Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! (5455 Views)

Niger-Delta Militants Bomb Pipeline In Under Water Attack / Militants Bomb Oil Installations In Warri, Delta / Ex-militants Bomb Hotel In Osubi, Okpe LGA,Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Gbawe: 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2011
[size=13pt]7 feared dead as militants bomb bank, Police station in Bauchi[/size]

By Suzan Edeh

BAUCHI – NO fewer than six policemen and one civilian have been reportedly killed by suspected Islamic militants, Monday afternoon in Misau, Bauchi State following simultaneous attacks on a commercial bank and a police station in the area.

Vanguard gathered that the gunmen hurled a bomb at the station leading to explosion and deaths of the five policemen on duty before successfully breaking into the bank and carting away large sum of money.

It could be recalled that Misau local Government which has been attacked for the second time by gunmen in less than two months, is located 160 kilometres north of Bauchi, the state capital.

According to an official of Misau Local Government Council, the gunmen stormed Afribank and the police station in the town at about 3 o’clock in the afternoon and started shooting sporadically, resulting in the deaths of the policemen and the civilian and many injured.

The Misau attack would be the sixth attacks on police stations and banks in the state, prompting the Inspector General of Police, IGP, Mr Hafiz Ringim to order the Force Criminal Investigation Department, FCID, Abuja to carry out full and thorough investigation into the series of attacks.

The witness who pleaded anonymity said that the five policemen were killed at the station while the sixth policeman and the civilian were killed at the bank premises during the attack.

“We started hearing gunshots all of a sudden and then the bomb explosion at the police station. They later set the station ablaze and freed all the detainees. Everybody was confused and running helter-skelter as shooting continues. The gunmen later entered the bank and stole money”, he said

The Misau council official, who witnessed the incident, said many people sustained injuries as a result of the attacks which caused panic in the town.

Reacting, the Bauchi State Commissioner of Police, Mr Ayo Ikechuwkwu Aduba, who confirmed the incident in a telephone interview with newsmen, stated that the command was still trying to get the full details of the attacks and the number of casualties involved.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/bomb-blasts-7-killed-in-bauchi/

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/islamic-militants-bomb-police-station-and-bank-misau-bauchi-state

Islamic Militants Bomb Police Station and Bank In Misau, Bauchi State
Posted: September 12, 2011 - 17:12
By SaharaReporters, New York

A fatal bombing killed four policemen and one civilian in Misau Township. Suspected Islamic militants detonated a  bomb at the police station 100 km from Bauchi.

The militants, riding on motorbikes, tossed bombs into the police station and the Afribank Branch building, located directly across from the police station. After the attack, the bombers were seen raiding the armory for weapons.
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Gbawe: 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2011
More pictures at link below but these are the only one I am comfortable posting.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/islamic-militants-bomb-police-station-and-bank-misau-bauchi-state

Police station attacked in Misau

Burning
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by unipol(m): 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2011
the same police we all hope for our protectoins is now beeine victimised. where is now our hope?
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by WilWily: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2011
Boko Haram is SuperPower
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Gbawe: 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2011
unipol:

the same police we all hope for our protectoins is now beeine victimised. where is now our hope?

Well the Police have admitted that they are not up to the job. GEJ appointed a woeful police boss out of political expediency , and that is very wrong and harmful overall, but the institutional decay in the Police Force started long before Mr. President when successive past leaders cynically and myopically decided to treat these men and women as glorified 'maigaurds' . The Chicken really is coming home to roost for Nigeria with how the actions/inactions of our past leaders is now haunting us badly . We now have a police force that is near useless against the type of crime Nigeria faces today.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria-police-opens-%E2%80%9Cwe-lack-training-bomb-dogs-explosive-detectors-check-terrorism%E2%80%9D

Nigeria Police Opens Up: “We Lack Training, Bomb Dogs, Explosive Detectors To Check Terrorism”
Posted: September 12, 2011 - 12:21
Police officers fighting over bribe money at checkpoint near Lagos
By Saharareporters, New York

The Nigeria police lack the capacity to check the current wave of terrorist bombings across the country, the top hierarchy of the force has admitted to American officials in Abuja.

