Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,924 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:36 AM

Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? (10000 Views)

Poll: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet Tall ?

Yes: 21% (4 votes)
No: 21% (4 votes)
Not Sure: 15% (3 votes)
Silly question: 26% (5 votes)
Impossible: 15% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

PICS:Church Members Carry Their Pastor Because His Feet Must Not Touch The Floor / Perfection Must Be Attained To Get To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2011
Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543:
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall (90 feet tall). "

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543)

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "The first group of people who will enter Paradise, will be glittering like the full moon and those who will follow them, will glitter like the most brilliant star in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their centers. Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in statute), sixty cubits tall." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 544)

Guys is it me or maybe I am having a bad day, that the Quran says Adam was 90ft tall.

Is this humanly possible since we are descendants of Adam , how could this be !!
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by thehomer: 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2011
frosbel:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543:
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall (90 feet tall). "

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543)

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "The first group of people who will enter Paradise, will be glittering like the full moon and those who will follow them, will glitter like the most brilliant star in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their centers. Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in statute), sixty cubits tall." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 544)

Guys is it me or maybe I am having a bad day, that the Quran says Adam was 90ft tall.

Is this humanly possible since we are descendants of Adam , how could this be !!

Why could he not have been 90 feet tall? How old do you think he was before he died? I mean the guy was missing a rib that was used to make a whole person and met talking snakes.

1 Like

Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 16, 2011
Of Course not!! He was only 75 feet!

1 Like

Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:19pm On Sep 16, 2011
*only" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2011
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2011
^^^^^^^

Surely you don't believe in this fable , right ?

Do you know what 90ft is, lol.   grin

Na wah ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2011
Sweetnecta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1RD49XG12Y

A comment from your video below

"all of those pictures are fake. i am working photoshop for 12 years and i can do that.

most of those pics are made for contests. also the place you are shaying those skeletons

found is my birthplace. this incident never happent. we should keep our mind open? yes, but also our eyes. look for the shadows and more." - By Anonymous
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2011
Noah's Ark was 45ft (30 cubits) high, are they saying that Adam was twice as tall as Noah's Ark?
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2011
Sweetnecta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1RD49XG12Y

I remember those pictures have been exposed as photoshops on this forum. If you believe that Adam was 90 ft then you will believe those pictures are for real.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2011
Appears Muhammad was an excellent fairy tales story teller.  grin

Other fairly tales by Mo, including his best sellers Satan in Your Nose and How to make Bombs are :

- Allah loves sneezing but dislikes yawning
- Fever comes from heat of Hell
- Spit on Left for Protection Against Bad Dreams
- Death be upon you, too
- Dye your hair because Jews and Christians don't

great source of entertainment these are !!!!
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by wirinet(m): 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2011
It was possible Adam was up to 90 feet tall, afterall he lived close to a thousand years, he could be reducing in size the older he became until he got to about 6 feet. Since we no longer live to be a thousand years, we reduced in height to about 6 feet.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2011
^^^

Sure he was on a diet grin
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2011
[Quote] « #9 on: Today at 01:11:36 PM »

Appears Muhammad was an excellent fairy tales story teller. Grin

Other fairly tales by Mo, including his best sellers Satan in Your Nose[/Quote]Some disbelievers will always dig their own graves. Where is Satan right now, if you say it does not "in your nose"? I am sure you see Satan, so you must know where he is? PLease tell us. If you can't then shut up because what comes out of your mouth is ugly.

[Quote] and How to make Bombs are :[/Quote]Maybe we should ask if Peter was truly Satan when Jesus called him so? If not, where was Satan then when Jesus was calling Peter, Satan?

[Quote]- Allah loves sneezing but dislikes yawning[/Quote]I dislike yawning, because its a sign of tiredness. I know you love it yawning.

[Quote]- Fever comes from heat of Hell[/Quote]Has the Medical community agreed on a single source of Fever?

[Quote]- Spit on Left for Protection Against Bad Dreams[/Quote]This is strange, because spitting on the left and not on the right or in front has nothng to do with dream, especially when it will be many hours before bedtime. Some enemies of Allah will continue to invent their lies.

[Quote]- Death be upon you, too[/Quote]And the reply is disliked, but not the evil greeting that was replied to.

[Quote]- Dye your hair because Jews and Christians don't[/Quote]Who dyes hair to original color, except the slave of vanity; the non Muslims? Muslims are told if they dye their hair, it must not be to the original color, except when you are going to way which will give the impression of youth in the eyes of the enemies?

