Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,769 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? (7860 Views)

Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by xynerise: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2011
I dont have anything negative in mind o. Just asking. grin
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by r231(m): 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2011
it depends
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2011
it all depends on who is judging the act:
- his insecure/jealous wife will surely think it's wrong.
- a faithful caring married man wouldn't see anything wrong in the act.
- the girl's bf may also see it as wrong (especially if he doesnt trust her)
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2011
He can give her a lift only after discussing it with his wife or better still he can just jam her and go his way. He is a married man and must avoid all temptations.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^are you claiming that a man should first discuss it with his wife before HELPING SOMEONE?!

someone is in distress, anyone's (with no ill intention) FIRST thought should be to help that person, regardless of what their insecure partner may think!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Outstrip(f): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2011
Nothing wrong with it. Do you expect him to leave her in the street if it would be unsafe
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^are you claiming that a man should first discuss it with his wife before HELPING SOMEONE?!

someone is in distress, anyone's (with no ill intention) FIRST thought should be to help that person, regardless of what their insecure partner may think!

Exactly!!!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by r231(m): 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2011
andromida:

He can give her a lift only after discussing it with his wife or better still he can just jam her and go his way. He is a married man and must avoid all temptations.

what is temptation in giving somebody a lift?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2011
If you have to put so much thought into helping a lady in distress because you are married then something is wrong not with helping the damsel in distress but with not having freedom to take moment decisions all because you are married except ofcourse the lady in distress presents a temptation to the married man.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2011
andromida:

What kind of temptation? Are nigerians Girls that easy,loose or weak?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by tpia5: 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2011
Hitch hiking?

Would you be ok with your sister or daughter doing it?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by armyofone(m): 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2011
the ? should be are nigerian guys that easy, loose or weak? the probability is high shocked undecided

OYINBOGOJU:

What kind of temptation? Are nigerians Girls that easy,loose or weak?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by kokoye(m): 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2011
@ POST.

It is not wrong but could be a risky move.

You need to weigh all your options especially in todays world.

A lady once gave an accident victim a ride to the hospital in lagos - the victim died in her car and she went thru hell trying to prove she did not kill the guy. Doubt she'd do it again.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^that lady wasnt smart at all. . . . . . . any smart person would know that you shouldnt move an accident victim (due to the possible neck/spine injuries etc), and should wait for the proper authorities to come and do their jobs.

unless it is a family member/friend, she had no right to move that person and possibly crippling them for life.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by kokoye(m): 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^that lady wasnt smart at all. . . . . . . any smart person would know that you shouldnt move an accident victim (due to the possible neck/spine injuries etc), and should wait for the proper authorities to come and do their jobs.

unless it is a family member/friend, she had no right to move that person and possibly crippling them for life.

I read this in the papers . . this was her co-worker in another car but come on! . .this is Nigeria we are talking about . .what authorities are you talking about??

Oh well, I guess she is smart now . .according to you. I bet she doesnt even stop for such anymore.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2011
^would you recklessly move/carry someone that just had an accident, simply because you wanted to get them to the nearest hospital?
sometimes, staying put and waiting for a proper doctor is the best help you can give them.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Johndoe100(m): 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^would you recklessly move/carry someone that just had an accident, simply because you wanted to get them to the nearest hospital?
sometimes, staying put and waiting for a proper doctor is the best help you can give them.

Are you talking about Nigeria or a western country? If you wait for a doctor here in Nigeria it is the heavenly doctor that will attend to you before they decide which coner of hell to throw you into.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by ronkebp(f): 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2011
it depends on the ciircumstances surrounding his reason for giving her a ride. in nigeria, we have okadas' and cabs at our disposal, i don't think any unnecessary ride is needed,
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by armyofone(m): 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2011
it shouldn't take long to call your lady now.

hey babe, there is this gal in need of a ride home, please can i give her a ride or not?
if your lady says yes . . . baby give her a ride, then go ahead. if your lady says no . . . baby don't i need you home then just go jejely home.
kai, is this too hard for our bros to do?
phew! i thot we are done refining eh
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by ronkebp(f): 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^^when he takes that type of permission, his so -called 'stray' friends will call him 'mugu" for asking his wife first.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by armyofone(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2011
lol, nig pepo talk too much grin. what happened between us/our phone calls gabadaya, how should his friends know?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Johndoe100(m): 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2011
Any man that has to even think about this is no real man. If he wants to give the woman a lift, he should go ahead. If he feels frisky and wants to "taste" the girl - why not? Any wife that is not greatfull that the man comes home to her needs to be disiplined.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by ronkebp(f): 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2011
armyofone:

lol, nig pepo talk too much grin. what happened between us/our phone calls gabadaya, how should his friends know?

my dear na for beer parlor they will do the talking over a plate of isi-ewu and guiness. wink wink wink
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by armyofone(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2011
Johndoe100:

Any man that has to even think about this is no real man. If he wants to give the woman a lift, he should go ahead. If he feels frisky and wants to "taste" the girl - why not? Any wife that is not greatfull that the man comes home to her needs to be disiplined.

haha, just trying to excite the fem grin nazis, but try harder grin

ronkebp:

my dear na  for beer parlor they will do the talking over a plate of isi-ewu and guiness. wink wink wink

oh well i will make sure mine dont go to beer parlour. any oti or burukutu will be with moi.
so no fear of his mouth running at all grin
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Fhemmmy: 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2011
If your miind is clean and you sure wont lead the lady on, nothing wrong in it . . .
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by ronkebp(f): 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2011
armyofone:

haha, just trying to excite the fem grin nazis, but try harder grin

oh well i will make sure mine dont go to beer parlour. any oti or burukutu will be with moi.
so no fear of his mouth running at all grin

Abi na, burukutu with nama kere!!! grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by tpia5: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2011
such lifts usually end up in the brothel.

people werent born yesterday and i think everyone knows that's a good way to bust a guy for soliciting.

lord have mercy on all these men sha.

make dem no use dem two legs waka enter gutter.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by N101: 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2011
Let me see. . .  I know a well meaning guy give a Mama a lift. The Mama then decides to hit on the guy who was being kind and stopped to help her because they live in the same direction.

Guy stops the car and kicks her out.

@ OP - As far as I'm concerned, if your motives are above board, nothing wrong in helping.  If she starts acting up in your car, do not hesitate to stop the car and kick her out. Let her carry on her nasty behaviour elsewhere.  Maybe next time she won't take a lift for granted.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by tpia5: 10:29pm On Sep 12, 2011
i think a better option would be the guy should give lifts to well endowed ladies.

at the liftee's stop one day [assuming they didnt immediately head for a brothel], two or more hefty looking men pounce on mr alaanu ara samaria, beat the bejeezes out of his sorry azz, and make away with his valuables and/or the car.

that's the only method by which some people can learn sense.

that oba who's being charged for r.ape now- didnt he get himself into these problems by giving rides to "helpless" ladies?

one chance- moreso since its on nairaland that someone wants to try bamboozling others by opening d.aft threads.

na today?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2011
Depends on the current and future motives of the helper and the helpee
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by xynerise: 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2011
@tpia. I have warned u to stop commenting on my thread if u know u will end up calling me scurrilous names. Its not by force to comment.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl? by Somagirl(f): 12:40am On Sep 13, 2011
I would call him/her a cab and give them some money!

No way in hell I'm giving a stranger a lift!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My / Solar Television For Family / Why And How She Cheated On Her Husband; True Life Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.