Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions (8044 Views)

[VIDEO]: WIZKID Speaks On Beef With DAVIDO On Olisa Adibua’s Show / Kim Kardashian Interviewed By Gbemi Of Beat-FM / Olisa Adibua Of Beat FM Batters Junior Colleague (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by Ovularia: 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2011
Olisa Adibua's Barbaric Attack - An Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee

An open letter from a Beat FM employee

Dear Linda,
This letter had to be written anonymously because we have been ‘instructed’ not to speak to the press. We are appalled by Olisa Adibua’s actions, and feel his physical assault on Dewunmi was barbaric and completely wrong. What’s even more shocking is that he wasn’t removed from the premises immediately. Olisa was his usual self the day after the incident, and was seen chatting and laughing with the GM Deji Awokoya (who was well aware of the assault). He was still permitted to do his show on Thursday, and went on to host the Beat of Lagos on Friday night.

We have no idea why the management at Beat FM has decided to treat this so leniently – he has actually been suspended for 2 months and not 4 weeks like you previously stated. Nevertheless, the majority of us feel 2 months is nowhere near enough, we are certain that anyone else would have faced an instant dismissal and possible legal charges.

To clarify details of the incident, the ‘object’ used in the assault was a brick. Olisa initially attacked Dewunmi with his bare hands then went downstairs to retrieve a brick then came back for part 2. He deliberately smashed his phones and dragged him outside, forcing Dewunmi to recover in a Keke Maruwa parked outside the office till 7am when more staff arrived. The incident was caught on CCTV, but will of course never be released. The GM Deji Awokoya apologized to Dewunmi on Olisa’s behalf, and was given about N16k for his medical bills. Please note it wasn’t a fight – Olisa attacked Dewunmi, and he refused to hit Olisa back because he considers him an oga. Dewunmi refuses to press charges because he’s afraid he’ll lose his job – furthermore since this incident hit the press, he (Dewunmi) has been receiving death threats saying that he’ll be harmed if this incident escalates further.

Olisa has had several run-ins with members of staff at Megalectrics (owners of Beat FM, Classic FM and Naija FM). On numerous occasions he has verbally abused different people – insulting them, swearing at them and threatening to make their life at Megalectrics ‘a living hell’ if they cross him. Management hasn’t reprimanded Olisa once for this.

This incident is sadly just one of many that involves Olisa Adibua bullying employees at Megalectrics. 
To summarize, we hope that the MD of Megalectrics reprimands Olisa ‘appropriately’ to show that this kind of action is unacceptable.  Likewise MNet/Glo need to seriously think about the messages they are sending out to the public if they decide to keep Olisa on as a judge for ‘Naija Sings’.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/09/open-letter-from-beat-fm-employee.html#more
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by 04kaa: 9:12am On Sep 13, 2011
lol nawa o see beef. why dont u guys keep ur dirty linens inside the house instead. lmao, so funny. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by mallorca(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2011
Olisa is a gay lord,an agents of distruction, he wil surely rot in hell
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by stagger: 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2011
Olisa cannot try this sh.i.t in the Niger Delta. Dem for don fok am up since! What rubbish! angry
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by twinstaiye(m): 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2011
Olisa had since apologised, and in my opinion, the apology is deep enough for us to let go if indeed it is from him and candidly from the heart.
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by femi4: 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2011
Here is Olisa's apology letter:
Olisa after four days decided to apologise and here is his apology,

As has been widely reported I was involved in an altercation with a work colleague during the week. I am deeply regretful of what transpired and have taken full responsibility for my actions. I have privately apologized to my colleague, the team that I work with and I am taking this opportunity to apologize to the public at large.

As humans we all make mistakes and I made a major one which is completely out of character. I over reacted to a situation and that is something that will never repeat itself.

Despite being at the centre of a media feeding frenzy, I’ve been silent in order to allow the organization, to which I’m affiliated with and at who’s premises the incident occurred, to carry out its investigations and come to a conclusion but most importantly to allow the aggrieved party (Mr. Adewunmi Oyekanmi) time to accept my heartfelt apology.

