Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop (3236 Views)

The Open Kitchen Catering Services (oks) / Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open / Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by JeffGuo(m): 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2011
Ekasan all

i'm a chinese wanna open a shop selling kitchen cabinet, wooden furniture and solar charger in lagos, but i got sth not clear enough.

1. what's the rent fee for a 100 square meter showroom in ikeja, the better around opebi or toyin, i wanna firstly rent for 2 years.

2. then what is the accurate fee for clearing a 40 feet container's wood board in apapa port.

anyone who knows either or both of the two questions please give me some advice. then i will give good discount when my shop open smiley

O se all
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by Zidon(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2011
Rent for 100meter square in opebi road-#50,000 to #60,000
Clearin a 40 feet container wood board in apapa port ranges from #100,000 to 250,000, though am not too sure of this but can help
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by JeffGuo(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2011
Hello, Zidon, but I don't think it's a reasonable price, N60,000 can just by a low rank bb in slot,
I'm seriously wanna do d biz. Thank you all the same
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by Zidon(m): 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2011
so how much do u intend to rent the 100m square flat
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by JeffGuo(m): 6:25am On Sep 16, 2011
that's what i want to find out, i prepare 15M to invest the business. tks
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by JeffGuo(m): 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2011
Hi all, is there any idea i can get from u?
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by Zidon(m): 5:34am On Sep 18, 2011
Then you are good to go, 15M is more than enough to start your business
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by JeffGuo(m): 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2011
Ah, please no advert. Thank u
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by wysenas(m): 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2011
Hi Jeff,this is yur friend Nasiru,d funiture and interior maker.u mean u have not gotten a shop yet.anyway,are u familiar with lagos?if yes,u need a shop in places like ikeja,opebi,Allen,maryland etc.so that u can be in busy area 4 customers to notice yur presence.
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by JeffGuo(m): 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2011
Yes, I'm familiar with Lagos and PH, comparing marland, I still prefer opebi, I now got two choices, one is around adebola house in opebi and the other one around st. Leo church. But I still not too satisfied with them, so I wonder if there is anybody can give more infos on to let.
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by Gladmama(f): 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2011
JeffGuo, all I can say to you is to be careful, you are putting interesting ammunition on for discussion, telling pple how much you have to invest, I can see how pple are jumping up and down to answer you, anyway you are used to Nigerians by the sound of it. Just be careful.
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by JeffGuo(m): 3:55am On Sep 26, 2011
Thank you for your remind, gladmama. I really needed the shop, now I am registering a company in china, then after doing soncap, delivering the goods, I will be to Nigeria, this investment amount after calculation is not as what they think as you say. When everything paid off almost nothing left. For the showroom, my Nigeria friend who is a powerful man will rent for me in the form of investment. But I wanna have more choices. Mama
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by Niiade(m): 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2011
You have a very good business idea there. You truly need space but first of all I think you should consider that it could be a lot more expensive opening a showroom around ikeja which would be expensive and reduce your ROI and increase ur break-even point.
Secondly do u intend producing here, I mean having a workshop to make your furniture. If yes then you should be more concern about getting space for it in a relative cheap area but close to ikeja to avoid large cost on transportation. For the show room, I would advise you check places around lagos airport hotel, Aromire street after allen roundabout or Toyin street.cus it would be hard getting space around opebi facing the road. I would ask around on ur behalf for space around ikeja.
Keep at it.eet.cus it would be hard getting space around opebi facing the road. I would ask around on ur behalf for space around ikeja.
Keep at it.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 27, 2011
this business doesnt seem too popular in nigeria (to me). your powerful friend might have contacts that can lead you to already established competitors to learn from.
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by JeffGuo(m): 3:12am On Sep 27, 2011
It's not just popular, I did the work in 9ja for 2 years
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by JeffGuo(m): 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2011
Thank you so much Niiade, I will consider, but for this money, I can not open workshop, so that means all the cabinets will be fabricated in china, but it has another advantage that since the products are fabricated in china, there the factory has more advanced machines and technicians, we can make sure the quality-further more I have people watching the factory before they ship the goods. Since I worked in nigeria in cabinet area for two years, I found some of the producers' product are not the good ones. So I believe I can make good market in 9ja.
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by JeffGuo(m): 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2011
Happy independent my friends in d topic
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by BOMANY: 12:40am On Oct 12, 2011
[size=14pt]

I thought importing wood panels was contraband, which means you cant import it legally. But as I checked again the last “Import Prohibition List” of customs, I didn’t see anything about wood and MDF again. Maybe it is lifted from the list, or the ban was only about furniture. I will ask my clearing agent to update the info.

2nd, it happened that I was searching on this project last month. I have a company in Lagos into importation, and I wanted to open a show room (I have already rented the place) in Oregun, the parallel street to Opebi and Allen Avenue but I was told it is contraband and the charges to clear any furniture in the Warf is not less than 4million naira, so I dropped the case. But when I saw you saying that Nigeria into this business for 2 years then I said I need to check back.

However, according to the Customs Tariff Book, the duties are 20% + 5% VAT plus the customs’ levies which varies from 4% for particle board and laminated plywood to 14% (10 + 4) which is for MDF and veneered plywood panels.
any clearing agent wouldnt charge more than 100,000 for 40" container or even you may get less.

Anyway, if you like to meet in my office for further discussion, may be we can sort something out of this. Perhaps instead of me going to China, China sef has come
A2z_house at yahoo dot com[/size]
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by JeffGuo(m): 7:00am On Oct 12, 2011
Tks, Mr. Bomany, I hv sent you mail just now, if you didn't get it please mail me at Jefferson.guo@ gmail.com regards
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by JeffGuo(m): 10:26am On Jul 18, 2014
Gladmama: JeffGuo, all I can say to you is to be careful, you are putting interesting ammunition on for discussion, telling pple how much you have to invest, I can see how pple are jumping up and down to answer you, anyway you are used to Nigerians by the sound of it. Just be careful.
Thank you, madam, I will pay attention to that...eshe
Re: I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop by polekitchen: 8:23am On Sep 01, 2016
We are china kitchen cabinet and wardrobe manufacturer and exporter of kitchen cabinets, wardrobes and other wooden furniture . We want to introduce our furniture and our own models to you,if you are interested.please visit us on the web:www.polekitchen.com We are keen in establishing a business relationship with your company. Please feel free to let us know how we can assist and support you in order for you to make more profit by selling the furniture from China.
We hope to receive your sincere reply as we do not want to waste your valuable time should you are not keen in establishing a business relationship with us.
Awaiting for your reply!
Best Regards,
Leo
+86 1392225 3929

(1) (Reply)

The First Step In Registration Of Business Name / Dollar Crashes To N800 At The (black) Parallel Market / I Need Scraps Metal Properties To Buy From Companies.preferable In Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.