Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? (30384 Views)

Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. / Pictures From Mike Adenuga`s Billion Naira Banana Island Estate / 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by BABE3: 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2011
coogar:

hookers are healthier than your normal college girls. . . .

LOL. It's true.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2011
@mitofag your talking like someone with a screwed up life
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by tlops(m): 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2011
Govt suppose make move to tax this booming industry! put POS at the entrance and swipe ur card before you proceed inward.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by coogar: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2011
Lax75:

Bros Coogar!

But howso?

How do you know this? tongue

hookers are in the business. they know the dangers around their trade.
college students are inexperienced, naive girls with no technical know how of the s[i]e[/i]x business.

BABE!:

LOL. It's true.

long time no see. . . . .did you travel?
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by pendo89(f): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2011
kulutempa:

I am just amazed at some of the stories I have read here.  Looks like there is nothing like love or affection in Nigeria anymore and it's all about cold hard cash.  As the late Fela Kuti said it's "money for hand,  back for ground".   However one thing I can't get my head around is that women in poorer African countries like Ethiopia don't behave like this.   What makes Nigerians so different?

Ethiopia now is not like we saw during the famine period.
I got a nigerian workmate friend called Tokunbo who went to Addis first time for biz,infact he's leaving tomorrow after being there for a week. He told me that he could not believe his eyes, saying that Ethiopia is better than Abuja in so many ways. I have never been to Abuja so I dont know true that is.
Some african countries are ahead in development but of course media will never show.

And yeah I 'think' culture has its influence on morals.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by mitofag: 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2011
REALITY101:

@mitofag your talking like someone with a screwed up life

You talking like someone destined to die from HIV/AIDS.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by BABE3: 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2011
coogar:

long time no see. . . . .did you travel?

Yup. I did.

coogar:

hookers are healthier than your normal college girls. . . .

BECAUSE--

coogar:

hookers are in the business. they know the dangers around their trade.
college students are inexperienced, naive girls with no technical know how of the s[i]e[/i]x business.

You don talk be that o. In your inner mind now, you've made sense abi? grin
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2011
@mitofag your handle speaks for you. . Nuff said. Adios culo
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by coogar: 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2011
BABE!:

Yup. I did.

welcome back! tongue

You don talk be that o. In your inner mind now, you've made sense abi? grin

perfect sense!!!
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Sike(m): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2011
Parisgoodman:

i think its time 4 governmnt 2 impose tax on this pple since its a big firm, @least it wil boost d nations economy, even better than agric, entertainment.
Please Who are the Government? Are they not the Government?? Same!!!
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by BABE3: 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2011
coogar:

perfect sense!!!

I thinketh not. That was some whack- a$$ hypothesis.  Hypothesis? What am I even saying? Your "observation" was " undecided".   tongue      
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by coogar: 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2011
BABE!:

I thinketh not. That was some whack- a$$ hypothesis.  Hypothesis? What am I even saying? Your "observation" was " undecided".   tongue      

soon you'll understand!!!
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by merge(f): 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2011
Nigerians have become too materialistic and self-centered people. The young women of today will be the mothers of the next generation.Its not a laughing matter and nothing to brag about. Its ashamed  many college girls do this to pay their school fees. Its makes the country look bad. The government is supposed to assist and families are not protecting their children.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Booty4me: 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2011
loading,
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by mitofag: 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2011
REALITY101:

@mitofag your handle speaks for you. . Nuff said. Adios culo

your g/-ay/i-s/h look says it all
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by merge(f): 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2011
Nigerians are selfish people and everyone out for themselves mentality. We should focus on how to make Nigeria safe for all children/young women. We are talking nonsense about who got game. Prostitution will always exist. Of course we know that. However, I feel for the young college women that got pressured to do it due to circumstances. I would never participate in such things. Its not anything to be proud about. Instead of people with money creating legit jobs for these young college people. They are too selfish and rather spend it on activities that can destroy a culture/people possibly forever.

I know all the dumb arguments. No heart breaks. That is not the point. I want all children/young people to live in a safe environment by all means possible. They are the future.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MMM2(m): 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2011
yes
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by kulutempa: 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2011
merge:

Nigerians are selfish people and everyone out for themselves mentality. We should focus on how to make Nigeria safe for all children/young women. We are talking nonsense about who got game. Prostitution will always exist. Of course we know that. However, I feel for the young college women that got pressured to do it due to circumstances. I would never participate in such things. Its not anything to be proud about. Instead of people with money creating legit jobs for these young college people. They are too selfish and rather spend it on activities that can destroy a culture/people possibly forever.

I know all the dumb arguments. No heart breaks. That is not the point. I want all children/young people to live in a safe environment by all means possible. They are the future.