[Quote]great source of entertainment these are !!!![/Quote]Here is a greater entertainment material since you are in the mood;
When the Biblical Jesus was taken by the evil one to the cliff, how did satan do it? Did e take Jesus physically of he pushed him by his mind?
When Satan told Jesus that the authority of the world was given to him, did he say that by voice, or he was talking to Jesus by controlling his mind?
When Satan told Jesus to worship him, did he do that by voice or he affected the mind of Jesus?
When he spoke about given Jesus food, did Satan informed Jesus by voice or mind?
When he carried Jesus to the top of the mountain, did he do that by physically carrying or directed his mind?
Either way, you lose. It shows how powerless Jesus is, and the con artist satan is. So to say you know how he operates shows that he is your boss.

And the "Sons of God" saw the daughters of men and got them pregnant to produce "GIANTS" {Biblical verse. Check it out in your Bible]. Now, how tall are those giants whose fathers were sons of God? I guess these sons of God are more son since there is no human mother that Jesus with Mary, being his mother.

I don't know who is inside, but check out how long the grave is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfOwZQ8beiY
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

Sure he was on a diet grin

If he had been watching his height he wouldn't grow that tall.  grin  I am sure not all muslims believe this tortoise and Iroko tree fable otherwise they would have been here confirming it as true.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2011
wirinet:

It was possible Adam was up to 90 feet tall, afterall he lived close to a thousand years, he could be reducing in size the older he became until he got to about 6 feet. Since we no longer live to be a thousand years, we reduced in height to about 6 feet.

If T. Rex could evolve from a lizard-like creature due to the process of evolution don't you think Adam must have evolved from a six footer to a 90 footer?  Why are you evolving in a reverse order?  I don't know which fairy tale is more puzzling.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2011
Don't believe the tortoise and the Iroko tree stories by the moonlight, the eternal unchanging Truth wins all the time.

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20051121.gif[/img]
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by wirinet(m): 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2011
My old friend MR olaadegun, never tied of turning facts upside down to support your beliefs. It is a known fact that animals and plants had been down sizing after the extinction of the dinosaurs. Examples are abound in fossil finds.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2011
^true. I think even humans are growing shorter by the day. sad
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2011
@OLaadegbu: « #13 on: Today at 03:20:22 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: frosbel on Today at 01:14:06 PM
^^^
Sure he was on a diet Grin

If he had been watching his height he wouldn't grow that tall. Grin I am sure not all muslims believe this rooster and bull story otherwise they would have been here supporting confirming it.
Report to moderator Logged
The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart
OLAADEGBU (m)
UK

Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ?
« #14 on: Today at 03:24:32 PM »

Quote from: wirinet on Today at 01:12:44 PM

If T. Rex could evolve from a lizard-like creature due to the process of evolution don't you think Adam must have evolved from a six footer to and a 90 footer? Why are you evolving in a reverse order? I don't know which fairy tale is more puzzling.[/Quote}Can you tell us exactly how tall Adam was, who must meat, when the dinosaurs were here on earth? Imagine him and Eve alone, after checking out from hotel Eden, according to the Bible. They have to prepare their food for the first time. Where do they harvest the meat? The meat source must be big enough to compete in the hostile world of big giant meat eaters.Think about that.

If you can think about that, then think about the giants which the products of the sons of God and the daughters of men. ho tall exactly are they? My mom in her old age is still over 6 ft tall. Thats pretty tall for a yoruba woman. So few months ago, I asked her, as if I didn't know the answer already why I am not as tall as her siblings? She said i took the height from my father. See my father was not as tall as my mom.

Can you amuse yourself with the stories of Satan and Jesus of the Bible and Peter being Satan? How did Satan carry Jesus? Like a groom carrying his bride or using the mind of Jesus? Whatever your answer, you will look ridiculous because your God is being controlled by Satan. As bad as that is, Trinity as God is the most laughable thing. [/quote]
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2011
Can you tell us exactly how tall Adam was, who must meat, when the dinosaurs were here on earth? Imagine him and Eve alone, after checking out from hotel Eden, according to the Bible. They have to prepare their food for the first time. Where do they harvest the meat? The meat source must be big enough to compete in the hostile world of big giant meat eaters.Think about that.

