Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1236788 members, 1646337 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 April 2014 at 12:46 PM

Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? (12140 Views)

Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / tourist attraction centers in lagos state for a visiting white american??? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by Dantecmu(m): 10:14pm On Aug 29, 2007
Help would be going to the american embassy to secure a visiting visa what are the likely documents i would need to present am presently working with a multinational company here in Nigeria and also running my masters programme in Nigeria. i plan to stay in the US for a period of Ten Days would also want to know hw much Bank statements i could present and what the likely questions are. your opinions are higly appreciated.
ciao
Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by darfur(m): 12:29am On Aug 30, 2007
bros u need many documents o
bank statements, property statements, employment statements, every available document to show u have money and that you are comfortable in naija.
you may need a native Dr too.
a virgin fly
a cockroach with 5 and half legs
two egypt born mosquitos
and a human head that has horns and three ears attached to it with a cleft lip and palate
blood of a virgin female dog that is five yrs old
etc etc etc

prayer and fasting
Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by uspry1(f): 3:00am On Aug 30, 2007
Visiting VISA Procedures:

Read the general information that is found at
http://abuja.usembassy.gov/general_information2.html

All travelers must fill these forms online: VISA appointment form
(DS-156, non-immigrant visa application) that is found at
http://abuja.usembassy.gov/forms.html

Types of Visa:

You choose the Visitor, tourist, and transit visas.

VISA Immigration office hours:

Consular section Abuja which handles visa applications is
open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and
Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. except on public holidays and
closed to the public the last Friday of every month.

Consular section Lagos which handles visa applications is
open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. except on
public holidays.

All visa applications that are on walked in bases will be processed
3-4 working days if the requirements are met and money for exact
fees are attached. If mailed in, allow a processing time of 1-2 weeks
(ten working days). Also enclose a return prepaid express envelope
eg.: FEDEX, UPS, DHL, or USPS for your passport to be mailed back.
Forms that are not fully completely signed and dated or with incomplete
requirements and supporting documents will not be accepted. It is
important that Embassy will not mail any passport in regular envelopes
that do not have tracking numbers.

REQUIREMENTS:

PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO APPLY WITHIN 3 MONTHS OF THEIR TRAVEL DATE, NOT BEFORE , that is do not apply in June for a trip in December.

All non-immigrant visa applicants must pay the non-refundable
$100 visa application fee.

Applicants must also submit all of the following:

A. Electronic, bar-coded DS-156 non-immigrant visa application (for all applicants),
         available at the website listed above or at
         https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp?lang=1

B. you must have valid international passport at least 6 months
         beyond the intended period of stay in the United States.

C. Two passport (5cm x 5cm) photographs with full face forward
         against a white background taken within the last six months. Hair must
         not cover the ears. No photos with dark glasses or non-religious, tribal,
         or chieftaincy head covering will be permitted.

D. A copy of round-trip ticket

E. Resident aliens inviting friends must submit a Letter of invitation
         accepting their immigration responsiblity or evidence of financial support
         (Notarized Supporting Affidavit Form I-134)

F. Applicants for transit visas must submit copies of their onward tickets
         and visas to their destinations.

G. Children must submit copies of their birth certificates showing names
         of their parents.

H. Children of Nigerian parents must submit copies of the information
          page of both parents’ passport, and letter of consent from both parents.

I. Tourist must submit copies of their certified hotel reservation statements.

J. Applicants traveling to the United States for pleasure may submit
        letters of invitation from friends or relatives or confirmation of participation
        in a planned tour and the information page of friends' or relatives' passports.

K. Aliens married to Nigerians or invited by Nigerians must submit copies of
         their hosts' or spouses' passports and letters accepting responsibility.

L. Applicants seeking to enter the United States for medical treatment must
         present detailed information about the medical condition, the duration and
         total projected cost of the proposed treatment, and evidence of their ability
         to cover all expenses.

M. Appropriate fee in one of the designated bank branches of UBA Plc to
         make payment before their VISA interview appointment.

MAKE AWARE THE FACT THAT:
**** I AM NOT TRAVEL AGENT OR EMBASSY CONSULAR, this information are found above link *****

1 Like

Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by Vicjustice: 11:34am On Aug 30, 2007
The MOST IMPORTANT DOCUMENT is a credible and solid prove that you'll return to Nigeria before your visa expires.
Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by Baba_Dibia: 11:41am On Aug 30, 2007
darfur:

bank statements, property statements, employment statements, every available document to show u have money and that you are comfortable in naija.
a virgin fly
two egypt born mosquitos
and a human head that has horns and three ears attached to it with a cleft lip and palate
blood of a virgin female dog that is five years old
etc etc etc

prayer and fasting

you are a wice man, thanks you for your advise. so dantecmu a word is enouph for a wise, you have heard and you no what you should do. contact me if you need help
Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by Baba_Dibia: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2007
darfur:

a virgin fly
two egypt born mosquitos
blood of a virgin female dog that is five years old
etc etc etc

prayer and fasting

you are a wice man, thanks you for your advise. so dantecmu a word is enouph for a wise, you have heard and you no what you should do. contact me if you need help
Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by walenchy11: 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2007
Book your US visa appointment for just N15,000 within 1 week. Leave your information now pay when we secure appointment for you. Above price is negotiable if you are booking more than 3 appointment. Mail me if you are interested at olofintuade@gmail.com.

