Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

International Passport Wahala, When Will Nigeria Get It Right? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / International Passport Wahala, When Will Nigeria Get It Right? (1680 Views)

Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Beautiful Picture Of Cotonou. When Will Nigeria Be Like Cotonou? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

International Passport Wahala, When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by ud4u: 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2011
My brother has been in Nigeria for two weeks now just to correct spelling error that was made on his passport, but I tell you that for two weeks now it has not been achieved.

First of all he was directed to Abuja from Lagos office but on geeting there, after the agent has collected 35,000 thousand naira for the job, he was told that some of the signatries were not around and that took him about three days to get that done. After that it was discovered that the machine was broken down and they started working on the machine which lasted for about a week. Now the machine has been put in place and the problem now is that those in printing section are not present at the office.

The most annoying part of the issue is that my brother has gone twice to change his travelling schedules with 7,500 thousand naira each, and he has been absence from duty for two weeks, you know that over there, they are paid in hours.

To crown it all my brother said at his presence someone paid 200,000 thousand naira and his own was done that very day.

Chei !!! what a country
Re: International Passport Wahala, When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by ud4u: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2011
This case is still pending as at today, please immigration officers in the house, what can be done? Please comments are welcomed.
Re: International Passport Wahala, When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by JeSoul(f): 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2011
ud4u:

My brother has been in Nigeria for two weeks now just to correct spelling error that was made on his passport, but I tell you that for two weeks now it has not been achieved.

First of all he was directed to Abuja from Lagos office but on geeting there, after
1 the agent has collected 35,000 thousand naira for the job, he was told that some of the signatries were not around and that took him about three days to get that done.
2 After that it was discovered that the machine was broken down and they started working on the machine which lasted for about a week.
3 Now the machine has been put in place and the problem now is that those in printing section are not present at the office.

4 The most annoying part of the issue is that my brother has gone twice to change his travelling schedules with 7,500 thousand naira each, and he has been absence from duty for two weeks, you know that over there, they are paid in hours.

[size=16pt]To crown it all my brother said at his presence someone paid 200,000 thousand naira and his own was done that very day[/size].

Chei !!! what a country

I think they're telling him all these stories/excuses until he gets the hint that they want him to bribe them. All this drama just to correct a typo There has to be an easier way . . . hopefully someone will drop a comment that is helpful.

(1) (Reply)

6 Months Passport Validity Rule / Accra Vs Nairobi: How To Have Fun In Both Cities / American Embassy Allegedly Recalls Issued Visa(must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.