If you can think about that, then think about the giants which the products of the sons of God and the daughters of men. ho tall exactly are they? My mom in her old age is still over 6 ft tall. Thats pretty tall for a yoruba woman. So few months ago, I asked her, as if I didn't know the answer already why I am not as tall as her siblings? She said i took the height from my father. See my father was not as tall as my mom.

Can you amuse yourself with the stories of Satan and Jesus of the Bible and Peter being Satan? How did Satan carry Jesus? Like a groom carrying his bride or using the mind of Jesus? Whatever your answer, you will look ridiculous because your God is being controlled by Satan. As bad as that is, Trinity as God is the most laughable thing.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2011
@Olaadegbu; Can you tell us exactly how tall Adam was, who must eat meat, when the dinosaurs were here on earth? Imagine him and Eve alone, after checking out from hotel Eden, according to the Bible. They have to prepare their food for the first time. Where do they harvest the meat? The meat source must be big enough to compete in the hostile world of big giant meat eaters.Think about that.

If you can't think about that, then think about the giants which the products of the sons of God and the daughters of men. ho tall exactly are they? My mom in her old age is still over 6 ft tall. Thats pretty tall for a yoruba woman. So few months ago, I asked her, as if I didn't know the answer already why I am not as tall as her siblings? She said i took the height from my father. See my father was not as tall as my mom.

Can you amuse yourself with the stories of Satan and Jesus of the Bible and Peter being Satan? How did Satan carry Jesus? Like a groom carrying his bride or using the mind of Jesus? Whatever your answer, you will look ridiculous because your God is being controlled by Satan. As bad as that is, Trinity as God is the most laughable thing.

from now on, if you do not defend any subject on christianity, i will take it that you hold the same position as the critic.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42am On Sep 18, 2011
wirinet:

My old friend MR olaadegun, never tied of turning facts upside down to support your beliefs. It is a known fact that animals and plants had been down sizing after the extinction of the dinosaurs. Examples are abound in fossil finds.

Here is a classical example of the fallacy of begging the question. You presume that fable of yours as a known fact, how then do you describe the size of the whale today?
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45am On Sep 18, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

^true. I think even humans are growing shorter by the day. sad

That may be the African experience, you need to see how tall our kids in this part of the world are growing even when their parents are of average height.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07am On Sep 18, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu; Can you tell us exactly how tall Adam was, who must eat meat, when the dinosaurs were here on earth? Imagine him and Eve alone, after checking out from hotel Eden, according to the Bible. They have to prepare their food for the first time. Where do they harvest the meat? The meat source must be big enough to compete in the hostile world of big giant meat eaters.Think about that.

You start on a false premise.  What informed you that both Adam and the dinosaurs were meat eaters?

Sweetnecta:

If you can't think about that, then think about the giants which the products of the sons of God and the daughters of men. ho tall exactly are they? My mom in her old age is still over 6 ft tall. Thats pretty tall for a yoruba woman. So few months ago, I asked her, as if I didn't know the answer already why I am not as tall as her siblings? She said i took the height from my father. See my father was not as tall as my mom.

Angels, humans and animals are different in kind.   For them to reproduce they have to be of the same kind.  Giants are the products of either natural or unatural selection of the same kind to produce a desired result.  If your parents were both tall and you had the right diet you would have been what we call a giant today.

Sweetnecta:

You are also guilty of the use of equivocation and the fallacy of begging the question in your argument.  You assume or believe that satan became Jesus or vice versa.  I know that some deluded Christians believe in this heresy, that Jesus took upon the nature of satan and that He had to suffer torture in hell to pay for our sins, they don't believe that the price was fully paid at the cross, but why should you always believe heresies over of biblical truths?  And what has this got to do with the question at hand?

Sweetnecta:

from now on, if you do not defend any subject on christianity, i will take it that you hold the same position as the critic.

The topic on this thread is a valid question because he quoted your hadiths to buttress his point.  It is up to you to answer the question and not to shift the burden of proof to Christians.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 3:26am On Sep 18, 2011
@Olaadegbu: « #23 on: Today at 01:07:28 AM »
By the way where is the Olaadegbu from in Yorubaland? Just state. I bet its not Ogun. Unless its a hybrid of names.

[Quote] You start on a false premise. What informed you that both Adam and the dinosaurs were a meat eaters?[/Quote]You are behaving like your father, Paul the liar and a killer from the beginning. Adam [as], a human being must eat meat. Unless you have a proof otherwise? And you have read, if not seen rendering of furiously looking lion, tiger type dinosaurs? You think they are grass grazers with those fangs? At least, Adam will have to protect himself from them, too, as much as he will seek food, meat for his family.