While the events have been distorted, I am very apologetic about the situation but picking holes in the media reports or pointing out the falsehoods will not be useful, however, any kind of loss of control is not excusable and I have since tendered an unreserved apology to 'Dewunmi. I have always preached against violence and so this is a time for some reflection. Again, I apologize and I thank ‘Dewunmi for accepting my apology.

I would like to thank the hundreds of people who called me and those who sent in messages
For more than 20years now, I’ve operated in the Electronic media sector without a blemish but by this action, I have let myself down and most importantly I’ve let Family, Friends and the millions of people who look up to me, down.”
To those who have been clamoring for my response, I thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you very much and God Bless.
Olisa Adibua
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by slimyem: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2011
i dont believe a single word of his apology is sincere.the guy is so full of himself and sometime i cant but wonder what's biting him,
With his kind of temper,he has just started.u aint seen nothing yet.
Besides,was watching an episode of naija sings last night and i was appallaed at how he rubbished a contest.m sure he's never come across the word 'diplomacy ' in his lyftym.the organisation that have him as ambassadors should do something bout him b4 he BEATS them up too
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by ochiaha1(m): 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2011
Ovularia:

Dear Linda,
This letter had to be written anonymously because we have been ‘instructed’ not to speak to the press. We are appalled by Olisa Adibua’s actions, and feel his physical assault on Dewunmi was barbaric and completely wrong. What’s even more shocking is that he wasn’t removed from the premises immediately. Olisa was his usual self the day after the incident, and was seen chatting and laughing with the GM Deji Awokoya (who was well aware of the assault). He was still permitted to do his show on Thursday, and went on to host the Beat of Lagos on Friday night.

We have no idea why the management at Beat FM has decided to treat this so leniently – he has actually been suspended for 2 months and not 4 weeks like you previously stated. Nevertheless, the majority of us feel 2 months is nowhere near enough, we are certain that anyone else would have faced an instant dismissal and possible legal charges.

To clarify details of the incident, the ‘object’ used in the assault was a brick. Olisa initially attacked Dewunmi with his bare hands then went downstairs to retrieve a brick then came back for part 2. He deliberately smashed his phones and dragged him outside, forcing Dewunmi to recover in a Keke Maruwa parked outside the office till 7am when more staff arrived. The incident was caught on CCTV, but will of course never be released. The GM Deji Awokoya apologized to Dewunmi on Olisa’s behalf, and was given about N16k for his medical bills. Please note it wasn’t a fight – Olisa attacked Dewunmi, and he refused to hit Olisa back because he considers him an oga. Dewunmi refuses to press charges because he’s afraid he’ll lose his job – furthermore since this incident hit the press, he (Dewunmi) has been receiving death threats saying that he’ll be harmed if this incident escalates further.

Olisa has had several run-ins with members of staff at Megalectrics (owners of Beat FM, Classic FM and Naija FM). On numerous occasions he has verbally abused different people – insulting them, swearing at them and threatening to make their life at Megalectrics ‘a living hell’ if they cross him. Management hasn’t reprimanded Olisa once for this.

This incident is sadly just one of many that involves Olisa Adibua bullying employees at Megalectrics.
To summarize, we hope that the MD of Megalectrics reprimands Olisa ‘appropriately’ to show that this kind of action is unacceptable. Likewise MNet/Glo need to seriously think about the messages they are sending out to the public if they decide to keep Olisa on as a judge for ‘Naija Sings’.

