Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,394 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

How To Hear From God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Hear From God (1515 Views)

How Do You Hear From God? / Want To Hear From God Directly And Regularly? / Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Hear From God by Godmouth(m): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2011
God speaks to His children in different ways and at different times as we see all through the bible. I have had several experiences with God which I am willing to share with those Christians out there who truly want to walk with God like the men and women whom we see in the bible did.

Please feel free to ask any questions as I would be willing to answer.

Note: this thread/topic are only for those who are seriously seeking to have a deeper relationship with God.

God bless
Re: How To Hear From God by r231(m): 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2011
So how do i hear from God
Re: How To Hear From God by Godmouth(m): 10:06am On Sep 19, 2011
Dear brother: It's very easy to hear from God. What you need to do is spend time in His Presence: by this I mean spend time reading  the bible and praying. Have a set time you do this every day. Morning and night, you can do so sometimes in the afternoons if you wish. Matthew 6 vs 33 tells us to seek the kingdom of God above all else and all will be added to us.

God speaks through different ways and I'll list them for you below:

1. His word

2. Audible voice

3. People

4. Dreams and Visions

5. Truance

6. Revelation

7. Word of knowledge.

If you want me to share my encounters of God with you please let me know and I will be willing to do so.
Re: How To Hear From God by bece: 10:24am On Sep 19, 2011
Pls share your encounter.
Re: How To Hear From God by Godmouth(m): 11:21am On Sep 19, 2011
@ Bece,
Thanks for your request:

I have quite a few to share. Most of my encounters have been angelic visits. They happen through dreams and visions as you'll see in the list I posted before. God sends His angels to His children (Christians) for specific purposes: to minister to them and give them specific messages either for themselves or for other people. Heberews 1 vs 14 tells us: "Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation".

In my own case God has sent His angels to me (different angels ) to tell me about my calling as a minister of God and also to give me specific messages for the church I attend in particular and also for people I  know (family members and friends).

One of the encounters I've had: this one was a scary one because of the magnitude of the power of the encounter. I knew this was Jesus because of the power and glory of God surrounding Him. In this vision (night time while asleep) I found myself in a room ( not my room where I sleep in my house here in London) it was actually the house where I lived as a child in Nigeria. While I was sleeping in this vision. Suddenly a man appeared in the room: the whole room was filled with a cloud of smoke and there was the power and glory of God emanating from around His presence. I opened my eyes and as I turned to see what was going on in the room: my whole body became so weak that I could not even move or speak: this was because the power and glory of  God paralysed me. I tell you dear sister, I really feel sorry for those who joke with God. This experience I had showed me how powerful God is. As I was lying there unable to move, suddenly my body began to lift up in the air, all by itself just right in front of Him, I was lifted by the power of God up to about 5 feet in the air as I turned to looked at the being (Jesus) who was standing in front of me; I could not see His face because it was so bright and there was power and glory emanating from Him. Then my body began to go back down slowly until it reached my bed where I was lying: then I woke up. It was the most awesome experience I have had in my life.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions about hearing from God or if you want to hear more about my encounters let me know.

God bless!
Re: How To Hear From God by Plutarch: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2011
Does every dream have a meaning?
Re: How To Hear From God by Godmouth(m): 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2011
@ Plutarch,

Not every dream has a meaning. Please tell me why you ask this question and I'll explain my answer further!

God bless!
Re: How To Hear From God by kelvinnile(m): 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2011
@op, how do i go abouot reading the bible? Should i just start from the 1st page and start reading, or open to any page? Is there a guide? Thanks.
Re: How To Hear From God by Plutarch: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2011
I asked cos everybody seem to hv had one dream or d other. Hv had my share of this also but happily n thankfully, they didnt materialize
Re: How To Hear From God by Godmouth(m): 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2011
@Kelvinnile

There are different ways to go about reading your bible. You see: knowing God can be likened to education. You have to read several books to pass your exams and get good grades. When it comes to God: you only have one book to read which is the bible. You will need commitment and discipline if you are to remain in the word of God daily. You should start with one chapter a day. You can start from any book. Genesis, Matthew, John, Acts of the Apostles, and so on,  However, make sure you study God's word day and night  just as Joshua chapter 1 vs 8 tells us.

You should have a particular book which you are studying at any given point in time. It is then advisable for you to read other books to complement it. This will make your study of the bible lively and not monotonous. For example if you are studying the book of Genesis: after reading a particular chapter, later on in the day go to another book (books like Psalms, proverbs, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, are good books to compliment your main study book)
It's just like in a movie where you have the main plot (storyline) and you have a sub-plot to balance things!