[Quote]Angels, humans and animals are different in kinds. The fact that these can Reproduce does not mean that they can reproduce, for them to reproduce they have to be of the same kind. Giants are the products of either natural or unatural selection of the same kinds to produce a desired result. If your parents were both tall and you had the right diet you would have been what we call a giant today.[/Quote]while you tiptoes away from the biblical giants who were products of good looking daughters of men that were taken to bed by 'sons of biblical God', your response to my condition helps me to ask you here; what was the average height of the giants fathered by sons of God? Give me feet and inches; i am from the old school. what was the height of the tallest of the giants, and what was the shortest? How tall were the women who produced them? How tall were the sons of God that couldn't help themselves?
Finally, where did the sons of God come from; heaven, in full height, without any aircraft? I am gonna laugh at your silly reasoning. So bring up your cartoons, instead of using your thinking to respond. How tall do you think an Angel be? Rather do you think God can't make Angel occupy the whole space?

[Quote]You are also guilty of the use of equivocation and the fallacy of begging the question in your argument.[/Quote]You want me to ignore the absurdity of your belief while you ridicule truth? No way, sir. Mi o gbodo shee beee.

[Quote] You assume or believe that satan became Jesus or vice versa.[/Quote]This is your thining and it is wrong because thats not my take on the stories. I see that you are creating an atmosphere of guilt. Alhamdulillah, there is guilt in me on this matter.

[Quote] I know that some deluded Christians believe in this heresy, that Jesus took upon the nature of satan and that He had to suffer torture in hell to pay for our sins, they don't believe that the price was fully paid at the cross, but why should you always believe heresies over of biblical truths? And what has this got to do with the question at hand?[/Quote]What is Biblical truth? I simply asked questions based on the Bible. You do know that I am not a christian and your full price is your own illusion, because no one is paying for the sins of anyone. Otherwise, Jesus will not be telling you magicians [sorry miracle workers] that he will chase you away, on the day of Judgment. I never said anything bad about Jesus. I simply asked if Satan appeared and physically took Jesus willingly or not or whispered into his heart?

[Quote]The topic on this thread is a valid question because he quoted your hadiths to buttress his point. It is up to you to answer the question and not to shift the burden of proof to Christians.[/Quote]My approach to answering, though you may detest it is valid. I am showing you to open your eyes and see that prophets know what you don't know. You have not seen Satan before. Or you have? Where does he reside? Prophets of God told us the nature, the handwork and residences of Satan and you are disputing them. Do you have evidences against the prophets concerning the unseen, specifically, satan?
Jesus never met Abraham. Yet you believe what he said about him. But you dispute what the "That Prophet" said about Adam.
Didn't Jesus tell you that the another comforter will lead you to all truth? What did the holy ghost as fire told the 11 disciples and their followers, if you wanna include anyone you want, about the height of Adam? What did your Bible tell you about the height of Adam, if the Bible is the Word of God? You may say it is not important, but the whole truth includes the least of the Whole Truth.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20am On Sep 18, 2011
Sweetnecta:

You are behaving like your father, Paul the liar and a killer from the beginning. Adam [as], a human being must eat meat. Unless you have a proof otherwise? And you have read, if not seen rendering of furiously looking lion, tiger type dinosaurs? You think they are grass grazers with those fangs? At least, Adam will have to protect himself from them, too, as much as he will seek food, meat for his family.

I go by the truth not fables.  Read Genesis 1:29-30 and educate yourself.

Sweetnecta:

while you tiptoes away from the biblical giants who were products of good looking daughters of men that were taken to bed by 'sons of biblical God', your response to my condition helps me to ask you here; what was the average height of the giants fathered by sons of God? Give me feet and inches; i am from the old school. what was the height of the tallest of the giants, and what was the shortest? How tall were the women who produced them? How tall were the sons of God that couldn't help themselves?
Finally, where did the sons of God come from; heaven, in full height, without any aircraft? I am gonna laugh at your silly reasoning. So bring up your cartoons, instead of using your thinking to respond. How tall do you think an Angel be? Rather do you think God can't make Angel occupy the whole space?

Here is your attempt in diverting the course of this topic.  You don't need to shift the burden of proof on me nor do you need to refer to the Bible that you misunderstand due to your own preconceived ideas.  The question on this topic is: Do you really think that Adam attained a height of 90 feet?  You can ask other questions on another thread.

