Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? (9104 Views)

Which Books Would You Recommend For A Programmer / What Android Phone Wud You Recommend For A Programmer? / [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by SayoMarvel(m): 10:57pm On Sep 10, 2011
Hi guys, please which of these phones will you recommend for a hardcore programmer/developer/hacker as his everyday phone?

1. Samsung Galaxy S/S2
2. Apple iPhone 3gs/4
3. Nokia n900/N8/X7
4. BB Touch/Bold 4

or we can do this in terms of OS

1. iOS 4
2. meeGo
3. Maemo 5
4. Android 2.3 (gingerbread)
5. Symbian ^3
6. BB OS (RIM)
7. Windows phone 7

This is just a short list, if your choice is not on the list, kindly mention it.
Please I also want to know reasons why you made your respective choices. Thanks.Hi guys, please which of these phones will you recommend for a hardcore programmer/developer/hacker as his everyday phone?

1. Samsung Galaxy S/S2
2. Apple iPhone 3gs/4
3. Nokia n900/N8/X7
4. BB Touch/Bold 4

or we can do this in terms of OS

1. iOS 4
2. meeGo
3. Maemo 5
4. Android 2.3 (gingerbread)
5. Symbian ^3
6. BB OS (RIM)
7. Windows phone 7

This is just a short list, if your choice is not on the list, kindly mention it.
Please I also want to know reasons why you made your respective choices. Thanks.
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by Mobinga: 5:23am On Sep 11, 2011
How much is in your pocket?
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by SayoMarvel(m): 1:18pm On Sep 11, 2011
Money is not an issue here.
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by Fayimora(m): 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2011
Nokia 3310 or better still Nokia 1100

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by Mobinga: 12:14am On Sep 12, 2011
SayoMarvel:

Money is not an issue here.

lol.
Fayimora:

grin grin
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by Fayimora(m): 6:01am On Sep 12, 2011
lol Seriously. As long as it receives and you can make and send with it, your good to go. However, if you develop android apps, you might want to have an android phone to test your apps properly, same goes for others cheesy
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by dellnet: 2:52am On Sep 13, 2011
Fayimora:

I had the same in mind.
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by naijaswag1: 10:16am On Sep 13, 2011
am suggesting turaya,that 090 phone so that you can call from the deserts.

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by adewaleh(m): 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2011
PDA is okay. Used 4 hacking nearby phones to get information
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by SayoMarvel(m): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2011
am serious pleaz,
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by Fayimora(m): 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2011
There is nothing like a programmer's phone! You dont want to see the type of phones some of my lecturers and tutors use. Just buy a phone that you like or something. Also, if you develop apps for say Android, you could get an android phone but again thats your choice,

Hope that helped!
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by ajaxify: 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2011
Santa Maria! Please buy a blackberry curve 0.5 por favor
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by sisqology(m): 12:37am On Sep 15, 2011
Lol^ I nor trust u again
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by SayoMarvel(m): 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2011
@Fayimora there's really something called a programmer's phone. Flashed with this edition, N900 will be usable as a primary phone device for a developer/hacker person, http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900
Meanwhile, nairaland needs support for html formatted posts. I wanted that text to be the label for the link.
Errm. . . maybe I'll go to the phone section for more answers. Thanks guys.
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2011
i will recommend the iPhone,
I was able to installed the python interpreter, httpd server, putty for SSHing, Java VM. cos those matter to me
C/C++ compiler is also available for those who use the language
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by SayoMarvel(m): 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2011
@webdezzi which version?
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 19, 2011
starting from 3g. or IOS 2.2
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by Fayimora(m): 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2011
Huh you installed all those on an iPhone?   Bro are you sure about that cause I posses an iPhone and iPad but havent seen such,
Re: Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2011
though i've not tried the ipad, you ve got a machine bro.

i got the python and http server from cydia
you get to run the python like you run it from CLI, it comes with all of python's standard module so you get to use urllib, ftplib etc
your machine comes with an ssh server, root with password 'alpine'
all you need it open it up.

so many tutorials on this on youtube.

Note: warranty void once jailbroken.

(1) (Reply)

How Much It Cost To Build An App Like Uber Or Spotify / The Travails Of Junior Developers / Ccna Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.