Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,481 members, 7,781,439 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:24 PM

What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? (35239 Views)

This phone has the longest battery Life / Which Android Phone Has D Longest Battery Life / Gionee M2 - Smartphone With Longest Battery Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by davolog(m): 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2011
One thing that is synonymous with BB users is BB chargers. From lobbies to classrooms and even churches, you will find them looking for sockets frantically because their BB device is about to go off. Will love to the aggregate the views of you all on the BB device (bold1, bold 2, Torch, Curve, Javelin, Storm et al) with the most durable battery life. Maybe we can all arrive at a preferred BB device that can save us from the embarrassment called PHCN. loool

Votes needed

Eligible Voters = BB Users

follow me on Twitter - @davolog

www.davolog..com
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by pinkrex(m): 1:20pm On Sep 13, 2011
My bold one is not so perfect with batt life, besides the old black berry is better off(batt life) compared to the new generation bb's cry cry
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by Lexusgs430: 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2011
It is a known fact that Blackberry's batteries are not as long lasting as the Nokia's or Sony Ericsson's. The probable solution if you drive, is to invest in an in- car charging power outlet or an extra battery.
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by honsule(m): 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2011
mine hardly last for 1 day:curve 2 am thinking of getting an extra ba33 that will last for like 4 days
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by DamDam1: 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2011
lemmie advice you to go for bold 2(9700) or 4(9780), dont go for branded ones.Go for unbranded ones dat r MADE IN HUNGARY(dey last very much longer dan dose made in mexico from my xperience), lemmie advice you to go for bold 2(9700) or 4(9780), dont go for branded ones.Go for unbranded ones dat r MADE IN HUNGARY(dey last very much longer dan dose made in mexico from my xperience),

2 Likes

Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by Lexusgs430: 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2011
Dam Dam:

lemmie advice you to go for bold 2(9700) or 4(9780), dont go for branded ones.Go for unbranded ones dat r MADE IN HUNGARY(dey last very much longer dan dose made in mexico from my xperience), lemmie advice you to go for bold 2(9700) or 4(9780), dont go for branded ones.Go for unbranded ones dat r MADE IN HUNGARY(dey last very much longer dan dose made in mexico from my xperience),

What a load of cobblers !
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by JAZES(m): 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2011
Lexusgs430:

What a load of cobblers !

grin grin grin

I think blackberry need to do something about this
their battery jor. the thing tire me jor
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by aieromon(m): 3:50am On Sep 14, 2011
Buy a spare battery,period!Buy a spare battery,period!
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by aminu150(m): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2011
The best solution is not to buy this crappy thing called Blackberry
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by malikalhaj: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2011
aminu150:

The best solution is not to buy this crappy thing called Blackberry
Your reason(s). Pls dont tell me battery life cos my Nokia N8 does not last me a full day without charge.
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by engrhamid(m): 11:17am On Sep 14, 2011
[b]nice opinions. From my own point of view and reviews concerning blackberry phones, having a spare battery could be an option but doesnt solved the problem.
I believe you all one way or the other have used or currently using emails on ur nokia also.
The point is receiving emails, groups msg notification sounds,bbm msgs sounds and continuous usage of typing drains the battery.
So having a spare battery doesnt mean both cant drain in less than 6 hours without power supply.
Suggestions: if you can turn off the sound,leave thr group u have no interests in,reduce brightness of d fone,close apps u r not using,turn off the vibration of ur fone,giving the battery a full charge by avoiding partial charge,reduce the volume of the warning tones,turn of wifi if not in use,keep the fone away from heat and magnetic objects,avoid overcharging the ba3,always use the original charger for charging the fone,avoid restarting the fone too often as it can hamper the ba2 life too,turn off bluetooth if not in use,always run on 2G/3G rather than 3G only.
I believe you will enjoy the ba3 life of ur blackberry[/b]