A report by Nigeria Police Watch, a website that exposes police inefficiency, quoted top police chiefs as telling American embassy officials that their force lacked trained dogs, explosive detectors, bomb suits and other equipment necessary to confront the kind of security challenge the insurgent group, Boko Haram, has foisted on the nation.

“The NPF (Nigeria Police Force) does not have the capability to respond to a WMD Weapons of Mass Destruction) scenario,” embassy officials informed Washington hours after the July 20, 2001 meeting, as reported by a leaked diplomatic cable, made available by WikiLeaks.

“The NPF does not have an emergency plan, equipment, logistics or training to respond to a WMD incident. The NPF officials expressed a strong interest in receiving training and assistance in this area.”

In the meeting, convened by the US embassy in Abuja, to assess the training need of Nigeria police personnel, officers opened up and spoke frankly, declaring categorically that their force lacked even the basic resources to effectively respond to Nigeria’s “overwhelming crime situation”.

“The NPF officials on the panel advised their agency does not possess adequate forensic capabilities, equipment and training required to conduct an investigation of a major terrorist incident,” the cable said. “The NPF officials expressed a strong interest to receive assistance in this area.”

The document did not list the names of the officers at the meeting. But it did indicate that they were very senior officials of the force.

Based on the extensive interaction with the police team, the US security officials at the meeting sent a report to Washington, making a case for extensive training and equipment support for the Nigeria police.

The cable reported, “The NPF has several late model Mercedes Benz bomb squad trucks equipped with bomb handling robots and bomb containment trailers.

“However, the NPF officials on the panel advised they are in dire need of bomb suits, explosive detectors and portable x-ray devices. The NPF bomb squad also lacks trained bomb dogs.

“The NPF bomb squad does not have significant experience responding to actual bomb threats requiring them to "render safe."

“The Nigerian Police lacks adequate resources (vehicles, communications, etc.) to effectively respond to an overwhelming crime situation.

“The NPF has not received any outside training in hostage negotiation, roadblocks and response to high threat crimes in progress. The NPF officials on the panel expressed a strong interest to receive additional training in these areas.”

The police chiefs also confessed to the American team that there were “serious inadequacies in the force’s training program, especially in the area of firearms training.

“Most recruits,” they admitted, “are lucky if they have the opportunity to fire more than a dozen rounds while in training. There is no requirement to pass with a minimum score, and targets are hardly every evaluated.”

It also came out of the meeting that the police did not have a dedicated Crisis Reaction Team.

In the event of a crisis situation, the US team was reportedly told, the NPF draw officers from regular police units.

“These NPF officers,” the cable said, “do not receive any special Crises Reaction training or equipment. The NPF officials on the panel expressed a strong interest in receiving assistance in this area.”

The document also reported that Nigeria's borders were porous because the special NPF marine units that patrol waterways, and enforce maritime law (in cooperation with the Nigerian Navy and Coast Guard) are “ill prepared, equipped and trained to adequately perform their duties.”
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2011
transformation indeed, this transformation are getting out of hand, and we dont need it again, abeg hin don do o
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Koikoi(m): 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2011
Let us pray
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by psalmizt(m): 10:18pm On Sep 12, 2011
Gbawe:

[size=13pt]7 feared dead as militants bomb bank, Police station in Bauchi[/size]

The Misau attack would be the sixth attacks on police stations and banks in the state, prompting the Inspector General of Police, IGP, Mr Hafiz Ringim to order the Force Criminal Investigation Department, FCID, Abuja to carry out full and thorough investigation into the series of attacks.