Sweetnecta:

You want me to ignore the absurdity of your belief while you ridicule truth? No way, sir. Mi o gbodo shee beee.

You don't need to use the Bible to defend your fables, ignore my understanding of the Bible and focus on answering the question set before you.

Sweetnecta:

This is your thining and it is wrong because thats not my take on the stories. I see that you are creating an atmosphere of guilt. Alhamdulillah, there is guilt in me on this matter.

What is your guilt?  The misinformation you have must be sending you on a guilt trip, repent and believe the gospel truth.

Sweetnecta:

What is Biblical truth? I simply asked questions based on the Bible. You do know that I am not a christian and your full price is your own illusion, because no one is paying for the sins of anyone. Otherwise, Jesus will not be telling you magicians [sorry miracle workers] that he will chase you away, on the day of Judgment. I never said anything bad about Jesus. I simply asked if Satan appeared and physically took Jesus willingly or not or whispered into his heart?

Leave the Bible out of this and defend your position.

Sweetnecta:

My approach to answering, though you may detest it is valid. I am showing you to open your eyes and see that prophets know what you don't know. You have not seen Satan before. Or you have? Where does he reside? Prophets of God told us the nature, the handwork and residences of Satan and you are disputing them. Do you have evidences against the prophets concerning the unseen, specifically, satan?
Jesus never met Abraham. Yet you believe what he said about him. But you dispute what the "That Prophet" said about Adam.
Didn't Jesus tell you that the another comforter will lead you to all truth? What did the holy ghost as fire told the 11 disciples and their followers, if you wanna include anyone you want, about the height of Adam? What did your Bible tell you about the height of Adam, if the Bible is the Word of God? You may say it is not important, but the whole truth includes the least of the Whole Truth.

Are you confirming that your prophet, who you claim is the other comforter told you that Adam was 90 ft tall?  Do you really know how tall 90 ft is?  If Goliath at 9ft was considered to be a giant what do you think the Bible would consider Adam to be, a monster?  or have you been watching Godzilla and believed that it was that tall?
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by MyJoe: 10:27am On Sep 18, 2011
Obviously OLAADEGBU is bursting his sides laughing at the idea that Adam was 90 foot tall, but find the story that the same Adam lived for 930 years perfectly credible, rational and true.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2011
^^^^^^^^^ OLaadegbu does not apply his mind, but his emotion. I am even surprised that he has brought on Bugs Bonny [cartoon] to answer yet.

@Olaadegbu: « #25 on: Today at 08:20:34 AM »
[Quote]I go by the truth not fables. Read Genesis 1:29-30 and educate yourself.[/Quote]This is the truth? here is Gen 1 verses 29 and 30 [please don't be shy to show me the height of Adam in there, if the Bible is complete]: 29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so

[Quote]Here is your attempt in diverting the course of this topic. You don't need to shift the burden of proof on me nor do you need to refer to the Bible that you misunderstand due to your own preconceived ideas. [b]The question on this topic is: Do you really think that Adam attained a height of 90 feet? [/b]You can ask other questions on another thread.[/Quote]I am trying to open your eyes to knowledge. Your Bible is silent on the question, showing its deficiency. But the answer is from a different source, a more thorough source, a complete source, you now want to doubt the information. Do you have any viable argument from the Bible to go against it. Giants as children of son of Biblical God must be pretty tall. Have you noticed the word giant? I ask you to give me accurate measurement, you are giving all kinds of excuses. Mr. There a book titled Gulliver's Travel. In it there was a giant that the inhabitants that saw him, were in his eyes like less than dwarfs. The inhabitants might have had normal heights, even for our time. But to the giant may even be more than 100 feet. You don't know. You also don't know about Adam, since your Bible is obviously silent.

[Quote]You don't need to use the Bible to defend your fables, ignore the my understanding of the Bible and focus on answering the question set before you.[/Quote]You however take your bible to be the absolute truth. So lets see how your absolute truth fairs against my fable.
Bible the absolute truth, how tall was Adam, the first man that God created? Answer; Silence. I don't know. My opinion; You are a fake. Let me ask the hadith of Muhammad [as] who you readers think the worst about. I bet you he will have an answer, fulfilling the position and duty of the Another Comforter and definitely the "That Prophet", the reason the Jews went to Arabia to create a city next to Makka. Madina is the final name of the city they created, and it is the resting place of Muhammad [as].
Here is what Muhammad [as] says about Adam [as]; Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543)"
The Scientific Discoveries.

