Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Lust In Translation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lust In Translation (755 Views)

Is It Natural To Be Blind/lust In Love? / Difference Between Love And Lust In A Relationship / Is Lust Stronger Than Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lust In Translation by emofine(f): 12:54am On Sep 16, 2011
How do two people sustain a relationship when they cannot speak the same tongue? - maybe love is the language they are communicating in.
It's actually intriguing for me to observe because actions becomes the dialect that both trade conversations in (well the couple I witnessed).
Re: Lust In Translation by omega25red(m): 12:58am On Sep 16, 2011
give examples
Re: Lust In Translation by omega25red(m): 1:02am On Sep 16, 2011
sorry posted twice
Re: Lust In Translation by emofine(f): 1:07am On Sep 16, 2011
I'm sorry. . .but what examples do you want me to render?

The only example I can relay is a personal account. I only observed one couple in such a predicament. The man spoke Greek, the lady English, they were in-tuned with each other physically (based on their body language) but obviously not linguistically.
Re: Lust In Translation by itiswell1(m): 6:28am On Sep 16, 2011
Its a matter of time.
Re: Lust In Translation by pendo89(f): 6:33am On Sep 16, 2011
The same way blind/dumb people fall in love with each other.
I think chemistry/communication takes place in the soul first before it manifests in the physical.
Re: Lust In Translation by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 16, 2011
Interesting topic. I would think a relationship like that would be very intense because the couple would have to rely on all other senses therefore, sensing each other on a whole different level. There is much intensity and sharing even in silence.
Re: Lust In Translation by claremont(m): 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2011
emofine:

How do two people sustain a relationship when they cannot speak the same tongue? - maybe love is the language they are communicating in.
It's actually intriguing for me to observe because actions becomes the dialect that both trade conversations in (well the couple I witnessed).
So "love" is now a form of language?! Interesting!

Nothing wey person no dey hear for dis Nairaland oh!
cheesy
Re: Lust In Translation by ronkebp(f): 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2011
It is just because 'Love does not have a language",
Re: Lust In Translation by Ben13: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2011
It's more fun, I think. cheesy Especially when you don't have in-laws to give explanations, as to why you chose him/her outa millions 'in the market'.
Re: Lust In Translation by emofine(f): 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2011
pendo89:

The same way blind/dumb people fall in love with each other.
I think chemistry/communication takes place in the soul first before it manifests in the physical.

Yes I believe that also but I was wondering after the initial attraction stage how does such a relationship with a huge barrier such as language differences survive but I guess that one party or better yet both will eventually begin to understand one anothers language.

talina:

Interesting topic. I would think a relationship like that would be very intense because the couple would have to rely on all other senses therefore, sensing each other on a whole different level. There is much intensity and sharing even in silence.

Yeah I tend to agree, I like the explanation you rendered as well - their relationship will be sensual then and heavily dependent on aural imagery.
Re: Lust In Translation by emofine(f): 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2011
claremont:

So "love" is now a form of language?! Interesting!

Nothing wey person no dey hear for dis Nairaland oh!
cheesy

Well it's a feeling conveyed by the parties involved so yep you could say it's a "form of language".

ronkebp:

It is just because 'Love does not have a language",

Well it's not limited by dialect that's for sure.
Re: Lust In Translation by iice(f): 11:14am On Sep 23, 2011
You can always get over the language barrier. Just a matter of time and patience.
I agree with pendo, it's chemistry. It's aura. It's vibe.

(1) (Reply)

Love Don’t Cost A Thing. / Why These Gurls Act This Way?? / Is It Acceptable For A Guy To Accomodate A Female Stranger For 3 Months?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.