Thank you and God bless.  I can see that at least all hope is not lost.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2011
Moral decadence,Useless married men,greedy society,Poverty,hopelessness.Runs gals are the product of the Nigerian society.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by tpia5: 8:56pm On Sep 17, 2011
I got a nigerian workmate friend called Tokunbo who went to Addis first time for biz,infact he's leaving tomorrow after being there for a week. He told me that he could not believe his eyes, saying that Ethiopia is better than Abuja in so many ways. I have never been to Abuja so I dont know true that is.

not sure why a lot of nigerians always "open mouth" anytime they exit their LGA.

they start gaping in a very embarassing manner.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2011
Not exactly sure what to make of this thread.

just listening and reading
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2011
^^

Sister Shy!

Alas!

Watch this turn into an anaconda just like the other thread about the stingy man/men.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by mitofag: 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2011
Shy-One:

Not exactly sure what to make of this thread.

just listening and reading

In Lagos?
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 9:09pm On Sep 17, 2011
I was reading one statement and the thought occurred to me that what if you are a "legitimate business career girl" and you live on the Island or in Lagos or Abjua and from reading this thread - others believe that you are a "Runs Girl"

Because you wear short skirts (cooler to wear in heat), drive a nice vehicle, live in a nice area and live alone or with a female roommate.

Let's make sure we aren't just jumping to the conclusion that everyone who falls in that category actually prostitutes themselves to the highest bidder.

You would be doing someone an injustice if you have that in your thought about them and approach them on that level - assumptions make an "As$s" out of the owner of that assumption.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 9:11pm On Sep 17, 2011
mitofag:

In Lagos?

Women will be women everywhere - it matters not the location - prostitution is the oldest career on the planet. But pray we don't assume that all of us a prostitutes because we look good, have money, dress well and drive decent vehicles.

I know prostitutes exist but let's pray this thread doesn't discombobulate all women who meet the criteria as being a prostitute - don't approach your future wife thinking she is a prostitute - you might ruin your blessing.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 9:13pm On Sep 17, 2011
Shy-One:

I was reading one statement and the thought occurred to me that what if you are a "legitimate business career girl" and you live on the Island or in Lagos or Abjua and from reading this thread - others believe that you are a "Runs Girl"

Because you wear short skirts (cooler to wear in heat), drive a nice vehicle, live in a nice area and live alone or with a female roommate.

Let's make sure we aren't just jumping to the conclusion that everyone who falls in that category actually LovePeddlers themselves to the highest bidder.

You would be doing someone an injustice if you have that in your thought about them and approach them on that level - assumptions make an "As$s" out of the owner of that assumption.

Sister Shy!

Warrup with thee?

Do you give a flying porkchop what people "think" about you? Can't please everyone. Hey, look at the holiest man that ever lived. He died on the cross for us all and even he had haters.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by johnblaze1: 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2011
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2011
ok

I just think that many women fall into that "visual"

Nice looking
flashy, attractive clothing
nice vehicles
live alone

basically when I VISIT - one of the writers just described me in that post - it is a false characterization and will have the person who assumes it to be so will be in LOTS OF HOT WATER if they assume this to be so and approach me on that level.

But from what I have heard - Lagos - frowns on women who "live alone" - that baffles me, totally - hard for me to wrap my head around that thought

From the family's home to the husband's home - that is "acceptable" for the environment

They want them to suck their parents dry until they land a husband - the woman could be in her 30s before she marries

hmmmmmm
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2011
john_blaze:

see for yourself

http://blackenterpreurs..com/

I am not a fat girl who needs fat clothes - why did you post this?
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Thirst4Lif: 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2011
So, in the unlikely event that you come across Shirley or Dami someday, don't look down on them. See them as investors or business owners or even professionals in an evolving, dynamic and multi billion Naira industry -RUNS.

Sounds like the writings of Umar Mutallab. But a w.hore by any other name is still a w.hore, my friend!! Don't be fooled. And PLEASE don't try

to fool US! It won't work!!
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by tpia5: 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2011
if the spotlight is on them, as this article seems to imply, then i'd advise any girl who is into runs, to better get out of it asap because things might start happening.

if it's being called a multi billion naira industry then obviously a change of guard is going to take place, and new faces brought on board.

i hope all these girls enjoying cars and houses from runs, have the stuff in their own names?

they better start planning for the future now.

get closer to God while you're at it.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by mitofag: 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2011
tpia@:

if the spotlight is on them, as this article seems to imply, then i'd advise any girl who is into runs, to better get out of it asap because things might start happening.

if it's being called a multi billion naira industry then obviously a change of guard is going to take place, and new faces brought on board.

i hope all these girls enjoying cars and houses from runs, have the stuff in their own names?

they better start planning for the future now.

get closer to God while you're at it.

you are just jealous because you couldnt get those goodies

Blame God, not those beautiful ladies

Ugly Tpiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? / MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown / Naira Appreciates Across Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.