(a)- Life began on earth 3.8 billion years ago!
(b)- Dahaha (دحاها) means expanded, made spherical, balanced, and caused to move.
(c)- The smaller the planet, the lesser the gravity, and the bigger and taller the creatures will be.
(d)- The earth was much smaller and kept expanding.

Allah Almighty Said that He Expanded the earth.
www.answering-christianity.com/adam_90_feet_tall.htm -

[Quote]What is your guilt? The misinformation you have must be sending you on a guilt trip, repent and believe the gospel truth.[/Quote]you should be able to read between the line. I have no guilt. I intended to type no guilt, except I was typing so fast the "no' was skipped. I have no need for your gospel truth where the last saying of Jesus was not just a single saying. Who needs to be in such a confused camp? Definitely not me.

[Quote] from: Sweetnecta on Today at 03:26:26 AM
What is Biblical truth? I simply asked questions based on the Bible. You do know that I am not a christian and your full price is your own illusion, because no one is paying for the sins of anyone. Otherwise, Jesus will not be telling you magicians [sorry miracle workers] that he will chase you away, on the day of Judgment. I never said anything bad about Jesus. I simply asked if Satan appeared and physically took Jesus willingly or not or whispered into his heart?

Leave the Bible out of this and defend your position.[/Quote]I already defended my position. Now defend your bible. Or you no fit defend am?

[Quote] from: Sweetnecta on Today at 03:26:26 AM
My approach to answering, though you may detest it is valid. I am showing you to open your eyes and see that prophets know what you don't know. You have not seen Satan before. Or you have? Where does he reside? Prophets of God told us the nature, the handwork and residences of Satan and you are disputing them. Do you have evidences against the prophets concerning the unseen, specifically, satan?

Are you confirming that your prophet, who you claim is the other comforter told you that Adam was 90 ft tall? [/Quote]You read the hadith. It is not against the Quran. If Muhammad [as] said it, I already accepted it. I hope you accept everything in the Bible including how Yahweh gets around?

[Quote]Do you really know how 90 ft is? If Goliath at 9ft was considered to be a giant[/Quote]I cam count, sir. 90 feet is 10 feet more than 80 feet and 10 feet less than 100 feet. Does that answer your question. The California Red Tree is so tall that it dwarfs any tall tree around it. And that is after the flood of Noah. But Adam was long time before the flood and he lived close to a millennium, if not more. If you believe he lived that long, imagine him being that tall, too. And Goliath was giant to little boy, not even 13 years old yet, David. And this was long time after the man known as Moses.

[Quote] what do you think the Bible would consider Adam to be, a monster?[/Quote]Monster or not, the reality is that the Bible was silent about the height of Adam. You ask that I go to Gen 1 verses 29 and 30 as if there is a wealth of information about the height of Adam waiting for me. Nothing was there. So there was your empty knowledge.

[Quote] or have you been watching Godzilla and believed that it was that tall?[/Quote]I dont know about you. But let me show you a video of a man who left Christianity after discovering how the Bible says Yahweh travels around. Please watch it and give me your opinion, afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-04A2tFO1l8&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL428186129F273F27
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2011
So you believe Adam was 90ft tall, right

grin grin grin#

Muhammad was a real character.

Funny , but so sad he took on his GOD , disobeyed him and is now awaiting his judgment which unfortunately does not sound like he is on the right side.

Indeed we can all come to this conclusion, he was and still is a False Prophet !!
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2011
@Olaadegbu; when you get back, 1 Samuel Chapter 22 Verse 11 is waiting for you.

And the guy: You need to buy a good brain in England, because whats in your skull is unused.

Me, I love Muhammad [as] with all my heart for the Pleasure of my Creator {ATWA}.

I follow Muhammad [as]. Where the Bibles fail, Muhammad restored truth. Where the Bibles are silent, Muhammad gives detailed information.

That is what mankind is expecting from the Another Comforter, the "That Prophet [as]".
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2011
That is what mankind is expecting from the Another Comforter, the "That Prophet [as]".

Keep deceiving yourself !!!!
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2011
^^^^^^^^^ i guess you picked up that phrase from the little, who are saying it to you, each time you talk to them?

Their mother is smart on one hand. she is also saddled with another child, his or her child instead of a husband. pity. poor woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Must We Shout When We Pray? / Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? / The Good Things In The Lives Of Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.