Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? (3737 Views)

17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again / Lagos Traffic And Snack That Get Consumed!!! / What Do You Call This Food/snack In Your Dialect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by helpdoer: 10:32am On Sep 14, 2011
Let's see if we can bring back some of these oldies or show you how to get them now.
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by MissyB3(f): 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2011
Are Uloka-the twin brother of kulukulu- and hausa groundnut snacks? cheesy  tongue I miss 'em so much.  kiss
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by armyofone(m): 12:53am On Sep 15, 2011
which one is kulu kulu again smiley

kulu is a name grin in the North grin
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by MissyB3(f): 11:27am On Sep 15, 2011
armyofone:

which one is kulu kulu again smiley

kulu is a name  grin in the North  grin
I think some people call it kulikuli.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-cLvwNlXUZYs/TevBi7scoLI/AAAAAAAAATc/j3ayj5fk74w/s1600/klui_klui.jpg[/img]

http://www.dmvafricans.com/2011/06/kuli-kuli.html
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by helpdoer: 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2011
I was also going to ask about 'kulu kulu' lol. Thanks for clarifying.
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by blank(f): 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2011
Okin biscuit, Nasco biscuit, dankwa, etc. Tandigoranda (or something like that) for soft drinks.
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by kemmeye: 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2011
the kuli kuli in that picture looks like poop. lol
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by tpia5: 4:31am On Sep 20, 2011
coconut candy.
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by bolorunfem(f): 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2011
ekanna Gowon, ori eja dindin (titus fish head wrapped with flour grin) Goody-goody and Mikky-Mikky (both sweets/candies), SAMCO, Walls Ice cream (on stick) kiss kissbaba-dudu, sisi pelebe smiley I'm coming back with more!!! kiss grin
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by helpdoer: 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2011
Goody-goody and Mikky-Mikky (both sweets/candies), SAMCO, Walls Ice cream (on stick) kissbaba-dudu, sisi pelebe

Chei you know your ijekuje o. smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by armyofone(m): 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2011
tpia, i love nigerian coconut candy. i have tried to make it here but not coming out well. so i go with store bought coconut macaroon.
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by MissyB3(f): 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2011
tpia@:

coconut candy.
I likey! kiss

kemmeye:

the kuli kuli in that picture looks like poop. lol
grin grin
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by kabukabu(m): 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2011
Uloka, chai, that thing was so spicy and sweet grin grin.
Yogurt
Bole
boiled groundnut
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by amarula(f): 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2011
chipitos, the older version of today's cheese balls
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by armyofone(m): 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2011
Samia
Kwaruru
locust bean
dinya
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by Ajasnoop: 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
Diet. It was some kind of spicy pancake. Also KAN biscuits. brilliant
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by cacius: 12:24am On Jun 15, 2013
Green Sandy. Nice non alcoholic drink in d 80s.
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by pitipom: 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
walls ice cream,kuli kuli mandela,diet pancake! Those good old days.
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by Tenderly1(f): 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ojukwu finger,it's a brown pyramid shaped candy, that's what we used to call it in warri. Ice cream in white nylon sold for one naira each.
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by Ajasnoop: 9:12am On Jun 20, 2013
cacius: Green Sandy. Nice non alcoholic drink in d 80s.

Its actually Green Sands Shandy
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2013
I still eat my favorite childhood junk snacks grin

cheese nips
fruit roll up
string cheese
granola bars
etc etc smiley
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time, What Childhood Snack Would You Eat? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
Missy_B:
I think some people call it kulikuli.

http://1.bp..com/-cLvwNlXUZYs/TevBi7scoLI/AAAAAAAAATc/j3ayj5fk74w/s1600/klui_klui.jpg

http://www.dmvafricans.com/2011/06/kuli-kuli.html

omg that remind me of Bugles! cheesy
I remember I used to eat bugles like there was no tomorrow until I eventually got tired of them tongue

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Make Oats Swallow / You Can Order FREE FOODSTUFF And Pay Back Later / Where Can I Buy Stockfish In Usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.