This guy should be sacked oooooooooooopo,

quote author=Gbawe link=topic=758128.msg9132745#msg9132745 date=1315853230]

Vanguard gathered that the gunmen hurled a bomb at the station leading to explosion and deaths of the five policemen on duty before successfully breaking into the bank and carting away large sum of money.
The gunmen later entered the bank and stole money”

[quote][/quote]

Now they need money for their operations, Boko Haram !!!!
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by octar6: 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2011
[size=15pt]bauchi ppl are really breathing fresh air.[/size] grin
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by mikealz: 10:28pm On Sep 12, 2011
kjb
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by mikealz: 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2011
my condelence to those family, lol,

p.s, am gonna just post my pic up, cuz i think am handsome, lol
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^ U are damn ugly even with facecap
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by mekaboy(m): 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2011

THE EVIL THAT MEN DO LIVE WITH THEM, THE BRIBE THAT THE POLICE HAS BEEN TAKING IS NOW LIVING WITH THEM. IF THE POLICE HAVE BEEN DOING THEIR JOB WELL CARRYING OUT INVESTIGATION, PROTECTING LIFE AND PROPERTY, THESE GUYS WHO ARE BOMBING AND ATTACKING THEM TODAY WOULD HAVE BEEN IN PRISON BEFORE NOW.

BUT THEY CHOSE 20 NAIRA OVER THEIR JOB, SAYING IS NIGERIA THEIR FATHERS PROPERTY? NOW THE BRIBE HAS BECOME BIGGER THAN THEM. THE SAME 20NAIRA IS NOW ATTACKING THEM IN THEIR STATION .

GOD HELP US.

Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by dayokanu(m): 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2011
Fresh airr
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Fornorth(m): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2011
What a country where there is no pease,unity and progress.all you will see on our magazine is head line nagetive may god have marcy on naija pepeol
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by reindeer: 11:09pm On Sep 12, 2011
This happened while Odechukwu was preparing fro his arrangee chat?
He's really working hard to safeguard Nigerians
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by aieromon(m): 11:18pm On Sep 12, 2011
I dey vex oh!!!I dey vex oh!!!
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by lotannam: 11:31pm On Sep 12, 2011
its really a shame whats going on in Nigeria! may the soul of the dead rest in peace
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Gbawe: 11:47pm On Sep 12, 2011
mekaboy:

THE EVIL THAT MEN DO LIVE WITH THEM, THE BRIBE THAT THE POLICE HAS BEEN TAKING IS NOW LIVING WITH THEM. IF THE POLICE HAVE BEEN DOING THEIR JOB WELL CARRYING OUT INVESTIGATION, PROTECTING LIFE AND PROPERTY, THESE GUYS WHO ARE BOMBING AND ATTACKING THEM TODAY WOULD HAVE BEEN IN PRISON BEFORE NOW.

BUT THEY CHOSE 20 NAIRA OVER THEIR JOB, SAYING IS NIGERIA THEIR FATHERS PROPERTY? NOW THE BRIBE HAS BECOME BIGGER THAN THEM. THE SAME 20NAIRA IS NOW ATTACKING THEM IN THEIR STATION .

GOD HELP US.

Man mi, is this not a bit harsh? When was the last time we had a leader who really cared about the welfare of our Policemen and women? When was the last time we had a President who decided it is 'criminal' ( grin) for the Police to be paid what they are while our Senators earn several times what Barack Obama earns in a Year?

It is decades of leadership callousness catching up with us. Many leaders played politics with the police force and the result is what we have today. I.e a badly motivated, relatively poorly paid, poorly trained, poorly equiped and totally jaded Police force. Nigerian Police officers would not be so corrupt if , as in serious nations, Political leaders recognise their importance and compensate them commensurate to what they do. Our leaders , in reality, look upon and treat our Policemen with total disdain . This is why visionary leaders like Fashola want their own State Police force as operates in the USA.

