Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State (51517 Views)

The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / CAN President, Oritsejafor, Admits Ownership Of Cash-stacked Jet Seized In S.Afr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2011
Is there any group/neighbor that Ijo have not yet trifled with? undecided
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nusdog: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2011
Ijaws are 'fulanis' of the south.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
The so-called Ijo people are not dingbats and very careful to choose a neighbor to tangle. However, I temper my grievance towards them because Ijo people need a land to settle besides leaving on the boat.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by okadaman2: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2011
Kpogede:
Ijaw. . . . . . . . The next thing you hear na my community yeee. They know you will win them in court, they don't believe in court all they use is violence.

The benefit of the violence to them is already on the line of regression, because other ethnic groups are already acquiring weapons of mass destruction to curtail them effectively.

10 years ago Itsekiris produce land mines locally and use it to massacre Ijaws. The 2010 and 2011 model of the land mine is out, we are progressing, very soon we will have a mini nuclear reactor, Itsekiris are the Israelis of Niger Delta.

Kpogede cracks me up everytime grin grin grin
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ow11(m): 4:55pm On Sep 15, 2011
Ijaw used to be a minority tribe. NOW we have found ourselves from Ondo state to Rivers state! We now Pres-O-dent grin #stokingflames
We are coming for Abia state next to rescue the Ndoki people grin grin grin then the Obolo people in Akwa-Ibom state.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2011
ow11:

Ijaw used to be a minority tribe. NOW we have found ourselves from Ondo state to Rivers state! We now Pres-O-dent grin #stokingflames
We are coming for Abia state next to rescue the Ndoki people grin grin grin then the Obolo people in Akwa-Ibom state.

undecided undecided
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nusdog: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2011
ow11:

There is nothing like Ijaw in Abia. Anyway, we'll be waiting for you.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Ibime(m): 6:08pm On Sep 15, 2011
We would soon be rescuing not only our Ndoki brothers in Abia State but also our Aboh brothers in Delta! Hehehehe!
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2011
Ibime:

We would soon be rescuing not only our Ndoki brothers in Abia State but also our Aboh brothers in Delta! Hehehehe!
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2011
@Onlytruth

SEFAGO would NOT stoop to the level mitofag is on. Abeg, dont insult the boy cheesy

@Post

What is wrong with these Ijaw peeps?
Why attact the peaceful Bini ppl? undecided
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
Ibime:

what of awori, egun, mahin and ilaje people cry cry cry cry we need rescue fast
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2011
ow11:

^^^You're welcome to try. wink
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2011
God bless WE IJAWS

Ibime:

ibime, did you know that i am ijaw as well

aaaaahhh izon !!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2011
Ijo na bere. .
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2011
alj_harem shut up.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by okadaman2: 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
I hope Ijaws won't wake a sleeping giant they can't deal with. Benin's can be brutal and daring when they want. Their long history confirms it.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2011
okada_man:

I hope Ijaws won't wake a sleeping giant they can't deal with. Benin's can be brutal and daring when they want. Their long history confirms it.

every giant can fall when they face the right opponent

bini fell to the british

yoruba empire fell to the fulani, then british

roman empire fell to the babarians

hausa kingdoms fell to the fulani

nupe fell to the fulani

igala fell to the fulani

greek fell to the presians or so undecided

etc so bini/yoruba can as well fall for the ijaw expansion again. Nothing wrong in that as long as they can handle it

History has nothing to do with modern day warfare
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2011
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by kpogede77: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2011
Very soon Ijaws will start claiming people with their land.
READ IJAW CLAIM TO OWN ALL OF US INCLUDING ODUDUWA WHOM THEY GAVE A NAME CALL ADUMU------an Itsekiri name for the spirit behind Hurricane
   The Eweka dynasty only becomes fully legitimise when Ogun (Ewuare)of the 12th generation ascends the throne. Ogun it is stated was the child of a noble woman who descended from the Ogisos, ie to say she was an Ogiso princess. This may have been a deliberate process on the part of the indigenous element put in place a ruler who was favourable to their interests (Ogun was earlier banaished), for Ogun ascended to the throne after a great battle that lasted two days and two nights. So Ogun ascended the throne of the Ogisos and united in himself the two dynasties (the older indigenous Ogiso dynasty and the younger Oranjan-Eweka dynasty from an Ife near the Igala country). It was during Ogun’s time that 'the trouble ceased' so to speak. It was from his time that the monarchy became legitimate and stablised by Ogun creating a state council integrating the Indigenous chiefs in a power sharing arrangment.

By the time of the Oba kings of Benin, the Ijo (Oru) speaking element of Benin had become a minority in the Benin region, due to intermarriage with the EFA amongst other things. This intermarriage gave birth to some of the Urhobo clans so to speak, who later migrated from Benin.

Subsequently the Oranmiyan-Eweka dynasty started confiscating the land of the true owners of the Benin region, which led to massive migrations out of Benin. Hence the Ijaw narratives from Mein-Ijo and other clans which attest to such actually happening. Many of these people moved into the main central delta and coast to join their kith & Kin already estabished in the region. (Historians need to question why was it that Mein fled Benin into the central delta from Aboh, which at the time was still Ijo speaking? Why is it that the Urhobo maintain fraternal relations with the Ijaws up till the present day?

Conclusion:

As we go further and further back in time, we cannot talk of the Ijos, Yoruba,s Binis, Edos, Urhobos as we now understand them as ethnic groups in this present time.

We have established that certain ancient African people’s settled in the Southern Nigeria region and gave birth to new ethnic groups. These ancient tribes were known as

The ORU,

The KUMONI (a part of the ORU)

The OOYELAGBO OR UGBO (a part of the KWA)

The IGBO (a part of the KWA)

The EFA (A part of the KWA)

The BANTU and SEMI BANTU

Of the above only the ORU or KUMONI were aquatic previously living in the Nile-Valley, Upper Niger, Lake Chad region and Lower Niger.

