Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State (51501 Views)

The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / CAN President, Oritsejafor, Admits Ownership Of Cash-stacked Jet Seized In S.Afr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2011
Abagworo said Nwanne,I do not think it is right for you to call your fellow blackman a slave moreso when your Grandfathers were slave traders.If I were the one,I would feel guilty.

The killayut guy might be a teenager who knows little about his history.Another possibility is that he may actually be pure Ijaw under the camouflage of being a Kalabari man.

Mr Lunatic or should I say demented man, Kalabari is 100% Ijaw and By KALABARI I mean KALABARI, and KALABARI is an Ijaw just as your ugly Nnewi or ABA ( Ngwa) is are Igbo, Keep quiet and or die if you do not know nothing about anything,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2011
Udezue said GEJ became President because southerners and MB voted for him. He didn't get there due to some magical Ijo power. If we didn't want him he wouldn't be there. If Igbos didn't give him the block vote he needed from atleast one majority group your tiny Bottom Ijo population couldn't have produced enough votes. If Calabar Ppl chose to not vote for him he wouldn't have won. Point is that we are the King Makers not you.

Why do u have all English names yet claim to not be descendants of slaves? Being a descendant of a slave doesn't mean u are a slave. We are simply putting you in your place. U need to first know who u are before telling ppl who they are or where they come from. Most slaves and their descendants are found close to the ocean or coastal cities across Africa so I suspect u are nothing but a slave descendant. U should be thankful we got GEJ. He is doing quite well for Igbos.

Let us see how an Igbo man becomes president without Ijaw votes or How Biafra becomes a nation without Ijaw backing, Your forefathers committed suicide because Ijaws refused to back them on their Biafran republic foolishness . So you know,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2011
killayut:

Mr Lunatic or should I say demented man, Kalabari is 100% Ijaw and By KALABARI I mean KALABARI, and KALABARI is an Ijaw just as your ugly Nnewi or ABA ( Ngwa) is are Igbo, Keep quiet and or die if you do not know nothing about anything,

This troll called Killayut is pathetically ill-informed. It was Calaberie to Calabari and then Kalabari. Have you pause for a moment and ask yourself why everything about Ijo is concocted? Few goofy moonlight fairy tales indicted the so-called Ijo are immigrants from Bini. Now, Bini people are unequivocally stated the Ijo were European posters and migrant fishermen.

You need to initiate the search of a dark goat when the Sun is overhead because it will very difficult when the Sun is set.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2011
aribisala0:

please read my post carefully i did not say ogun state does not have a coastline. even benue state ,kogi state and kaduna states have coastlines. what i said is ogun state does not have a coast on the atlantic.
e.g. if you have ever been behind unilag or on the third mainland what you will observe is an extensive Lagoon coastline. this is NOT the Atlantic.
it is important to distinguish lagoons,BIGHTS or BAYS from the atlantic(OCEAN) they are not the same.
the coastline in ogun is INLAND extension of the lagos Lagoon.  i believe ajumo is in lagos state and is a lagoon village i don't know about olokota but i i know olokola which i think it is in ondo state and again is NOT on the atlantic.
i am not sure there is a place called olokota.
google must be mistaken

aribisala0:

reply i have a lot of respect for google but i think there are several errors with this map .
olokota does not exist unless they mean olokonla.
olokonla is NOT an Atlantic Coastline but an inland coast just like the coastline at ebutte metta/ikorodu in lagos state.
the nigerian coastline except around badagry is not an unbroken stretch like you will find around togo benin or ghana. rather what we have is a system of creeks or lagoons and inland bights benin/biafra.
the google map seems to suggest otherwise.
regarding the dotted lines and state boundaries that is (Your assumption) which is fair and reasonable but not definite.
again i did NOT say ogun state has no coastline but it is inland not OCEAN

Dude, seriously, get your head checked. Maybe it's O[b]s[/b]un that you know and not O[b]g[/b]un. If the folling info doesn't help then na wa for you you're just a lost soul:

http://www.geographic.org/maps/nigeria_maps.html

And this article as well:

