Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan (7056 Views)

I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan / I’ve Never Killed Anybody — Wike / I Never Thought I Would Become First Lady In My Life – Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by ASANIGBO20(m): 5:48am On Sep 16, 2011
I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life, Says Patience Jonathan

First lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, has denied the report that he was investigated for being in possession of $13.5 million in 2006 saying she had never seen such amount in her life.

Mrs. Jonathan who was reacting to a report by online whistle blower that the said amount was confiscated from her said $13.5 million was way too much for her to carry. She spoke to members of the Nigerian Association of Women Journalists (NAWOJ) at the Presidential Villa.

“How can they say Mrs. Jonathan is caught with that kind of money? Can a human being carry that kind of money in a bag? That money is too much o. Even if I escaped the security in Nigeria, I could not have escaped the security people in the country they said I was carrying that kind of big money to,” the first lady said.

She said the story was planted to discredit her husband’s first 100 days in office as elected president and was aimed at blackmailing her family because there was no iota of truth in the report.

Mrs. Jonathan said she had never stolen throughout her time as wife of an elected public officer: “I was wife of deputy governor; I never stole. I was wife of governor; I never stole. I was wife of the vice-president; I never stole; and now I’m the wife of the president; I have not stolen.”
The first lady who was visibly emotional about the allegation said she had been disturbed by the baseless rumour and accused those who were bent on rubbishing her husband’s administration of orchestrating the story.

“Since my life I have never, never, never been invited by the EFCC. If ever I was invited, I won’t shy away; I will go there and report myself. But I have never been invited by EFCC.
“I have discovered that anytime my husband is contesting for an election, people will want to pull him down. Especially those people who don’t want Nigeria to move forward. They will always come out with false story because they want to sell their story, they go ahead and publish their falsehood without making efforts to get facts.

“Incidentally, Nuhu Ribadu was chairman of the EFCC when they said I stole that kind of big amount of money and he was also a presidential aspirant in the past elections. When this matter came to him, he made it clear to whoever wanted to listen that he never invited Mrs. Jonathan to the EFCC over any kind of crime but Nigerians have refused to hear and believe him.

“Today, Mrs. Farida is there as the chairman of the EFCC. If my file was with the commission, she would have seen it to do a follow up on that. But she has not done so because there is nothing criminal about me in the commission neither is there anything against my husband.

“Where is the customs officer that arrested me? The money is too big for one person to carry. When I was wife of deputy governor, there was no allocation to my office. I was wife of the governor, there was no allocation, I was wife to the vice president, there was no allocation to my office and now I am the wife of the president and still there is no allocation to my office.

“I work with my NGO and I organise launchings to raise money. I plead with good Samaritans to donate to my NGO and they do that with all their heart because they are happy with what I am doing with the money they give me which I am using to better the lives of the poor in the society.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/sept/16/newsbreak-16-09-2011-001.html

Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 16, 2011
big lie, i wonder why ribadu denied the case maybe that is his leverage to keep gej in check not to come after him
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by Beaf: 6:59am On Sep 16, 2011
chuks01:

big lie, i wonder why ribadu denied the case maybe that is his leverage to keep gej in check not to come after him

How about that it never happened? Many Nigerians are rumour lovers, so any story can fly.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by gregg2: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2011
Wao, very emotional:
ASANIGBO20:

1) “I was wife of deputy governor; I never stole. I was wife of governor; I never stole. I was wife of the vice-president; I never stole; and now I’m the wife of the president; I have not stolen.”

2) “Since my life I have never, never, never been invited by the EFCC. If ever I was invited, I won’t shy away; I will go there and report myself. But I have never been invited by EFCC.

3) “I have discovered that anytime my husband is contesting for an election, people will want to pull him down. . . They will always come out with false story because they want to sell their story, they go ahead and publish their falsehood without making efforts to get facts.

4) “Incidentally, Nuhu Ribadu was chairman of the EFCC when they said I stole that kind of big amount of money and he was also a presidential aspirant in the past elections. When this matter came to him, he made it clear to whoever wanted to listen that he never invited Mrs. Jonathan to the EFCC over any kind of crime but Nigerians have refused to hear and believe him.

5) “Today, Mrs. Farida is there as the chairman of the EFCC. If my file was with the commission, she would have seen it to do a follow up on that. But she has not done so because there is nothing criminal about me in the commission neither is there anything against my husband.

6) “Where is the customs officer that arrested me?

7) When I was wife of deputy governor, there was no allocation to my office. I was wife of the governor, there was no allocation, I was wife to the vice president, there was no allocation to my office and now I am the wife of the president and still there is no allocation to my office.

Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by Greenslim: 2:44pm On Sep 16, 2011
Only business people can access to such money at a glance.
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by DunOla: 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2011
demdem are you a lawyer? shocked shocked
and beaf why do you lie so much?
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by mitofag: 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2011
I am glad she has never seen that much money in her life and hopefully she will never see it. Fingers crossed

that warms my heart. Now can we get back to something more important?
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by blacksta(m): 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2011
If somebody is classified as an accomplice it is very possible that they weren't involved in the physical carriage of the stolen money hence Dame Patience is correct but that only can never prove she aint guilty.
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by grafikii: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2011
even self, i have never seen 100 naira, ah ah umblella
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by wowo2: 11:36am On Sep 17, 2011
Lie Lie. I don't believe you Ma. Maybe you don't understand what you are saying this time around too Ma, because Madam, you once lied about being a widow.
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2011
Some of your in this forum have not seen the package of $1m. Its physically impossible for $13.5m to be carried in a handbag. Full Stop ! I dont know if you guyz are adults or a bunch of kids playing with laptops.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by ournation: 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2011
thats a huge sum of of money for one person to carry dude
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by JamesDoe: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2011
I need to see the video, not one shell seems to have been launched in the excerpt above.

Until I see the video of her making those statements I refuse to believe that is our Dame being quoted.

Ah ah, who taught her English grammar. Or was the interview conducted in her local language and then transcribed?
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 17, 2011
@Demdem: im glad to find pips like u here. They thougt we are all fools and sycophants suffering from collective amnasia but they are wrong again. They are all d same irrespective of tribe, religion nor party affiliation. Its so shamefull reading d presidents wife dumb responce, she just woked up nw after 4yrs to make dis rebutal. SO FUNNY
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2011
Almost believed, until I found out the English was perfect,

EFCC CAN'T TOUCH ME
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by MAKABBEY(m): 1:06pm On Sep 17, 2011
U guyz are funny, what u are now inplying is dat the whole first lady of federal republic Nigeria, cannot speak correct english, witout her native language, despite all are degree qualification.
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2011
musKeeto:

Almost believed, until I found out the English was perfect,

EFCC CAN'T TOUCH ME

grin grin grin
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2011
You were accused of carying $3.5 million, and not $13.5 million.
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by swiftycool(m): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2011
God bless u Demdem its people like u who present proofs and mention names that are the real saviours of this nation, so many of our leaders have been raping our nation and keeping an innocent face, now u guys know who dat two-faced blockhead and his wife really are. They. Never knew dat they were shooting demselves in thei foot when they approved d FOI bill, wait and see many more revelations of their ill gotten wealth fixed into various largescale investments and d shock will be Mega.

Also about d non allocation to d first lady's office, I guess the allocations 4 d popular bags of rice were also voluntary donations from individuals. RUBBISH!
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by BetaThings: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2011
Beaf:

How about that it never happened? Many Nigerians are rumour lovers, so any story can fly.
Exactly. Rumours all the time.
Dokpesi and IBB were on the way to jail for Oct 1 bombing!
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by BetaThings: 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2011
Thank you, first lady for telling us this
I knew it was the handiwork of the wicked, your detractors, busybodies, the jealous and envious
Only human beings steal and commit crime
I know that you are not really a human being, but a saint and an angel
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by BadExample: 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2011
Don't worry you will soon see it grin
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2011
abeg make una leave the woman jo na their time most of una wey dey complain go do WORSTER than dat,wen i reach there na sell i go sell nigeria and all of una for inside to an indian tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by awuf2008: 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2011
That is not true, am sure she will have seen and have billions in her account. They will all face the wrought of God sooner than later. Thief mama.
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by melotech(m): 8:31pm On Sep 17, 2011
you can transact money without physically seeing it so that is not a big deal
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by MENTORCH(m): 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2011
But u av seen $50m in ur life.
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2011
Beaf:

Accursed, You again.
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by fxtopedia(m): 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2011
LeoMax:

Some of your in this forum have not seen the package of $1m. Its physically impossible for $13.5m to be carried in a handbag. Full Stop ! I dont know if you guyz are adults or a bunch of kids playing with laptops.

Corruption apologist! Thanks for this insight grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by mamagee3(f): 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2011
So much of an intelligent comment coming from the lips of Nigeria's first lady!
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by otondo55: 10:38pm On Sep 17, 2011
Top 10 best hits: From our first lady "Her Excellency Dame patience Jonathan"

1.My husband and sambo is a good people.

2.The president was once a child and the senators were once a children

3.My fellow widows

4.A good mother takes care of his children

5.The people sitting before you here were once a children

6.Yes we are all happy for the effort,it is not easy to carry second in an international competition like this one - (Addressing press men after female under-19 fifa world cup)

7.The bombers who born them? wsn't it not a woman? they were once a children now a adult now they are bombing women and children making some children widow

8.My heart feels sorry for these children who have become widows by losing their parents for one reason or another

9.We should have love for our fellow Nigerians irrespective of their nationality

10.Thank God the doctors and nurses are responding to treatment (while visitng bomb explosion victims in the hospital)

And the latest bomb-

11. I Would rather kill myself instead of committing suicide

Let us observe a minute silent for our first lady
Re: I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan by poweredcom(m): 10:43pm On Sep 17, 2011
Na lie, abi she wan tell me say, dem no get Ghana must go bag wey stacks of Money full inside even pass 13.5milla, dolls, Her papa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Minister Of Information Labaran Maku Live On Ait Tune In / Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan / Photos: ISIS Cut Off Three Men Head With Sword For Being Homosexuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.