Above all, make sure you are led by the spirit of God: He is the one that knows which book God wants to use in communicating with you at any given point in time!

Please feel free to ask if you have any further question!

God bless you.
Re: How To Hear From God by Godmouth(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2011
@ Plutarch

You are right in what you have said. Dreams occur in the mind of people when they are asleep. This is when the body is almost inactive (apart from respiration and blood circulation). During this time: the mind which is the most powerful entity of the human being is still active. This is because the mind is not part of the body. The mind is part of the soul and so when the body is inactive in sleep: the mind sometimes is still active because it is a spiritual entity unlike the body which is physical.

However difference between dreaming and thinking is that your spirit is actively involved in the action when dreaming.

Most dreams that have a meaning come from God. Infact all. It's a way of Him trying to say something to us. However like I said before, not all dreams are seriuos or have a meaning. When someone's mind is pre-occupied with a particlar issue: they are likely to dream about such matters. It's a way of the mind channeling the issue away from the soul. Some dreams too can happen at random (without steming from an issue occupying the mind) and still would not carry any meaning. The human mind is just too complex. That's why all praise must go to God for making such a wonderful entity in us.

Hope this helps!

God bless.
Re: How To Hear From God by kelvinnile(m): 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2011
Thanks alot, that was quite a long and explanatory piece!
Re: How To Hear From God by bece: 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2011
@Godmouth how can one communicate with God,e.g when you want to know the will of God concerning an issue
Re: How To Hear From God by Godmouth(m): 4:23pm On Sep 19, 2011
Bece

How to communicate with God is very simple. You should simply take your request to Him in prayer. When you go to God you must realise who you are coming before. You are coming before God almighty: the one who gave you the breathe of life and who is sovereign over all creation. You must approach Him with reverence for who He is.

1. How to know the will of God concerning an issue is to go to Him without having an agenda of your own.

2. You must have a relationship with Him through Christ. Without this, you cannot hear from Him.

Looking at point one again: I'll give an example of having an agenda. In your case, being a female, if you are approached by a man who wants to marry you and you are attracted to him. You shouldn't go to God to bless your courtship/union straightaway. You should hear His will concerning the matter; and I tell you it could be 50/50. God can say He is your husband or He can say He is not even if the man is so wonderful and you are in love with Him.

Jeremiah 1 vs 5 tells us: Before I formed you in the womb, I knew ,   So God knows everything about you way before your parents thought of having you. His will is perfect and failure to follow His leading causes problems and heartache in life.
Re: How To Hear From God by Plutarch: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2011
@op,thanks 4 d responses given so far.

How do one know if God is the One talking to one and not something/someone else?
Re: How To Hear From God by Godmouth(m): 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2011
Plutarch

Let me throw another question back at you: How do you know when your father is talking to you if you cannot see him? You recognise His voice I guess. The same thing with God. You see, people who hear God are not strange people, they are humans like yourself and everybody else.

God has a unique way of communicating with His children. You are talking about hearing God's voice audibly. Contrary to a lot of old Christian films where God is depicted as always speaking with a thunderous voice, that's not the way He speaks. It's like the voice of a human being: however you would not only hear it in your mind, it would reverberate in your spirit. It would be so clear, accurate and often times precise. It will also align with His word. He will never tell you anything that is contrary to His word.

The key is having a deep relationship with Him. I know when God is speaking to me clearly. I did not master that overnight. It came with spending time in His presence. You too can attain that level. Seek Him with all your heart and He would be found by you.
Re: How To Hear From God by nanidee(f): 7:04pm On Sep 19, 2011
@op,

This is a very lovely topic, and your answers are sooo on-point. Kudos to you. I hope God gives you more grace.

Cheers!!
Re: How To Hear From God by Godmouth(m): 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2011
@ Nanidee

Thanks so much for your encouragement, I really appreciate it! I just wish Christians would grasp what I am trying to say.
We would truly see the glory of God manifest in a whole new dimension.
Re: How To Hear From God by davidif: 4:47am On Aug 26, 2014
Keep it coming brah.

(1) (Reply)

'HEAD COVERING' IN 1 CORINTHIANS CHPT 11 IS SYMBOLIC NOT LITERAL / How To Avoid Sleeping In The Church ( ? ) / Word Of Faith Convention 2014 Starts Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.