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201011081292843

Also, look up these places.(stop fooling yourself!):

Iwopin
Efire
Oni/Alo
Ayede/Lomiro
Ibiade
Ayila/Itebu
Lukogbe/Ilusin
Makun/Irokun
Abigi
Ode-Omi
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ow11(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2011
Dede1:

This troll called Killayut is pathetically ill-informed. It was Calaberie to Calabari and then Kalabari. Have you pause for a moment and ask yourself why everything about Ijo is concocted? Few goofy moonlight fairy tales indicted the so-called Ijo are immigrants from Bini. Now, Bini people are unequivocally stated the Ijo were European posters and migrant fishermen.

You need to initiate the search of a dark goat when the Sun is overhead because it will very difficult when the Sun is set.

Just for the records, Where do you think these porters came from? I'm putting together excerpts from all these gist. There is a rumour that Ogoni came from Ghana. However, If the original Ijaws where porters, were they also Ghanaian or other coastal villages along the Bight of Benin and Biafra?

Also, do you know the origins of the kalabari language?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2011
Dede1 said This troll called Killayut is pathetically ill-informed. It was Calaberie to Calabari and then Kalabari. Have you pause for a moment and ask yourself why everything about Ijo is concocted? Few goofy moonlight fairy tales indicted the so-called Ijo are immigrants from Bini. Now, Bini people are unequivocally stated the Ijo were European posters and migrant fishermen.

Rat, you don't need to be educated about KALABARI , just watch out for your ass to be whooped by the Kalabari lads when you press the first trigger in GELEGELE . You ll then know GELEGELE is the aboriginal land of the Kalabari Ijaws.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2011
killayut:

Illiteracy is a disease , I repeat Ijaws are land owners in warri and Igbos are not. I didnt mean property owners, I have heard of OGBE IJAW in WARRI which is the HQ of Warri South West LGA, Ogbe Ijaw I think is part of warri city, I also heard The warri GRA is owned by Ijaws, I am From Port Harcourt.

The bolded prove you know nothing about what you are talking about,lol. Typical kai kai-dinking fisherman. This whole time you've been going off of hearsay cheesy. No wonder you came up with your massive fabrication of ijaws being a military unit of Benin and conquering Lagos,lol. If fact, i'll even give you the chance to post anything thing that supports you claim.where are the facts? WHy does Ijaws in gelegele have no king but is now recently trying to make one? All non-Bini aeas under the former Benin empire have kings and those king's have stories linking them to the Bini's and the Empire. Why not the Ijaw too? Lmao!

You are from Port Harcourt? Don't make me laugh! I guess you are Ikwere then. If not, then you are a damn settler. All the changing of Igbo names for Igbo areas to Ijaw names by Ada George is over. The abandon property you fools took from Igbos are returning bit by bit and Amaechi is putting the final touches on it. grin

Land is property,genius. Does calling the land "Ijaw" land not insinuate that that land is the property of the Ijaw people? ka-ka-ka-ka-ka you crack me up! cheesy
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 4:19pm On Sep 29, 2011
ow11:

Just for the records, Where do you think these porters came from? I'm putting together excerpts from all these gist. There is a rumour that Ogoni came from Ghana. However, If the original Ijaws where porters, were they also Ghanaian or other coastal villages along the Bight of Benin and Biafra?

Also, do you know the origins of the kalabari language?

I shall not join issues with you about rumor pertaining to Ogoni. However, if the rumor about Ogoni is remotely positive, the so-called Ijo are certainly posters and migrant fisher men. By the evidence of physical geography, there were Ogoni befoe the so-called Ijo.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2011
killayut:

Since when did Kalabari become 100% Ijaw? . . .I dare you to post any history supporting that claim.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 4:27pm On Sep 29, 2011
killayut:

Rat, you don't need to be educated about KALABARI , just watch out for your Bottom to be whooped by the Kalabari lads when you press the first trigger in GELEGELE . You ll then know GELEGELE is the aboriginal land of the Kalabari Ijaws.

