Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others (2967 Views)

Workforce -sterling Bank Customer Service / STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! / Sterling Bank Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by eddy2009(m): 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2007
Guys,
Have you ever wonder what is happening with old but great banks like union, wema and sterling bank? I did some critical investigating journalism and came up with this report. I guess after this write-ups, I will never be employed by these companies( laugh).

1. Union bank after being left behind by his brother( Firstbank, who is waxing strong now) has been sleeping and carrying out recruitment in secret; the Directors could wake up one morning and put their son name in the list and next is interview( not even necessary) , have you ever wonder why despite the massive exodus of its staff, they are not recruiting like their contemporaries .( They wont even read this, their online service is terrible) though, being the least paying bank, they can adjust and it will NEVER shake their foundation but lo ! those old men in duffle coats will sit in their offices without even bringing up modern ideas on how to move this great bank to meet with the challenges o the 21st century. The irony is that they are still making petty profit and no wonder my grand mother still keeps her N100 with them . the question is HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OR SEEN UNION PLACING VACANCY ADVERT ON NEWPAPERS EVER SINCE YOU WERE BORN? It’s okay, I don’t want to hurt my father ( he is a shareholder of the bank)

2. Wema bank is a 2nd generation bank and has great mind and their retail banking is simply wonderful. Infact, the new logo and building patterns is really a marvel to most new Gen. Banks. But the fact is that they will collect Cv from their H/Office and yet, the selection process is done in a manner that reminds one of the military (NDA). My problem is that why is that only the Director and Mangers relations are called in ( I can get as much as 21 proof if required to backup) . people with great results in Banking/Finance?Adminstration are not even called in for aptitude test. I just wonder !!. the goodnews is that their adverts in the Motion Media is really excellent.

3. Sterling bank has been trying for the past 3 yrs but this year, their recruitment level is quite disheartening inspite of their constant expansion, I still believe that in the next couple of mths, after coming the market to shore up its capital base, something good will definitely come up ( am waiting to buy the shares) .Pls, Hail the SYMBOL OF VALUE.

4. UNILEVER is one company I respect a lot while growing up. I even did a contract job with them at Dockyard at apapa after my secondary school. When they move to agbara. Its like they just vanished. Their website is not always updated. Their career site is a great disappointment( for an international firm). I confirmed that everything goes on Billingways Ikeja, but your CVs are dropped in trashcans every evening, so don’t bother photocoping and typing. They only employ thru the other way…, but it is a great shame for the wonderful company. Most times, I really do miss GIWA. But they can still change, abi?

5. Now, these other ones, I will reserve my comments till when I conclude my investigation, Nigerian Stock Exchange, 7up, Oando PLC, Zenon, BAT( dnt mind those things on their website). Hopefully, by Wednesday next week, I will summary my investigation.

All comments, constructive criticism or contributions should b posted on this site or sent to my email : edward_onoshama@yahoo.com. I can also be reach on 08057631340. Am trying to keep it real. E go better for Naija.
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2007
guy if your accussations are true i'll say u merit an award for be outspoken things like this can make pretenders in the biz world change
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by femadis(m): 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2007
Eddy"

You've done a great job,if your findings are true anyway, pls add Afribank to your investigation.The bank is also one bank we have had little or nothing about resently after banking consolidation.

thanks
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by pady: 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2007
where do we go from here? cry
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by oyenekan(f): 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2007
Hi Eddy, i am a man who appreciates good argument with valid & true premises because they will always provide nothing but a sound Conclusion . All that u said of these organisations where nothing but the truth.
Lets just hope that somebody gets to tell them of all these lapses and pray they make amends.
Eddy 1's again, well done. grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by uwagbae: 2:52am On Sep 05, 2007
u can get more info on these banks and more on this site www.apacheoffer..com
you have done a great job.well done.
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by bekwine: 8:02am On Sep 05, 2007
Job well done!
Just to summarize, these banks are old wines in new bottles,First Bank & Afribank inclusive.
Imagine a first bank that claims to have online banking facilities but you can only withdraw from your current account in other branches. This means that if you are operating a savings account with first bank, you can only withdraw from that branch that you opened your account. First bank and all those banks listed by the poster are just the equivalent of civil service in the banking sector. They would rather remain in their comfort zones. They detest change!
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by Spiwes(m): 9:28am On Sep 05, 2007
Hey guys, this is a brilliant contribution from Eddy. I will pick STERLING BANK aspect to comment on. This is one bank that has beaten many observers' imaginations. Let me start by saying that its actually a merger of NAL MERCHANT BANK; MAGNUM TRUST BANK; TRUST BANK OF AFRICA;NBM BANK AND INDO-NIGERIA BANK.