Olisa is sure wasting his skills, he should try professional boxing instead of working in the media grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by koyaabj: 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2011
serious beefing, the company value olisa's personality more than you people, so u either cooperate or get out that is just the meaning of their attitude towards the scenerio, afterall they are out to make money not paying salary without result. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by Dsage1: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2011
Adewumi shud b blame 4 dis,wat fear of loosng a job prevent him 4m hiting back sombdy dat wnt to kill him wit a pieces of brick.He shud av resist to d attack&let evrytin b settle later.
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by doctokwus: 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2011
Dewunmi,Dewunmi,see how dis guy want to miss dis Godgiven oportunity to mke sriuous cash,can't u see dis manna frm heaven.I bet if it was in d states,d guy wud b swimming in bucks by now.C d scope,Olisa na "bigman",a show judge for a corporate giant;u av got raw evidence and d beating is not in dspute,guy sue him and d organisations to court in a civil suit for damages,forget if its yor employer,I swear u won't get less dan N10m @least for dis,den u get to also earn more for giving d full details to any magazine or show dt wants to interview u.Globacom may even ship it something to water down d details to avois soiling dere image for hiring olisa to b on its sponsored programme.U get d koko now,guy don't slack o!Its not ur fault but ds kind of oportunity dosnt come twice!With d mony u can set up sth and b ur own bigman,pls don't waste dis,please!!
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by semid4lyfe(m): 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2011
And while Olisa was battering Dewunmi, what were the other staffs doing? Forming ''Lukman''?

Abeg, make we leave matter for Mathias jare grin

Moving on. . . . .
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by dipo1: 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2011
Apologies come cheap. This is supposed to be a 'seasoned professional'. I hate people like him. Bullies get my goat all the time. I hope he gets lynched someday. Errant Nonsense
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by bisiaet: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2011
I wonder how this man will be handling his wife at home if at all he has wife because a man who can not for a second control his anger and injured a colleague on duty and still smiling he must be a serious dangerous man not to his colleague alone but to his immediate family shame on him.

To be honest I never knew who a hell is him untill this case came up and as he is so gifted in doing good boxing why is he working in radio station while Nigeria and the world boxing federation are looking for Samuel Peter rescuer from getting more beaten from his opponet? Bros Olisa or whatever they called you please you are just a waste material who knows how to box this much and still sitting down in a shalow room doing radio blabla of a thing is a big shame.

He is just one of those animal in human flesh, no shame, can fight anywhere, can fight for anything, irresponsible, an eyesore boloks. He should have be fire I dont know why they are given him months suspension in the first place there are thousands out there looking for job whom are not mr boxer, and are ready to work and even do it better than him. The company should have let him go to boxing arena to train more for championship or for a belt. Nonsense.
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by Fidelo726: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2011
Ovularia:

Dear Linda,
This letter had to be written anonymously because we have been ‘instructed’ not to speak to the press. We are appalled by Olisa Adibua’s actions, and feel his physical assault on Dewunmi was barbaric and completely wrong. What’s even more shocking is that he wasn’t removed from the premises immediately. Olisa was his usual self the day after the incident, and was seen chatting and laughing with the GM Deji Awokoya (who was well aware of the assault). He was still permitted to do his show on Thursday, and went on to host the Beat of Lagos on Friday night,

To summarize, we hope that the MD of Megalectrics reprimands Olisa ‘appropriately’ to show that this kind of action is unacceptable.  Likewise MNet/Glo need to seriously think about the messages they are sending out to the public if they decide to keep Olisa on as a judge for ‘Naija Sings’.

I think the bolded is the main reason for this letter.
Looks more like a blackmail.
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by docjuli(m): 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2011
I love 'Beat FM', Sure place to get BEATen. @tammy.oge
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2011
Olisa u need to be afraid from now on. Watch ur back. Glo should just replace dis guy, cos if he continues being dat arrogant 'judge' then it will be bad market for them.
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by Fidelo726: 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2011
Ovularia:

Dear Linda,
This letter had to be written anonymously because we have been ‘instructed’ not to speak to the press. We are appalled by Olisa Adibua’s actions, and feel his physical assault on Dewunmi was barbaric and completely wrong. What’s even more shocking is that he wasn’t removed from the premises immediately. Olisa was his usual self the day after the incident, and was seen chatting and laughing with the GM Deji Awokoya (who was well aware of the assault). He was still permitted to do his show on Thursday, and went on to host the Beat of Lagos on Friday night,

To summarize, we hope that the MD of Megalectrics reprimands Olisa ‘appropriately’ to show that this kind of action is unacceptable.  Likewise MNet/Glo need to seriously think about the messages they are sending out to the public if they decide to keep Olisa on as a judge for ‘Naija Sings’.