1 Like

Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2011
The blackberry phone is always connected to the internet, that is the major reason the batteries don't last. Try to take note, when you have no subscription your battery lasts for longer because then you have no reason to keep its screen light on for prolonged period and the internet is also not draining on its battery.
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by cutesy(f): 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2011
Apparently I think it is a deliberate ploy by RIM to up sales of batteries, chargers and eventually phones. I don't think you're ever gonna find a long lasting battery solution to a blackberry phone, no sirreee!!! I currently use 9700, 9800 and am hoping to a 9990 ( I dunno why ) but even then something in me still thinks blackberries are seriously overrated. undecided
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by walcolm(m): 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2011
davolog:

One thing that is synonymous with BB users is BB chargers. From lobbies to classrooms and even churches, you will find them looking for sockets frantically because their BB device is about to go off. Will love to the aggregate the views of you all on the BB device (bold1, bold 2, Torch, Curve, Javelin, Storm et al) with the most durable battery life. Maybe we can all arrive at a preferred BB device that can save us from the embarrassment called PHCN. loool

Votes needed

Eligible Voters = BB Users

i disagree with your submission above, compared to other smart phones wit the same data and apps capability as the blackberry, the BB has actually been benchmarked to have the best battery time per charge

get yourself an iphone, android or windows os phone and compare
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by marocguy(m): 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2011
y buy an empty fone, get iphone or any android jor, Wetin be BB? Jst 2 Ping n feel in vogue. Hey giv me ur PIN! Mtcheew!
My people should quit crowd mentality n actually
discover themselves.
Goes 2 nxt thread
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by walcolm(m): 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2011
cutesy:

Apparently I think it is a deliberate ploy by RIM to up sales of batteries, chargers and eventually phones. I don't think you're ever gonna find a long lasting battery solution to a blackberry phone, no sirreee!!! I currently use 9700, 9800 and am hoping to a 9990 ( I dunno why ) but even then something in me still thinks blackberries are seriously overrated. undecided

try one of the other smartphones i listed in my earlier post and convince yourself
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by walcolm(m): 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2011
marocguy:

y buy an empty fone, get iphone or any android jor, Wetin be BB? Jst 2 Ping n feel in vogue. Hey giv me your PIN! Mtcheew!
discover themselves.
Goes 2 nxt thread

there are more iphone or android phone users worldwide than there are blackberry users, so who's the crowd?

1 Like

Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by deeflamez(m): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2011
[b]nice opinions. From my own point of view and reviews concerning blackberry phones, having a spare battery could be an option but doesnt solved the problem.
I believe you all one way or the other have used or currently using emails on your nokia also.
The point is receiving emails, groups msg notification sounds,bbm msgs sounds and continuous usage of typing drains the battery.
So having a spare battery doesnt mean both cant drain in less than 6 hours without power supply.
Suggestions: if you can turn off the sound,leave thr group u have no interests in,reduce brightness of d fone,close apps u r not using,turn off the vibration of your fone,giving the battery a full charge by avoiding partial charge,reduce the volume of the warning tones,turn of wifi if not in use,keep the fone away from heat and magnetic objects,avoid overcharging the ba3,always use the original charger for charging the fone,avoid restarting the fone too often as it can hamper the ba2 life too,turn off bluetooth if not in use,always run on 2G/3G rather than 3G only.
I believe you will enjoy the ba3 life of your blackberry[/b]

Fanx, just wat i was about to say. Now let me add, Blackberry phones like many other smart phones have not-so-long battery life as a result of their MANY functions. A Nokia 3310 battery can last you 4 days for all i care, that's cause its only used to make/receive calls and messages (almost nothing else). undecided

A nokia N900 on the other hand does a hundred functions and runs many applications almost like a PC. Now that's where the Blackberry comes in------Its the most commonly used and runs not only applications but also endless messages via bbm (PINGS),emails,calls,sms,music,twitter,facebook and so on, haba,how then do you expect the battery to last that long. angry angry angry

Mind you, you hardly see people 'marrying' their Nokia smart phones the way they do the Blackberry. This is a phone where you PING on the go >>> bus stop,bus,market,room,parlor,office,canteen,cinemas,shopping mall, bla bla bla, give the phone a rest and you'll see a difference in the battery life (I mean,just treat it like a nokia and stop incessant PINGING for a day). smiley smiley smiley

