!

I know that you're from the SE, so forgive me if I say  your govs do not think at all.

An average person would claim that they're tribalists.

Another one, Okorocha, made a huge statement about "Providing education for non-natives (Northerners) too" since he passed his free education reform. Before nko? Must the northerners be singled out, even if they've been living there for generations? A very condescending statement to make.

very disgusting things.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Onlytruth(m): 4:13am On Sep 11, 2011
Posted by: Ileke-IdI
I know that you're from the SE, so forgive me if I say your govs do not think at all.

An average person would claim that they're tribalists.

Another one, Okorocha, made a huge statement about "Providing education for non-natives (Northerners) too" since he passed his free education reform. Before nko? Must the northerners be singled out, even if they've been living there for generations? A very condescending statement to make.

very disgusting things.

God forbid bad thing! Tufia!

So, you can't even recognize your own brother. undecided
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Nobody: 4:19am On Sep 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

So, you can't even recognize your own brother.  undecided 

But ofcourse. God blessed me with the ability to see person through the internet.
I wonder why you were not graced with such acute vision.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by CyberG: 4:26am On Sep 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

So, you can't even recognize your own brother.  undecided 

ONLYLIES is still smarting from the massive beat down he got just a few hours ago. grin grin grin. I don't play your tribalistic BS games. What I told another tribalist is applicable to you, say a big AMEN if your conscience is clean and you tell ONLYTRUTH:

udezue:

The same allies who fought to wipe out another group are now the ones wiping each other out? How the Plateau people have made themselves vulnerable in their own land is amazing.

You are afflicted with the curse of tribalism because the only thing you see here is their tribe. Imagine this is your pregnant relative who just got wiped out and the only thing people take away from the unfortunate incident is her tribe. There are many tribalists and racists like you on NL and the evil you refuse to give-up the tribalism you encourage and perpetuate, you will reap the reward someday except you don't redeem yourself from this curse immediately.

BTW, an old foolish man like you should not be following a younger man like a gay pedophile dummy pin-head. Get a life and stop following me everywhere like a zombie! grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Onlytruth(m): 4:31am On Sep 11, 2011
^^
MY friend sharrap dia!

Udezue is a surviving son of Igbo who was almost wiped out by the same people you are pitying.
He owes them no pity.  cool

And tell your Yoruba brothers to repent and BEG us for forgiveness for their role in Biafra, else SAME FATE awaits them.  cool
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Nobody: 4:33am On Sep 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^
MY friend sharrap dia!

Udezue is a surviving son of Igbo who was almost wiped out by the same people you are pitying.
He owns them no pity.  cool

You're a shameless tribalist.

I used to look up to your posts until I found out your kinky habits of posting tribalistic comments. I hope you don't drown in your own disgusting tribalistic-pool.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Onlytruth(m): 4:35am On Sep 11, 2011
^^

I am NOT a tribalist. I am a realist of the Nigerian situation. cool
A sad realist.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

I am NOT a tribalist. I am a realist of the Nigerian situation. cool
A sad realist.

Potatoe potato.

Still a tribalist.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by CyberG: 4:37am On Sep 11, 2011
ONLYLIES: Don't sound all conciliatory by calling me your friend and going on again with your dagger of tribalistic shame. I cannot be friends with a tribalist. Udezue and yourself are old men who should know better and should not repeat the mistakes that has not benefited that country till date.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Onlytruth(m): 4:42am On Sep 11, 2011
Posted by: CyberG

ONLYLIES: [b]Don't sound all conciliatory by calling me your friend [/b]and going on again with your dagger of tribalistic shame. I cannot be friends with a tribalist. Udezue and yourself are old men who should know better and should not repeat the mistakes that has not benefited that country till date. 

Obvious you are NOT Igbo. hehehe! grin
"My friend" in Igbo parlance does not mean friend literally. It actually means the opposite.
It precedes a command to a person deemed of lesser status.  cool Ask any Igbo about that.

I AM NOT YOUR FRIEND BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE OF SHINNING MY SHOES.  cool

And what is it about you and old men?!  undecided
Did anybody molest you? LMAO.
Grow up dude. undecided
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

"My friend" in Igbo parlance does not mean friend literally. It actually means the opposite.
It precedes a command to a person deemed of lesser status.  cool Ask any Igbo about that.

And what is it about you and old men!  undecided

You're too overgrown for this shameless attitude. Tribalism does not sit well with you.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Onlytruth(m): 4:49am On Sep 11, 2011

You've overgrown this shameless attitude. Tribalism does not sit well with you.