Nama sobiri. If you continue with these idiotic shenanigans, you could force the hand of Nigerian authority to deport you or visit your so-called Ijo people with Bakassi treatment.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2011
killayut:

Let us see how an Igbo man becomes president without Ijaw votes or How Biafra becomes a nation without Ijaw backing, Your forefathers committed suicide because Ijaws refused to back them on their Biafran republic foolishness . So you know,

Goodluck Jonathan is from an Ekpeye(Igbo) area of Bayelsa State. You don't know his family name. He has never denied being Igbo although he has Ijaw ancestry as well. His wife says she originated from Umuahia,Abia. They both speak fluent Igbo Go figure!

Did an Igbo ever say they need ijaws to actualize Biafra or was it ijaws who said their mission can never be accomplished without Ndigbo, who have the know-how and population? Get off the gin,small boy.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2011
[quoteChyz said Since when did Kalabari become 100% Ijaw? Huh. . .I dare you to post any history supporting that claim.][quote][/quote]

Is it Kalabari you want to fool around with now ? Punk, I am a KALABARI IJAW man and we eat Ijaw food, speak Ijaw language, Look Ijaw, rugged as any Ijaw, Proud to be Ijaw and live like Ijaw, and My name is Boma Perebo Senibo, PURE IJAW NAMES at that, Go and smell your anus.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2011
Chyz, Goodluck Jonathan is from an Ekpeye(Igbo) area of Bayelsa State. You don't know his family name. He has never denied being Igbo although he has Ijaw ancestry as well. His wife says she originated from Umuahia,Abia. They both speak fluent Igbo Go figure!

Did an Igbo ever say they need ijaws to actualize Biafra or was it ijaws who said their mission can never be accomplished without Ndigbo, who have the know-how and population? Get off the gin,small boy.

Oboribo,

Good luck is 1001% Epie Ijaw . The same clan from where Okilo came from and his wife is 1002 % Ijaw from Okrika Rivers state, You are a shameless ignorant.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ow11(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2011
Dede1:

I shall not join issues with you about rumor pertaining to Ogoni. However, if the rumor about Ogoni is remotely positive, the so-called Ijo are certainly posters and migrant fisher men. By the evidence of physical geography, there were Ogoni befoe the so-called Ijo.

I just mentioned that (about Ogoni) in passing. I just wanted you to be more elaborate about the Ijaw origins (the porter route). You are quite confident in your assertions and I want to know all of it. This could be quite interesting
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2011
killayut:

Is it Kalabari you want to fool around with now ? Punk, I am a KALABARI IJAW man and we eat Ijaw food, speak Ijaw language, Look Ijaw, rugged as any Ijaw, Proud to be Ijaw and live like Ijaw, and My name is Boma Perebo Senibo, PURE IJAW NAMES at that, Go and smell your anus.

I am an Igbo guy who eats Igbo food, Italian food, Chinese food, Yoruba food, Ijaw food, Hausa food, etc. so your point is? And nicca, your name is TOM BRIGGS not Boma, Doma, or Goma Parapo Senibobo or what ever it is. TOM BRIGGS. It is a PURE ENGLISH NAME. Go figure.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2011
killayut:

Oboribo,

Good luck is 1001% Epie Ijaw . The same clan from where Okilo came from and his wife is 1002 % Ijaw from Okrika Rivers state, You are a shameless ignorant.

really u need to stop this ur foolish act of hate

The only bigot here is YOU!!!!

You came here insulting other ethnic groupss, WHY ??

Just because u are ijaw gave u the right to insult others ?

Yes Jonathan is the president today BECAUSE OF THE SUPPORT OF IGBO PEOPLE and others like edo, yoruba, ogoni, itsekiri etc

IF igbos did not support him, Buhari would be there today.

Get that into ur head and still you accuse them of tribalism ??

