Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris (5280 Views)

Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith / Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife / Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 11:32am On Sep 16, 2011
. . . .For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Jesus was made sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. Now, we’ve been declared righteous through Christ. So when God looks at us, all He sees is His righteousness; He doesn’t see any sin. What great news this is! No wonder the Bible says,

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit” (Romans 8:1).

This is the reason as a child of God, it’s wrong for you to welter and wallow in the rot of condemnation, because all your sins were laid on Jesus. So never find yourself struggling to be righteous or trying to please God by your good works. The Bible says, to God,

“…all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags…” (Isaiah 64:6).

He’s not impressed by man’s ideas or definitions of righteousness. What He wants is for us to submit to His righteousness:

For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God” (Romans 10:30).

The scripture above didn’t say anything about us gaining the righteousness of God. Rather, we’re to submit or give ourselves to it. This is what God requires of us; to submit ourselves to His righteousness. To submit yourself to the righteousness of God means to believe, accept and endorse that what Christ did on the Cross for you was enough. It was a perfect sacrifice, and you can’t improve on perfect. Therefore, you don’t need to try to be anymore righteous than what God has declared you to be.

Accept that you’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. When you do, you’ll live everyday without a sense of condemnation; knowing that your righteousness is the righteousness of Christ. If you do something wrong, all the Lord expects from you is to confess that wrong and receive His forgiveness:

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).

Prayer
Blessed Father, what joy floods my soul to know that I’m the offspring of your righteousness! What delight to know that I am as righteous as Jesus is righteous because the righteousness I have is your very righteousness. I yield to your wisdom and righteousness today, knowing that I’ve been sanctified, spirit, soul and body, to worship you and bring glory to your Name. Amen.

Further Study
Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Romans 4:3-6
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works
Re: Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris by mabell: 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2011
Blessed Father, what joy floods my soul to know that I’m the offspring of your righteousness! What delight to know that I am as righteous as Jesus is righteous because the righteousness I have is your very righteousness. I yield to your wisdom and righteousness today, knowing that I’ve been sanctified, spirit, soul and body, to worship you and bring glory to your Name. Amen.
Re: Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris by 5solas(m): 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2011
Joagbaje:

. . . .For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Glory to God. Hallelujah!
Re: Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris by chrisj2000(m): 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2011
yes you can
Re: Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 16, 2011
at last, pastor Jo and I can agree on something. Good thread.
Re: Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 16, 2011
Things would have been different for me if the old testament wasnt just there. The atrocities have no righteousness in them. Yeah yeah i dont have a brain
Re: Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris by OmoPastor(m): 11:36am On Dec 16, 2011
Thank you sir, i embrace the righteousness of God given to me as a gift.

@ chrisj2000

You are a totally confused soul with bitter spirit fed from baseless assumptions.

All you know is how to quote bible.
what do you expect him to quote?

you take time to examine your own life; how your neighbours see you, what you have given to your society, how this your omnipotent god has blessed people around you, etc.
and how is your own life? sparkling clean? while all others are dirty?

But i want to assure you that there is condemnation to those who bend the gospel to suit their ulterior motives
so who bent the gospel that you saw or caught?

there is condemnation to those who bribe church members to pose like a cripple so that they'll perform magical healing on them
were you bribed once to lie?

there condemnation to those who quote Malachi 3vs 8-10 just to defraud unsuspecting church attendants knowing full well that the blessing attached to tithing is elusive
you are a "suspecting" church member, so live with it! To you, the blessing of tithing is elusive but to some of us, its real.

I don't believe that there is hell fire but i do believe that a kind of hell fire awaits all these bogus men of god.
what do you really believe sef? stay on one side bro, stop being tossed about.

Bros you are in a deep shit and you need a chronic session and dosage of the ministry of Gods word.
Re: Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris by chrisj2000(m): 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2011
heads cool
Re: Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris by OmoPastor(m): 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2011
@ chrisj2000

we shall soon know who is really deranged and who is the sicko.

anyway, there is always a room for you when you are ready for the word therapy.

one more thing, you cannot escape this one cos you have been captured already, so i say congratulations!!!

(1) (Reply)

We {muslim} Love Jesus More Than You / Atheism Is Madness / People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.