How I wish you told that to Pa Awo when he was scheming to starve out my people, some of who were mere infants. undecided

Anyway, I told you already. I am not a tribalist. Any close observer of human behavior would spot that.
I'm just a realist.

I believe a day may come when I change if things change in Nigeria.

You have to take my words for it.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Nobody: 4:50am On Sep 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

How I wish you told that to Pa Awo when he was scheming to starve out my people, some of who were mere infants. undecided

Anyway, I told you already. I am not a tribalist. Any close observer of human behavior would spot that.
I'm just a realist.

I believe a day may come when I change if things change in Nigeria.

[size=28pt]You have to take my words for it. [/size]

Were you starved?

Is that why you persist in your shameless tribalism?

Your words stopped meaning anything to me a LONGGGG ago, so stop acting as if your words have any value.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Onlytruth(m): 4:53am On Sep 11, 2011

Were you starved?

Is that why you persist in your shameless tribalism?

Your words stopped meaning anything to me a while ago, so stop acting as if your words have any value.

If the mother who gave birth to me starved to death, will I be here today? NO.
My dad was a Biafran soldier, so he had food. My mum didn't. cry
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by CyberG: 4:55am On Sep 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

And what is it about you and old men?!  undecided
Grow up dude.  undecided

Everyone who reads your posts can obviously see you are a tribalist but may not know I just used your old bigoted head to mop the shitty floor, hence you follow me around now like a zombie! The only thing you mention is your tribe but I challenge you to say "Amen" to what I said before you couldn't. I asked you to prove yourself here and stop hiding behind your tribal sentiments, you could not. Clearly, an empty barrel like you makes the most noise. An old foolish man would always be schooled by even a baby but the big shame is that he cannot see his disgrace even if it slapped him in the nose.

Again, proof yourself, live me alone and stop leeching after my every foot step. I can NEVER be a friend of a TRIBALIST and EVIL BIGOT like you and the evil you cause Nigeria with this attitude of yours is what you will reap all your life until you stop it. Stop following me around ga.y pedo.phile evil RACIST! tongue tongue grin
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

If the mother who gave birth to me starved to death, will I be here today? NO.
My dad was a Biafran soldier, so he had food. My mum didn't.  cry

God bless your mother, but I'm sure she didnt raise any fool.

So stop with the tribalism.

CyberG:

Everyone who reads your posts can obviously see you are a tribalist but may not know I just used your old bigoted head to mop the shitty floor, hence you follow me around now like a zombie! The only thing you mention is your tribe but I challenge you to say "Amen" to what I said before you couldn't. I asked you to prove yourself here and stop hiding behind your tribal sentiments, you could not. Clearly, an empty barrel like you makes the most noise. An old foolish man would always be schooled by even a baby but the big shame is that he cannot see his disgrace even if it slapped him in the nose.

Again, proof yourself, live me alone and stop leeching after my every foot step. I can NEVER be a friend of a TRIBALIST and EVIL BIGOT like you and the evil you cause Nigeria with this attitude of yours is what you will reap all your life until you stop it. Stop following me around man-lover craddle-robber evil RACIST! tongue tongue grin

Ogbeni, show me that thread jare. I want to read.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Chyz2: 4:58am On Sep 11, 2011
His excuse doesnt even make sense in any way undecided. What does boko haram concern abia? How would the move help implement the new minimum wage in his state if all the other SE governors agreed to do the same? Wont Abia natives in other SE states be payed the minimum wage as well? undecided. . .He just wants less people to be in Abia so he has less to dish out and more to pocket. I'm guessing he doesnt thing the other Igbo governors can follow suit and if that happens there will be an influx of Abians back to abia and the fool still wont be able to pocket as much money as he planned. Clown!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Onlytruth(m): 4:58am On Sep 11, 2011
Can someone tell this goat [b]CyberG [/b]to avoid Igbo threads!
He followes Igbo threads and claims that Igbos follow him.  undecided
True dimwit.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by obowunmi(m): 5:10am On Sep 11, 2011
Boko horam are hungry and jobless Nigerian youths.

They're not non-natives --- not suprised Libyans are killing Nigerians, many people this day lack the gift of tolerance.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji by Nobody: 5:11am On Sep 11, 2011
obowunmi:

Boko horam are hungry and jobless Nigerian youths.

They're not non-natives --- [size=13pt]not suprised Libyans are killing Nigerians, many people this day lack the gift of tolerance. [/size]

Are you lost? Just asking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply / Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing / Internally Generated Revenue: State Governors Target N1.1 Trillion IGR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.