U need to have ur head examined
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2011
killayut:

Oboribo,

Okiri,

Goodluck is from Ogbia LGA! Epie-Ijaw is in Yenagoa,lol. You see why we say you don't know what you are talking about? cheesy

I said Goodluck Jonathan's wife(Patience), her name is Ndidi which means patience in Igbo, originated from umuahia. Ok, "originated" was not the best word, I'll use lineage. She has lineage in Umuahia:

http://nationalmirroronline.net/politics/7146.html

All of this 100%, 102% Ijaw nonsense should cease.  you all are nothing without Ndigbo. wink
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 5:57pm On Sep 29, 2011
Chyz*:

Dude, seriously, get your head checked. Maybe it's O[b]s[/b]un that you know and not O[b]g[/b]un. If the folling info doesn't help then na wa for you you're just a lost soul:

http://www.geographic.org/maps/nigeria_maps.html

And this article as well:

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201011081292843

Also, look up these places.(stop fooling yourself!):

Iwopin
Efire
Oni/Alo
Ayede/Lomiro
Ibiade
Ayila/Itebu
Lukogbe/Ilusin
Makun/Irokun
Abigi
Ode-Omi

rather than going into google to look up what you don't know why not try and learn;
iwopin is on the lekki lagoon. you would not know what that is because you have never been there but you have been to

GOOGLE.COM which is god. well i will tell you two things. many states in Nigeria have boundary disputes so to rely on a google map as a final word is naive.
i lam from that area and have travelled in the water several times abigi,ode omi and iwopin are all lagoon fishing settlements.

NOW it is possible on blogs like this to have difference of opinion that is normal. i do not see any justification for you to say i need my head examined or that i am a lost soul.

it is your mother who needs her head and nyash examined. clearly she is a wild animal that was impregnated by your dog father to unleash you on nairaland.
you are a basttarrd and will never do well
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2011
aribisala0:

no alhaji i do not know what a lagoon is tell me. i use google as a tool not the final word, i happen to to come from tht area so google cannot tell me what is outside my door. i asked you a VERY simple question name one town or village in ogun state that is on the atlantic ocean

Aribisala0 my brother we have named the town and villages in that area already

A lagoon is a body of shallow sea water or brackish water separated from the sea by some form of barrier.

OR

Lagoons are shallow coastal bodies of water separated from the ocean by a series of barrier islands which lie parallel to the shoreline

this is a lagoon

[img]http://www.sms.si.edu/irlspec/images/LagoonXS.jpg[/img]

http://www.sms.si.edu/irlspec/whatsa_lagoon.htm

Now look at ogun state, it is clear it is NOT a lagoon. There is no barrier or form of land separating it form the sea or shoreline

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPQtsd5n3yVBf090RIH4nHOHWfQGTDrq5qw-Dpk7HGRUcuWlNaAg[/img]

Towns like Abigi, Ajumo, Olokata

I hope this clears it
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2011
aribisala0:

rather than going into google to look up what you don't know why not try and learn;
iwopin is on the lekki lagoon. you would not know what that is because you have never been there but you have been to

GOOGLE.COM which is god. well i will tell you two things. many states in Nigeria have boundary disputes so to rely on a google map as a final word is naive.
i lam from that area and have travelled in the water several times abigi,ode omi and iwopin are all lagoon fishing settlements.

NOW it is possible on blogs like this to have difference of opinion that is normal. i do not see any justification for you to say i need my head examined or that i am a lost soul.

it is your mother who needs her head and nyash examined. clearly she is a wild animal that was impregnated by your dog father to unleash you on nairaland.

why are u insulting

why everyone they vex like this on nairaland ?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2011
aribisala0:

Are you ok or are you just trying to practice argument for law school? I used nothing like google.com.