The myopia of leaders of yesterday is killing us. Tragic we are still seeing the same myopia in leaders of today.
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by francisj(m): 12:08am On Sep 13, 2011
i hope next the sect move to Kano ,then katsina ,zamfara,jigawa,sokoto, and minna e.t.c,
the home of the so-called past retired northarn general !!
moth-erfuc-ker
'pikin wey talk said im mama no go sleep,him ma no go sleep'
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by jensinmi(m): 12:14am On Sep 13, 2011
mikealz:

my condelence to those family, lol,

p.s, am gonna just post my pic up, cuz i think am handsome, lol

@ mikealz

Isn't that a picture of one of the Boko Haram suspects? I know it is.  angry  angry
I am forwarding that photo to the office of the Nigerian Police Force Crisis Team.

The individual in that photo would be apprehended, probed repeatedly (in more ways than one  kiss), and prosecuted. Not necessarily in that order.
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:20am On Sep 13, 2011
Wahala dey I dey see danger
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Fornorth(m): 1:01am On Sep 13, 2011
francisj:

i hope next the sect move to Kano ,then katsina ,zamfara,jigawa,sokoto, and minna e.t.c,
the home of the so-called past retired northarn general !!
moth-erfuc-ker
'pikin wey talk said im mama no go sleep,him ma no go sleep'
mind your dirty tounge you bush meat,this kind of mess will never happin in KANO state by the grace of the ALMAIGHTY GOD.and who told you those generals you are accusing are behind this terreble act?,or you just hate them becouse they are northern muslims,any way you allredy know that they have forever pass you and the rest like you in any way of life, and next time take the name KANO out of any rubbish you will write from now on.(not for just you alone and the rest who have the same brain like you).
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by francisj(m): 1:07am On Sep 13, 2011
Fornorth:

mind your dirty tounge you bush meat,this kind of mess will never happin in KANO state by the grace of the ALMAIGHTY GOD.and who told you those generals you are accusing are behind this terreble act?,or you just hate them becouse they are northern muslims,any way you allredy know that they have forever pass you and the rest like you in any way of life, and next time take the name KANO out of any rubbish you will write from now on.(not for just you alone and the rest who have the same brain like you).

i will not called u names cos ,
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by mitofag: 1:35am On Sep 13, 2011
Bomb for everywhere!

God save una own ooooooo
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Fornorth(m): 1:42am On Sep 13, 2011
francisj:

i will not called u names cos ,
I Apologize for insulting u.but remember you are the one who make me do it for wishing death and terror on my whole northern and muslims  brother,pls next time dont say it again.once again im SOORY FOR INSULTING YOU.
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by fbude: 3:07am On Sep 13, 2011
Those who sponsor Boko Haram.

and recent bombing in Nigeria.

IBB,Atiku Abubarkar,Chiroma,Dambazu,

BuhariAbdullahi Sarki Mukhtar,Abdusalami

Abubakar,Umaru Ali,Yakassi The entire

members of Arewa consutative forum,

Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF)
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by noblegas2(m): 5:31am On Sep 13, 2011
psalmizt:

This guy should be sacked oooooooooooopo,

quote author=Gbawe link=topic=758128.msg9132745#msg9132745 date=1315853230]

The gunmen later entered the bank and stole money”

Now they need money for their operations, Boko Haram !!!!

And they are sure getting it!

The fear of BokoHaram is  . . . . . .  .  lipsrsealed
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 13, 2011
Hmmm, as i closed frm wok yestday in Azare, arond 5pm, i saw many southerners closng their shops, y i asked, there s bomb n Misau and they are headng down here, was d answer! I hurried home to save my head.
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Demdem(m): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2011
Calm down all. The Retardeen is on top of the situation.
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Kizilala: 10:08am On Sep 13, 2011
Useless police.If it's massob,they will have strength.Idiots
Re: Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! by Toktee(m): 10:50am On Sep 13, 2011
Believe me the dude is confused,instead he is busy talking tough on single term of seven years,where baba adeboye to lead us in final PRAYERS

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Spouse Policy? / Kainji Dam Is Back On Stream & Delivering Power To National Grid / Al-qaeda Behind Kidnap of Frenchman In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.