The house may not be too familiar with Indo-Nigeria bank. This is a bank that has over 500,000 branches all over india. They are the largest reatail bankers in india, and that is to mention hw strong they were before they joined the merger with Sterling Bank.

It might also interest the house to know that in May this year, they partnered with CREDIT-AGRICOLE bank of France. This is one of the leading banks in France. The essence was that before now, the CBN had given directive to the managers of Nig foreign reserve to partner with indeginous banks to manage our foreign reserves.

Behold! sterling bank was the only bank that was selected for this deal. What a great bank under the leadership of BABATUNDE ABDULWAHAB DABIRI. Well many may not know too well about this young man that started being MD of various banks at age 36, and till date he is still MD.

It may also interest the house to know that STERLING'S ATM system has been confirmed the best in Nigeria by observers and stakeholders in the electronic banking system. You have confidence that when you are at their ATM machine, u get what u want promptly.

My dear Nairalanders I actually made all these reasearch and also found out that by NOV-DEC, they are coming to the market with 100billion public offer. So for all in the house, wait patiently and invest. It may also interest you to know that of late when the shares of the likes of first bank and others are falling, Sterling bank shares is rising.

Finally, a new passport system known as e-passort has commenced. You can only make payments through four out of the 25 banks in Nig. Sterling bank is the leading among these four which incude Zenith, UBA, Afri, with no complains from their pay system I began to wonder what and where are they coming from and where they are heading to.

In conclusion, their recruitment system is one of the fairest ever. Just ensure you are called for test and u pass, and perform well in the intvw, u are in real time.

ALL HAIL THE SYMBOL OF VALUE
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by clutch162(m): 10:44am On Sep 05, 2007
"Eddy2009" i very much agree with u. What an excellent research and also an excellent "phrases & adjective" to describe your finding.

Na Union Bank i dey beef pass! I have been saying this for years now that 99% of This "presentday nigerian youths' wlud never bank with UNION BANK. Why! Poor Customer service, Poor infrasstructure, Unpresentable working environment etc.
1- A glance @ their environment reminds me of a glorified "poultry house".
2- Na for this same bank i dey cashier yelling @ customers and will confidently say "nothin go happen"-HA! ontop my money wey dey pay them salary.
3-Their workers, except some on the island, look very ugly, uninviting, unpresentable that the thot of opening an account with them vanishes.

why on earth will i go to Union when New generation banks show off more than enough invitation appearance-wise.

The way i see it, if they continue like this for the next 10years, Belive u me, they are going down like savannah bank. i dont care what those Old men say-including my dad. Because na with the speed of light i go clear my old man account from Useless Union Bank if  i get the chance.
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by ronny1(f): 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2007
hello EDDY what u said about these companies is true but i will advice u not to give up it is going to be well with we job seekers in Nigeria. lets have faith in God that it is well.
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by uzzi: 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2007
Eddy be careful so u dont give out wrong information. Union bank did some recruitment 2 months ago. I did not hear of it because I wasn't registered with the recruiting company that did the excercise for them. Two people close to me that were recruited  then have no god father or god mother in the company, they were only lucky to be in the right place at the right time. Instead of sitting at home lamenting over what you are not sure of or worse poisoning the mind of other people, go out to those banks and see if u can discover their recruitment format. I will post the name of the agency that recently recruited for Union bank, but the truth is that they may not win such a contract in the near future.
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by murphylaa: 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2007
You really impressed me with that work of yours. Had I the means I would nominate you for an award for being outspoken. I can only hope that these wake up from their slumber. The competintion in the banking sectors is very tough and even getting tougher. I can conffiedntly and confortable predict that in the next ten years, , Well, don't let me say it. If they change, its good for us.

Thanks
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by bishopxl(m): 12:40am On Sep 06, 2007
eddy you are completely right bout uniion bank , u see have friend whos fa ther works in the bank, when i ask how they employ in the bank e told mi that i can only be invited for a test if i bear the same surname, i mean was s yoruba and ma ibo
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by babasokey(m): 4:24am On Sep 06, 2007
EDDY, YOU ARE WONDERFULLY MADE.

CAN WE GET MORE OF HIS PERSON IN NIGER?

EDDY, WELL DONE

PLZ WORM UP FOR ABUJA SEAT WE ARE STRONGLY BEHIND YOU
cool smiley
Re: Union, Wema, Sterling Bank And Others by MYGOOD: 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2007
guy you are a good investigative journalist keep it up

(1) (Reply)

(must Read For All Graduate In Niraland,10 Way How You Can Win An Interview) / Bank Recruitment: Not A Fresh Graduate But Qualified & Under 30 / Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) Recruitment For Graduate 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.