Read:

http://ogunstatebiz.tripod.com/adoodootalocalgovernment/id16.html
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 6:17pm On Sep 29, 2011
aribisala0

I suspect you have a separate issue with the LEGAL state boundaries as it pertains to this area.
I really think that this is the wrong thread to raise that.
Every map of Nigeria that we all know show that Ogun state has a "OCEAN" coastline.
If you have facts to the contrary, please open a separate thread and invite folks from that area to iron it out, and probably make a case to the Surveyor General of the federation.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2011
This aribisala guy is funny! Upon the OVERWHELMING evidence, he is still arguing . . .

@Killayut

cheesy
You are indeed a warrior!!! Taking on every ethnic group in Nigeria? You try!
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2011
There is a difference between being a warrior and being rabid. Killayut is like a dog that barks at everything; rabid.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2011
the issue is quite simple only truth if you care to listen.
where do maps of nigerian states come from
any body who went to school knows that for there to be a map there must be a survey.
did google perform a survey or did they borrow a map,
this is not about state dispute.
at any rate your interpretation of the maps is that there is an OCEAN coastline. the maps do NOT say so explicitly. so thathat is an assumption.
i have travelled in these waters several times. from ijede to badore and majidun to langbasa they are all lagoon waters with iwopin in ogun state to the east

find out from history why the british went to war with the ijebus.
the ijebu waterside people do not have ANY atlantic coastal settlements.
all ijebu coastal settlements whether in lagos state or ogun state are in the LEKKI or lagos lagoon or other smaller creeks NOT on the ATLANTIC.
even when the british waged war on the ijebus they came through lagos why did they not come through the atlantic coast if there is one.

ijebu waterside is NOT on the atlantic
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 7:14pm On Sep 29, 2011
alhaji this is NOT a matter of reading maps i HAVE been to all these places so do NOT talk what you know nothing about . all those places you mention i know and have relatives in and mind you abigi is not even coastal at all. it is just a village in ijebu waterside LGA. THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE OLOKATA IT DOES NOT EXIST AND IS AN ERROR.

THIS PROBABBLY REFERS TO OLOKOLA which is in ONDO STATE the LNG place
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2011
i think this is the correct map

it clearly shows the lagoon.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0b/Nigeria_Ogun_State_map.png
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 8:53pm On Sep 29, 2011
killayut:

Oboribo,

This deluded atagbala does not know the slight differences between Brass, Sagbama and Yenagoa.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by remarkD(m): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2011
Did someone just say he eats "Hausa fool"? grin angry sad  and someone else insults another's mother and father, and right away calls him "bastard"? lol@topic its sad when we can't all live together in peace, whether on land, on water or in the air, but as humans, even in this 21st century, subjugation and colonization  still lives within us, one way or another, the heart of man is , (gee i don forget my bible verses) desperately evil and continuously wicked? lo something like that!
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2011
tpia@:

i think this is the correct map

it clearly shows the lagoon.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0b/Nigeria_Ogun_State_map.png

Isn't there a piece of land after the Lagoon?? Is it not part of Ogun's state territory?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2011
piece of land must get name na ??

iwopin is next to epe

i can assure you Epe is quite far from the atlantic. epe town that is . of course ise is not so far which is part of the so called EPe division but NONE of the ijebu waterside townd are next to the atlantic. when next you are at lekki try driving down you will learn a lot more than any google map will teach you
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2011
aribisala0:

piece of land must get name na ??

iwopin is next to epe

i can assure you Epe is quite far from the atlantic. epe town that is . of course ise is not so far which is part of the so called EPe division but NONE of the ijebu waterside townd are next to the atlantic. when next you are at lekki try driving down you will learn a lot more than any google map will teach you

I went to Epe while I was living in Nigeria. In fact, I went to the water front to by Fish and some game meat. I am not as ignorant as you think I am. Although, I am not exactly sure whether to call the water front a Lagoon or Sea front.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Rivers Decides: They Want To Remove Me, Install A Puppet – Gov. Wike Cries Out / 21-Year-Old Governor Ikpeazu's Son, Chinedu, Storms Event In An Official Convoy / Salihu Yakasai: Dethroned Sanusi Won’t Have Access To Visitors – Ganduje’s Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.