By the way, Bold 1 (9000) battery aint good compared to the newer ones like Curve 3 3G,Bold 9650,9700,9780 and Torch 9800. And if you're a heavey-user like me, get an extra battery. I use 3 batteries on the go, #SHIKENA. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2011
marocguy:

y buy an empty fone, get iphone or any android jor,  Wetin be BB? Jst 2 Ping n feel in vogue. Hey giv me your PIN! Mtcheew!
discover themselves.
Goes 2 nxt thread
Very true but BB is a serious business tool and when it comes to communication, android and iphone are for kids except of course your have skype. BB is the business phone for the globe trotter who needs to be in touch constantly with family and associates. I've used all and BB still appeal the most especially as regards communication.
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by strangest(m): 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2011
If you need long battery life, abeg go try Techno phones, They can reach a week,
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by coded777: 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2011
I use blue berry and is beta of, it comes with battery power alternator, tongue it last 4 one week and a few days
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by omega25red(m): 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2011
i have a Blackberry Tour 9630 and it has a reasonable battery life which depends on what application im running and if i turn it off when im done.

your battery would run dry if you have multiple applications running and if you dont close them.
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by dazzy4real(m): 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2011
Dis bb tire me joor i dnt ve subscriptn for lyk 3wks nw n stil ma batry drains lyk hell.i stil prefer a nokia or anyoda gud phne.bt for bb i ve learnt ma lesson.
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by malikalhaj: 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2011
blink182:

Very true but BB is a serious business tool and when it comes to communication, android and iphone are for kids except of course your have skype. BB is the business phone for the globe trotter who needs to be in touch constantly with family and associates. I've used all and BB still appeal the most especially as regards communication.
Dnt like to be rude but dude, shut the F up. Iphone and android are for kids? U high on pure water or what? Pls dont even go there, lets not turn this thread into something else
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2011
blink182:

Very true but BB is a serious business tool and when it comes to communication, [b]android and iphone are for kids except of course your have skype. [/b]BB is the business phone for the globe trotter who needs to be in touch constantly with family and associates. I've used all and BB still appeal the most especially as regards communication.

really?

well given the fact that you have no tech cred, little knowledge and zero common sense, i think u can just continue wallowing in your ignorance then
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by vitality22(m): 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2011
blink182:

What is this guy talking about? you are comparing BB and iPhone. I cant afford to go buy a BB again. Infact, BB is meant for Kids if you dont know.
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by ace1(m): 2:58pm On Sep 14, 2011
blink182:

When it comes to Communication, I may agree with you that the BB tops but Androids and iPhone for kids?  shocked shocked Are you sure you are not patronizing these china phones sold by aba boys? grin Do you know how many apps u can run on ur Iphone? To me The only advantage the BB has over other smartphones is the bbm.

walcolm:

there are more iphone or android phone users worldwide than there are blackberry users, so who's the crowd?

Thought we're talking about 9ja here cos i saw PHCN somwhere on this thread, and which source did you get that from?
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by TheSly: 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2011
To me The only advantage the BB has over other smartphones is the bbm
With the iMessage coming with iPhone 5. . .we shall see.
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by malikalhaj: 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2011
Do u need a source for that? Hope u no that not only 1 manufacturer uses Android OS, whereas only RIM uses blackberry OS
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2011
The Sly:

With the iMessage coming with iPhone 5. . .we shall see.
We no de see anything and you know it. Only the price first go give cough.
Re: What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 14, 2011
blink182:

We no de see anything and you know it. Only the price first go give cough.

Guy don't go there at all.Me i'm tired of iphone 4 already because i don't really like the design.So I can't wait to get the iphone 5 with the icloud and imessage which it has promised along with it. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unboxing The Infinix Zero 4 X555 In Pictures / Photo Of World's First 5G Smartphone / 50k-70k Budget: Best Android Phone To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.