The KWA and BANTU formally lived in the East Africa and Nok regions.

The Nile-Valley migration stories refer mostly to the ORU or KUMONI people.

In the Southern Nigeria region these people fused in the following manner to produce the following major ethnic groupings.

In the Niger Delta - KUMONI + ORU = IJO (some intermarriage with EFA women, and maybe Bantu, ORU element largest)

In the Ile-Ife region - KUMONI + OOYELAGBO = YORUBA (OOYELAGBO element larger, some of the sub groups are less mixed than others)

In the Benin region - KUMONI + EFA +OOYELAGBO = EDO ( EFA element largest, Bini, etc)

In the north-west delta region - KUMONI + ORU + EFA = URHOBO & ISOKO (Oru men marrying Efa women and children speaking mother tongue!)

East of the Niger - ORU + EFA + IGBO + BANTU = IBO (IGBO)

1450 upwards, YORUBA + BINI + IJO = ITSEKIRI (The Yoruba element being the larger)

At a glance one can see why the Ijo language is very much distinct from the other languages such as Yoruba, Edo and Igbo, as the Ijos seem to be most isolated of the Ethnic nationalities when it comes to the fusion of the ancient tribes.

[1] J O Vogel (1997)-editor - Encyclopedia of Precolonial Africa-Archaeology, History, Language, Cultures and Environment, p172.

http://www.earthrights
.net/nigeria/history.html
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2011
This topic is one reason why to keep Nigeria One Is A Task That Must Be Done.  Without the Patriotic North center holding the country together, many of you people will kill each other off at a faster rate than the Rwandan tibes annihilted themselves.  SMH

alj-harem:

1 Ijaws against Ilajes in Ondo State

2 Ijaws against Binis in Edo State

3 Ijaws against Itsekiris in Delta State

4 Ijaws against Urhobos (Ogbe Ijo, Gbarigolo, Olota, Okweagbe etc.),all in Delta State

5 Ijaws against Ikwerres in Rivers State

6 Ijaws against Ogonis in Rivers State

7 Ijaws against Ibibios in Akwa Ibom State

8 Ijaws against Yorubas in Ajegunle; Lagos State

I have to admit that the Ijaws are smart people, they intelligently avoid clashes with the Fulanis and allow them free pasage through the region. Imolites understand what I mean very well.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2011
ndu_chucks:

This topic is one reason why to keep Nigeria One Is A Task That Must Be Done.  Without the Patriotic North center holding the country together, many of you people will kill each other off at a faster rate than the Rwandan tibes annihilted themselves.  SMH

I have to admit that the Ijaws are smart people, they intelligently avoid clashes with the Fulanis and allow them free pasage through the region. Imolites understand what I mean very well.

grin grin grin ndu chuk grin cheesy cheesy man u are one funny character
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by okadaman2: 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2011
alj_harem:

every giant can fall when they face the right opponent

bini fell to the british

yoruba empire fell to the fulani, then british

roman empire fell to the babarians

hausa kingdoms fell to the fulani

nupe fell to the fulani

igala fell to the fulani

greek fell to the presians or so undecided

etc so bini/yoruba can as well fall for the ijaw expansion again. Nothing wrong in that as long as they can handle it

History has nothing to do with modern day warfare

You read parts of history well but failed to grasp the present.

Nigeria already fell to the Ijaws, that is history, now when will the Ijaws fall? <--That is the question grin

By the way, you failed to mention who the Kanuris fell to grin
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2011
No offense, but when I read/hear Kanuri, I think of cows.

I love the way "Bini" sounds. . . sounds like beads/ jewelry.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2011
Ijaw used to be a minority tribe. NOW we have found ourselves from Ondo state to Rivers state!

you mean you never knew there were ijaws in ondo state?

that's embarassing i must say.

please do not bring further disgrace to your post by saying you only found out from nairaland.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2011
okada_man:

All that i will say is dat, the Ijaws are no easy bone to chew, if u get my drift. They are naturally combat built and highly volatile once in the zone. cool
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

All that i will say is dat, the[b] Ijaws are no easy bone to chew[/b], if u get my drift. cool

what do you know about bones undecided

so bless4lyfe how u dey na wink long time
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by kpogede77: 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2011
Yoruba  militants from Ilaje clan

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2011
kpogede77:

Yoruba  militants from Ilaje clan

Na lie angry

those are ijaw militants in delta state

how can yoruba get liver do that one. big lie

we ijaws know ourselves
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by lagcity(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

All that i will say is dat, the Ijaws are no easy bone to chew, if u get my drift. They are naturally combat built and highly volatile once in the zone. cool

so na Bini be easy bone ehn? anbody wit machine gun can do gra gra.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by lagcity(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2011
kpogede77:

Yoruba militants from Ilaje clan

abeg give me d link to the website. what is that green flag for?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2011
alj_harem:

Na lie angry

those are ijaw militants in delta state

how can yoruba get liver do that one. big lie

we ijaws know ourselves

the two guys are yoruba, though i dont know where the actual location of that photo is.

pity- i seem to be one of the few people who actually knows what nigerians look like.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2011
Alj_Harem has claimed everything there is to claim from Yoruba to even my own Ngwa. This character.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

21-Year-Old Governor Ikpeazu's Son, Chinedu, Storms Event In An Official Convoy / President Bola Tinubu Graduated From Our University - CSU To Atiku / Meet Saratu Umar, The NIPC Boss Sacked By Both Buhari And GEJ Over Same Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.