For Nigerians only
Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by bebe2007(m): 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2007
walenchy11:

Book your US visa appointment for just N15,000 within 1 week. Leave your information now pay when we secure appointment for you. Above price is negotiable if you are booking more than 3 appointment. Mail me if you are interested at olofintuade@gmail.com.

For Nigerians only

U should be ashamed of yourself. You are no different from those tugs outside the Us embassy harrasing pple to pay for every damn thing even the ground they step on. Do you have a job at all? do you know what it takes to make N15,000 i bet you dont cuz if you do you would not ask for such a ridiculous amount for doing absolutely nothing.

Sorry if i appear to be hard on you but people like you complicate already complicated situations in this country. Visa fee is N14,000 and is this visa that can actually make you gain entrance into US and urs is just an appointment to get the visa which the applicant is not even sure of getting. Think o!!! use your sense.

Please those of you intending to go to the US, book your appointment online yourselves. I know its hard but keep at it, continue to refresh the page by pressing F5. If you intend to travel in December, start looking for an appointment date in January, its that bad o!!! thats what the US government has reduced us to.

I fell victim to the likes of the above poster and it was not funny, i almost did not go for my interview. They are such cheats, someone got a fake appointment from these peddlers can you imagine that. Please like i earlier stated, DO YOUR THING YOURSELF.

As for the poster, just go to their website and you will see all that you might need to tender there but that does not guaranty anything. First things first, HAVE YOU TRAVELLED OUT OF THIS COUNTRY BEFORE thats a determinant o!!! on the day of my interview alot of genuine people were turned down cuz they had not travelled out before. I personally think its ridiculous but it applies there. If you have travelled severally to other places its easier, in my case i was not even asked to produce all the documents i carried. She only asked for my invitation letter. No bank statement etc and i was given. There is really no formular to the visa process, answer your questions correctly, dont call for example your cousin your brother, etc they really do not understand why u wld say that. They see it you telling lies. In Nigeria of course thats very normal to call your cousin your brother.
All the best mate!!!

2 Likes

Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by Dantecmu(m): 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2007
@bebe2007
Darline thanks a lot while i have actually travelled to the uk, ireland, and southafrica so having about three visas on my passport. and i finally did get an appointment date for next month at there abuja embasy but am still scared all though all my documents are legit just wanna go chill with ma cuz for about a week or two am not really to bothered at the same time am trying not to expect so much so am not too dissapointed.and lastly how much bank statement would be suitable?
Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by vikiviko(m): 8:59am On Sep 05, 2007
What do you mean by how much bank statement.

But i guess you might the balnce to be in the statement?
Contact me if you need classified details on your bank stetments.
vikiviko2002@yahoo.com
Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by bebe2007(m): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2007
@poster

Good that you have travelled before, but did i read that your MA is in the US? if yes. you need to do your homework. How did she get to live there? is she a citizen? how did she get the citizenship, what year, what does she do there? these are likely questions i have heard them ask.

On your own part, if you are employed take a letter of your employment from your company, a letter also saying you are going on leave for , duration and would be back to work, , Bank statement for six months just enuff cash to show that you can afford the trip, thats if you are sponsoring yourself. If not the Bank statement of your sponsor and a covering letter. U shld also add yours it makes better sense since you work and Letter of invitation. other exras could be Bank statement of the person inviting you, photocopy of his/her passport.

Would have been better not to mention your mum. If you show you have family ties,they are usually weary but if you can defend it its no biggy. Just establish the fact that you have a stable, well paying job which you would always come back to. Do not go borrowing money now to fill up your account o!!! it will be obvious, in your employment letter they would see what you earn so they would have a rough estimate as to what your account would be like. Just make sure there is enuff cash to cover all the expenses. It musn't be millions, hundred(s) will do. Be confident, Express yourself clearly. Read up a little about the state you are visiting just incase they ask what you would be doing there when you go. Good luck mate and lets know what happens ok.
Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by Dantecmu(m): 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2007
@bebe2007
darline thanks again i feel ur gist have gathered all necessary documents and am not really expectant of anything would walk in there do my thing and work out i thing the mindset during the interview is very important cus the US are not necessarily after your documents but your confidence and composure during the interview am going with less than 350k and with just an invitation letter sent to my email by my uncle i have a lot of ties back home and sincerly writing i dont think its goin to be a big deal thanks for your response ok would definatly get back to you what ever the outcome might be take kare
Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by pure.breed: 4:53am On Aug 05, 2008
Please people, i would like to know if i stand a chance of getting a 2weeks visa to the United states with just a paid hotel reservation and no family there.

NB:If the U.S is a now way, can Holland, Germany or Belgium be better. I am a student and just wants to go for my holiday.
Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by faoni572(m): 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2008
How can someone get this certified hotel reservation statements here from Nigeria if nobody is inviting me?
Re: Help! What Documents Do I Need For A Visiting Visa To The Us? by nigerians: 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2010
DO U NEED SET DOCUMENTS ANY VISA APPLICATIONS? CONTACT ME on travelingwithease@gmail.com

(0) (Reply)

What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? / Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) / Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.