The bolded seem to ba the main reason behind this letter.
I smell blackmail somewhere.
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by vwvw(m): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2011
angry angry still trying to cool the cool calm and collective Olisa Adibua of the late 80's and early 90's that was a delight to watch on TV, that has transformed to a
brutish orgy loving monster, who feeds on booze and multiple sex partners at once.
Its simply incomprehensible. But i think Olisa Adibua meltdown has been long in coming
Comeon u cannot travel down this route of riotous anarchy and not expect reprimand

I honestly believe he deserves to learn a lesson at the court of Law.
One, he should be yanked off Beat, if the station is really serious in making any sense in an already competitive
radio market
Two, Glo Naija sings must yank him off the show and then let the vultures descend, who knows
maybe out of the carcass a reformed Olisa may emerge
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by kizito96(m): 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2011
Dewunmi, is not serious, suppose Olisa Killed him, he would have died and his children would suffer. What type of job was he protecting for his fellow man to treat him like that. He would have used a stone and hit him too. That is stupid loyalty
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by rocean: 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2011
Open letter ko
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by rasputinn(m): 6:03pm On Sep 13, 2011
vwvw:

angry angry still trying to cool the cool calm and collective Olisa Adibua of the late 80's and early 90's that was a delight to watch on TV, that has transformed to a
brutish SinParty loving monster, who feeds on booze and multiple sex partners at once.
Its simply incomprehensible. But i think Olisa Adibua meltdown has been long in coming
Comeon u cannot travel down this route of riotous anarchy and not expect reprimand

I honestly believe he deserves to learn a lesson at the court of Law.
One, he should be yanked off Beat, if the station is really serious in making any sense in an already competitive
radio market
Two, Glo Naija sings must yank him off the show and then let the vultures descend, who knows
maybe out of the carcass a reformed Olisa may emerge

Quintessential
MINT
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by tlops(m): 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2011
This man is not serious, In a civilized country he would have been jailed and lost his job, there are certain mistakes you cant afford to make when you reach some stages in life, Olisa has made one of them.
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by tlops(m): 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2011
rocean:

Open letter ko

Closed essay ni!
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by Diligence: 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2011
If this is true, then Olisa truly needs some orientation and especially rehab! - 'onga mgt'
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by SisiKill1: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2011
Fidelo726:

The bolded seem to ba the main reason behind this letter.
I smell blackmail somewhere.
Hmmm, you might be on to something. I bet this is how it went down. . . His "enemies" and "detractors" used their shape shifting power to change into poor Mr. Olisa, then attacked a lowly employee, just so they can blackmail him.  

By Gosh! You did it!! You my friend are quite brilliant!!!e
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by dayokanu(m): 6:22pm On Sep 13, 2011
shioor
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by vwvw(m): 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2011
grin grin Heavens to the murgatroyd, Olisa blackmailed, the beat just got better
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by ifyalways(f): 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2011
Who is this Olisa Guy,any picture?

@Topic,a man assaults a fellow man with bricks and all what not and the victim took it all in cos he wants to keep his job?lots of silly people in Naija sha.
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by vwvw(m): 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2011
Just google olisa adibua, ud see several of his pics
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by marcus1234: 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2011
Re: Open Letter From A Beat FM Employee On Olisa's Actions by Odunnu: 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2011
. . .and under the carpet the event goes. To be resurrected when he finally murders his neigbour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Open Romance: Nollywood Sexy Actor Damola Olatunji Sets To Marry In April / Video | Photos: Meet 22-year-old Who’s World’s Number 1 “twerker”! / See Gallery Of Nigeria 1st Class And 2nd Class Gold Diggers .see Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.