Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej (7835 Views)

Amazing Pix Of A Hausaman That Voted GEJ In Kano. / Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU / Nigerians Are Begining To Claim They Never Voted Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej by Ournaija: 9:03am On Sep 15, 2011
cgift:

while the bolded may be true before the election, it will not necessarily hold true if Ribadu had become the the Preseident. You feel me ?

All over the world people vote for who you are and not hoping for who you will turn out to be in the future/after the election. It`s only in Nigeria people vote blindly and hope that the voted will turn out better. The result is always there for us to enjoy. grin
Re: Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej by agitator: 9:42am On Sep 15, 2011
Ournaija:

All over the world people vote for who you are and not hoping for who you will turn out to be in the future/after the election. It`s only in Nigeria people vote blindly and hope that the voted will turn out better. The result is always there for us to enjoy. grin

true talk bro wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej by bashydemy(m): 9:49am On Sep 15, 2011
Ournaija:

true talk bro and another 4years of nothing to show for
Re: Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej by splitnaija(m): 10:22am On Sep 15, 2011
Ournaija:

All over the world people vote for who you are and not hoping for who you will turn out to be in the future/after the election. It`s only in Nigeria people vote blindly and hope that the voted will turn out better. The result is always there for us to enjoy.  grin

You are very right. I'm also of the opinion that it's better to wait for another round of elections (4yrs from now) or follow other legitimate means of removing those we felt have not performed to our expectations. All these bombings and general insecurity all over the land will not help anyone, tribe, region,ethnic or religious divide in the long run. If allowed to snowball into a full-fledged conflict, the consequences far outweigh any momentary advantages (if any) to any group. Therefore, let's reason together and proffer solutions to our number one problem at the moment (insecurity), then we can map out strategies to wrestle power legitimately from those we feel don't deserve it due to their gross under-performances.

I personally voted GEJ and convinced my little circle of friends to do same. If u roll back the hands of the clock now, I'm not sure I will do same again due to his seemingly lack of vision (he still has a little over 3 yrs to prove me wrong). But be that as it may, I will not support violence and wanton destruction of lives and properties all in the name of a lost election. By my own judgement (I may be wrong), that will only lead to anarchy and ultimately the splitting/disintegration of this country if not curtailed.
Re: Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej by agitator: 11:02am On Sep 15, 2011
Except the United Nations (UN) splits the country, once we go to war to split nigeria, it will be genocide.
Re: Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej by olawalebabs(m): 11:02am On Sep 15, 2011
UN can't even try that with us
Re: Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej by bashydemy(m): 11:05am On Sep 15, 2011
what if it happen
Re: Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej by olawalebabs(m): 11:06am On Sep 15, 2011
You know they are happy with the way 'they' configure us. they profit from our disunity
Re: Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej by Kobojunkie: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2011
This is from one Nigerian -- funny this the opinion from a good number

Mr president u're the Obama of Nigeria. CARRY GO!!!, NA YOU I WANT,  Rome was not built in a day. Lets give him a trial first b4 criticizing.lf some of us are given such opportunity,l dont tink we can do beta dan him.so cool temper.
Re: Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej by Kobojunkie: 12:24pm On Sep 15, 2011
Check out Misinformation

first of all, don't laugh cos its not funny. My post was for quick solution in jos crisis not whether or not mr president needs to be re-elected.
Just so you know,Mr president has done alot for the country 9months as president.:
1.stabilized power and has built the alternative powered with gas;
2.the unrest present in the Niger delta has gone down to the bearest minimum since he became president,
3.it was in his time that the issue of zoning was removed from the northern agenda,;need i say more?
As vice president,he could only do as he was told,dont forget that, but as president(re-elected )will do more.NOW don't get me wrong; i would have preferred MALLAM RIBADU but he may not be capable of handling the crisis in the country. Nobody will work with somebody who is not unanimously elected and i emphasis this because people prefer mr president rather than himself.
An example will help you understand; when OBJ and OLU FALAE contested, people wanted OLU FALAE but it was rigged and OBJ won. i strogly said then that OBJ was the right man .WHY? Because the military were still in power and it was guaranteed that if OLU FALAE won,there would have been another coup then and the glorious democracy YOU enjoy would have been a dream.
MALLAM RIBADU will have his time after 4years;then, nobody can challenge him.but he shld wait cos mr president is the most experienced for the job.dont be centimental but do whats best for NIGERIA.
THE FUNNY THING IS THIS; DO YOU KNOW THAT INITIALLY ,PRESIDENT JONATHAN WANTED MALLAM RIBADU AS HIS RUNNING MATE? DIGEST THAT AND KNOW THE MIND OF THIS GREAT MAN.HE WAS OPPOSED BY MAJORITY OF THE PARTY MEMBERS BECAUSE THEY WERE AFRAID OF THE FORMER EFCC BOSS.so understand whats best for NIGERIA.
Re: Silly Reasons Why Some Voted Gej by Kobojunkie: 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2011
See following

i noticed you have been criticizing the man without providing a single solution or mentioning any credible candidate to solve the problems you outlined for us.seems you have a personal vandetta against the man, I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION! But the fact of whether or not he(PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN) is the right candidate is just your own opinion.let the people decide.i hope you will agree with me that this election will be free and fair.EVEN BUHARI BELIEVES THIS!
Concerning power,for your own information OBJ signed the contract but the project was never completed during his tenure;you might want to check that google of yours to comfirm this, right now NNPC has commenced building of the GAS plant to produce gas,and feed the power plant.the good thing is this power plant runs on both gas and oil as alternative. so ,it will generate power very very soon. i am sorry but you didnt get the facts and figures right my dear.but you must confess,he still did a good job even without this plant that hasn't commenced operation as power has stabilized to a sustainable level.you complain because you stay in a densely populated Lagos.everyone else are saying power has improved to a sertain level ;i wonder why you refuse to see it. WELL TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE DON'T YOU THINK?
Crisis in niger delta.I never said he put an end to it.but as long as oil production has stepped up closely to what it was before i want to believe He deserves credit for it.BUILDING NIGERIA IS EVERYONES JOB NOT JUST EBELE JONATHAN GOODLUCK'S. at least he is doing something about it that we see; the question is "ARE U?".now i don't belong to the cadre of people that love to criticize just to make a statement. No! not me.if you do well, i commend you without sentiment -that's it .so far, Nigerians are not complaining that the present president isn't sincere with whatever part of his duty he is not performing.instead there are a certain sect of the bad eggs that want to mar what the man just started .example the october 1st bombing which IBB used to his political advantage (AS IF HE WAS'T THE ONE THAT PLANNED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE).
PDP'S ZONING as you said is only in their books but doesnt work any more !at least not in the minds of Nigerians. i will want to persuade you to please commend him if the election is free and fair because that will prove my statement that a VP can do nothing but "HEAD COMMITTEES" as you said earlier.
But don't be alarmed HE MAY NOT WIN! so don't worry yourself.if NIGERIANS have this opinion of MR PRESIDENT like yourself,why worry? what i will say is this , let the people decide, THE NEXT PRESIDENT WILL BE CHOSEN BY THE PEOPLE! that's guaranteed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi / Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike / 'Obama Gave Us Buhari,We Gave Them Trump';Pro-Biafrans Celebrate In Rivers. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.