Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? (21433 Views)

Benue State University Strike And Rumors You've Heard / Best Nigerian Social Networking Sites / What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by ojeycombo(m): 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
Wili wili come here,
Bena koko come here,
Dahudu moni come here,
but kwakwakwa stay there, grin grin grin
who remembers that? tongue
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by na2(f): 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2011
that madam koi koi is real
bush babies in school
gbomo gbomo kidnaps kids
coke and mango kills
killer everything that exist in nigeria

GOD save us in nigeria
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Biggoozz: 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2011
Oh why did it end nah! I miss sad
Hillarious!
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by cashful(m): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2011
Very funny thread

as a kid, if you do something bad and you don't want your parents to remember you'll simply pull out some of your eye lashes and place it on your head, this will make them forget and you will not be punished
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by coolestboy(m): 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2011
okpariji remember ur left leg.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Gabangel(m): 6:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
I think its that of 100 - 1, Nigeria vs India, and immediately I see that I use to guess that person is over 25, just kiddin but forget Thunder Balogun, it seems that person might be much older, yes, phone rumour that person is, whatever, I still stick with the Indian one
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 16, 2011
that abacha died of apple given to him by a w.h.o.r.e (ashawo)

though in primary school then but can remember seeing the calender everywhere and it sells!
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by youngbest(m): 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2011
Una no even current, the naija india game that ended 99-1 the naija goal was scored by sam okparaji who died after the match
cos no other naija player couldnt kick the ball.
Killer number two times now
killer beans in Ibadan
Cossy slept wit and anima (wrong)
Eddie Murphy is a Nigerian
Eto is from Calabar or Ebonyi
Nas papa na yoruba and named him Nasiru
e.t.c
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by MAYOWAAK: 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2011
lucenzo:

The Most Popular Rumour In Nigeria

I was thinking, what is the most popular rumour in nigeria. To me it was the one that Nigeria super eagles played india with a scoreline of 99 - 1 or was it 100 - 0  grin grin I can't remember now. I heard  that rumour way back 1996 and do you know, the most crazy thing here is that india had never played football or a fifa tournament before. Others could be  grin grin grin
1. Acid rain
2. yar'adua death
3. May 12th judgement day
  Oya nl let's hear your comment

India had indeed participated in FIFA organised competition.They were semi-finalist at the 1956 Olympic soccer event hosted by Finland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_1956_Summer_Olympics
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 17, 2011
If you kill a wall gecko, you'll die and if you want to survive, you have to beg the ghost of the gecko and in order to find the gecko, you have to climb 7 tall mountains and get to some place like that, very crazy Bottom rumor, mschew, and i believed it seriously oo.
That if you swallow a fruit seed, the tree will grow inside your belle.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Cogent: 9:32am On Sep 17, 2011
This thread brightened my morning. My own;
That if you swept the floor at night you are sweeping your wealth away spiritually.
That if a bird defecates on your head you will be rich in future.
That you should not throw a baby into the sky in the evenings so that spirits will not touch it.
That pointing to eggs while counting them prevents them from hatching.
I miss my childhood. . . Kids these days dont know what they are missing.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by nakita(f): 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2011
I have heard that killing a gecko would course your house to collapse when you build one in the future and i have never heard someone will die when they kill one, i always hate them and kill them whenever i find them
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by nakita(f): 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2011
I belive and was always scared about the spirit they talk of around 90s then that would come knocking at the door starting from 12am in the midnight that whoever opens the door will be killed looool and we are all afraid to open the door when my dad was coming back from a friend house at about 11pm, my dad was telling us it was him but nobody belives him cos we heard the spirit can take any form to deceive someone
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by nakita(f): 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2011
I can also remember a rumour that spread that a spirit woman in the river was looking for her lost daughter that wears a certain earring and whichever young girl that worn it would be taken by the spirit woman inside the river and i can still remember then with my friends coming back from school when we heard that and we had to remove our earrings and throw them away and when we got home my friends parent beat them for losting their earring while
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Mojibola(m): 11:14pm On Sep 17, 2011
That if you put cocoyam leaves under your armpit and a teacher beats you in school,, you'll faint and put the teacher in trouble, primary school days,
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by franklampard082(m): 12:18am On Sep 18, 2011
Losing ur dong if some diabolical person touches u[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by orgasm(m): 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2011
Dats if U̶̲̥̅̊ look straight into d eyes of somebody with Apollo U̶̲̥̅̊ will b infected without contacts. Remote control ‎​=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Afam4eva(m): 4:12pm On Oct 15, 2011
I think that India VS Nigeria(99-1) story takes the cake. The funny thing is that many people still believe that story.

Another one is the story that suggested that Michael shumerker(Goal keeper) of Denmark was a robot. This was after they walloped Nigeria by 4 goals to 1 in the France 98 world cup.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by sheyions: 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
Interesting post i did not really know all these information .... well if this is real i dont mind publishing a fine article on this subject on my site.... please contact me and send more details to my contact details on my site

you can also meet me on https://facebook.com/bandonaija

i currently am running a publishing website http://bandonaija.com http://bandonaija.com i publish any information and content from writers and readers, your writeup can reach alot of audiences.... check it out http://bandonaija.com http://bandonaija.com

I pay writers on every original writeup and interesting stories, but i dont pay that much oh>>>> i seek original stories and seeking people to work with.... young minds but note that success is a tasking job see.. http://bandonaija.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Things Extraordinary People Say Everyday. / Happy Independence Day Nigeria And Happy New Month!!! / Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.